Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• bxsvx01 - Bill Vince Acura in Bridgewater.
  • bxsvx01bxsvx01 Posts: 6
    Thank you.
  • cndnbkncndnbkn Posts: 39
    Car_man or kyfdx,

Is there really $4000 in total incentives($1,500 manufacturer to consumer plus $2,500 manufacturer to dealer) on the 2011 TL right now? Can these both be used on a lease? What are the residuals and MF for the Base and the Tech package right now? 15k per year please. Thanks in advance for your answers and insights. With the prices I am seeing people posting of $6K under MSRP for Tech package I am thinking the incentives posted on Edmunds might be correct and could actually be that good. Please confirm.

Thanks,

cndnbkn
    FYI to all looking I just confirmed with AFS(acura financial services) that anyone that owns an acura or leases is available for a $1500 owner loyalty discount. It is set to run until 5/2/11.
  • jrothen4jrothen4 Posts: 6
    Went in to look at the '12 TL yesterday and ran some #'s. I was told that the $1500 loyalty discount was only good for a '11 TL.........
  • jrothen4jrothen4 Posts: 6
    Ugh I hate dealing with dealerships!

Here's what I got to before I walked out.

2012 TL Tech
    10k/36mo (Using momentum miles that is why only 10k, still have 12k left from last TL)
    MSRP 40,195
    Sale 38,695. (Was only to 39,695 until I pulled out my crack pipe to see if they wanted to smoke some more!)
    Residual of .63
    MF .00186
    $1200 down to cover 599 doc fee, 1st payment, and some other little fee.
    8.1% tax on payment where I live
    $551/mo

Doesnt seem too good to me. I have to double check with AFS about the $1500 going towards the '12. The whole time they were complaining that I was stealing the car. Yea right! Since it is so new, I can not figure out what others are getting for a discount on the MSRP and none of the sites (truecar.com) have the averages out yet. I ran the #'s on my own, and the above figures should come out to 520-530, so they are still getting me somewhere.

This was a far cry from the $2500 down, 39,695 MSRP, and payment of 617 that they came out with 1st!
  • Yeah, since the 2012 is brand new it is hard to figure out what the real sales price is. I would never pay $39k for it considering the 2011 are going for like $34k.
    I have a feeling that they are making a killing on $39k.
    Also, I want to point out that the dealer doc fee is BS. So try to lower that number since all that goes to the dealer (you should still pay it, but $599 dealer doc fee is ridiculous. For comparison, CA has a law that limits the dealer doc fee to $55).
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    I'd be happy to rleicht. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00189 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi cndnbkn. The 2011 Acura TL Tech has $2,500 dealer cash available on it. The Base aka Non-Tech TL only has $2,000.

The $1,500 cash incentive that you've seen mentioned is loyalty cash.

Both of these incentives are compatible with the special lease program.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 TL with 15,000 miles per year are .00101 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 TL Tech are .00101 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jbhansenjbhansen Posts: 20
    wbarmore: That's what we get for having no income tax in Texas. The state will get their money one way or another.
    Thanks Car_Man,

Do you have April's numbers yet, MF and Residual? Or are they not set to change until after the weekend

Thanks,

Brett
  • cmb58cmb58 Posts: 3
    Some dealers near me are advertising 2011 TLs for $310 with no money down. This sounds a bit too good to be true. THoughts?
  • What does the fine print say? Could be 48 month lease, could require you to be a returning Acura customer (so that the dealer gets that cash).
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    I can see them offering that on the base FWD.
    Hi Brett. Acura's March lease program is actually scheduled to run through May 2nd, so they should be exactly the same in April as they were last month.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Carman, Now to see if I can find a color combo i like.
    You're very welcome cndnbkn.

Car_man
    Host
  • cable23cable23 Posts: 9
    Hi:

Was hoping someone can help verify if this a good deal. I'm a little confused trying to calculate the final sale price with the lease information, which I've been reading about, but I still feel my calculations are off.

Lease in NJ:
    2011 Acura TL with Tech - Front Wheel Drive
    36 Months/10k
    $0 down
    $460 a month after tax
    $1800 for acquisition and document fees, which is their standard charges. Definitely understand their fees are a bit higher than other dealerships

Any info will help

Thanks.
  • Hmm.
    Just ask the dealer for the sales price. Then compare that price to truecar.com

Also ask for the exact breakdown of the $1800, that seems way too much.
    Acquisition fee is $595.
    Dealer doc fee is BS, so try to lower that as much as possible.
    Then look at your state's DMV website to see how much registration is.

And don't fall for the "that is our standard charge." Everything is up for negotiation. Talk to other dealers too.
  • cable23cable23 Posts: 9
    jamesbond:

thanks for the information and your help. i actually did request the sales price and waiting to hear back (they are closed today).

i also called another dealership around the area that didnt have any 2011 in stocks. they quoted me for a 2012, but said they wouldnt be able to go near that price.

i'll post back when they reply.

thanks again
  • bxsvx01bxsvx01 Posts: 6
    njtechwarrior: Who was the salesman? Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,957
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• host say's no names. salesperson shouldnt matter though, they all report to the manager. ship may have saled though, i did my deal the day after the 2012s arrived so i think i benefited from that. its been almost a month, i bet most 2011s are gone but you can always try
  • cmb58cmb58 Posts: 3
    2011 Acura TL (without Nav); 36 months; 12,000 miles per year

MSRP = 36,165
    Selling price = 30,995
    Residual = 59%
    MF = .00101

$349 with taxes upfront or
    $384 with taxes rolled in.

DMV fees and $595 bank fee paid upfront

Island Acura in Wantagh, NY (Long Island)

Overall it was the best car buying/leasing experience I have ever had. I was in and out within an hour. Pick up the car today.

If anyone is interested, they had one more left on the lot. Silver with taupe interior.

Thanks to everyone who posts on here for the helpful information.
  • dammitjim1dammitjim1 Posts: 95
    edited April 2011
    Your experience is very encouraging. I am local to this dealer also, have a 2008 Accord lease coming to an end and have my eye on the TL as a replacement. This was the first dealer I was going to visit and try to work out a deal with. It would be a huge plus if I could turn in the Honda to them, but I don't know if that's doable or not.

Congratulations, and enjoy the car!
  • jbhansenjbhansen Posts: 20
    If the Acura dealer is also a Honda dealer in or near the same locale, you can ask Honda Finance if they would let you work with the Acura dealer at lease end instead of the Honda dealer who originally leased you the Accord.
  • smitonsmiton Posts: 10
    edited May 2011
    Hi Carman, Can you post the May residual and money factor for the 2011 & 2012 TL AWD - Tech, 36 mo, 15k miles? Thanks- much appreciated!
    Hi smiton. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00190 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rnmtrnmt Posts: 11
    How about the 2012 TL FWD w/ Advance Package. Same numbers?

Thanks
  • alansufialansufi Posts: 18
    Carman,

What are the numbers on a 2012 TL SH-AWD, 30 & 36 months, 10k & 12k?
This discussion has been closed.