Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    Why would you lease a car that you consider ugly?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • bigdoguesbigdogues Member Posts: 4
    As I stated, my lease is about up so I am hoping I can move into a 2012 in the fall. If they hadn't made me the offer to transfer I would never have leased a G4. I just want to be sure I am not setting myself up for trouble.
  • cesar_miamicesar_miami Member Posts: 12
    Hi Mr. Car_Man

I would appreciate if you can post the November Money Factor and Residual for a
    Base 2010 and 2011 TL with Technology Package, 36 months and 12,000 miles per year in South Florida.

Could you please also confirm if Acura is still providing the $3K marketing incentive/cash to dealer on the 2010 TL?

Thanks very much,
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    Is the new body coming out in 2012? That seems pretty early. Isn't the 2011 only the 3rd year for this body (I could be wrong).
    Either way I wouldn't really trust the dealers. Getting out of your lease early, even if you are getting a new Acura, will probably be costly. If you do go over your miles you will need to pay for half of the overage (assuming you get a new Acura).
  • sacdriversacdriver Member Posts: 33
    Car_Man,

Can you give me the November money factor and residual on a 2010 Base TL for northern California? Any dealer incentives? Is holdback on TL's still 3% ? Thanks !
  • ihdihdihdihd Member Posts: 9
    Confirmed with the dealer this morning that all 2010 TLs still carry $3K in Man-Dealer cash incentive and 0.9% APR for up to 60 months of financing.
  • romo_007romo_007 Member Posts: 17
    I am getting the following numbers from a local dealer and i am just wondering if I its a good deal or should I be negotiating more?

Car- 2010 Acura TL SH- AWD with Tech and 18inch wheels

Lease for 36month/ 12k miles per year
    Drive off including tax and registration $1300 approx
    Monthly- $540/ month including taxes (9.75% for CA)

The regular TL with tech and 18inch wheels is about $1060 approx drive off and $468/ month including taxes

Suggestions?
  • smitonsmiton Member Posts: 30
    Car Man -

I would appreciate if you can post the November Money Factor and Residual for a
    TL-SH/AWD 2010 and 2011 with Technology Package, 36 months and 12,000 miles per year in Maryland.
  • newdrivercominnewdrivercomin Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2010
    Hello Car Man & all!!

I just recently received an offer for a 2010 TL base model for 428/month with 180 down (motor vehicle chgs), dealer pays first month. 39 month lease (38 payments to me). 12k miles/yr

Is this a good deal? The dealer is located in Long Island, NY. Please give me some good advice. Should I bargain for lower? Should I ask for the tech package be included for 428? Is that reasonable? Thank you for your advice!!!

Also, the dealer is taking my 2008 TL Lease back 2 months early and paying for 6k miles over mileage.
  • newdrivercominnewdrivercomin Member Posts: 18
    Is there anyone out there? I'd really appreciate some advice.
  • fsudreyerfsudreyer Member Posts: 28
    I just leased a 2010 Acura TL Base from Acura of Pembroke Pines. The "ad" stated the lease would be $349/month 36 months and $975.00 drive off with 10K miles/year. I got the car for $356/month 36 months and $975.00 drive off but with 12K miles/year. Great car/great dealer. I would highly recommend them! :)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, chrislrose. I'm really not all that familiar with truecar's stuff so I can't say how good it is, but I can tell you that consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition should be able to lease an Acura TL at $500 over invoice minus any available incentives all day long. The TL is a high volume product.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, cesar_miami. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Acura TL Tech with 12,000 miles per year in Florida are .00144 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00144 and 53%.

Acura is currently providing a $3,000 dealer cash incentive that is compatible with the lease program on the '10 model, but no cash on the '11 model (other than a volume-based stairstep program).

Car_man
    Host
    Hello sacdriver. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TL with 15,000 miles per year in California are .00107 and 54%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, smiton. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL AH-AWD Tech in Maryland with 12,000 miles per year are .00172 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2010 model are .00172 and 51%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 dealer cash that is currently available on leases of the '10 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi newdrivercomin. What is this car's selling price? That is a very important figure to find out when leasing. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion of this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpmannixjpmannix Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I was wondering if I can get the November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TL with 12,000 miles per year in Florida

Thanks

Josh
  • engr8305engr8305 Member Posts: 1
    I want to thank everyone along with Car_man for their assistance and guidance during our lease experience. We just signed today on a 2010 TL Base, 36mo., 10K/yr with 13K miles rolled over from our previous lease with a dealer here in Chapel Hill, NC. We took advantage of the $2500 dealer cash and ended up with $367/mo with $843 drive off (Title, tax, 1st mo., etc.). They also threw in a set of all season floor mats. We are extremely pleased, especially since another local dealer wouldn't budge off his $425/mo offer, claiming there's nothing left on the table!

