Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• dfwcarguydfwcarguy Member Posts: 4
    Car_man, do you know if there are tax credits on Acura lease in Texas at the moment? Thanks again.
  • dp007dp007 Member Posts: 4
    This one is a complex one :)

Please advise if the following offer is a good one (NJ Area).

2012 Acura TL base model for 12K 36 months lease at $412 per month, with $2500 down.
    with a trade-in of my 2009 Honda Accord EXL with 32,000 miles (valued for $14,400) this has around $2k negative equity. Sales tax: 7%
  • XxHaimBonxXXxHaimBonxX Member Posts: 135
    Doesn't look like a lot of miles on the Honda, why $2000 in the red? Dealer trade-in is $15.5K. Dealer retail is about $18K. Try aiming somewhere in the middle.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome dfwcarguy. .00420?! That's an outrageously high money factor. If there wasn't some sort of miscommunication, you definitely should run away from this dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Welcome back mjt9090. I'm glad that things worked out so well for you last time. Let's see if we can do it again :shades: .

Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL Advance with 12,000 miles per year are .00114 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dfwcarguy. I wouldn't be surprised if there was, but I don't know for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • newcar2010asapnewcar2010asap Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking to lease a 2012 Acura TL Tech Pack in Florida, what is the best option for me? I am currently ending a Lease of a 2009 Acura TL Tech Pack ending in two days. During this lease, I put money down, but for this next lease, I dont want to put any money down or any out of pocket expense, I just want to sign and drive. What is they best way to get this with low payments in the 400-450 dollars a month range???

Thanks
    Hi newcar2010asap. The easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Acura's current buy rate for the 2012 TL is .00114, but it is scheduled to introduce a new lease program some time tomorrow. If you'd like, please feel free to check back with me for an update.

Car_man
    Host
  • labuyer100labuyer100 Member Posts: 4
    Hi. I'm very anxious to find out if there are any changes to the TL lease program in January. Please advise as soon as possible. Is the money factor still .00114? Is it still 58% residual on the 10,000 mile lease. Also, is Acura still offering its dealers the same $1250 incentive.

Thank you VERY much for your help!
    Hi labuyer100. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 TL with 10,000 miles per year are .00098 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The dealer cash incentive on this car is now $1,500.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,
    Thank you for the information. I just wanted to make sure of a couple things - one dealer is telling me that the residual is 57% (down 1 point from December), and another is telling me it is 56% (down 2 points from December.) You have 60%. I'm looking a the base with Tech model. Does that make a difference? I'm hoping your figures are correct. It give me more to work with! Also, with a no money down deal, one dealer said the money factor is .00088. Have you ever heard of that one? Thanks again for your help!
    Hi Car-Man. I needed more information and accidentally posted a new message instead of hitting reply. (I'm new to this.) Anway, I am actually looking at the Base TL with Tech. Does that change the residuals? Also, we have one dealer quoting 57% and one dealer quoting 56% on the 10,000 mile lease. Finally, one is offering a money factor of .00088 for a no money-down deal. Can you help me make sense of all this? My sincere appreciation!
  • mjenkensmjenkens Member Posts: 1
    Do you know if the 36 month lease for TL with Technology package is also .00098 and 60% for 10k lease? Do you happen to have residual for 12k or 15k lease?

Thanks!
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Not Carman, but I do know the base with tech model has a lower residual than the base without tech. I think the tech results in a 2-3% lower residual, but not sure of the exact amount.
  • mediamstmediamst Member Posts: 3
    So glad to have found this resource! I have test drove the Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech Package and decided I would like to lease.

I am planning to make the deal in the next week or so, once I have some roadmap of what would be considered a fair lease deal.

I see the current lease special on the acura website as follows...

$349.00 per month for 36 months. $2,699.00 total due at signing.
    Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. MSRP $36,490.00 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title fees, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Option to purchase at lease end $21,894.00. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, and 20¢/mile over 10,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more.

I generally like to have 12K per year in miles...

So my question is, what should I ask for in terms of price, residual, money factor and miles per year and what should a monthly payment be. At least what is a fair monthly payment for the 2012 TL SH-AWD with Tech Package?

I have 3K or so I am willing to use as money down. At the end of my leases, I generally buy the car or sell it myself on craigslist. Thats how I have done it with my last two BMW's and a Jetta.

