Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    That seems like a good deal to me. Where are you located?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey hpowders. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 base MDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00090 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Thanks, Car_man. I didn't know about the $1500. :)
  • fsudreyerfsudreyer Member Posts: 28
    Car_man,

Is the May buy rate lease money factors and residuals the same for this month as well? Also, do you know if Acura is changing the MDX this year? Acura of Pembroke Pines "was" offering a $399 with only first and tag fees last month. Was this a great price for 36 months and 10K miles? Thanks,

William
  • ronbarsronbars Member Posts: 11
    I'm curious about this as well! The deal advertised on Acura of Pembroke Pines' website now offers a 36 month/10,000 mile per year lease of a 2012 MDX base for $389 plus tax, with $1995 down, $0 security deposit and INCLUDES doc, transfer, tag & acquisition fee with approved credit. The $1995 out of pocket goes up by $1000 if you don't qualify for the competitive conquest or loyalty programs. This seems like a very good deal in light of the $1,995 including the all the fees, but I'm still curious of the word "down" versus "out of pocket" since they go on to enumerate that all of the fees are included. No mention of the cap cost in the ad.

I'm going to visit this week and see what I can do on a 36/12 of an MDX Tech, assuming the vehicle/deal on offer is at 0.00090 MF and 57% residual with a Tech 36/12 being 0.00090 and 54% (55% if 10,000 miles per year).
    You're very welcome hpowders. The dealer cash makes a big difference. Make sure to take it into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, William, the May numbers for the 2012 Acura MDX are the same in May as they were in April. The 2013 MDX is supposed to be different than the 2012 model.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $1,000 under invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • bzwerlinbzwerlin Member Posts: 4
    I have been working the past few weeks for a deal on an MDX tech. Would like some validation/feedback on the sales price and payment. I have several quotes around this same price now so I feel comfortable that at least in CO I am getting close to the "wall" with the dealers in state at least. These are based on 36/12 lease structure.

MDX Price: 42500
    D&H: 469
    Residual: 25644
    MF: .0009
    Acquisition: 595
    Title:27
    Pmt: 560 + tx

No down, first month payment only.

Two questions:
    1) is this a good price/deal for a Tech? they are offering 1500 under invoice but not sure if there are other fees that I should negotiate. Not much data on CO, but seems that 42.5 for base tech is still a bit high (I have no conquest or loyalty option)
    2) is there still a 20-50 gap on the monthly pmt or am I missing something in the calc? They haven't been clear (go figure) on what they are baking into the payments but if I assume full payout rate on soft costs (D&H, origination/acquisition, etc.) I get pretty darn close.

This forum is beyond fantastic! I only wish there was more in CO from a data standpoint, so I'll try to help that part. Lots of FL and NJ data which I've been able to leverage which is greatly appreciated.
    Hi bzwerlin. The money factor and acquisition fee that you were quoted are right on the money, so that's a good sign.

Let's take a look at the selling price. According to Edmunds.com, the dealer invoice price of a 2012 Acura MDX Tech is $44,121, so you're actually at around $1,600 under dealer invoice. Wait a second, I see that the dealer is breaking out the destination charge separately. OK, then you're actually at around $350 over invoice once the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on this model is taken into account. That's still not bad.

Overall, I'd say that this is a pretty good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • lalakrsfanlalakrsfan Member Posts: 44
    Hi Car_man,

Probably my 4th or 5th time coming back to you during the past 10 years for the great info you provide on lease rates...thank you once again!

Wife is deciding between MDX Base vs. MDX Base w/Tech and need to confirm the May money factor and residual % for a 36 month 10K per year lease.

Thanks,
    Tyler
    Wow, Tyler, you're making me feel old ;). Welcome back. Big game for you guys tonight. I hope that you're not insulted that I'm more of a Durant than a Kobe fan :).

Here's the information that you're looking for. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00090 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor the for MDX Tech would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% lower.

