Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    Thanks Car_Man,

Do you have April's numbers yet, MF and Residual? Or are they not set to change until after the weekend

Thanks,

Brett
  • cmb58cmb58 Member Posts: 3
    Some dealers near me are advertising 2011 TLs for $310 with no money down. This sounds a bit too good to be true. THoughts?
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    What does the fine print say? Could be 48 month lease, could require you to be a returning Acura customer (so that the dealer gets that cash).
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    I can see them offering that on the base FWD.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Brett. Acura's March lease program is actually scheduled to run through May 2nd, so they should be exactly the same in April as they were last month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    Thanks Carman, Now to see if I can find a color combo i like.
    You're very welcome cndnbkn.

Car_man
    Host
  • cable23cable23 Member Posts: 48
    Hi:

Was hoping someone can help verify if this a good deal. I'm a little confused trying to calculate the final sale price with the lease information, which I've been reading about, but I still feel my calculations are off.

Lease in NJ:
    2011 Acura TL with Tech - Front Wheel Drive
    36 Months/10k
    $0 down
    $460 a month after tax
    $1800 for acquisition and document fees, which is their standard charges. Definitely understand their fees are a bit higher than other dealerships

Any info will help

Thanks.
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    Hmm.
    Just ask the dealer for the sales price. Then compare that price to truecar.com

Also ask for the exact breakdown of the $1800, that seems way too much.
    Acquisition fee is $595.
    Dealer doc fee is BS, so try to lower that as much as possible.
    Then look at your state's DMV website to see how much registration is.

And don't fall for the "that is our standard charge." Everything is up for negotiation. Talk to other dealers too.
  • cable23cable23 Member Posts: 48
    jamesbond:

thanks for the information and your help. i actually did request the sales price and waiting to hear back (they are closed today).

i also called another dealership around the area that didnt have any 2011 in stocks. they quoted me for a 2012, but said they wouldnt be able to go near that price.

i'll post back when they reply.

thanks again
  • bxsvx01bxsvx01 Member Posts: 20
    njtechwarrior: Who was the salesman? Thank you!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• njtechwarriornjtechwarrior Member Posts: 12
    host say's no names. salesperson shouldnt matter though, they all report to the manager. ship may have saled though, i did my deal the day after the 2012s arrived so i think i benefited from that. its been almost a month, i bet most 2011s are gone but you can always try
  • cmb58cmb58 Member Posts: 3
    2011 Acura TL (without Nav); 36 months; 12,000 miles per year

MSRP = 36,165
    Selling price = 30,995
    Residual = 59%
    MF = .00101

$349 with taxes upfront or
    $384 with taxes rolled in.

DMV fees and $595 bank fee paid upfront

Island Acura in Wantagh, NY (Long Island)

Overall it was the best car buying/leasing experience I have ever had. I was in and out within an hour. Pick up the car today.

If anyone is interested, they had one more left on the lot. Silver with taupe interior.

Thanks to everyone who posts on here for the helpful information.
  • dammitjim1dammitjim1 Member Posts: 95
    edited April 2011
    Your experience is very encouraging. I am local to this dealer also, have a 2008 Accord lease coming to an end and have my eye on the TL as a replacement. This was the first dealer I was going to visit and try to work out a deal with. It would be a huge plus if I could turn in the Honda to them, but I don't know if that's doable or not.

Congratulations, and enjoy the car!
  • jbhansenjbhansen Member Posts: 20
    If the Acura dealer is also a Honda dealer in or near the same locale, you can ask Honda Finance if they would let you work with the Acura dealer at lease end instead of the Honda dealer who originally leased you the Accord.
  • smitonsmiton Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2011
    Hi Carman, Can you post the May residual and money factor for the 2011 & 2012 TL AWD - Tech, 36 mo, 15k miles? Thanks- much appreciated!
    Hi smiton. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL AWD Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00190 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rnmtrnmt Member Posts: 11
    How about the 2012 TL FWD w/ Advance Package. Same numbers?

