Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• noosensenoosense Member Posts: 5
    Hi PD65,

Thanks! I am in long island (Nassau) and I went to Huntington. I also check out manhattan but there price was higher. My cost for AWD with tech was 540 for 39 months with the standard down...tax, 1st month payment and DMV etc. it seems like our numbers are relatively close to each other
  • willshakeswillshakes Member Posts: 9
    Have a Texas dealer offering tech 2014 mdx 12k lease for 36 months for $519/month with first month payment upfront. I'm trading in 2012 mdx that they are trading for 30k, have 25.5k loan on that one.

Looking at the previous posts, am just wondering is it a fair deal or what no. should I push for. I doubt the dealer is to go lower as I walked away from a 565/month offer last week and they've come back with this offer.

Suggestions greatly appreciated!
    Hi car_man,
    Have a dealer offering $650 on the mdx with first month payment upfront inclusive all taxes, tags. Did calculate using the residual and money factor, it seems that the best offer with 1000 off msrp would be $640. Am i calculating something wrong or is this offer reasonable?

Thanks
  • sridharssridhars Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2013
    okay, I am not an expert but based on what I got from here - MF: .0015 and RV: 65%, for a monthly payment of 519 your selling price for TECH (assuming AWD) would be around 46500, which is not bad for an MSRP of 49460. So 519 is good. I am also assuming you didn't include tax/title/reg/fees in your numbers.
    If it is FWD and tax/title/reg/fees are included - still a very good deal.

If your down is 4500 (trade in of old MDX) then in my opinion not the best deal.
    Let us know.
    I am going to talk to my dealer(NJ) tomorrow, will let you know what offer I get. I am comparing RX and MDX - will go with the best one
    Hi Car_Man,

I am getting 508 /mnth pretax, if I use MF - .0015, RV - 63% for the MSRP(45K) , Selling Price(43k), 36 mnth, 15K in your posting. What am I doing wrong? Please let me know. Going to the Acura dealer tomorrow and would like to go with correct numbers. Thanks a lot.
  • dbmdx14dbmdx14 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man

New to leasing. What is a fair payment for 36 month/15k miles, 2014 mdx. No money down, taxes/tags/title if price is $46k? I live in FL.
    Thanks for your reply

I agree with you, I wasnt happy with the trade in price for my mdx. I dropped that one (btw $519 was inclusive taxes, tags etc.)

I have decided to go for the '14 mdx with tech fwd lease with just the first month payment upfront - after much negotiation I've got one dealer down to $630 with first month advance payment inclusive all for 36 month, 12k miles. I am impressed with this one as the original offer was $749 with nothing down.

Looks like using the mf and residual it comes to around $600-619 if I used the negotiated price of around $46500.

I've got 24 hours to final this one so will probably go for it. The only thing is I haven't test driven the new mdx :) the 2012 model Bluetooth sucks so Im hoping the new one is better.
    Okay, Good Luck. In my calculation, even if I take full MSRP of FWD+Tech as Selling Price, the monthly comes to 556+TTL. I may be wrong.

I will be shooting for Invoice price as my selling price when I talk to the dealer today and I know some dealerships are already somewhere in the middle of Inv and MSRP.
    Finalized the lease at $ 630 /m with first month down inclusive all, east coast may have slightly better deals due to larger selling volumes. I know if I had waited for few months I could have got one in $500s but I'm good with this. Good luck to you all!
  • apocalypsoapocalypso Member Posts: 12
    FYI, just received an MDX/Tech. lease quote:

36 months 15K

63% residual
    .0061 money factor
    Just to update, finalized my first ever lease
    12k miles x 36 months

Cap cost $45400
    Mf and residual as mentioned before
    $630 pm with first month advance

Approx $535 per month excluding taxes, tags and first month payment
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Good catch apocalypso. That was a 36-month lease that I worked up. Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi btomasie. Acura Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 MDX AWD Advance with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 61% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

I haven't seen the money factors for lower credit tiers, but I can check.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly ballhogg. Acura Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 MDX AWD Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The addition of the Entertainment package has no impact upon the money factor, but it lowers the residual value by 1%.

If I was in your area I definitely would shoot for $1,000 over and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kywon. 10 years. All I can say is Wow. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Acura Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 MDX AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2WD model are interestingly exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sridhars. Using the numbers that you posted, I get a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of $514.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome dbmdx14. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

This vehicle's payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate. A price of $46,000 on a 2014 MDX Tech AWD (MSRP $49,460) would be very attractive right now. It would result in a 36-month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $528.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi apocalypso. Did you say that money factor is for a 2014 MDX? That looks like the factor for the 2013 model. I wonder if Acura has enhanced its lease program on the '14. I've been out of the loop for a couple of days.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks so much. Do you know how much tax/tag/fees would add? Really appreciate your help.
    Hi dbmdx14. Acura charges a $595 acquisition fee on leases. The taxes, tags, etc... will vary from area to area.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks so much. I was quoted $699/month all in. I thought that was quite high. Your thoughts? Really appreciate your help.
  • mu8318mu8318 Member Posts: 20
    Hi, I am very very new to lease program. I am looking for 2014 mdx tech and entertainment package. I was offered in nj for selling price of msrp minus 3100 discount using costco program. Could you please let me know what would be the best figure per month for 15k miles per year on a 36 month lease??
    Yes, definitely for the 2014.
  • acurabmwacurabmw Member Posts: 11
    I'm not new to leasing but this will be the first time getting dealer installed accessories. Do these get taken into consideration when calculating the residual? What I'm trying to figure out is if I'll be just paying for the depreciation and interest on the accessories or will I be paying 100% of the negotiated costs. If the later, it seems to make sense to buy the accessories as a separate transaction, DIY install, remove them at lease turn in, and sell them.