There is a $1,500 dealer cash incentive on this truck right now. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jeffreylevinjeffreylevin Member Posts: 32
    Hi Car_Man

Fantastic post, great information exchange.

Just signed deal to lease MDX Tech with 1,500 dealer cash incentive, plus 1000 loyalty for 516 12 k miles. Reading above post know that I got a good lease deal.

Thanks for all your help.
    Jeff
  • rovidanarovidana Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at Acura MDX tech package and was quoted 575 per month with a total of around 1,200 due at signing for 36 months 15k per year. Is this a reasonable quote?
  • lalakrsfanlalakrsfan Member Posts: 44
    Not insulted at all, frankly its not been easy being a Lakers fan this year. KD is a great player and OKC looks like they can be the team out of the west this year. I wish them luck and hope that the Lakers finally dump some "excess baggage" this off season.

Thanks once again for the info. With sites like this and the info you provide, I'm so glad that I'm not selling cars like I was 20 years ago. The "informed" buyer definitely has the edge these days. :):)
  • czar4czar4 Member Posts: 33
    Jeff,

Would you mind sharing whether you put down any $$ on that lease deal?

Thanks,

Ben
    Thanks Jeff. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Congratulations on getting your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome lalakrsfan.

Car_man
    Host
  • flvol77flvol77 Member Posts: 8
    maybe I missing something, but three or four dealers are running lease adds

12k a year, 0 down payment, just upfront fees (two dealers said the fees are less than 700 dollars up front) for 399 a month on a base MDX

One dealer is having a huge Memorial Day special and the lease is 375 for 36/12

I am going to meet with them tomorrow, I will find out what tricks they have for me, looking at trading in or selling my wifes 05 TL and she wants the MDX
    edited May 2012
    Would you mind posting the links to those dealers or ads? I'm negotiating a base MDX lease right now and appreciate it. As is, I am getting a better deal quoted than the nat'l $0/$0/$530 plus tax for a base MDX (I think bc of other incentives, e.g., loyalty $$, in place). I'm surprised (but glad!) to see potential for even more savings off the current program.

Is it correct to think that the nat'l advertised lease deal of $449 month with $2999 down could be had, with no negotiating, for $449 and $500 down once the $1000 incentive and $1500 loyalty incentives are put back in?
    So here's the deal I'm getting, and want to make sure it's decent before I take delivery tomorrow (Friday).

2012 Base MDX MSRP: $43,815
    Cash Sales Price: $39,949.69
    Acquisition fee: $595
    DMV, Smog, Tire: $122.50
    Cap Cost Reduction $2377
    Negative trade equity: -$2804
    Total Cap Cost: $40,544.69
    Total Cap Cost Reduction: -$427
    Adj. Cap Cost: $40,971.69

57% residual: $24,974.55
    MF: 0.00090

Customer Cash: $3261.15
    Minus Loyalty: $1000
    Driveoff: $2261.15
    Monthly Base (w/o tax): $503.72

Unfortunately (but happily!), a 3rd baby that arrived yesterday necessitates us dumping a small car early that we are halfway through the lease on, which is the reason for the large negative equity.
    Where is "up here". What dealerships are offering these prices? Thanks,
    William :)
  • docjonesdocjones Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me what dealership - or in what city that you can buy this MDX for about $700 out of pocket - 12k per year - and $399 (or $375)