Also, what can I expect to pay out of pocket besides the money down? How much are excluded "tax, license, title fees, and documentation fees"?

Edmunds gives me a TMV price of $41,608 including $885 Destination fee and a $607 regional adjustment... Is this the purchase price minus taxes I should try to get? I would like to walk in to the dealer, hand them a price layout of what I am willing to do and if they can do it, fine. If not walk and try somewhere else.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks very much!
    You're welcome labuyer100. You never mentioned that you want the Tech Package. That drops the base model's residual value by 3%. So the 57% residual value that you were quoted is correct for a 36-month, 10,000 mile per year lease.

Yes the money factor for a zero due at signing lease is slightly lower than the one that I mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
  • k12ballak12balla Member Posts: 1
    Any luck on your lease quotes? I'm loooking for a similar model 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD, probably without Tech pack if it makes a difference. I'm in Houston, and I was told the two lease specials they have online for 349 with 2599 down and 420 with no down are both for the base package and 10 k miles. I was quoted today for the SH-AWD with 12k miles of a residual of 58% or 23,223.00 and MF of .00098.

Car man do you know if these are the actual going rates, and how to go about calculating my suggested monthly payment with the above? They did not mention a selling price, but with the RF they quoted I believe its 40040 which is steep compared to the edmunds TMV of 38855 for that package.
  • mediamstmediamst Member Posts: 3
    No luck. I am waiting for a response on this board before I go in and negotiate. I am hoping to get some reply soon.

Thanks for checking!
  • maxlevmaxlev Member Posts: 85
    Hello Car Man,

You were a great help to me a few years ago when I purchased a car and thus, now I am returning as my lease is about to expire. I am turning in a 09 TSX in the next few months and I would like to upgrade to a TL (or maybe a passat, sonata, or TSX). I had 45k total miles on my current TSX on which I am roughly 15k under at the moment. Acura is currently offering "rollover miles" and I was wondering that since I only really need a max of 12k a year, would Acura write a 7500 a year type lease? If so, what sort of residuals and money factors would I be looking for in PA/NJ for the base model. Thanks in advance!
  • umalum1990umalum1990 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    Is $595/ month, all in, a good price for a 2012 TL SH-AWD 15k / year, for 36 mos w/ no money down, just inception fees? CAP Cost is $40,497
    Welcome back maxlev. I know that you can lease an Acura with only 10,000 miles per year, but I'm not sure about 7,500. You'll have to ask the dealer if that is a possibility.

Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 TL with 10,000 miles per year are .00098 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • asifpasifp Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I went today to check the lease price for 2012 Acura TL sh awd..dealer gave me following rate..initial out of pocket 1647$ which inlclude registration tax and documentation fee ->>>434$ /month for 36 months 12k miles/year..

If zero out of pocket then it would be 469/month...is it a good rate please let me know if any one has got it cheaper than that? i have to make decision by monday..

these were the numbers dealer gave me

actual price is 40040$ but selling price is 35200$
    MF=.00098
    Redidual 57%

Thanks in advance
  • steelrsteelr Member Posts: 1
    Is this good?

2012 Acura TL base model
    $1500 includes 1st payment, tax, title.
    12,000 miles
    $469 per month for 36 months

Thanks in advance.
    well i got this rate so far which sounds very good

2012 TL base with AWD 12kmiles/3years 1647 out of pocket 401$ for 35 months
    2012 TL FWD with Tech package: 12K miles/3years 1646 out of pocket 418@ for 35 months..

i am in NJ
  • nissanmaniacnissanmaniac Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2012
    well just got my TL SH AWD with tech for 456 a month, 12000 a year, out of pocket 3600.
    bottom line was I stick with msrp 39100 and he gave me on 31st january night.

so by paying 3600 i bring AWD down to TL SH AWD MSRP. I had the best offer for TL SH AWD through car woo for 35500, so I went to my local dealer and showed him the quote ( I did not wanted to drive GA or Columbus OH)
    so by paying 3600 I bridge the GAP of AWD with AWD with tech.

bottom line there is a big difference in TL AWD vs TL AWD with TECH, so my reco is to go for AWD with TECH.
    I wanted to buy MAXIMA but got the best offer for 34500 so the gap was only a $1000. let me tell you this thing rocks.
  • nissanmaniacnissanmaniac Member Posts: 3
    my suggestion, why base even you have tho pay 1500 out of pocket.

negotiate on MSRP bring dealer down to 39000 or 39500 for AWD TECH and then pay 3600 out of pocket and drive for 456 a month.

after driving for 5 days I can feel the difference. with AWD AND TECH GADGET I LOVE THIS BEAUTY AND I AM SURE YOU WILL TOO.
  • theundertowtheundertow Member Posts: 1
    These lease rates sound better than what I've been able to get from the dealer in NH - this is after wasting 2 hours in the dealership in the first day.

