Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• 2011oddy2011oddy Member Posts: 19
    Hello,

I would like to know the MF and resid on a 6-speed manual TL for either of these:

-2 year/20K lease (or 24K if Acura does not do 10K/year)
    -3 year/30K lease (or 36K if Acura does not do 10K/year)

Thanks!
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    I just had a dealer call me with what looks like a good deal: 36month, TL with tech $349/mo. including tax plus $2,500 total drive off (which I can reduce to $1,000 with loyalty). Here's the interesting part: Selling price is $36.536 which is a little on the high side, but the residual is $23,102 which is 63%. I can't figure how they can offer a residual that high.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Question regarding advertised or 'promo' lease offer and current incentives-

I'm helping a friend of my mom's find a replacement for her 2010 Infiniti G37 Journey 4-door. Her lease expires in about five weeks and she wants a lower payment than the $497/month she has been paying. The Acura TL (or TSX or even the Accord EX-L V6) all look like good candidates for a lower lease payment without having to sacrifice much on luxury and features.

The 2013 TL Base 4-door has a 36-month lease offer- $349/month for 36mos, $1650 down payment and dealer contribution of $1500 required.

They are also offering $1500 Conquest Cash that would apply since she currently has a 2010 Infiniti.

The $1500 Dealer Cash toward the lease can be combined with other offers.

The $1500 Conquest Bonus has to be used toward a lease or purchase through Acura Financial and can't be used on a $0 down lease offer.

Based on that information (and assuming the same incentives apply when she is ready to buy/lease), could she apply the $1500 Conquest toward the $1650 lease down payment???

I also realize that taxes, fees, title/reg fees, etc. are not included in the payment of $349. She has a credit score in the high 700s and owns a Physical Therapy practice, so she should qualify for any top-tier credit offers.

I'm quite savvy at negotiating a great PURCHASE deal. But I've never dealt with a LEASE transaction before. I understand the nuts and bolts from an intellectual perspective, but I'm not 100% confident that I can translate that into actual numbers! =)
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • osbar81osbar81 Member Posts: 11
    Hi car man,
    I need your help on a TL SH-AWD w/advanced pcg. I was offered $490.00 (Pre-tax) on 36-month lease/15k. No first month payment but Down is TTL+Doc fee.
    MSRP: $46280
    RV: 50%
    MF: 0.001

He said that he gave me the $2,000 cash back and $1,500 loyalty. Is this a good deal?
  • mlewis2mlewis2 Member Posts: 6
    Looking at 2013 TL w/tech package. MSRP 44783. Current dealer quote is 42789 cap cost, .0011 MF on 36 month 10k lease. I think the MF is high. Can anyone confirm the current MF for the Kansas City area? I am also seeing others paying in the $38k-$39k range...is this reasonable? Thanks.
  • suv800suv800 Member Posts: 41
    mlewis2,

2103 Acura TL w/Tech Package
    for only 10k 36month lease, your payment should be around $374.00 + tax(your local sales tax) + DMV (around $185.00), Your out the door should be no more than $600.00.
    Remember this is with no money down, no trade-in.

Here in new york, my calculation was $407.00 included sales tax of 8.875% plus the dmv and fees $157.50 (75+60+10+12.5)
    Do you have any idea what the money factor or final selling price was on your car?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi res332. It would be much easier for me to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide me with this car's selling price. Let me know and I'll tall you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi theericharris1. Acura is not providing lease support on leftover 2012 models any longer. As a result, if you really want to lease it probably would be cheaper, or at least very close, to go with a 2013 model at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jjt6. the loyalty cash was extended through July 8th.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello 2011oddy. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 TL with 12,000 miles per year are .00062 or .00100 and 66% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00062 or .00100 and 59%.

I listed two different money factors because the TL's lease program varies by region. If you tell me what state you are in I can tell you which one is available in your area.

If you were to lease with 10,000 miles per year, the residual values would be 1% higher.