Thank you !
  • aptos213aptos213 Member Posts: 1
    The dealer called me and wants my 2011 MDX Tech package. We only have 16000 miles in 18 months so far so we are plus 6000 miles. We have 15,000 miles /yr and pay 639 w tax a month. They will give us a new 2012 TECH AND ENT package for $590 a month. Any drawbacks? We love the car and would re-lease after its done.
  • online008online008 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    I am offered this deal by a dealer in NJ - MDX Tech 2012 lease 495 (incl tax)/mo + 1350 (acq+dmv+book keeping) + 495 1st payment + 600 down. I'm asking 490/mo without 600 down. Let me know what you think about this. Thx
    edited May 2012
    I just leased an MDX base for $415 plus florida (broward county) sales tax with no money out of pocket except tag fee which in my case was $119. I dealt with Rick Case Acura in Plantation. They were great. They gave me exactly what they quoted on the phone. This was one of the best car shopping experiences that I have ever had. I highly recommend them! :)
  • coolbizcoolbiz Member Posts: 19
    How many miles per year? And was this because you had loyalty with them? Great deal thou
    10K per year. 12K would have been approx 15 more per month. I did have the loyalty though. They also have the competitor 1K as well. :)
  • mummy09mummy09 Member Posts: 4
    Need to know if you think this is a good deal before I sign for it tomorrow. Alot of you know what you are talking about so would love to hear your feed back.
    So this is based here in Southern Cali
    2012 Acura Mdx Tech package
    MSRP: $47,490
    Selling Price: 43,142
    Residual amount: $25,169.70
    Term: 39 months
    Rate: 0.00220
    Payment down: $7,500
    Monthly payment including Tax: $459.00

Whats do you guys think?
    Any feed back I would love to hear!
    Thank you
    i guess u can still negotiate further. MDX Tech selling price u got is invoice price.. cap cost i saw recently is around 41 to 42k range. good luck
    So you are saying around another thousand off the selling price? Back to the drawing board again. Thanks a million for your feed back I really appreciated it
    Yeah? I was told by him that it was $700 under invoice. Tut tut! ; ) So you are saying around another thousand off the selling price? Back to the drawing board again. Thanks a million for your feed back I really appreciated it
    Ok so what you guys think about this deal based in southern Calif
    Selling price 41112.20
    Residual $25169.00
    Down $6500
    Lease term 39 months
    459 a month including tax
    So what ya guys think, any feed back would be appreciated
  • dmd0524dmd0524 Member Posts: 1
    I was offered a deal on a 2012 MDX Tech for $530 a month, $0 down, $0 due at signing. It's for 36 months, 15k miles.

Is this a good deal? I'd love feedback.
    Done with lease y'day. MDX Tech 2012 - 484/mo, 2250 total out of pkt w all weather mats + VIP card (which i dont care much) Residual cost 26100
    awesome deal.
  • erperperperp Member Posts: 2
    Always get great info in these forums and thought I'd contribute this time.

Looked at JX and other comps in the range but were not even close to the MDX deal:
    - 2012 MDX Tech/Ent
    - MSRP 49390
    - Cap Cost 42980
    - Res 26180
    - OTD 1060 (0 down/first mo/TTL/fees)
    - 36mo @12k/yr
    - No conquest or loyalty incentives
    = $570/mo including CA tax
    Doesn't seem better than some great Base deals I see here but we wanted both Tech and Ent packages and this was the best deal after visiting many comp dealerships in the vicinity.

For those cross-shopping between JX:
    - Almost everything Interior incl. spaciousness & design (except stereo sound quality) - moderate win for JX
    - Drivetrain, handling and value - MDX hands down
    Your priority may vary but we did not like the CVT and the motor in the JX at all. Also I doubt the JX fuel economy will be meaningfully better in the real world driving.

And the personal lessons learned in this experience:
    - Do the research but take them as a side reference only (negotiated price CAN go lower than the published dealer cost - not to mention invoice - and the final price in this case was 3k lower than TMV or Truecar market avg)

Hope this helps.
  • erperperperp Member Posts: 2
    That seems like a great deal if $530 includes tax, esp for 15k.
    MDX Tech seems to be the sweet spot...
  • rhamilton72rhamilton72 Member Posts: 8
    Received a lease quote for a MDX with a Tech/Entertainment package for 36 months, 10k miles per year with a money factor of .00096 and residual of 54%. Dealer said each depend on which package you get. Not sure why that would be, but has anyone else heard of those fluctuating (even with good credit)?

