Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• kmaggkmagg Member Posts: 3
    Was this a 2 year term?
  • neinameneiname Member Posts: 5
    3 years and 1st month already paid for.
  • kmaggkmagg Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. Using American Express' True Car program which brings the price down to $40,800, which they'll meet. Are you suggesting that I subtract an addt'l $2,500 dealer cash from this number?
  • neinameneiname Member Posts: 5
    I think the $40,800 includes the $2,500. Is this for an MDX Tech? Best price I could get was $39800 + $395 + tax before I decided to lease.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Yes, grissom208, the $2,500 dealer cash is available on all 2013 Acura MDX trim levels.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jfioccajfiocca Member Posts: 7
    What is the current residual on a 2013 MDX Tech (withOUT entertainment). I'm confused between some 50% posts vs 52% posts..

Thanks!
  • carscarcarscar Member Posts: 22
    I have been offered $522 a month on a 36 month lease, 12k miles with $1400 down (includes first month payment). I have been offered 32000 for my 2011 MDX with tech package that has around 31000 miles on it.

Is this a reasonable offer?
    Hi jfiocca. Perhaps the difference that you've seen in the residual values has to do with the leases' mileage allowances. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2013 MDX Tech without entertainment with 15,000 miles per year are .00062 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • dagotdagot Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2013
    Car_man,

I negotiated over the phone at 5:30 Sat and have limited detail. They tell me it's a top tier credit offer. I plan to go in on Monday for details. However, here it is...
    I have 3 payments left on a Mazda CX-9. $493/month.
    For a base package 2013 MDX I give dealer a check for $3000. They write a check to me for $1500. This makes my final 3 payments on CX-9.

36 month at 10K miles... $510/month all in.

Does this sound reasonable? Can I do better with current money factor and residual? They started at $565/mo. and $1600 down.

How much should a tech package add on a monthly lease? He quoted me an additional $70/month. That seems high.

Thank you,
    Dag
  • zheka212zheka212 Member Posts: 68
    Hi Car_man,

can you share the residuals/MFs for the MDX with 10/12k/year and lease terms between 24 and 39 months?

Also, I understand there is $2,500 in lease cash on the truck - are there any other incentives to be aware of?

Thank you in advance.
  • markonline007markonline007 Member Posts: 47
    I always get tripped up with the destination charge. Two questions:

1. When calculating the residual value of the car the instructions say use MSRP * Residual Percentage; is the MSRP considered just the MSRP or the MSRP + the destination charge?
    2. When negotiating the selling price of the car, say the car is $40,000 and the destination fee is $700 and I negotiate a selling price with the dealer of $38,000. Does the destination get added back on or is that negotiated price now the total price with destination?

Thank you for your help.
  • drakejdrakej Member Posts: 8
    We are about 2.5 years through a 3 year/12k lease on an MDX. We are already very close to hitting 36K miles. I know that the lease accounts for overage through a per mile fee, but is there any other/better way to handle this? Can we go back to the dealer now and negotiate or are we stuck? Does Acura have any leeway in overages when at end of lease such that they may forgive a certain number?

Thanks for any suggestions here.
  • ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    I think there are some good deals right now if you want to get into a new MDX and trade your current truck in, but it depends on the condition, mileage, etc and you will have to roll the negative equity into your new lease. If you wait and get into another Acura AFS will likely forgive some of the mileage. I was 15k over once and they knocked almost 75% of the overage charge off but after I leased another MDX.
  • btomasiebtomasie Member Posts: 30
    Are the residuals/MFs for the 2014 MDX (Tech and Adv) with 12K/15K per year for 36 months lease terms been announced yet? I know today is the day they are on the showroom floor.
    Here you go zheka212. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 MDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00062 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00062 and 54%.

You definitely don't want to do a 39-month lease, the money factor would be much higher.

If you were to lease with 10,000 miles per year, these residual values would be 1% higher.

The $2,500 cash incentive that you mentioned is the only cash that I am aware of on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi markonline007. When calculating the dollar residual values of vehicles, you use the MSRP plus the destination charge.

I always consider the destination charge to be part of the vehicle's total price. Treat it that way in your negotiations with the dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Good timing btomasie. Yes, they were just recently announced. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 MDX AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for AWD Advance is the same, but the residual value would be 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • jaybowazjaybowaz Member Posts: 2
    Novice on leasing ... and I have feeling I got killed on a lease deal end of Apr (unfortunately felt pressure to deal before a certain date for variety of reason and so rushed w/ dealer … not ideal but in deal now of course)

2013 Acura MDX Tech Package
    Window tinting for pass & driver side included by dealer
    Gross cap cost $47,113
    Net cap cost $44,276

Amnt pd at signing: $4,700
    (equals amount for trade in of 2006 Kia Sorento w/ 118k miles )
    Capitalized cost reduction (cr for net trade-in allowance) $2,836
    1st Month Payment $620
    Title fees $794
    Docs $450

36 month lease
    10k miles per year
    (added miles 0.20 per mile)
    Residual value $25,360 (that 54% then?)
    Money factor .0062
    Payment (incl tax) $620

Please let me know where I screwed up on this deal – looking to avoid mistakes for future deals

Thanks!
  • xjason8xjason8 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Car Man,

Can you provide the Money Factor and Residual on a

2014 MDX AWD with Tech Package - 12K miles/yr 36 month

Thanks,
    Jason
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    2014 MDX has incredible residuals, as an all new model.