Thanks
  • alansufialansufi Member Posts: 18
    Carman,

What are the numbers on a 2012 TL SH-AWD, 30 & 36 months, 10k & 12k?
    Hi rnmt. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Alansufi, Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2012 TL SH-AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00260 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00190 and 59%.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year its residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • coshawcoshaw Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide 2012 TL SH-AWD Tech with 10K miles/year 36month lease residual and MF? Thanks much.

best,
    coshaw
  • ironmannironmann Member Posts: 4
    Just wanted to share my experience, bought a Acura 4 weeks ago in Northern VA. 2011 TL/Tech Package, 36 month lease with 30k miles for $380 a month with $1500 down.
  • mrlddstmrlddst Member Posts: 10
    Hey Car_Man,
    What is the average money factor for a 2011 TL AWD Tech for someone with a credit score in the mid 600s? I'm trying to determine if I can get a decent rate. Also, is it possible to lease the demo?
    Greetings coshaw. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual valuer for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL AH-AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mrlddst. With a credit score in the mid-600s you will probably have to pay a slightly higher money factor than someone who qualifies for Acura's "Super Preferred" credit tier, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of .00010 to .00030 higher or so.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TL Tech AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" tier.

Yes, it is possible to lease a demo. Just make sure that the dealer that you are working with is providing you with enough of an additional discount on the demo's selling price to justify purchasing what essentially is a low mileage used vehicle over an otherwise identical brand new one.

Car_man
    Host
  • mrlddstmrlddst Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info. I will probably just go with a 2012 from "ANOTHER DEALER" as the dealer is trying to sell me the demo with 4000 miles for $1000 under msrp...I feel like it should be $2000 below invoice at that rate.
  • bigdozerbigdozer Member Posts: 32
    Does anyone have intel on the 2011 Memorial Day sales with Acura.
    I have heard that this will be the first big promo since the Japan crisis in March.

Any info would be helpful
  • alansufialansufi Member Posts: 18
    Does the MF on the TL's ever dip below .00190?
    You're welcome mrlddst. A demo with 4,000 miles for only $1,000 under MSRP? Sheesh, I know that the inventory situation is bad, but that's ridiculous. If that's what the market dictated for a TL right now, I'd definitely go with a different model. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bigdozer. Acura introduced 0.9% financing for up to 5 years on all Acura models for the Memorial Day weekend. It is scheduled to introduce new programs for June some time tomorrow.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey alansufi. It has provided a decent level of lease support on the TL in the past, but Acura really cut back on its support for most models after the Japanese supply disruption. It's difficult to say exactly when it will reintroduce support on this model but I suspect that it eventually will.

Car_man
    Host
  • rzurawikrzurawik Member Posts: 13
    I have a 2009 Acura TL. The lease is up in 10 months. I have a decent scratch on the rear bumper (.5" x 6"). Got an estimate of 600 to fix it. Should I get it fixed or is there a certain amount of damage allowed when the car is turned in. The car is perfect other than that. Tia

Rob
    If the lease was financed through Acura or Honda Financial, I believe that up to $1500 total damage is waived on the return on the lease. If it was through a bank, you may have to repair it.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    I think it's $500 per item, though.... with a $1500 total...

Either way, I sure wouldn't drop $600 on it... I'd wait and see what the inspection holds.... You might skate, or it might be minimal...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    edited June 2011
    The current deal offered at www.acura.com without any conversation/negotiation with the dealer is:

Model: 2012 TL Auto
    MSRP: $36,490 (incl shipping, excl sales tx [6.5%])
    Net Cap Cost: $34,203.90 (incl $595 acq fee)
    Residual: $23,718.50 (65%)
    Term: 36 month
    Miles: 30,000/3 yr (additional miles over 30,000 @ $.20/mile)
    Required customer participation: $2,499
    Mo/pmt: $399

Another variation offers up this vehicle without any customer $ participation for $460/mo for 35 months -- the first month is "free."

This (with the oop of $2,499), roughly, translates to factor of 0.011739 (399/(36490-2500).