I thought the going money factor and residual were .0009 and 57% for 36 months/10k per year??? 54% was closer I thought to the 12k lease.
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    Turning in my 2007 750Li which I LOVE and getting into an MDX.

- MSRP $54,204 (Added Advance Running Boards)
    - 2,000 Out of pocket
    - 36 Months/18,000 miles per year
    - $7,000 Negative Equity for my BMW 750Li
    - $875.00 a month

Quoted price without my negative equity was $699.00

Not sure if this is a good deal. I may try to get an extra 2,000 miles a year and the entertainment package for this price. Or is that asking for too much?
    Leased a MDX with Tech/Ent package today, 36 months, 10k per year:

49,500 - MSRP
    41,490 - Cap Cost
    595 - Acq Fee
    399 - Dealer Proc Fee
    63 - Registration Fees
    3% - VA tax
    .0009 - mf
    54% - residual
    3,000 - down pmt

$450 mo. payment. Tried to get the $595 acq fee waived but said they couldn't. Haven't seen anyone else post that fee on here....so it must be rolled into the Cap???
  • lccalvert_1999lccalvert_1999 Member Posts: 68
    Dealer please? I assume Radley or Pohanka with that price?
    Pohanka
    Thank you!
  • flalflal Member Posts: 3
    I saw ads by 2 dealers in broward for $349 a month, no money down, 2012 MDX, has anyone actually been able to get this deal?
    Congratulations on getting your new MDX, erperp. Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rhamilton72. The addition of the Tech and Entertainment packages cause this vehicle's residual values to drop slightly. The residual that you were quoted is correct for a 36-month, 10k lease of a '12 MDX with Tech and Ent.

You're right about the money factor being .00090. It seems strange that the dealer would try to mark the money factor up by .00006 though. Perhaps there was some sort of miscommunication.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mmoreno1978. Generally speaking, it's not really a good idea to roll negative equity into a lease. Why do you want out of your 7 so badly, just to get a lower monthly payment? Ideally you would wait until you were less upside down on it to get something new.

If you absolutely have to get a new vehicle right now, I'd be happy to evaluate this deal for you. It would be much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide me with this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Knowing this number makes it easier to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Leased an MDX with Tech today, 36 months, 10k per year:

47,500 - MSRP
    40,355 - Cap Cost
    595 - Acq Fee
    399 - Dealer Proc Fee
    63 - Registration Fees
    400 - Roof Rails at cost
    3% - VA tax
    .0009 - mf
    55% - residual
    1,811 - down pmt (positive equity from trade... more on that later)

$510 mo. payment.

What I think made this a really good deal was the trade they gave me ($2K over what Carmax had offered on my 2010 Honda Odyssey) and the fact that they threw in all weather mats, the really nice running boards, and four free oil changes (with synthetic) for free. They offered to do this or waive the acquisition fee. I asked which was more expensive and obviously the running boards and all weather mats were. :-)

Also, when doing financing, most dealers try and sell you on additional warranty items, tire protection packages, dent packages, etc. Because I was a Honda Financial customer, I was offered one of these services for free! So, I picked the dent protection package. It included any dings, scratches or rim damage.

Felt like I got a really good deal and was treated very fairly. Rainy day here in VA, so business was obviously slow. Took them a long time to get me through the process, but that was my only complaint.

Dealer was Pohanka Acura.
    Is it me or is that monthly pmt a bit high with those numbers. I'm coming up with a pmt around $480. And that's if you financed the additional $400 roof rail option. If you paid cash for that, or if that was already part of the $40355 cap it's more like $468. Was there anything else that impacted the deal that you didn't itemize? Or, maybe I just fatfingered something.
    You know... I looked at that last night. I'm going to review the paperwork this evening to see where the variance is.
This discussion has been closed.