Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, weekend1014. Sounds good. Talk to you soon.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • weekend1014weekend1014 Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    Hello Carman - The following is the numbers for my lease of the TL FWD:
    Sticker Price is $36,800 - includes $895.00 Dest Charge
    Paid $2500.00 out of pocket - $1500.00 by dealer = $4000.00 down includes first month payment of $310.00
    Gross Capitalized Cost Reduction - 34457.00
    Capitalized Cost Reduction - $2425.00
    Adjusted Cap Cost - $32032.00
    Residual Value at end of Lease - $22080.00
    Agreed upon value of vehicle - $29775.00
    Estimated Taxes & Fees during Lease Term - $1003.00 - N.J. is 7%
    Total Cost Of Lease - $36930.00
    Monthly Payment of $310.00 = $11160.00 over 36 mo - Total paid by end of Lease - $14850.00
    Acquisition Fee - $595.00
    Doc Fees - $348.00
    As stated before - dealer paid off 2011 Sonata lease @ 3 months of $259.00 = $777.00 and disposition fee 0f $400.00
    I think that's everything. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks Carman!!!
  • momo20momo20 Member Posts: 3
    I am really interested in leasing an Acura TL in Florida - MSRP $36,800 - 36 months @ 10K per year.

I see all these ads for amazing lease deals ads in the newspaper which are false to me.

Can anybody suggest what I should pay per month with $0 out of pocket - I do understand I have to pay 1st month, tag, and title fee

Please advise what I should be paying per month
    Hi weekend1014. The dealer invoice price of a base 2013 TL is $34,607. There's $1,500 dealer cash that Acura is providing on this model, lowering the invoice price to $33,107. So if I was in the market for this car, I would look to pay around $33,500 give or take a little bit before the reduction of any capitalized cost reduction on my part. I always advise consumers not to make cap cost reductions on leases.

If I am interpreting your post correctly, it looks like the dealer charged you more like $1,350 over invoice rather than the $500 or so that I personally would have wanted. If so, there's probably a little room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • jwfrostjwfrost Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car_man,

Do you have updated June #'s for the Acura TL AWD for both the Tech and Advance packages with 15k miles/year. I assume the 1500 conquest cash and 2000 marketing cash is still available for both of these packages?

Thank you

jwf
    Thanks for the info Carman - Looks like I got ripped!!! I'll know better next time! I wish I had known about you and this forum beforehand. Thanks again Carman for your interest and service. All the best!!!
  • chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    Carman
    I'll be getting two new vehicles in the coming weeks and unfortunately won't have the buying power of making both transactions at once. I'll be getting a TL and TSX wagon. I want to take advantage of the vehicle with the best current incentives as the next deal may not happen until July.

What are the current incentives on both vehicles? I'll qualify for conquest.

Also what are the current figures for the base models of both vehicles for 36 months at 10K and 12K miles?

thanks
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    "I'll be getting two new vehicles in the coming weeks and unfortunately won't have the buying power of making both transactions at once. I'll be getting a TL and TSX wagon. I want to take advantage of the vehicle with the best current incentives as the next deal may not happen until July.

What are the current incentives on both vehicles? I'll qualify for conquest."

Hi there,

Car man is THE man, but until he has a chance to answer, I'll share what info I have-

2013 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
    Currently there are two special lease offers-

$1999 due at signing (includes 1st pymt of $309)
    $309/month for 36 months
    10,000 miles per year allowed
    OR
    $0 down payment ($360 1st payment may be due at signing)
    $360/month for 36 months
    *Both include $500 Dealer Contribution included in both

2013 Acura TL 'Base' 3.5

$1499 due at signing (includes 1st payment of $319)
    $319 per month for 36 months
    *Includes $1500 Dealer Contribution + $1500 Conquest Cash

NOTE- they also have a $0 down payment lease offer on the TL, but the $1500 Conquest Cash can't be combined with the $0 down lease.

Also, have you heard about the 2013 Acura TL 'Special Edition'? It was just announced on 6/07/13, so it's not on dealer lots yet, but will be soon. It stickers for $1500 more than the Base model, but it looks like they're going to offer a lease special that matches the Base ($1499 due @ signing, $319/month).