BTW - Getting AWD Tech and adding roof rails, sport step running boards, and rear parking sensors.
    It comes to around 565 pretax and excl. dealer & state fees - based on the MSRP/selling price you gave.
  • rhanrhan Member Posts: 1
    I am pretty new to lease and would like to know if my offer is good.

I got an offer of 2013 base model for $3000 down including associated fees and $452 (pretax) / month for 36 months lease with $23900 residual. Is this good offer?

Also, if I get the lease, should I get the wear and tear coverage? Someone I know was telling me it is a must. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
    Hey man, I got msrp minus 2800 discount overall under the costco program for 2014 mdx tech and ent model. Do you think I still have room for negotiation??

Appreciate your help!
    Assuming that's on the AWD model, you are at about $1,000 over invoice which is good deal. Even better deal if you are getting the 2WD. Best I could find so far in the Los Angeles area is $1,200 over invoice. What part of the country are you at?
    Hi, yes it's for AWD. I am in NJ. Total figure I got including destination charge is 48,675. You think it's a good deal??
  • redondo2redondo2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, Which dealer in LA area is doing $1200 over invoice? Please give a contact, really appreciate it. Thanks.
    I am in NJ also. Got it for roughly invoice (45850) for AWD+Tech. Just got my car last night. Leased it though - 36 month/15K/ for 571/month (incl. tax) + 1370 dealer fees/registration/luxury NJ tax.
    So if you are buying, you should try to get invoice price. Not every dealer is at that price point yet.
    I just bought my AWD Tech tonight at $1,200 over invoice. Not that great seeing some folks in NJ are getting invoice price, but it was the best I could get if I didn't want to wait or drive down to San Diego which had $1,000 over invoice. Is there is a way to send personal message on this forum? I don't want to get my sales person in trouble. Some one posted $500 over invoice Costco program in San Diego and named the dealer. They sold out immediately and got so many inquiries they had to pull the plug on the program.
    I have excellent credit and was expecting to get the super tier rate MF of .0015 that has been posted on this forum but I got .0016 MF as the sales person and finance guy said that only customers who had previous lease or loan through Acura can get .0015. Can anyone verify if this is true?
  • vbosmiyavbosmiya Member Posts: 6
    Which dealer did you go to ? I am also in NJ looking for 2014 FWD Tech.
  • joeysox216joeysox216 Member Posts: 2
    Looking on Long Island for 3 year lease, 12K miles per year, Tech/Entertainment, no money down, tax and destination charge in the monthly payment, what can I expect to pay? Thank you.
    Hey Man, can you share the dealer name. I am looking for the same deal. Thanks in advance.
    Also did you have to pay destination fee also extra apart from invoice price. Sorry if its a silly question. I am new to the lease program !!
    edited August 2013
    Dealers in LA doing $1,200 over invoice.
    Josh at Acura 101 West
    Daniel at Center Acura
    Yes it includes dest., final selling price was 45850 (for the lease).
    I used true car to get a quote. Got invoice price quote from Brooklyn acura and very close to invoice from Sussman acura (PA). Couple of other dealers close to me said " No way" but one reluctantly matched. Both Brooklyn and Sussman were very good on the phone and not pushy.

We went back and forth between RX and MDX.
  • vbosmiyavbosmiya Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone have MF and Residual numbers for this month ? I am looking to lease 2014 FWD Tech and trying to get an idea what others are paying for this model.
  • ncnyawkerncnyawker Member Posts: 23
    CarMan,

I am looking for August MDX FWD Tech residuals an m.f. For August. Thanks!
  • ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    The current rates are good through 9/4, at least that's what my dealer told me.
  • cable23cable23 Member Posts: 48
    sridhars: mind confirming where you got your lease from in nj?

also, been trying to find it in the posts, but can you confirm the invoice cost for a 2014 AWD with Tech?

thanks for your help!
    Oops I meant the money factor was .0016 not .0061 !
    Hi,
    Did you buy the car yet? I am in NJ also. If you did already, please share the price and dealer name??

Thanks
  • lmt19067lmt19067 Member Posts: 5
    Carman, do you think of Acura's $459 lease offer on the base 2014 MDX is a good deal?
    Not yet mu8318. Planning to do so in the next few weeks.
    I'll definitely keep you posted. This will be my third MDX lease so I have something to go by.
    All:

Just curious what is the best way to find out the invoice price for an 2014 awd with tech.

Been trying to look around and couldn't get a consistent $.

Thanks
  • masterjinmasterjin Member Posts: 5
    AWD Tech MSRP $48,565

Plus Destination Fee $895

Total $49,460
This discussion has been closed.