Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• ffactoryxxffactoryxx Member Posts: 7
    Ok so I have a 2005 Acura TL w/ Navi with about $5500 left to pay on it from my purchase. Payments are about $450/mo.

I want to trade it in and get either a 2009/10 TL Tech for Purchase or 2012 w/ Tech for Lease.

I am a bit confused on which way to go. I assume I can get around $10K for my car. Few Questions and yes I read this thread.

1. I still dont understand the Money Factor thing. Can someone explain.

2. Is there a way they could low ball me on the trade in value?

3. Is there anyway to get a 2012 w/ tech lease for around $400 to $450/mo. How much should I look to put down? Also what would be the best way to work with the dealer to get it down this low.

Any suggestions would help.
  • purchasingsoonpurchasingsoon Member Posts: 74
    Yes this is what my sales person is telling me about the '12 TL. He claims the $1k incentive ends within next few days, while the 750 loyalty goes through early august. Evaluating your 426 offer depends on s lot of factors, such as how much out of pocket they are requiring.
  • yen2012yen2012 Member Posts: 3
    sorry ... its zero ($0) out of pocket ... sign and drive deal
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You are correct, yen2012. There's a $1,000 cash incentives available on leases of this car plus the $750 loyalty cash.

The payment that you mentioned is definitely possible. This vehicle's ultimate payment will depend upon what your car's selling price is. At dealer invoice minus the cash incentives that we discussed, I'm coming up with a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $391.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi purchasingsoon. Acura's June incentives are scheduled to run through July 5th. While it is impossible to tell what its new July programs would be like, I personally would be fairly surprised if it decided to pull the plug on the $1,000 cash incentive that it is providing on leases of the '12 TL.

Car_man
    Host
  • tennisfan23tennisfan23 Member Posts: 1
    Question for Car_man:
    I am in the process of trying to lease a 2012 acura TL base. Live in Columbus, Ohio

Here is what I am being offered.

Sales price = $33,316
    35 mo lease / 12k year
    1,500 down @ $472.00 /month.

I am trading in a 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour. I having about 2,800 in neg equ.

Does this sound like a good deal with the trade?

I am trying to make a decision by tomorrow.

Thanks for your help! :confuse:
  • gabbogabbo Member Posts: 35
    I'm in same boat. The practical play is for me to pay it over the next 12 months then drive the wheels off of it.

But if there was a way to get a 12 with the Tech Package and payments around $400-$425 for 36/15k, I would consider it. I'm not a big fan of making a big deposit on a lease, but would consider using some of the equity if there was some left over for me to pocket.
  • srx2870srx2870 Member Posts: 16
    Hi Carman,

whats the July's residual and MF for tech fwd w/ tech 36 months, 10k a year? how about shawd w/ tech? Is there any incentive going on right now for leasing? Thanks!
    Here you go srx2870. Acura's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor for the AWD Tech model is the same, but its residual value is 59%.

Acura is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in most areas.

Car_man
    Host
  • peterxzpeterxz Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am new to lease.
    I saw Acura is offering:
    $0 down payment, $0 security deposit, $0 first month's payment, $0 due at lease signing. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. $440.00 a month for 35 months thereafter.

Is this a good deal? Can I still negotiate?
    If I want the Tech pkg, what the number then should be?

Thanks,

Pete
  • yanick356yanick356 Member Posts: 2
    Hi carman. Assuming a cap cost of invoice for 2112 TL/Tech, 36 months, 12k miles, 0 money out of pocket, what would be my payments?

Perfect credit.

I am finding like 550.00 on lease calculator and see 400.00 elsewhere on the internet.

I assume I wouldnt qualify for loyalty cash since i have never owned an acura?

Would money factor be .00170 and 61% MF?

I apologize if redundant.
  • yanick356yanick356 Member Posts: 2
    Update: Bought a 2112 Tech 3/36k; .00170 MF, 60 Res, 1K below invoice, 880 driveoff, 480.00 month incl taxes.
  • stone23stone23 Member Posts: 10
    Yanick,
    So you bought a 2012 V6 Tech3 for $36K and are paying $480/mo including taxes? What was the invoice price. Where did you get this. I had been trying to get into a V6 TSX but every dealer keeps telling me that they don't have a market for them. They say the support and incentives on the TL FWD & FWD Tech are priced attractively.
    I haven't gone into the dealership to negotiate, but I am looking to walk in and say this is what I've been offered match it. I also have a 2005 Acura TL with 143K miles on it but has some electrical issues. Apparently am told I could get $6500-7500 for it.
    Thoughts?
  • runningman2runningman2 Member Posts: 1
    Carman, Looking for latest money factor and residual for 2011 and 2012 TL/Tech lease? Planning to go 36 mos/15k miles/year, not sure what people are seeing for latest rates. Also, any thoughts on what to offer for 2011 demo, TL-Tech-SHAWD w/5k miles. Appreciate info you can provide
    Greetings Pete. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Generally speaking, manufacturers' official advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. Savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition should be able to negotiate lower selling prices than the ones that were used to arrive at manufacturers' advertised payments without too much trouble.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi yanick356. The 36 month, 12k factor and residual value for a '12 TL Tech would be .00170 and 60% for top tier customers.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $40,220, and a selling price of $37,437, I estimate that this car would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $475.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for runningman2.

