Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RL Lease Questions

12346»

Comments

• 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    HI Car-man, any dealer cash at this time on the RL? Will also need the money factor and Residual value%. Maybe be better to lease an RL (have an old one now) than the TL which I found unacceptable. Also, few 09' base TL left. Have AFC top tier credit, etc thru 11/7/09.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey 10sfan. Yes, Acura is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on the 2010 RL. This cash is compatible with this car's lease program.

If you were to lease a base 2010 Acura RL through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00200 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Thanks you car man. No 2010 RL base models found in the Chicago/Milwaukee dealerships. Furthermore, none of the dealers were willing to utilize the $2,000 dealer cash (they use it at their discretion)on a lease quote, even if they could locate a base RL.
    You're very welcome, 10sfan.

Car_man
    Host
  • whitedoorwhitedoor Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

What are the money factor and residuals for the 2010 RL base 10K miles / year for 36 months ?
    Hi whitedoor. Sorry for the delay in my response. I took some time off for the holodays. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Through January 4th, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RL with 10,000 miles per year are .00162 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is scheduled to introduce a new lease program some time tomorrow, which could very well be significantly different from its current one. Please feel free to check back with me then for an update.

Car_man
    Host
  • whitedoorwhitedoor Member Posts: 2
    Thanks car_man. Have not pulled trigger on anything yet .. can you post the new numbers when you have a chance ?
    You're very welcome whitedoor. As promised, here's the new info.

Through February 1st, Honda Finance's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RL with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 cash incentive that Acura is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • speedynkspeedynk Member Posts: 5
    Hello -
    What are the rates for a 2010 RL with tech ( socal)?
    Also,what are the parameters of the " super preferred"credit tier - we are at 710?
    Thanks for your help
    Hi speedynk. If you score is still 710 on the nose, you're in luck. The last time I checked, that was the floor for the "Super Preferred" credit tier.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • happycamphappycamp Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know what the lease rates are for either the Acura RL Base or Tech. Since it is coming up on the end of March, I guess I would probably like to get the April info.

Also is there any incentives that can be combined with the lease at this time?

Thanks for any help!
    Hi happycamp. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura RL with 15,000 miles per year are .00113 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for a '10 RL Tech are .00113 and 45%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • happycamphappycamp Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for that info Car Man. And all I can say is OUCH! on that residual :)
  • stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56
    Mr. Car_man,

Does the MF & residual stay the same, .00113 & 45% w/10K miles/yr? In the Acura website "offer section details" it says $2640 cap cost reduction, how does this apply? Is Acura(HFC) kicking this in? Should this appear on a lease contract?

Thanks for a great service!
    You're very welcome, happycamp.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks stage4survivor. The $2,460 that Acura's advertised payment for the RL mentions is paid by the lessee. Acura is providing $2,500 dealer cash on the '10 RL, but the consumer cap cost reduction is needed on top of that to arrive at the advertised payment.

Acura's money factors are the same for all mileage allowances, but its residual values vary. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 2% higher than 15k and 1% higher than 12k resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • stage4survivorstage4survivor Member Posts: 56
    Anyone know the MF & Residual w/10k or 12k miles? The new promo price of $579/mo seems to offer alot of wiggle room since some dealers are offering over $8K off MSRP.

Love the TL AWD!
    Hey stage4survivor. Here's the info that you're looking for.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura RL with 12,000 miles per year are .00077 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and opt to go with a nothing due at signing lease.

The residual value for a lease of this car with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • gb350gb350 Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2010
    Car_man,

Would you be so kind to provide the current MF & residual for a 2011 RL with Tech. 3 years at 15K per year. State would be New York.

Thanks,
    Hi gb350. Is the 2011 RL at dealers yet? The last time I checked, Acura hadn't published a lease program for it. Here's the numbers for the 2010 model, in case you're interested.

Honda Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 RL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00100 and 44%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier and go with a nothing due at signing lease.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the whopping $4,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyboynyboy Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    how long does the $4K dealer cash incentive last for the 2010 RL?

Also, is there a public website where this information can be seen?

thanks,
    nyboy
    Hi nyboy. The $4,000 dealer cash that Acura is providing on the 2010 RL is scheduled to run though November 1st. As a general rule, manufacturers do not advertise dealer cash incentives, but you can look up the programs that are available on various vehicles in the Incentives Section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyboynyboy Member Posts: 4
    thank you sir, much appreciated.
    You're very welcome, nyboy.

