Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi saltyone. I just worked up a payment on a TL Tech for someone in my previous post. You should be able to use that as a point of reference with one caveat. Taxes on leased vehicles in Illinois are extremely high.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • readyrnreadyrn Member Posts: 2
    I really appreciate your help CarMan!! I was able to see they were adding junk fees once I received a breakdown. You are truly a lifesaver.Thanks!!!
  • acncacnc Member Posts: 2
    What's the current MF and residual for 2013 TL and TL SH-AWD with Advance in NC for 36mos and 15k mile/yr? Also, any rebates, incentives?
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    edited February 2013
    Very pleased with this deal I just got done. 2013 Acura TL w/Tech Sh-AWD. MSRP $44,080 Selling price of $36,545 after $1,500 Loyalty, $2,000 Rebate and about $1,300 behind invoice. Just 1st month and DMV due at signing, $746.59 and a monthly payment of $446.59. This was a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. See the breakdown of the deal below... I don't think I left any money behind - LOL!

Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:25:46 AM

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying, LLC WD Deal ID: 32415
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 ACURA TL UA9F5DKW 4dr Sdn SH-AWD Tech AT w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 36
    Base Payment 446.59
    Total Payment 446.59
    Purchase Option 23,803.20
    MSRP 44,080.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.20

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 446.59
    Fees & Insurance 300.00
    Total Inception Fees 746.59

Total Cash Required on Delivery 746.59

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 6.28 8.3750 Capped
    Upfront Tax 1,343.98 8.3750 Capped

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 225.00 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
  • sacdriversacdriver Member Posts: 33
    Hi carman,

Can you give me the residual and money factor on a 2013 TL base model, 3 year lease, 10,000 miles a year, in Sacramento, CA (zip 95841). Thanks very much.
  • alfstinky1alfstinky1 Member Posts: 92
    Hi Carman, could you please post the March numbers for the TL TECH 36 month 10K lease. Thank you.
    You're very welcome, readyrn. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi acnc. Through March 4th, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL with 15,000 miles per year in North Carolina are .00062 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 SH-AWD are .00062 and 55%.

There is $1,500 dealer cash on this car right now.

Acura will introduce its new March programs later this week.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sacdriver. Through March 4th, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Base with 10,000 miles per year in California are .00062 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi alfstinky1. Acura is not scheduled to introduce its new March lease program until the 5th. Please post a reminder for me in this discussion in a few days and I'll gladly fill you in on what I have been able to find out about the new program.

Car_man
    Host
  • sstallsstall Member Posts: 7
    Will be going off 3-year 2010 TL w/Tech lease at end of month. Payoff is less than average trade-in price shown on Edmunds by a few hundred to over $1000 depending upon condition selected. We're under on mileage by about 3,000 miles. Is it a bad idea to buy our lease? If so, why? Thanks.
  • chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    The downfall of buying a lease I that in a year you will be driving a car not covered under warranty unless you buy or bought an extended.

I was in your position when my 09 TL ended and I sold it to carmax. They paid off the lease and cut me a check for $1800.
    Has anyone heard about new incentives for March? The Feb. manufacturer's cash of $2,000 was great; hope there's something like that for March.
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    There is a $1500 Conquest or Loyalty down payment assistance, you must finance or lease Acura Financial Services and have either;
    -a 2003 or newer Acura Vehicle or members of the same household
    -or a 2003 or newer Audi, BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes Benz, Cadillac vehicle or members of the same household.
  • acar414acar414 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Hey. Im wondering if I'm getting a good deal on a 2013 TL AWD (non-tech), they are offering me $390 a month for 36 months, 12K miles a year- no money down-just taxes, title and fees up front. They are taking me out of my current lease 2 months early. Is this a good deal? I'm in NY. Thanks!!
    Car Man, do you know the new money factor and residual for March for a 36 month lease, with 15,000 miles annually, 2013 FWD TL w/ Advance in NC? Can you also run the numbers for me on a good sales price given that the new incentives are 2,000 dealer cash plus $1500 loyalty cash? Thanks.
  • ak33ak33 Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Sorry for the delayed response, but I really appreciate the ballpark figures. It greatly helps in figuring out what is within my budget!

Have a great weekend!
    The dealer cash that was available in February is still there, sstall. $1,500 on base and $2,000 on Tech or Advance models.

As ged helpfully mentioned, there is another $1,500 conquest / loyalty cash on top of that that I assume most consumers would qualify for as well.

That's a lot of cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes I do, sstall. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Advance FWD in North Carolina with 15,000 miles per year are .00062 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Acura TL Advance FWD that has an MSRP of $42,730 and a selling price of 37,095 through Acura Financial Services right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $450.

There's lots of cash on this car and the money factor is decent, but its residual values are mediocre.