If the same car has an MSRP of $47,000, is discounted $1,500 and has a lease upcharge of $3,000 for 15,000 miles x $.20/mile, is the lease per month calculation something like this:

- 0.011739*((47000*1.065)-2499+3000-1500) = $575.86/mo for 36 months.

I added 6.5% sls tax on the entire amt, not just the usage amt.

I got a quote from the dealer without any negotiation of $644/mo. Would an offer of $576/mo, with the first check being $2,499+$576, be considered or simply discounted as the ravings of a lunatic?
    Right, $1500 total, with no single item exceeding $500. I agree that the inspection should be done before laying out any money.
    edited June 2011
    Hi Car_Man,

Could you please let me know if this is correct: dealer is offering money factor of .00186 and residual of 57% for 36 month / 15K mile lease on 2012 TL FWD Advance.

Thanks!
    edited June 2011
    I indeed got a money factor of .00186 with a residual of 57%. I leased a 2012 TL FWD Advance for 36 months / 15K miles.

For those that aren't aware, sales tax is charged on the full gross cap cost when leasing an automobile in Texas (I live in the Houston area). Acura is currently offering a 5 point reduction on the sales tax rate, lowering it to 1.25% from 6.25%. This saved me over $2100 on the deal.
  • cherryghostcherryghost Member Posts: 1
    I'm a newbie but already love this forum.

I was just offered $372 plus tax (7% in Florida so $399) on a 2012 TL (base), $2K down, 36 month, 10K/year, residual of 62% and money factor of 0.00186. For a 12K lease the residual dropped to 61% and lease went to $412. Seems in line with other posters.

Any of you think I can get it to $399 for a 12K miles/year?
  • nystarnystar Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2011
    Hi Guys,

one month ago I went to Park Ave Acura in NJ, it was the memorial day at that time and got an offer for Acura TL FWD with Tech for $460/month $0 everything and execluding tax and registration fees. The guy told me that it was a memorial day offer.

My question is does this offer sound realistic ?

The reason why I am asking is that I went to Acura of Manhattan yesterday hoping to get something better but they told me that those numbers never exist and the guy at Park Ave knew that I wont buy the car at that time and thats why he gave me a very low price so I wont go to any other dealer in the future and even if I do I wont be able to get the numbers he offered.

I am new here and dont know about the calculations, but does $460/Month, 10K/year with 40 down execluding tax and fees for TL FWD Tech sounds realistic ?

Thanks
    Hello jbhansen. The numbers that you were quoted are indeed correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • jagoojagoo Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2011
    Carman, can you please give me the current money factor and residual for a 24 month lease and 15k miles/year for a 2012 TL SH-AWD w/Tech package MSRP $42885. Are their any special incentives on this car?

Please give me the same information for a 2011 too.

Assume a credit score of 730.
    Thanks
    I;d be happy to, jagoo. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00186 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The only cash incentive that is available on the 2012 model right now is $750 loyalty cash.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00260 and 60%.

The loyalty cash is also available on the '11 model along with $1,500 dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • coachjkmcoachjkm Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys
    My acura dealer called me today and said that they would take my 2010 TL with 22K put me in a new 2012 at same monthly payment or less. What is the catch?
    I'd advise you to get the details then tell US what the catch is.
  • yen2012yen2012 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Carman ,

I would like to know if the total cash on a 2012 tl tech is 1750 .... 750 loyalty and 1000 dealer cash ... if this is correct is a monthly payment of 426 that a dealer offered possible , i think its a trick to get me in the doors

please advise
  • erosseross Member Posts: 1
    hi, leased a 2012 TL with tech package and protection package, 15k, 36 month lease, traded in my 2010 with 32000 miles. 500 down and 440 month including taxes and license. was this a good deal anyone? i thought it was, but not so sure now.
  • yen2012yen2012 Member Posts: 3
    it is a pretty good deal ... my offer is for 10k per year / 36 months ... where is the dealer you got it from
This discussion has been closed.