Car_man
    Host
  • naivecarbuyernaivecarbuyer Member Posts: 1
    they are advertising a special lease program.
    0 down, 0 first payment, 35 mo @ $620 mo, 10k miles.
    i have to pay taxes and some documentation fees at signing.
    they increased to 12k mi/year for free.

is that a good deal?

second, i am currently leasing a honda. they said i could buy the car right now for the agreed price (even though there is 4 mo remaining on the lease from honda finance) and they would trade in value me $2500 on my 2008 honda pilot in good condition with 36kmi. i can have a check or use it to apply to my taxes that i have to pay on the new lease

is that a good deal? anything i have to worry about?
    Hi naivecarbuyer. Manufacturers' advertised lease payments are usually reasonable deals, however they also usually can be beaten by savvy consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition. It makes sense if one thinks about it. Dealers would be pretty irritated with their manufacturers if they advertised the thinnest possible deal on a vehicle. Shop around for the lowest possible selling price on the RL that you want and then have the dealer use Acura's buy rate lease money factor to calculate your payment.

That's great if the dealer is willing to give you money for your current vehicle. It's usually fairly expensive for consumers to get out of leases early.

Car_man
    Host
  • hondaphilehondaphile Member Posts: 2
    Have the RL headlights been modified to address the many question about inadequacy
    that began with the 2005 model year? Hundreds of complaints, but never a mention of a recall.

- George
    Hi George. You will probably have better luck getting feedback on the RL headlights by posting this question over in the Acura RL discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • maggsdadmaggsdad Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man. What is the current MF & residual value for a 2011 RL with Tech. 3 years at 10K per year. Any incentives??
    Hi maggsdad. Acura's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 RL with Tech and 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Other than owner loyalty cash, I don't believe that Acura is currently providing any cash incentives on the RL.

Car_man
    Host
  • gregoryxgregoryx Member Posts: 44
    Are there are any available incentives for the rl?
    Hi gregoryx. Unfortunately, Acura is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2012 or 2011 RL. I don't think that it is producing very many of them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • pens11pens11 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking for the buy rates on the money factors and the residuals for a 2012 RL tech and a 2012 RL advance. Does anyone have this information?

Thanks in advance!
    Here you go pens11. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 RL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an RL Advance are .00190 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
  • autoaddictautoaddict Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

This forum had helped me time and time again. It's time to shop again.

I see you don't have a thread on the new RLX. I was wondering if you have the lease numbers on the new Acura RLX. Money factor and all. Thanks!
  • autoaddictautoaddict Member Posts: 2
    Sorry 36 month lease 12k in Chicago
    edited May 2013
    Welcome back autoaddict. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2014 RLX with 12,000 mies per year are .00097 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • joegolfsjoegolfs Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2013
    Car Man

was hoping to get 36 mth, 18k per year MF and residual for Acura RLX with Navigation in Massachusetts.

Thanks.
    You're in luck joegolfs, Acura just improved its lease program on this model. Its' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 RLX with Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Acura publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is usually less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty, but the exact policy on this matter varies from bank to bank.

Car_man
    Host
  • krista_bkrista_b Member Posts: 1
    This is the current offering on Acura.com. Is this too good to be true?

2014 RLX 6 Speed Automatic with Navigation
    MSRP $51,845.00 (includes destination, excludes tax/license/title/registration, documentation)
    Down payment: $2999
    Actual net capitalized cost $43,865.78. Net capitalized cost includes $595 acquisition fee.
    Residual $29,551.65.
    10,000 miles/year

$449/month for 36 months

If I calculate this correctly, the cap reduction they are providing is $5500 and the money factor is about .0007. This seems too good to be true. What do you think?
    edited June 2013
    Thank you very much.

Quick question, is MF and residual the same for Technology package?

Dealer tells me .00097 and 52% apply to Technology Package versus .0007 and 54% for Navigation.

Doesn't make sense to me, but dealer seems to be shooting straight on all other issues.

Thanks again for you assistance.
    Hi krista_b. Acura is providing a new $2,500 cash incentive on the RLX to current owners of Acuras and a number of competitive brands. This is likely being included in the advertised lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey joegolfs. The money factor for the Navigation and the other trim levels used to be different, but I heard that Acura recently made them all .00070.

Just a heads up that there is a new $2,500 cash incentive on this car for loyal customers and the current owners of select competitive brands. Hopefully you qualify.

Car_man
    Host
    Do you know if the residual is the same for Technology and Navigation?
    36 mth - 18k per year
    Sure joegolfs. Acura Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 RLX with Technology, Navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Acura publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    edited October 2013
    Carman, please help. I am in the subject to lease a RLX Tex package. I dont really care if its 36m or 39m, which ever will give me the lowest m/payment.

Please tell me lease info good for October.

MF
    residual for 36m and 39m
    is there are any incentives from the manufacturer or the dealer

and

MSRP $56,300
    Sale price $54,000
    1st mos. payment out of the pocket.
    what my monthly payment will be with 39mos and 36mos.
    Trade in amount $27000, i owe $29,000 in Texas we have 8% sales tax.

Thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    The 2014 RLX has a special money factor of .00070 that carries over from September... .but, I don't have any residual information..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.