I want the AWD version...all they had were packaged up versions and with $3,000 down (12k miles - 36ms), we started at over $500 per month to lease.

I have it down some but so far from what Cadillac (as one example) is offering on a CTS Coupe or Wagon at the same general price range.

I may take a drive to one less local.
  • mstone48mstone48 Member Posts: 1
    I recently got quoted $427 a month (with tax about $460) for an Acura TL Tech (3.5), 12k miles for 36 months. Is this a good deal?
  • mikevi7mikevi7 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_Man,

I am looking at leasing a 2012 TL AWD & Tech Package - 3 yr/12k miles per year.

Can you give me the MF and residual on this?

Also, is it best to wait until President's Day weekend for extra incentives?

Anyone else:
    I am trying to get a deal at about $475 per month (tax included) with only about $1,500 total down (including Tax, Title, License). I am going to try and negotiate about $5k off $43,770 msrp, Using cap cos of $38,770, a .00098MF and a 57% Residual I get to $477 per month. Of course I will then have to come up with about $1,500-1,750 to put down.

Has anyone gotten a deal like this? Or can you do better?

Thanks.
    yes its a very good price.I got mine 2 weeks ago at 459/month zero down zero out of pocket for 2012 Acura TL FWD with Tech..for 36 months 12K miles.
    Here's the information that you're looking for mikevi7. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TL AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00098 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

It is difficult to say whether Acura will introduce any additional incentives for President's Day weekend. Typically Honda / Acura's special holiday enhancements involve improved finance rates, such as 0.9% for 5 years rather than additional cash incentives like Nissan employs. Having said that, it wouldn't hurt to wait just in case they do make an enhancement tot he programs .

Car_man
    Host
  • vulchesvulches Member Posts: 17
    Car_man, do you have the february lease numbers for a 10k/36mo and 12k/36mo lease for the base TL?
  • jesternyjesterny Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2012
    I am new here and new to leasing. I have a question. I am supposed to go tomorrow to complete the leasing process at my local dealership but I am not sure if I got a good deal.

Does the following sound ok?

Lease with Option to Buy

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech Package:

$5000 Due at signing (This includes Down Payment & ALL Fees, Taxes, Title, Etc.)

$450/ Month Total Lease Payment

10k/Year Miles Allowed

I only have 24 hours before I sign the papers and make the commitment so if anyone can respond soon it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :confuse:
  • mikevi7mikevi7 Member Posts: 5
    no, in my opinion that is not a great deal.

i would shoot for this:

$2,000 due at signing (all in)
    $460-485/month (all in)
    12k/year
    36 months

I would never put that much down on a lease...if the car gets stolen or totaled, you will lose your entire down payment.

hopefully this was helpful
    Thank you for the info Mikevi7.

It actually took me 2 hours of going back and forth between the dealer and the manager to get this deal. My income will only allow me to pay a maximum of $450/month, so I thought the $5000 due at signing was a good deal. Thanks for the heads up.

I forgot to mention that the $5000 also included the first months payment and all taxes and bank fees. So it's probably about a $3400 down payment and the rest is all the other fees and taxes. (If that makes a difference??)

They have had me waiting 3 days while they locate the color I want, I already planned on asking them for an increase to 12k Miles/year for the inconvenience. They are also giving me a loaner at signing until they receive the color I wanted. (Not happy about that, but its better than nothing.)

At least now I have an Idea of what I should be paying. For $450/ Month for 35 months maybe the Total Due at Signing should be about $3500-$4000...? Does that sound about right?

Thanks again, Sorry for the noob questions. I just don't want to get screwed cause I really like this car and I never leased before. I just can't pay more than $450/Month. ;)
  • mespresmespres Member Posts: 6
    I am turning in my 2009 Tl Base with Tech. I was offered a 2012 TL base with Advance Pkg. for $550 a month (all in) for 36 months and 12k miles. and they will take me out of the last two months of the lease. I am presently paying $499 all in.