There is currently a $1,500 dealer cash incentive on the base 2013 TL. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi osbar81. You really need to get the dealer to tell you exactly what selling price they are using to calculate your payment. If they are selling you this car at a couple hundred dollars over invoice and then subtracting the incentives they mentioned, then you are getting as good deal. If they're selling you the car at MSRP minus the incentive, then you're not.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi car man...what is current buy rate MF on a TL AWD w/tech pkg in Kansas/MO also residual? looking at 36 month 10k lease
  • ranjohnranjohn Member Posts: 17
    Hey man, what would be a 36/12, 0 down, tech + SH-AWD in NY/NJ?
    Here you go mlewis2. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech AWD with 10,000 miles per year in MO are .00100 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ranjohn. .00062 and 54% + $2,000 dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car man...much appreciated. Any info you have on the Lexus GS350 would be helpful as well. Thanks.
  • dallasnewcomerdallasnewcomer Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Moving to Dallas area. Looking to lease a '13 Acura TL w/ Advance Pkg.
    12k per year
    0 down
    what's a good monthly pymt?
    I was quoted $540 with 0 down on a 42,370 MSRP car.. that seems very high..
    Please help.
    Also looking to lease a '13 Acura ILX w/ Tech pkg for my wife..
    12k per year
    0 down.
    MSRP - 31,400
    I was quoted $334, 0 down.
    Also looking to lease a '13 Acura ILX w/ Tech pkg for my wife..
    12k per year
    0 down.
    MSRP - 31,400
    I was quoted $334, 0 down.
    MSRP $44080.00
    Selling Price $38245.00 (with dealers cash 2000 and loyalty 1500)
  • ob123ob123 Member Posts: 2
    Good morning Car Man;

Although I know I got a good deal on my TL I'm having a bit of trouble interpreting my lease paperwork. Pehaps you can help me by deconstructing the basic numbers which are as follows.

2013 TL Tech
    36 month lease
    10k miles a year
    0 down (just signed and drove it out)
    Payment is 399 monthy including tax which here in florida is 6.5%
    Got the prefered money factor and standard residual for 36 months I pressume.
    MSRP was $40530
    Just want to know how much was the car's selling price.

Thanks for any help you may provide.
  • 2011oddy2011oddy Member Posts: 19
    Unbelievable local dealer wants to charge an extra $50/month on their manual trans TL. This is on a 3/30 lease, so it is an $1800 premium. I laugh
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

what a joke!

Nice way to make a sale, guys...
  • ssayetssayet Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for some help and guidance.

Right now I have a 2010 Acura TL that I have my final lease payment June 4th. I spoke to the dealership I got the car from in Tucson Arizona and they offered to trade/give back my car and they would give me a new 2013 Acura TL tech, 12,000 miles a year, ZERO down (key for key) at $455 a month out the door.

Thoughts? Am I getting a good deal or can I do better?

They quoted me the advanced package 12,000 a year at $520 out the door.

Thank you in advanced.
    ssayet,
    If it's the TL SH-AWD with Tech package then it's acceptable.
    If your out the door $455 for a TL FWD then it's way high.
    Remember, the cost of $455 includes the sales tax.
    Selling price was $400 above the invoice then minus $2000 incentive.
  • res332res332 Member Posts: 18
    Carman,

I negotiated further and got the following deal. Base TL; 36 months @ 15K per year. Paid $540 out the door which includes 1st month payment. Monthly payment is $317, with tax comes to $347.

Here's the interesting part, about a week after I signed the contract, dealer called and told me the contract did not print properly and I need to sign it again. Go back and upon further questioning am told they needed to "move some numbers around" because Acura had some questions. My monthly payment, residual, money down and miles all stayed the same. The big changes I saw were as follows: (1) "gross capitalized cost" went from $32,643 to $33,333; (2) "capital cost reduction" went from $1350 up to $2040; (3) and "agreed upon value of the vehicle" went from $32,048 up to $32,783. Also, even though I can't see where I am spending any more for the lease (money down and monthly payments stayed the same) the "total of payments" on the revised lease agreement increased from $14,209 to $14,961. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Thanks for your help.
    Here is additional information for the offer I received.
    Selling price $38546.02
    Residual is 56%
    Money factor is 0.0006200
    36 months
    12k peryear
    the quote does include a $1,500 loyalty reduction
  • apunkinapunkin Member Posts: 1
    Is there a difference in the MF, Residual for 36m lease between the TL Base and TL Base + Tech
    thank you in advance
    You're welcome mlewis2. Please post any questions that you have about leasing a GS350 in the following discussion:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.ef9da3e/681

Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ob123. The selling price, or at least your car's capitalized cost, should be listed on your paperwork. That would be a lot easier way to find out how much you paid than trying to back into the selling price, especially since I'm not familiar with how Florida calculates sales tax on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi res332. It's strange that the dealer had you come back and sign a new lease, but as long as the payment, term and mileage allowance are exactly the same and you didn't give them any more money I don't see any problem.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi apunkin. The addition of the Tech package does not alter the TL's money factor, but it does lower the money factor by 3%.