Car_man
    Host
  • ml_driverml_driver Member Posts: 10
    Car man
    I am negotiating for a zero down 36 month lease on a 2013 TL with tech. package. Can you give me a target to shoot for? I can't take advantage of the conquest offer, but am coming off an Accord lease, if this makes a difference. (Sales price, residual, money factor and monthly payment)
    I am in PA.
    Thanks for your help.
  • 04tsxdriver04tsxdriver Member Posts: 1
    Car man and forum members ,

I was looking to trade in my 04 tsx and lease a 13 tl AWD with tech if the deal is right. Just a few questions that you or the other forum members might be able to help me out. First, can the 2000 dealer cash and 1500 Acura loyalty incentive be combined ? I would qualify for the highest tier so that shouldn't be an issue. If so , I am looking to lease the vehicle for 36 months with 15k a year mileage. I would like to put no money down and have the dealer write my check for my tsx trade. I would prefer the manual but would do the automatic if the price was right.

Finally , can this be done for around 500 dollars a month? This vehicle would be purchased in NJ.

Thanks for any feedback
  • acuraguy83acuraguy83 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2013
    I just signed a 36 month lease zero out of pocket on 3-11-13 for a '13 tech. Monthly payment is $447 plus tax. I had to use the current 1500 owner loyalty towards my 2011 TL base trade to make up the negative equity. Otherwise it was an easy deal and again I took possession of the '13 without giving a single penny. Payment could have been less if I didn't have the negative equity as I could have used the 1500 as a down payment instead.
    After the sales price is negotiated, does Acura charge a $595 finance/acquisition charge?
  • acuraguy83acuraguy83 Member Posts: 16
    They generally add that into the sale price so you do not have to pay that out of pocket. That's how mine have always been done. This is my 4th Acura lease. There is apparently a 2000 dealer cash going on as well for the base and tech model TL's which you could use to pay any upfront costs or to bring down the sale price. Let me know how it works out for you. I feel my lease price was decent compared to what I have paid for their leases in the past. My '11 base TL was $413 plus tax so to get into a '13 tech for only 30 more a month seemed like a good deal.
  • snarf1464snarf1464 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I'm new to leasing but have been reading the info here on Edmunds to learn more. I'm looking at a 2013 FWD TL with Tech in Missouri. I was given an MSRP of $40530 with a sale price of $37733.55 before a $1500 loyalty credit for a final sale price of $36233.55.

I'm looking at a 36 month lease with 12k miles and no money down. I was given the following:
    Residual amt: $22696.80
    Money factor: .0010
    Base monthly payments: $457.80 + 41.20 in tax

Any thoughts on how good of a deal this is?
    Hi ml_driver. The car that you're interested in has an MSRP of $40,530. If I use a selling price of 36,559 (invoice minus $2,000 in incentives + $500), I estimate that this vehicle would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $389 for a 36-month lease with 12,000 miles per year. I used a money factor of .00062 and a residual value of 56% to arrive at this payment. The money factor varies by state, this is for PA.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 04tsxdriver. Yes, the dealer cash and the loyalty cash can indeed be combined.

Let's work up a payment and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 TL AWD Tech that has an MSRP of 44,080 and a selling price of 38,345 (invoice minus loyalty minus dealer cash plus $500) through Acura right now in NJ for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $467.

So yes, this deal does look like it can be done for less than $500 per month.

Car_man
    Host
    My sales price was $36,339 +595 (bank fee) + =$36,934. 56% residual and money factor of .00052. I'm pleased with the deal, but was wondering if the $595 was added to pad the profit margin. They pay first payment and I pay the next 35. 12k mi. a year.
    What do you think?
  • ibuyacurasibuyacuras Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    What do you guys think of an Acura TL base at $1000 in total drive-offs (including payment and all fees) and $340 / month including 9% tax in California? 36 mo / 10k miles. MSRP is 35905. Seems very competitive to me.
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    edited March 2013
    This is from California, and I don't consider it a great offer: MSRP: $40,530, SP: $35,986, Residual: 57.1%, MF: .00062, $1,000 Drive Off, $483 mo. It supposedly includes a dealer discount of $4,543. I believe the monthly is about $50 more than it should be. Residuals on Tech packages are worse than those on base. Don't ask me why. I just realized that the quote doesn't specify mileage (great job!). Term is 36 months.
  • jmalazartejmalazarte Member Posts: 1
    Car-man
    I'm looking to lease for a '13 TL SH-AWD base. Dealer gave me a qoute of SP $35,883(incl dest. charge), $400 w/ tax 36 months, 10,000miles per year, $1,700 of inception fees. I'm in northern NJ, are these figures reasonable? Thanks, J
    JM
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    Don't forget there is a $1500 conquest rebate if you own any luxury car.
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Car Man,

With what appears to be good incentives, the base TL may now be on my shopping list. Edmunds describes a couple of lease deals and I want to make sure I understand what is posted.

$349 / month 3 yr 30k tot miles. Down Payment $1650 plus $1999 due at signing and the offer also says dealer contribution of $1500 is required for $349 payment.

I also see dealer cash of $1500 and another $1500 of Acura loyalty money that I am eligible for.