Is this a good deal. I can wait the two months to turn it in until the lease is up also.
    I sure do vulches. Acura's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 TL with 12,000 miles per year are .00098 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • new2leasing1new2leasing1 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    CAR MAN:
    I NEED YOUR ADVICE/HELP. Please help me out.
    I am leasing the Acura TL (first time lease here)

This is the best offer thus far, not sure if its good though:
    -2012 Acura TL (ADVANCE) standard (NOT THE AWD)
    -15,000 miles (36 month lease)
    -$1960** down/ $470 plus taxes monthly (taxes are about $28 per month) (transfer tag fee included (about $100) & they will pay for first month (about $498))
    So the down payment really is about $1362 with the first month & transfer title fee covered by the dealership.

PLEASE ADVISE IF I SHOULD JUMP AT OPPORTUNITY OR WAIT. THANK YOU!
    edited March 2012
    I just Leased a 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD Advanced.

Paid $4,000 at signing (This included Down Payment, Tax, Title, Registration, Bank Fees, 1st month Payment, Tags, and ALL other Fees and NYC Taxes)

Payments are exactly $450.00/Month for 35 months.

12k Miles/Year

Free Vehicle Swap after 16 months (If I want to, doubt I will)

I'm new to leasing, Was this a good deal?

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome new2leasing1. Do you happen to know this car's selling price? That number would be very helpful in my evaluation of your deal. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • new2leasing1new2leasing1 Member Posts: 2
    CAR MAN:
    Thanks for the quick response. I am trying to get the car by the weekend, if its a good deal.

The Selling Price for the above mentioned car is $35,943. I also asked him for the amount for the car "Out the Door" in case you needed it and that would be $41,000.

This was the amount for the lease:
    -2012 Acura TL (ADVANCE) standard (NOT THE AWD)
    -15,000 miles (36 month lease)
    -$1960** down/ $470 plus taxes monthly (taxes are about $28 per month) (transfer tag fee included (about $100) & they will pay for first month (about $498))
    So the down payment really is about $1362 with the first month & transfer title fee covered by the dealership.

THANKS CAR MAN!!!
  • car999car999 Member Posts: 6
    What #s should I be looking for: price, residual, factor
  • ed41ed41 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Unable to understand how a $369 sign & drive rate (36 mo.)on a base model turns into a $482 rate by adding a tech package. Negotiated sales price on Tech was 35,887. 10K per year, Nothing down.
    Thanks
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    I'm seeing $1750 on standard and $2000 on Tech models.
  • acuratlfanacuratlfan Member Posts: 9
    hello jester

I think you should put the least amount down towards leasing any vehicle. I9f you put less down your payment will higher but at the end if the car gets stolen you would not loose all the money you put down.
  • elrikkelrikk Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Did I do ok?

NJ lease, 2012 TL (base) 10,000 miles per year. 400 per month for 36 including NJ sales tax.

NO MONEY OUT OF POCKET. All mv and fees rolled in.

Any advise would help.
  • vulchesvulches Member Posts: 17
    What was the sales price (including destination) and money factor? The residual is set by AFS, but the dealer can modify the money factor and the sales price determines the amount of depreciation you're essentially financing from Acura.
  • elrikkelrikk Member Posts: 2
    Hard to figure that out b/c we are rolling so much into the lease.
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I have leased cars since the 1990s. From Honda/Acura mostly. Honda/Acura the best leasing company. I have NEVER paid a thin dime on downpayments/cap cost reductions. NEVER. Sign and drive only. As far as I am concerned money down is a scam.

For example lest say the car is $300 a month 36 Months with ($3600 down) (The down money represents no tag fees or taxes in this round example. That to me a $400 car payment. If I tell the dealer sign and drive ONLY and they quote me $400 a month, that is the goal on a lease. Not to put down money. In some stupid cases I have seen large down payments and the dealer will say the lease is only $250 a month. They assume people are stupid. That is why most leases are (as clark howard calls them) fleeces.

When I ask a dealer who talks downpayment money for a lease they usually say the customer wants a lower monthly payment. What a joke. If I buy a million dollar house with 500K down its still a million dollar house.

Rob
    Yes, car999. The two most important numbers to focus on when leasing (other than the payment of course) are your vehicle's selling price and its money factor. Those are the two main profit centers for dealers on leased vehicles.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.