Acura's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of 2012 TL with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00190 and 55%.

Acura is currently providing a $1,000 dealer cash incentive on the '12 and $1,500 on the '11 TL.

The problem with demo models is that dealers never seem to be willing to discount them enough. Unless I am getting a massive discount, I personally would much rather have a rand new car than what is essentially a low mileage used one. It I could get the demo that you described for $2,000 or so less than a similar 2011 TL with no miles on it, I'd consider it.

Car_man
    Host
  • freddiejoefreddiejoe Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,
    A close friend will be completing a 36 mo./12000mi./yr lease in Oct. 2011. The dealer has indicated the car can be purchased for $16,000. I am interested in buying it. Can you educate me on the details of handling the transaction and also on whether you feel the price is a good deal? Also, will there be any warranty protection left that is transferable, and will I be entitled to see the service records?
    Thanks very much, :)
    Freddiejoe
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    Every lease has a buy out price. Ask your friend to call Honda Financial and get a current buyout (you can also get the final buyout price by looking at the lease contract).

Here is the info about the warranty, it should transfer over.
    http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2008/acura/tl/warranty.html

Ask your friend about the service records, it is your friend's car after all.

The one complication I see is the taxes. If your friend buys out the car he will pay taxes on it. Then if he sells the car to you, you will pay a tax. So it will be double taxed.
    If a dealer buys out the car they won't pay a tax. The dealer can then sell you the car (probably increasing the price however).
    (I think that is how the tax stuff works, someone correct me if I am wrong).
  • moet913moet913 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Car Man
    Have used your advice in past and it has been very helpful. Looking for Aug residual and money factor for tl base model 36 month 10/k. Lease offer now 379/mnth 2499 due at signing 1000 incentives. Can I do better with an invoice of 32,964 and 3000 down.
    Welcome back moet913. Acura's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2012 TL with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I need both this car's MSRP and selling price to work up a payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • moet913moet913 Member Posts: 3
    The MSRP on base model is 36,490 including 595 acq.fee. Selling price is 33,450. Acura is offering 1000 incentives and I will be putting 1000 down payment.

Thanks for you help!!
  • ashwenashwen Member Posts: 35
    moet913 - assuming that the sale price of 33,450 includes the 1,000 incentive, you would be looking at a payment of $395+tax per month with no money down (except for title, license, and doc fees)
  • eburnseburns Member Posts: 14
    Car man,
    Can you please post the mf and residual on a 2012 TL tech with 10,000 miles per year, 36 months? Also, is there still $1000 dealer incentive?

Thanks!
    Eric
  • ezielanskiezielanski Member Posts: 15
    My current 2009 TL w/Tech lease runs to Nov 1, 2011. I am considering leasing another one with Tech package. My current lease with Honda is $495 per month plus tax. I always thought I could have done better if I had waited instead of purchasing within a month of the new TL's showroom appearance.
    I am looking for a 36 mo, 10K lease with 1st month and title fees only, like the one I have now. I am a past and current Honda lease customer. Please provide prices etc so I can receive the best monthly payment terms.

Thanks,
    Ed
    Thanks for the additional information, moet913. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 TL that has an MSRP of $36,490 and a selling price of $33,450 right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $378.

If you get the dealer to knock the $1,000 cash incentive off of your car's selling price, it would drop this payment to around $348.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for Eric. Acura's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00170 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Yes, Acura is providing a $1,000 dealer cash incentive on the 2012 TL right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    o I live in Ohio: Clermont county (suburban Cincinnati).

o 6.5% sales tax -- sales tax is baked into our lease payments here in Ohio, based on the lease payment total.

o I am looking at a 2012 TL SH-AWD w Advance (and dealer installed backup sensors). The dealer sales rep told me inventory levels started to come back up in August and that he could give me a "great deal" as of September. He said the new dealer incentives will be announced either on 9/1 or no later than 9/6/11.

o The MSRP of the car is: $46,659 (plus the labor to install the back up sensors, which I will NOT include with the lease anyway).

o I have no idea what the selling price of the car would be but all "local data points" seem to point to an off invoice discount of about $2,800 -- or about 6%. I'll assume $2,500 off.

o 36 month lease term

o 15,0000 miles/year

o Credit score 747 (the lowest of the three agencies)

How do I go about calculating the lease based only on what you know today -- and what would the mo pay be? In late June (when inventory was scarce) at sticker, I believe the mo pay quoted by the dealer was $644 including tax.