The Special Edition (SE) adds 10-spoke 18" wheels, rear spoiler and Keyless Access w/ Push-Button Start. Each remote fob stores driver's seat position, mirrrors, cllimate control & audio system preferences (including presets) for each driver, which is very cool.

The SE will only be offered in four colors-

Bellanova White Pearl
    Crystal Black Pearl
    Graphite Luster Metallic
    Silver Moon

And all SE models have Ebony (Black) Leather with contrasting stitching.

It's well worth a look, IMO.

BTW, the 'Competitor Conquest Offer' applies only to TL models.

Good luck. I'm a big fan of the TSX Sport Wagon and have seriously considered getting one. FYI, there are still quite a few 2012 TSX Sport Wagons still out there and might be worth checking out....
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
    Thanks for the info. I wouldn't have known about the SE TL.

car_man please include residuals on the Se as well.
    Hey jwf. Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL AWD with Tech and Advance and 15,000 miles per year are .00062 to .00100 (they vary by state) and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, the $1,500 loyalty / conquest and $2,000 dealer cash incentives are indeed still available.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome weekend1014. I wouldn't say that you got ripped off, just that you might have been able to do better. Enjoy your new car and you'll get an even better deal next time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi chuckjr. Acura is currently providing $1,500 owner loyalty / conquest cash and $1,500 to $2,000 dealer cash (depending upon the trim level) on the 2013 TL.

There is a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2013 TSX Wagon.

Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL with 15,000 miles per year are .00062 to .00100 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The money factor varies by state.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 TSX Wagon are .00046 and 58%.

The 12k residuals are 2% higher. The 10k residuals are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_Man - I'm sure I speak for all of us - thank you so much for all of your help and input!!! My wife's lease of her Lexus ES 350 is up in December. I will be sure to contact you beforehand!!!
    You're very welcome weekend1014. Thank you for the kind words :). Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
  • nacklesnackles Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Carman,

Trying to decide betw TL and RDX. What are Acura's June lease money factor and residual for 36 and 48 mth 12k mi for 2013 TL FW Tech and 2014 RDX FW Tech in Houston, Texas? Tax rate 6.25%. Trying to go with $0 down leasing option.

I know Acura is offering loyalty incentive of $1500 and dealer incentive of $2000 but only for 2013 TL. So cost for TL less expensive. Want to try to take advantage of incentives and current residuals by July 8th before deal ends.

What should I negotiate as far as price? I have a dealer offering $33800 for TL Tech and $36800 for 2014 RDX Tech both OTD (TTL etc included). These quotes are just based on price not on leasing. How do these prices sound to start cap cost? Gap not included.

Thanks for your help. Want to get the best deal possible.
  • rfb38rfb38 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

Do you have July money factor and residual values for a TL with Tech in the metro Washington area? I live in MD. Best deal I have so far comes out to $420 per month with 0 down for 36 months with 10K miles per year.

Thanks for the help!
  • beamer55beamer55 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Carman and everyone -
    I test drove a 2013 TL with Tech only.

The numbers the dealer came up with are:

36month lease with 10K per year.
    $550 due at signing. (1st month and taxes)
    $395 + tax per month.

can you guys tell me if this is a good deal or is there more room? Im getting ready to start grad school and trying to stay safe on my budget of $300 a month...
    Hi nackles. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech FWD in Houston Texas with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for a TL right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the cash incentives that you mentioned. You can find this car's dealer invoice price here: New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rfb38. Acura Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech FWD with 15,000 miles per year in Maryland are .00098 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi beamer55. To me, the easiest way to tell if you are getting a good deal on this car (because I haven't worked up payments on every variant) is to look at the selling price. On a 2013 TL, you should be at a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus the available $2,000 dealer cash and the $1,500 owner loyalty slash conquest cash. You can find this car's dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks CarMan! I`ll check it and see what the dealer comes up on the final price - will keep you posted.

Regards!
    Hi Car_Man,

Just a quick question - I looked at the total Invoice of the TL with Tech and it shows $38,059, should i Minus the $2000 Dealer Cash and the $1500 Loyalty from the selling price to calculate the lease?