2014 MDX AWD Tech
    MF = .00160
    12k Residual = 65%
    Sure Jason. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 MDX AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 65% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    At 2.5 years in, you should be at the perfect time to get out of the car.

You can always ride it until the end, however it's always just a matter of your car's trade/purchase value vs. the payoff if before then. Good to look into trading it if you are close to going over miles, now. At the end, and the beauty of Acura leasing, there are $0 turn in/disposition fees, you have $1500 wear & tear, and do have a mileage overage charge of $0.20...but they will waive up to 7500 miles of this if you go to another Acura lease, and more likely, just trade the car and don't worry about a mileage charge.

As long as it's worth close to payoff, time to look for new now.
  • xjason8xjason8 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks car man,

Are the #s different for a 39 month lease?

Jason
  • allawallaw Member Posts: 15
    I just got an internet offer for a 2014 AWD base for $1150 off MSRP with the following lease option:

M.F.=0.00160 (Tier One credit)

R.V. 66% for 12k 36 mth
    R.V. 64% for 15k 36 mth

the current cap cost i was offered is $44,319 including des./wheel locks/splash guard.

What do you guys think.
  • rgb2rgb2 Member Posts: 31
    Looks like you did if you compare you numbers to post #2632
  • jason135jason135 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I need some input about my lease offer
    currently leaseing RDX 2011 SH AWD
    Interested in MDX 2014 SH AWD.
    RDX PAYOFF $21473 Miles left 4000
    MDX 39month @ .00160 with $0 down 525/month. With $2500 down lease 450/month
    They offer me equity on RDX $2526
    Miles 10,000/year but I can rollover 4000 to next lease
    Is this a good deal, I am in Grand Rpaids MI
  • jason135jason135 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone?
    Your deal as I understand it:
    2014 MDX
    39 months - 10K miles per year
    .0016 MF
    $2526 of equity from trade in

Is this for a base MDX? Not sure what the going rate for the new MDXs is, are dealers coming down from MSRP? Hard to fully evaluate without all the numbers.
  • zmm12345zmm12345 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to leasing and don't really understand all of the numbers used to calculate a price.

Can someone give a ballpark idea of what I should expect to pay for:

Acura MDX 2014 SH-AWD with the advance and entertainment package?
    I have excellent credit and need 12-15K miles a year.
    I am looking for either a 24 or 36 month lease.

Thanks a lot!
  • pd65pd65 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

I drive a VW Touareg 2011 Lux and pay $625 PM for lease. I have 4 payments left on lease. I have 30900 miles on VW and would like to trade in and lease 2014 MDX with Tech. package. Residual on VW is $24,450 and is in excellent condition.

KBB trade in value is $26,500 - $31,300. Can you tell me the what numbers I should be looking at to lease MDX after trade in and how I should be negotiating this deal. I want the Acura dealer to take care of the 4 payments as well as get some down payment into the new deal.

Thanks in advance
  • bidder5000bidder5000 Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

given the numbers you posted would a 2014 MDX Tech package then come out to around $626 a month in California (with sales tax) on a 12,000 miles a year lease 36 months?

Thanks, trying to figure this all out!
  • noosensenoosense Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

Need your help as this is my first time leasing a car. This is actually a surprise for my wife with our first child on the way. Below are the details. I am located in NYC.

2014 AWD with Tech Pkg
    $540/month for 39 months
    10k miles per year
    Down payment: $3,656 (first month payment, security deposit, acquisition fee, taxes)

Please let me know what you think. Based on what I am seeing, I feel like I am getting ripped off. Thanks!
    You're very welcome Jason. 36-months is the longest the special lease program is available for. the 39-month program is much worse.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi allaw. The residual values that you were quoted are spot on. I think that Acura Finance's buy rate lease money factor for top tier customers is slightly lower, at .00150.

The biggest area that you may be able to improve on though is this vehicle's selling price. At a $1,150 dealer discount, you're still at $2,124 over invoice. That's a lot...even for a 2014 model. I personally would shoot for more like $1,000 over or wait a month or two because in an area that has a decent level of competition $500 to $1,000 over minus incentives will eventually be attainable on an MDX.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zmm12345. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2014 Acura MDX AWD that has an MSRP of $45,185 and a selling price of $42,911 through Acura Financial Services right now for 24-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $473 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

You definitely don't want to go with a 24-month lease. It would be a lot more expensive.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pd65. you may be able to get a dealer to use the equity that you have in your Touareg to cover the four remaining payments that you have on your current lease, but I personally don't think that there will be a lot leftover to apply towards your new deal.