I typically do not put money down on a lease, but I am willing to listen to what happens to the mo pay for every $500 (or whatever amount you suggest using in a calculation) in up front money.

Thank you.

:surprise:
  • jmr9jmr9 Member Posts: 26
    What are the August lease numbers for 12K miles/36 months?

Thanks Car Man!
    Got a selling price of $40,843 (with destination) which seems to be a great price. Any strategy for trying to negotiate on the lease acq and dealer fees or are those pretty much fixed?
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    Lease acquisition fee is fixed by Honda Financial so no way to change that. Dealer fees are pure BS, so try to knock those down. (For example, CA has a law that limits dealer fees to $55, so when I see dealers in other states charge $300+, that is pure BS).
  • zboz13zboz13 Member Posts: 6
    Hey Car_man...

Can you tell me what the September lease numbers are for a 2012 TL Tech for 36 months and 10k per year?

Thanks so much!
  • zboz13zboz13 Member Posts: 6
    By the way, are there any incentives or rebates available as well?

Thanks!
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I just got the following offer on a 2012 TL w/tech. I was called by the dealer as I have a 2009 on lease right now. My car is over mileage but Acura/Honda has never charged for for excess miles. I also just paid $700 in new tires for my current car. It needed 4 new tires (ouch) That is with warranty covering 50% of the cost which would have been $1400. TL with Tech 515.00 (includes 6% tax or TL base model 459.00.The tech is not the greatest thing I thought it was when I got it in 09. Many other car companies offer many of those items in base or mid tier models. I think sales are pretty weak right now in the car business. This car is also a pretty good guzzler. Not sure if I will bite on this one.
    Hi markcincinnati. Let's work up a payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD w Advance that has an MSRP of $46,659 and a selling price of $44,159 through Acura Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $594.

You're better off going with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the latest, jmr9. Acura Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL SH-AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00166 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go zboz13. Acura Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00166 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey zboz13. The only cash incentive that is currently available on this car is some $250 dealer cash certificates that dealers can earn for selling them. Dealers can use up to four of them on sales, but they aren't required to and there's no way to know how many certificates each dealer has.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks. Is that for the SH-AWD Tech with manual trans? (The numbers I had for August were .00170 and 58%.)
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Dealer fees are pure BS! How true. I get so frustrated seeing the many posts on Edmund from uninformed consumers who seem to thing dealer documentation type fees are a justified way of selling. As has been said, a fool and his money are soon parted. If everyone simply said no to such fees, they would soon disappear.
    Good catch. Sorry about the confusion, jmr9. The money factor is correct, but AFS' 36 month, 12k residual for a '12 TL SH-AWD Tech is 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • opro1opro1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

Trying to lease a TL in a tri-state area 15k miles a year for 36 months, 0 out of pocket. What should be a good monthly payment?
    Went to couple of dealerships, they dropped the price to around $40k from $43.7 MSRP. All start off at around $650 a month tax included, after a little bit of negotiating, one dealer dropped to $580 a month tax included. I still think its a bit high. Please HELP Car man!
  • mortiennemortienne Member Posts: 30
    While Car Man is having a rest, I make the pre-tax payment to be $539 using this month's numbers, so that $580 inc. tax is probably close.
  • opro1opro1 Member Posts: 4
    thanx, btw do u think the price will be even better around the end of november beginning of december ? I still have 2 months left on my current lease (not acura) so i have no problem waiting couple more months.
    Hi opro1. Let's work up a payment on this car and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 TL SH-AWD with Tech that has an MSRP of $43,700 and a selling price of $43,000 right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $639.

This car has a spread of around $3,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. There's a $1,250 cash incentive available on it on top of that so you have a total of $4,250 to play with in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Did the incentive change from August to September?
    Nope, jmr9, the $1,250 is still there.

Car_man
    Host
  • drmike29drmike29 Member Posts: 26
    Hi Car Man,
    Do you have the residual value and money factor information for October on 2012 TL FWD and 2012 TL AWD with Tech Package, 10k, 36 months?
    I sure do drmike29. Acura's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00166 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a TL AWD are .00166 and 61%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Hi, could I get the MF and RV for a 2012 TL base, 36 mo, for 10k and 12K? Also, I saw on another website there is supposedly $500 bonus dealer case in addition to the $1,250 incentive, is that correct? I'm in Oklahoma. Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.