Also, when I check the TMV it shows $37,355.

I'm not sure of the residual & MF for 36month/10k miles.

Thanks for all your help in advance!
    Thanks car_man
    I'm in California. It looks like I'll take delivery of both cars this weekend.

What are the money factors and incentives for the base TL AND TSW WAGON for July?
    I'm in California.

Thanks again.
    I took delivery of both a base TL and base TSX wagon this weekend.

Looking at the paperwork I realize I left some money on the table. They matched the price USAA quoted but they took the $1500 conquest off a higher sales price to get there. I guess there was another $1500 I could have shaved.

I dealt with this dealer because he was the closest to LA with a base TSX wagon but they don't have a dedicated internet salesman so it took a lot of back and forth (nonsense).

Adjusted cap $31.9K including $1500 conquest (which they charged me sales tax on)
    three years 10K - $316/ month pre-tax.
    $0 down other than drive off.

I also leased the base wagon w the same terms and a sales price of $30.9 at $334/month
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    I my negotiations with different dealers, I found that the tactic of either subtracting incentives from a higher sale price or claiming that incentives are part of the dealer's already "low, low" price is very common. For example one dealer (not an Acura dealer) advertised $6,000 off the MSRP, but when I asked for my $1k private offer, he replied, that it was already included in the reduction. In another forum, a buyer complained that even after several requests, he still didn't have a selling price on the car he wanted. Always negotiate a selling price and then ask for any company/dealer incentives.
  • mrminsky1mrminsky1 Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2013
    After shopping around I ended up leasing a 13 TL SPECIAL EDITION for $386 which includes all my taxes. Keep in mind GA charges the full amount of the tax up front which is basically 6.5 percent of the cost of the car at the expense of no charging the annual ad valorem taxes. So about $2400 divided by the 36 months or about $65 a month. I put down $1000 out of pocket which includes my first month premium. Some people put zero money down, but I really wanted to be under $400 a month. The dealership also included a 3 year maintenance plan for the car which includes all basic services such oil and tire rotation every six months or every 5000 miles. Could I have done better? Maybe. Overall, I think this is a steal for what it offers. The Upgraded tires, wheels, leather, keyless ignition, and spoiler are well worth the price especially for the the extra $15 or so on the lease. Driving this car for less than $400 a month and in some States for $350 is a steal.... Folks, Camry and Accord prices!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. Came out of a 2010 G37 and I like having the extra room inside. Loved my G37 and hopefully my new TL will prove to be as reliable. don't mind giving up the extra few ponies and rear wheel for the extra space and comfort....
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Sometimes there's a huge mark up like with the c class right now, so sometimes you might not now how deep you can go.
    You're very welcome beamer55.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey beamer55. It depends upon what sort of selling price that you are able to negotiate with the dealer. A capitalized cost of invoice minus these incentives certainly would be attractive.

Acura Financial Services July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TL Tech with 10,000 miles per year are .00061 to .00098 (they vary by state) and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    Is this for any tl? What are the July MF, residual values for all tl trims please?
  • monkey213monkey213 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

Today, I leased my first Acura TL 2013 Base. I paid $816 out of pocket and paying $385 a month including tax on 15K miles per year. Do you think this is a good deal?

Thanks,
    r
  • carguy778carguy778 Member Posts: 33
    Can you please give more details about your lease.
    what details would u like to know? I'm in Northern California.
    Here is more info from the lease print out they gave me

Selling price: $31600.00
    acquisition fee: $595
    License fee: $316
    gross cap cost: $32195.00

Vehicle cost: $35021.50

net cap cost: $32195.00
    MSRP: $36800
    Residual: 56%
    residual amount: $20608

rate/money factor: .00061

base monthly payment: 354.07
    tax: 31.87
  • dan_0dan_0 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2013
    All,
    I am at the end of my second tsx lease, and just leased a sienna limited for the wife, so leasing is familiar.

I am not that familiar with how to approach end-of-lease decisions, and what I should factor in.

I have a '10 tsx base, black in very good cond with 45K miles. Lease matures in OCT. Residual on it is 16,895.

