Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• grsk78grsk78 Member Posts: 3
    Would like to know if the below is a good deal for a 2013 MDX

MSRP $47,850
    Discount 6,750
    Pro Pack 659
    Purchase 41,759
    Lin & Fees 881
    Tax 501
    Total 43,141
    Residual 54 %
    Pay with $1000 568

Basically monthly payment of 568.

Thanks for your feedback in advance
    edited December 2012
    Dear Car_man,

Would like to know if the below deal is a good one..

MSRP 49,750
    Discount 7,000
    Pro Pack 659
    Purchase 43,409
    Lin & Fees 881
    Tax 521
    Total 44,811
    Residual 53%
    Pay with 600
    $1,000

Thanks in advance for your feedback
    edited December 2012
    Dear car_man,

Please let me know if the below is a good deal for 2013 Acura MDX w/ Tech package

MSRP $47,850
    Discount 6,750
    Pro Pack 659
    Purchase 41,759
    Lin & Fees 881
    Tax 501
    Total 43,141
    Residual 54 %
    Pay with 568
    $1,000

Thanks in advance for your feedback
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome hecara. The $2,500 is available on all 2013 MDX models through January 2nd.

The residual value for the '13 MDX without the Tech package is 2% higher. Tech knocks 2% off.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go hecara. Through January 2nd, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello vbosmiya. Through January 2nd, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are (10,000 miles per month would exceed your allowance ;) ) .00123 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 MDX Tech are .00123 and 55%.

If I was in the market for this truck right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over invoice minus the available $2,500 dealer cash.

Again, Acura's new January programs are scheduled to come out tomorrow.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome siriba.

Car_man
    Host
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    Carman, can you post the January numbers for an Acura Mdx with Tech package? Residual and money factor for 12k and 15 k miles? Also are there any incentives or dealer cash for January? thanks!
  • kimandjaykimandjay Member Posts: 7
    I too am looking for the January residual and money factor for a 12k 36 month lease. Thanks in advance for any updates! :shades:
  • balaskonisbalaskonis Member Posts: 20
    Car Man,

Do you have the January Money factor and resdiual? any dealer cash?

Thanks, a nd GREAT site!!!
    Hello tbenson81. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kimandjay. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is $2,500 dealer cash on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks balaskonis. Please see my previous posts for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • andyb6andyb6 Member Posts: 6
    Carman, can you please post the January numbers for an Acura TL 2FW with Tech package?
    Residual and money factor for 12k miles? Also are there any incentives or dealer cash for January for Acura TL?

Thanks and love this site!
    Car man,

I saw for the Tech for 12K miles...but for the Base? and what if the offer from Acura FS shows for just 10K miles 36 months? does that money factor change? Are these things negotiable with dealerships?

Thanks again
    I'm glad that you like this site so much, andyb6. Please post any questions that you have about leasing an Acura TL over in the Acura TL Lease Questions discussion. The information that you'e looking for may even already be there.

Thanks. See you there.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi balaskonis. I didn't realize that you meant the base model. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Base with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Acura's residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residual values.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Vehicles' residual values are essentially set in stone, but dealers are often allowed to mark up vehicles' buy rate money factors to add additional, hidden back-end profit to deals. That's why it is important to check the money factor that the dealer is using to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • playstationplaystation Member Posts: 15
    I just closed an Acura lease at Thousand Oaks Acura. Internet mgr Sam. Quickest and easiest transaction. I have been watching this forum and thank you for all the great info. I got 2013 mdx base for $37676 including cargo tray. No trade in. 977 drive off. 474/mo plus tax. 15k yr
    I had had competing offers for 200-1300 more.
  • tonysi21tonysi21 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman, Acrua is currently advertising $500 per month no money down no first payment 10k 36 month 2013 base MDX lease, which sounds like a good deal. Am I missing something? Also you mentioned a $2,500 dealer cash back from Acrua. Whould you know if the cash back to the dealer is in addition to the national deal? Thanks in advance.
  • ct44ct44 Member Posts: 8
    For what it's worth, I went through BJ's auto buying to solicit a quote for an MDX w/Tech Pkg. I am in CT but the closest dealer participating in their program was Open Road Acura in Wayne NJ. They were kind enough to get back to me immediately. With no money down, 12k miles/yr for 36 mos, the lease was 555/mo. plus sales tax and DMV. There was no mention of incentives in the email. The BJ's site listed their member pricing as being invoice less $2500, so I assume the 2500 was the dealer/manufacturer incentive. The quote did not specify either the msrp or the selling price/residual of the vehicle. As the information was incomplete, and the payment seemed high, we went with a different vehicle altogether. Again, the 555/mo was before sales or property taxes.
  • allthejoshallthejosh Member Posts: 1
    Question,

What ended up as the month with taxes, total also what dealership?
    Just got an offer for a 2013 MDX base with an OTD price of 38,000, but that does not include the TTL or "inception fees" of an additional $1306. The 1306 includes acquisition, conveyance, etc.

Final price per month with tax was $486 for 10K miles/3 yr lease.