The payment for the new MDX that you are interested in will depend upon what trim level MDX you want, how long you want to lease it for, what mileage allowance you need, etc...

Car_man
    Host
    Hey noosense Congratulations! I haven't played with the payments extensively on the 2014 MDX, but the payment does indeed look high. What is this vehicle's selling price? I know that this is a new, completely redesigned vehicle but if I was in the market for one I still would only want to pay around $1,000 or so over invoice in an area that has a decent level of competition. I suspect that would be possible now if one were to shop around, but if it isn't it certainly will be in the near future.

Let me know what the selling price is and either you or I can compare it to this vehicle's dealer invoice price. That will be simple to do given the way that Acura handles options. Here's a link to the pricing page: 2014 Acura MDX Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
  • apocalypsoapocalypso Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2013
    Car Man - are you really quoting a 36 mo. lease here? You later say in this post they shouldn't do a 24 mo. is why I ask. Typo?

"Hi zmm12345. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2014 Acura MDX AWD that has an MSRP of $45,185 and a selling price of $42,911 through Acura Financial Services right now for 24-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $473 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

You definitely don't want to go with a 24-month lease. It would be a lot more expensive. "
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Car_man!

I finalized the deal yesterday. There was enough equity to cover the payoff on Touareg and to pay $2,180 towards cap cost reduction on 2014 MDX AWD tech package. Monthly payments at $519.00 PM/ 36 months. Paid $2,525 out of pocket towards NY sales tax + first month payment + registration. No security deposit.

Do you think I got a fair deal?
    Car_man, thanks so much for your help. In addition to the details above, below is the additional info you were asking for.

Cap cost: 47,759
    RV: 64%
    MF: .00170

Let me know exactly what numbers I should aim for. I assume I will only do the 36 month lease and not a 39 month.
  • fnkyfnky Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,
    Need some input on leasing a base AWD MDX.
    The offer made to me is following:

Selling Price: 43,000 ($2,185 off MSRP)
    Residual: 65% @ $29,370
    Term: 39 months
    Money factor: 0.0016
    Upfront fees: $595 bank fee + 1st month payment + taxes = $2616
    Monthly payment = $489

Based on lease calculators available on the web, the monthly payment should be $468. But, understand the dealer is adding some extra cost for his own business. But is the number that he is quoting too high?

Thanks a lot!
  • btomasiebtomasie Member Posts: 30
    Do we have updated July residuals/MFs for the 2014 MDX (Tech and Adv) with 12K and 15K per year for 36 months?

I am interested in knowing the difference in the 12K vs. 15K miles.

Also, I am very interested to know what the NON-super-duper-top-tier MF rate is, just for reference. I see within the last 2-3 pages of posts several different MF rates being referenced. So just curious to know what one notch down is.

Thanks!
    Hey Carman,

Can you give the residual values and MFs (and expiration dates) for the following:

2014 SH-AWD Tech, 10K miles per year
    2014 SH-AWD Tech + Ent, 10K miles per year

I live in NYC and do you think it's reasonable to get the new MDX at $1000-$1500 over invoice?

Thanks!!!
  • kywonkywon Member Posts: 28
    Car_man- My lease is up and I need a car! You've been my goto for the last 10 years for my leases.

I want a 2014 MDX Tech, 15k/mi/yr, 36 months but I'm debating on the AWD and FWD. Would you please give me the July MF and Residuals. I'm Los Angeles. Thanks!

kywon
  • markonline007markonline007 Member Posts: 47
    I don't understand the upfront costs...why does it say bank fee + 1st month payment + TAXES? I thought taxes were paid in the monthly payment? At least I have never paid them upfront, is there an advantage to doing so? (honest question, no sarcasm implied)
  • dbmdx14dbmdx14 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all. Need some advice. Was at dealership in South East FL today. Wanted to lease 2014 MDX with tech, got them to $46k, sign and drive payment of $699. I have a 2009 MDX base with 60k miles on it, they were going to give me $20k, I owe $8500, equity back to me via check. I thought $699 was quite high? I walked out. Any advice, thoughts? Any help much appreciated.
    You have the option of paying the taxes either up front or in the monthly payment. I only pay the first month payment at signing and roll everything else into the lease. If the car gets totaled or stolen you lose the money you put up front.
    Hey PD65,

I am in ny also. What dealership did u go to? Your total down was 2,525? If that is the case it is a better deal than mine and I will have to go to your dealership. Let me know. Thanks
    Which part of NY are you in? I went to Rallye Acura in Roslyn. I did go to couple of other dealers but, numbers were all over.

Good Luck!
    Hi Noosense,

BTW, Just to let you know I traded in a Touareg that payed for down payment of $2,180 + remote starter. I paid $2,545 towards tax + 1st payment + tags.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.