My wife says thank you as well!
  • acura11acura11 Member Posts: 2
    I think Taking car under lease will have little risks during the time of accidents etc. Owning the car will have benifits like insurance etc!
    Here you go, Josh. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL with 12,000 miles per year in Florida are .00144 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, engr8305. Congratulations on getting your new ride. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • lefty20lefty20 Member Posts: 1
    How do I find the Dealer Invoice amount on an automobile?
    Dealer invoice prices can be found at:
    www.edmunds.com
    www.truecar.com
    www.cars.com
  • geoguy99geoguy99 Member Posts: 10
    Carman:
    Would you please provide the residual & money factor for a 2011 TL SH-AWD 6-Speed Manual with Technology Package and High Performance Tires?
    Thanks.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Couldn't have said it better myself. One of the big clues now I get right off the bat whether or not I might be doing a deal is when one of the first things the salesman says to me is, "So, what kind of monthly payments are you looking for?" :shades:
    Hi geoguy99. Acura is actually running three different lease programs on the TL right now. Which one you are eligible for depends upon what state you are in. Let me know and I'll gladly give you an idea of what this car's program is in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • geoguy99geoguy99 Member Posts: 10
    Carman, lease will be in Ohio. Thanks.
  • gaw420gaw420 Member Posts: 2
    car man im gonna lease a 2010 acura tl from delray acura in delray florida they have an advertised 349 plus tax and other fees i called up to see if it was a good deal i got a deal of 409 dollars a month for 36 months nothing out of pocket at dealer just sign and drive off is that a good deal also residual is 20500 at end of lease
    Find out how much the dealer is selling you the car for. Yes, you are leasing the car, but there is still a sales price. It is easier to determine if the deal is good or not when the sales price is available.
  • gaw420gaw420 Member Posts: 2
    james bond the cap cost of the acura tl is 30350
    $30350 is pretty good I think. If carman visits the board soon he can confirm. In my area truecar shows that some base TLs have been selling for $30,000, so maybe try to get the dealer down to $30,000.
  • nightstarnightstar Member Posts: 7
    In the process of negotiating my TL lease/purchase, should I spend time trying to get the dealership to discount the pricey yearly fees and the required royalty fee for the XM radio?
    From my understand, the dealer has no control over the price of XM radio. You can also not subscript to XM if you dont want to. After the 3 month trial XM will just stop working.
    However, if you are interested in XM radio, you can call them directly (after your trial) to get some good deals.
    Their current specials are:
    5 months of XM for $20 total (plus tax and what not)
    1 year of XM for $77 total (plus tax and stuff comes out to $88, I actually ordered this yesterday hence I know).
    When the call the main XM number they may say they don't have such promotions. Just tell them to transfer you to the "retention" department and they will give you these promotions.
    Dealer has no control over XM, just talk to XM directly.
  • gguy8gguy8 Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2010
    Dear Carman or whomever else may be able to help,

I am looking to lease either a 2010 or 2011 TL in New Jersey (36 months/15,000 miles per year) and am wondering if you could supply me with all the lease info (residuals/money factors) for all the different versions of the TL for those years for December? Also, I am currently leasing an infiniti g35x that will be ending in February 2011, and I want to know if it is better to wait till then to sign a new lease or with all the incentives this December is it better to do it now? Thanks.
  • amorenoamoreno Member Posts: 4
    I'm helping my mother lease a 2010 basic TL (12K miles). i've leased her past two TLs, and both times found it very hard obtain the correct residual and money factor. Why so hard? Why is car man the only person with this information? Car man is the great but i noticed that he's been away from our forum for a bit now, so i looked and look on the web for these figures and have had zero luck! car man, come back! or share with us where you get these numbers so we don't always have to wait on you! have a good one guys!
    Dear Carman,

I am looking to lease either a 2010 or 2011 TL in New Jersey (36 months/15,000 miles per year) and am wondering if you could answer a few questions that I have. First, could you please supply me with all the lease info (residuals/money factors) for all the different versions of the TL for those years for December? Second, I am currently leasing a 2007 Infiniti G35x that will be ending in February 2011, and I want to know if it is better to wait until then to sign a new lease or with all the incentives this December is it better to do it now? Lastly, I know this is the Acura section, but I was wondering if you think the lease deals are better for Infiniti or Acura. I look forward to your response, and thanks for you help in advance.
  • sulax50sulax50 Member Posts: 3
    I would love to know the numbers for 2011 TLs as well. One dealer is willing to let me turn in my 2009 TL early, but I would love to know the preferred MF and residual for 2011 TL Tech and TL Tech with SH-AWD.

Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for the additional information, geoguy99.

OK, Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00144 and 59%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    edited December 2010
    Hi gguy8. Here's the 36 month, 15,000 mile per year numbers for New Jersey that you're looking for.