I am considering handing it back and leasing a TL, or buying out the TSX.

I am hoping to get advice on this as well as MF, incentives and residuals on '13-14 TL SE's in NY or PA(I'm on the border)
    Any help is appreciated!
  • nomisnynomisny Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2013
    Hi CarMan and all:
    I have three months left on my Infinity g37x lease (paying a little over $400/mo w/ only first month and tags out of pocket). I figured that, with the conquest cash available to offset my remaining Infiniti payments and dealer cash available (I heard $2,000), that I would be able to get into a 6MT (36 months/12k year) for a good rate. I've gotten a couple of quotes on the mid 500s which seemed high for a car nearing the end of its life. After some back and forth I'm getting quotes in the 500 range with $1,000 total out of pocket and a check back to me to cover the remaining lease payments on the g37.

I know the 6MT may not lease as well as the other more popular models but I was thinking more like $450/month. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • nebuyernebuyer Member Posts: 3
    Carman - can you update the residual and money factor for leases in sept? I am looking at a base model, 12k per year, though also considering a SE model.

Lastly, with the 2014 model just being announced this weekend, would you think there will be a big push to move the remaining '13s? All the incentives expired last week (loyalty, dealer cash).

Thanks Carman!!!!!
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Acura is advertising the 2013 TL ‘Base’ promo lease terms-

36 months, 10k miles/year
    $1999 due at signing, $349/month
    OR
    $0 due at lease signing, $0 first month payment, $390/month for 35 months

BUT, I would push for an SE model and 12k miles/year with these terms!
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • nebuyernebuyer Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    Thanks, though they have been advertising that for a long time. Last week I 'thought' I bought a car, and with the incentives and loyally I was at 327 + tax/mo, with no money down. But, the dealer over -promised and can't locate the color combo I want. So, I am shopping again, but the incentives seem to be gone....
  • echachi81echachi81 Member Posts: 9
    I was offered a 2013 Acura TL SE for 398/ month with taxes and 1st month upfront for approx 1500.00 @ Curry Acura in New York. I was there this past friday.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    I don't have any 2014 numbers...

2013 TLs have special money factors.... either .00061 or .00098, depending on what state you live in.... but, I don't have the residual percentages..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    There are very few 2013 TL's left right now, due to incentives.

With 12k per year, the residuals are as follows for 2013's:

Base = 56%
    SE = 55%
    Tech = 53%

2014's have not shown up yet, and will not have cash on them like the 2013's.

2014 Residuals
    Base = 59%
    SE = 58%
    Tech = 56%

Money factors will vary based on your region.
    Being offered $315m 12/36. Everything rolled in.

Is this a good lease rate?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555
    carguy778:

MSRP?
    Selling price?
    Residual amount or Pct?
    Down Payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I just have this $315/m 12/36. Zero at sighning. Just $315 x36.
  • sacdriversacdriver Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2013
    Can you please give me the residual and money factor on a 2013 base TL, 3 years, 10,000 miles a year. Location - northern CA (Sacramento).

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    The 2013 TL has a special money factor of .00061 that carried over from September, but I don't have any residual information..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wbk1234wbk1234 Member Posts: 1
    About to go sign lease.

13 TL with TECH and AWD.

12K miles per year
    Maintenance included

Sticker: $44,080
    Selling Price: $37,500

$1K down including fees, reg, first payment
    $499.00 per month including tax.

First time leasing. Any help is appreciated.

Good deal???
    Hello Carman...Hope all is well! My wife's 2011 Lexus ES-350 lease is over in December 2013. Received a quote from our dealer here in New Jersey of $2500.00 down - $389.00 a month for 36 months. Our current Lexus has 20,000 miles on it. This would be our third Lexus with this particular dealer. I think he could do better with the monthly payment! Any suggestions or thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks Weekend 1014
    Sorry Carman...Retail Price is 41K. $389.00 a month includes taxes. Dealer paying last month and disposition fee. Currently paying $399.00 a month for the 2011 ES-350. I don't have the other info as yet. Thanks again!!!
This discussion has been closed.