Good or can do better?
  • joenyc111joenyc111 Member Posts: 28
    I googled this but cannot find a definite answer: How does one get to know the invoice price of a car online?
  • jrod13jrod13 Member Posts: 38
    Closed in mid dec...2013 base...482 incl taxes with 1k out of pocket for first month title registration etc. sell price 37.7k plus free all weather mats and two services...I am in nj
    edited January 2013
    Hi jrod13 .. Congrats on the car. Which dealer was this in NJ? I am also in NJ. Just last night, a dealer close to my house wanted $40k for the same car ('13 base)+ $299 doc fee + TTL.
    was this 36 mo. 10K miles/year or more?
    Yes 36 months 10k per year.....park ave acura....ask for nick...let me know I can send him a note saying my bud balaskonis will reach out.
    Joe let me now I can send my guy a note and ask him to give you same deal...park ave acura..ask for nick..this forum helped me a lot so willing to help others.
    Hi tonysi21. Acura is likely using part of the dealer cash to arrive at the advertised payment that you mentioned. Having said this, I have found that savvy consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat manufacturers' advertised lease payments by negotiating a lower selling price than the one that was used in the ad.

If I was in the market for a 2013 MDX right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the $2,500 dealer cash. you can look up this model's invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi joenyc111. That information is available right here at Edmunds.com. Just look up the exact model that you want in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jrod13 .. Thank you, I appreciate that. I am not ready yet. I will be ready to purchase in last week of April.
    This is great. Thank you.

Since this model is changing in the summer, I have a question: Will this (or typically any) car's residual change when there is a significant change in the model? I mean at this time:
    For this exact same car
    Right now the terms are 15,000 miles per year and 51% residual
    When the new model is up for sale, will that be say 15,000 miles per year and 41% residual?
  • carwarscarwars Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at visiting TO Acura for an MDX lease and would like more specifics on the good deal you received. Can you tell me if the 977 drive off you paid includes all tax/title fees and first month payment? Any additional upfront costs?
    Now that it's Feb 1, any change in MF or residuals Car man? I couldn't close on an MDX on Wednesday and can only make it up there Monday, didn't know if the 5 days changed the MF and Residuals due to the new month....still 2500 in dealer cash right?

Thanks!
  • playstationplaystation Member Posts: 15
    It included everything.
    You're very welcome joenyc111.

It is possible that the residual values for the next generation of this vehicle will be better than the current generation's residuals, however most likely they will be fairly similar.

The residual value for the current generation MDX will likely drop a little when the new one hits dealers, but I doubt that it will fall by 10%. If the residual value on the '13 MDX dropped to 41%, which is terrible, Acura would likely just pull the plug on its lease program and go with finance support or dealer cash, or some combination thereof.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi balaskonis. Acura's February lease program is the same as its January lease program was. The dealer cash is the same as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • gq_tritgq_trit Member Posts: 1
    Long Story Short - walked out the door for $505 for 35 months ALL in on 36 month 10K miles per year lease. Zero out of pocket - I mean zero and Dealer made first payment hence the 35. All done through email and hassle free with Acura Ramsey Internet sales.
  • thngpg3388thngpg3388 Member Posts: 4
    I am thinking about 2013 MDX w/ tech.

I recently got quote in NJ for $510 10k/36 mon w/ $3600 upfront inception and tax.

Any info on other lease deals w/ tech package specifically?
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    who did you deal with. They offered me $500/month, same car - 36 payments, not 35. I offered $450 and they said no. I told them I would speak with them Monday.
  • doctom2doctom2 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    Can someone please share the '13 MDX Advance's residual and money factor for a 36 month, 12k/ 15k lease. Thanks in advance.
    I'd be happy to help you out doctom2. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Advance with 15,000 miles per year are .00062 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 dealer cash incentive that Acura is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • techointechoin Member Posts: 3
    Hello Carman,

Can you please let me know what is the MF and Residual for 2013 MDX Base 10K miles for this month

Thanks in advance
  • mpressivempressive Member Posts: 9
    Car_man

Trying to check my numbers on a recent purchase. Can you let me know what the buy rate and residual are for a 2013 MDX Tech/Ent with 10k miles?

Thanks!!
  • hondasonly835hondasonly835 Member Posts: 3
    I received a quote for a 2013 MDX w/Tech at Joe Rizza in suburban Chicago for $41k plus TTT. He quoted me a residual of 53% which is much higher than what you listed here. He hasn't pulled my credit yet (which is in the mid-high 700's). Will the % drop based on my credit worthiness? Just trying to figure out the discrepancy.

thx.
    Here you go techoin. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Base with 10,000 miles per year are .00062 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to help you out, mpressive. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX with Tech, Entertainment and 10,000 miles per year are .00062 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There's $2,500 dealer cash on this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • dave1129dave1129 Member Posts: 11
    I was quoted a purchase price of 39,995 for a 2013 mdx with technology package. sticker is $47K+. What should the lease payment be for that car for 36 months with 12k and 15K of miles?
  • tuktuktuktuk Member Posts: 2
    Which dealer...I am looking for one too.
  • dave1129dave1129 Member Posts: 11
    I've been going back and forth between two dealers in Northern Virginia. My last quote is $535 a month out the door, all fees and taxes included. 12k for the MDX with tech package. Seems like a fair deal to me. anu thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.