'11 TL: .00144 / 59%

'11 TL Tech: .00144 / 56%

'11 TL AWD: .00144 / 57%

'11 TL AWD Tech: .00144 / 54%

'11 TL AWD Tech HPT: .00144 / 53%

'10 TL: .00144 / 54%

'10 TL Tech: .00144 / 51%

'10 TL AWD: .00144 / 52%

'10 TL AWD Tech: .00144 / 49%

'10 TL AWD Tech HPT: .00144 / 48%

If I was in your situation, I probably would not waste the final two payments on my current vehicle by getting a new one right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi amoreno. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TL with 12,000 miles per year are .00144, .00172, or .00107 and 54%. The exact money factor varies by region. If you tell me what state you are in, I'll gladly tell you the exact factor that is available in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • alex_socalalex_socal Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car man,
    what are the MF and Residual for TL Tech with either 12K or 15K miles/yr in southern California?

Thanks,
    Thanks so much for the info. car man! I greatly appreciate it! I do have another couple questions for you though. The one dealership I was dealing with was willing to deduct my two infiniti payments left off the price of the new acura if I lease it by the end of December, is that something I should consider? Also, if I do decide to wait until February to lease the TL, do you believe the $1500 incentive and such will carry over? Thanks again!
  • soulman1980soulman1980 Member Posts: 3
    I just wanted to thank you guys (esepcially Carman) for all your help and what you do at this forum.

While I just signed up today, I've been eyeing the lease deals for TSX's and TL's for the past few months on this forum and it has really helped me make an informed decision.

I just did a 3-year 15/k mile a year lease on a new 2011 Acura TL Tech in NY for $479/month with $1000 + DMV fees out of pocket.

I just sent an email with what I was looking for in terms using the data you provided (money factor & residual) along with the purchase price and dealer cash.

Basically all 3 dealers ignored it and sent back what they thought was the best deal, but copying all 3 on every email back and forth really helped to get the 3 to compete against each other. What started as a 2010 at $519 ended up with a 2011 at $479.

Anyways - again, thanks for the information, it was a huge asset and while I know I didn't get the greatest deal ever, I needed something within 48-hours and at least had a basis to start off on.

Thanks again!
  • soulman1980soulman1980 Member Posts: 3
    I just wanted to provide an update.

I actually backed out of the deal when my local dealer offered to drop the price another $15/month with only $1000 out of pocket (DMV fees were included in lease package) - so in reality it is more than a $15/month savings.

I had signed a PO and put a deposit on the previous lease, however I never signed a credit app and the dealers own PO terms stated that sales financed through them are subject to credit app and lease agreement, if terms are not agreed upon the refund must be refunded.

I also believe this to be New York State law.

However, I'm now in posession of the 2011 TL Tech, and it is simply awesome. It is a HUGE step up from the 2006 TSX I had prior.

For the price of the car, I'm not sure you can do any better.

Thanks again to all and merry christmas.
    Hi alex_socal. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL Tech in California with 15,000 miles per year are .00107 and 56%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome gguy8.

Chances are the fact that the dealership is absorbing the final two payments on your current lease is hampering your ability to get the lowest possible selling price on your new vehicle. There's only so much profit in any given deal.

While there's no guarantees about what manufacturers will do with their future incentives programs, I strongly suspect that Acura will have at least $1,500 dealer cash on the TL Tech in January.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, soulman1980. I'm glad that you've found the Edmunds.com forums so helpful. Congratulations on getting your new ride. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • krgoodmankrgoodman Member Posts: 1
    Thanks everyone for all the great information on this forum. I'm considering a 36 mo lease on a 2011 Acura TL w/ tech, 15,000 miles per year in Southern California. I believe the MF is .00107 and residual is 56%, the MSRP is $39,895, and invoice is $37,137. I think there is a $1500 factory-to-dealer incentive on the car so I offered $36,000 and the dealer countered at $36,600 and is stuck there. This makes the lease $439 / mo with $2998 down. Is this a good deal? If so, what else should I be asking for in order to sweeten the deal?
  • tghoshtghosh Member Posts: 22
    Just pulled the trigger on a TL AWD/tech lease in NJ after spending days trying to chase a good deal on a g37x. The attitude of infiniti salesmen and managers was really starting to get on my nerves!

heres the details on my lease:

36 month / 15k Miles

MSRP: $43,445
    Selling price: $36,500
    Cash Due: $1607 (including dmv fees and bank acquisition fee)
    Monthly Payment: $467
    Buy Out: $23,460

Im sure i didnt get that great of a deal since the buy out price is kinda high..this is only my second lease ever..and I really got taken to the cleaners on the first one.

very happy with the car. Got it in Mayan Bronze/Umber..(VERY Sharp looking combo IMO). No regrets about not getting the G37x whatsoever. I gave the sales manager a really hard time and he remained very patient with me throughout the process...even through in a set of all weather mats.
  • qaliqali Member Posts: 60
    Wow, looks like a good deal in terms of MSRP and selling price. Was there an Acura incentive factored in the price reduction?
This discussion has been closed.