I am trying to figure out how much $$ I need at signing for this deal. If I need $1650 + $1999 and the dealer cash is already baked in, do I then need to come up with $1650 + $1999 - $1500 (loyalty) = $2149 or do I take the dealer cash as well an only need $2149 - $1500 = $649.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    edited March 2013
    CarMan,

No need for the info requested in the above post. I actually got a car yesterday. Will post info at appropriate board.

Thank you again for your time and effort.
    Hey ml_driver. The $595 acquisition fee is charged by Acura Financial Services on every single lease. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge and they do not make any money off of it. So don't worry about that part of your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    edited April 2013
    Hi jmalazarte. The dealer invoice price of a 2013 TL SH-AWD is currently $37,893. If we subtract the $1,500 dealer cash that is available on the '13 base TL from that it drops to $36,393. The selling price that you were quoted is even lower than that, so it represents a very good deal.

There's also $1,500 loyalty / conquest cash out there that you may be able to take advantage of.

Just make sure the dealer uses Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00062 (for top tier customers in NJ) to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi albert72. If I was in the market for a 2013 TL, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over the dealer invoice price that's listed here at Edmunds.com minus the $1,500 dealer cash minus the $1,500 loyalty cash. Have them base your payment upon that selling price and you should be able to beat the advertised deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • mikelpnjmikelpnj Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man!

Not sure if this is a good deal. I haven't reviewed actual numbers yet, but was just quoted 349/mo with 2k down 12k a year lease. 36 mo lease. 13 tl tech package. Turning in my 2010 tl base model and am getting 15000 miles additional credit on lease. Dealer says it includes loyalty cash. Does his sound right?
  • mikelpnjmikelpnj Member Posts: 2
    Here is my deal. Need a sanity check on this.

2013 Tech Package
    - 38059 Invoice
    - 35534 Sales Price
    Minus 1500 Loyalty

Getting 12K Lease, but adding 15K Miles to it for unused miles on my 2010 that I am turning in.

56% Residual with a .00062 MF

$359.00 a Month

Out of pocket:

595 - Aquisition
    345 Motor Vehicles (3 years in NJ)
    First Months Payment - 359.00

1299 - due at signing.

Does this make sense? My lines are blurred.

Thanks all!
    Hi mikelpnj. Do you happen to know what this car's selling price is? It would make evaluating your deal easier.

Car_man
    Host
    Never mind, I see that you just posted it. The money factor that you were quoted is spot on. That's a good sign. The selling price that you were quoted looks great as well. This looks like a good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • aboeschaboesch Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease a 2013 TL w/Tech Package. What's the money factor for Maryland and thoughts on residual %? Also, any idea on when 2014 TLs are coming out? Wondering if it's better to wait to negotiate a lease if 2014 TLs are coming anytime soon..
  • artrahaartraha Member Posts: 1
    @mikelpnj

hi sounds like a great deal, i'm also on the market for the same car, what dealership is offering this price?
  • crg7crg7 Member Posts: 38
    Lease on 2010 TL is up next month and starting to get quotes for a new 2013 TL with Tech package. So far, received a quote for 36 month/15,000 miles at $403.83 plus tax with approximately $1500 due at inception in South Florida plus they will pick up my last remaining payment on my current lease. The advance package is about $40 more per month, not sure that it is worth it. Any thoughts/opinions? Thanks.
    Hello aboesch. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech with 15,000 miles per year in Maryland are .00100 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

I'm not sure when the 2014 version of this car is scheduled to arrive, but I haven't heard anything about it so it probably isn't soon.

Car_man
    Host
  • res332res332 Member Posts: 18
    Carman,

I was offered 36 month lease at 15K miles per year for $399 month which includes tax. I'm in PA and believe the tax is 9%. First month payment and tag due at signing for a total of $620. I'm coming off an Acura lease so Acura loyalty applies. Does this sound like a good deal? Also, what should same lease look like for the tech package?

Thanks
  • theericharris1theericharris1 Member Posts: 13
    My dealer has three SH-AWD Tech cars in stock on their website (listed as new with 5 miles).

What kind of lease deal could be made on these leftovers?
  • mikevi7mikevi7 Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    I am looking to potentially transfer my lease. I have a 2012 Acura TL AWD w/ Tech. Lease ends Feb 2015. It was 3 yr 36,000 mile lease and payment is $489/ month. Car has remote starter (installed by Acura dealer), tire insurance and only about 10,000 miles. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do this? Swapalease.com?

Thanks for your help in advance,
    Mike
  • chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    Swapalease isn't a silver bullet. I've used it once successfully and currently have two vehicles listed with great monthly payments that haven't moved in about a year. I do get a lot of questions on my lexus and e350 but have had a lot of people not pass either Lexus or Mercedes credit checks.

Try carmax. They'll make you an offer to buy it and hopefully you aren't too far under water. If your payment isn't great it won't move on swapalease unless you are willing to pay someone an incentive.

If you do go with swapalease you can haggle with the listing agent.
  • jjt6jjt6 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if Acura will extend the $1500 loyalty incentive?
This discussion has been closed.