Car_man
    Host
  • drewdudedrewdude Member Posts: 3
    Wow, that's sounds great. What state are you in? The $540 include everything OTD?
    CarMan, do you know if the current TL $1,500 loyalty credit is only good for another TL or can it be used toward a new RDX lease? I just got a call from my sales guy. My 2010 TL lease is up in Sept. and he offered to get me into a new one for about $389/mo with 12L/yr and around $1,200 down. Looks like a terrible deal compared to the one listed by res332 above. I really would not like to put down more that $600-700 -- all in. Any suggestions? Thx.
  • knudsenjknudsenj Member Posts: 4
    CarMan, can you share money factor and residuals for Utah for TL FWD and TL FWD Tech for 10 and 12k miles at the Super Preferred Credit Tier. I'd like to run some numbers before visiting the dealership.

I browsed the forum and didn't see that exact combo. Thanks in advance.
    Hi drewdude. The $1,500 owner loyalty incentive that is available on the 2013 TL is good for current owners of any Acura who get a new TL. You can't use it on an RDX.

September is really far away. Chances are that you aren't going to get the best deal that you could if you get out of your current lease this early. You're going to be better off waiting until your closer to the scheduled end of your current lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello knudsenj. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL FWD with 12,000 miles per year in Utah are .00100 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 TL Tech FWD are .00100 and 56%.

If you were to lease with 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Acura is currently providing $1,500 dealer cash on the base and $2,000 on the Tech versions of this car. There's another $1,500 conquest / loyalty cash available on top of that. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for your feedback, Car Man!
  • res332res332 Member Posts: 18
    Drewdude,

I'm in PA. Yes, $540 was everything to drive off, including 1st payment. 36 month lease @ 15K miles per year through Acura leasing. Monthly payment of $319 plus tax which brought it to $347.
  • mjs560mjs560 Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    My lease on my 2010 TL is up June 30th and I am about to lease another AWD Base TL (non-tech). I am eligible for the $1,500 loyalty incentive and plan on trading in a Camry that I should receive 3K for.

I am looking for input on how I should approach the negotiation. What have other buyers paid recently for an AWD TL with 12k/year? Please reply back with the dealer name if you were happy with your buying experience.
  • chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    Try to keep the Camry as a separate transaction. Carmax will make you an offer or tell Acura you want to sell them the Camry. There is no sense in paying down that much of the lease because of the potential to lose that money should something happen to your new lease.
  • burner54burner54 Member Posts: 1
    Res332 - I just leased a base TL in New Jersey for $2500.00 down on a 36 mo lease with 10k miles per year. Including taxes & fees, I'm paying $310.00 a month. Dealer paid for my last 3 months payments of $259.00 a mo for my 2010 Sonata, also picked up my $400.00 disposition fee. Also chipped in $1500.00 from the Conquest Program. That brought total down to $4000.00 I thought I did well but after reading the deal you made, it looks like I didn't? Any input would be appreciated!!!
  • weekend1014weekend1014 Member Posts: 7
    Hello Carman...My apologies for not including you in my post (#3020) from yesterday as I truly value your opinion. It was a reply to res366! I would like to know your thoughts on my just completed lease of a 2013 Acura TL FWD. I put $2500.00 down on a 36 mo/10K mile a yr. lease.
    The dealer paid off my last 3 mo of $259.00 payments on my 2010 Sonata. Dealer also included $1500.00 Conquest Program and paid my $400.00 disposition fee. Acquisition fee was$595.00. With all taxes and fees included, I'm paying $310.00 a month /36 months. Let me know your thoughts???
    You're very welcome drewdude.

Car_man
    Host
    No apology necessary, weekend1014 :). Do you happen to know what selling price the dealer charged you for your new TL? That would make evaluating your deal much easier.

Car_man
    Host
  • falamiifalamii Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I have two questions.

1) Does the current Conquest incentive applies to current (lease matures in Aug.) lessee of Audi's (I do not plan to trade my lease in) or it only applies to the owners of Audi's?

2) If I qualify for this incentive, is this something that comes around often? In other words, should I take advantage of this deal (if I qualify) before it expires in July?

Thank you.
  • weekend1014weekend1014 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for getting back to me Carman! I will gather all of the info - selling price, residual price, etc; asap and let you know. Thanks again!!!
    Hi falamii. The conquest cash incentive is available to both current owners and lessees of Audi vehicles. Conquest cash is not something that's always there on Acura vehicles, but Acura does usually have a decent level of support on the TL through a combination of some sort of cash incentive, special financing rate and lease support.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.