Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Acura dealers will typically take advantage of any moment, such as a new year, body style, or anything really to boost the prices. Although, when they are not moving as fast, they'll have to do something. Honda and Acura have been known to do this.

Now is not the time for a company to mess around with numbers. It won't last long, but will take a while for the newness to wear off.

We as customers must be careful to not fall in that trap too. $100 more a month to have it in your drive way? Worth it? Perhaps? but the TSX is nothing new. Don't fall for it. Its not like were being cheap, but we want what is right and fair. Walk out if they can't atleast be fair. :)
  • fastfeetfastfeet Member Posts: 9
    You say you can get a great deal on 09??? Where not in NY. There are no more 2009 TSX's left. maybe one or two, i've checked it out. So, what kind of deal are u getting and what city??? I still feel like i'm getting screwed my this dealer. I have one more day to pull out.
    why do the dealers keep telling me they stopped production on 09's in feb...and there are none left??

I' have not been offered any of the incentives you talk about

All they tell me is that the 2010 will be so much more a month to lease
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    FastFeet

I live in Florida. Dealer is giving me a 09 TSX Tech for 29k

What kind of deal are you getting?
  • marc52marc52 Member Posts: 17
    I also live in florida, what dealer are you going to?
    I am looking to lease a 09 or 10 TSX 4 cylinder base car. I have a trade worth $7200 on a trade or $ 8500 selling it privately. Trading is easier. I plan to keep it at least 7 years. I also do not want to put anything down. I would rather use my trade as a down stroke and buy it at the end of the lease rather than buy it with the trade to keep my payment lower for now. Paying it off is not going to be a problem. How does a trade-in affect a lease deal? With the curent deal of $299 a month for 36 and 2405 down, they advertise 3299 due at signing. How do they get to 3299 from 2409 down. What do I look for in negotiating a price with my trade? I am confused.
    wow i am getting screwed 30,275. price of car 09 tsx tech
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    You do not, and I repeat you do not want to trade a car worth $7200 on a lease. Buy the car instead.

From leasecompare.com:

Because you pay for the use of a vehicle during a lease, you should put as little money down as possible, up front. Although putting money down can lower your lease payments (by reducing your capitalized cost) in most cases it cannot be regained in the event of early termination due to a loss.

For example, a customer once leased a Toyota 4Runner and put $3,000
    down as a cap reduction. Five months later the vehicle was totaled in an
    accident. The client's insurance paid its portion of the lease payoff and
    Gap Insurance paid the balance. Our client walked away with only paying
    his insurance deductible but he did not get reimbursed for his initial down
    payment of $3,000. It was lost.

The moral of this true story is to put as little money down as possible,
    ideally no money down.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    So as I understand it the risk is if the car is totalled. My payments would have been much smaller but I would loose my $7200 down payment. I should buy it reducing my payments and owning it outright.
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    Now you get into the buy vs lease situation. I think that many in the media called leases (fleeces) is that many just dont understand a car lease. Some people just understand the monthly payment whether it is a buy or a lease. My way of looking at it, if you can basically pay for the actual depreciation of the car (per a lease)you are doing well. If you buy a car your loan should be for 5 years max. If you do the math-for example a car loan at 6%/30K car/5 years with 3000.00 down will get you an 821.00 car payment. The same car using a lease program may yield a cost of 400-450 a month (estimate). If you buy a car and drive it for many years probably near or after year 5 you will be ahead of the game. If you buy a car every 3-4 yrs and trade in, the lease is the way to go. This assumes you buy a car with good residual values like honda, lexus,bmw, infiniti etc.

Rob
    Looking at a 2009 TSX base, What is a fair price with nothing down.
    The current deal is 299/month, 2405/down and 3299/due at signing. How do you convert this to nothng down with a good buyout price. I do anticipate buying it at end of lease and keeping it for at least 7 years.
    All help is appreciated.
    Just diviide the Money down over the term. So 299 a month with 3000 down for 36 months is 299 + (3000/36) = 83

383 with no money down

Just to give you a ballpark number
    In my earlier post a few up I mention how most people dont understand a lease. Your post is an example of this. I am blunt but I dont want a person like you new to leasing to get screwed.

#1 Buyout terms on a lease are generally not favorable. In faxt you can return the car to the dealer and basically buy it back at a lesser amount on the contract. Only one time did it make sense for me as I was way under mileage.

#2 If you are keeping a car for 7+ years buy it for get the lease. I think there are some special interest rate deals for Acura?

#3 You lease because you want the flexibility of the lease and you dont want to buy the car.

BTW that deal you have is terrible. You ask for a SIGN and drive lease. You need to do better on an 09 base model than that. You cannot negotiate buyout price with American Honda.

Rob
    On a 2010 base TSX for 36 months. I do want to buy it at the end of the lease. I am going to use money from my private sale to make the payments and buy it at the end. For 36 months what is a good monthly payment and buyout price.
    Nothing down ofcourse!
    Forget the buyout price. Its set by American Honda. Per a lease deal like this it is not relevant. If you mean you want to buy the car from American Honda at the end of the lease and then sell the car for a profit? This is fairly difficult. Unless you are under miles there wont be a big spread. I am not sayign its not possible, but I would not worry about that.

Rob
    Why would you go through a lease when you plan on buying it at the end of three years? If you buy it instead of leasing it you don't get hit with the $595 bank fee.

As someone else already said there is no negotiation of the buyout price. That price is MSRP X the residual % set by Honda Finance. You negotiate the selling price.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Chicago, Il area add for the TSX base is $272.00 Mo, with $2,272.00 down, including first months payment.
    Nothing about an acquisition fee included. TTL extra.
    I am in the process of getting an internet quote on the bottom line selling price to see if any of the $2,000.00 balance can be reduced from the selling price and then added to the 36 monthly payments.
    Will advise on the pricing I receive.
    As long as you credit is very good, you can put down any amount (even $0) when you lease. Ignore the "lease deals" that say you need to put down X amount.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • smpatesmpate Member Posts: 9
    Just bought an '09 TSX Tech Grigio/Ebony in Houston, TX.

15k/yr, 36mo, only first month's down, dealer threw in tint. Literally drove home after cutting a check for $425.

Probably could have saved a few more bucks, but I thought it was fair. Sales price was $29,035 on my contract.

Based on my experience, people looking for 12k/yr should be getting closer to $400 per month with first month's down.

What do people think?
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Wow!

I like that deal! So perhaps I could get a deal like under $400 for 12k? But, I am thinking that I need 15k. I am roughly about 3,500miles over.. where I should be for my current lease. I am not worried, as I am going to trade it early anyway.

Nice deal. I need to make a point of going 1hr away to drive one.
  • sandeep1sandeep1 Member Posts: 3
    Hey. I'm in the process of leasing Acura TSX 2009 with Tech Package, the quote I got is 399/month 15,000 miles/year and with 2,200 $ down. Do u think its a good deal? or what do u think will be good one?
    Hey, I'm in the process of leasing Acura TSX 2009 with Tech Package, the quote I got is 399/month 15,000 miles/year and with 2,200 $ down. Do u think its a good deal? or what do u think I can get better deals??
    Can't judge a lease deal without knowing the selling price of the car.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    FYI I was just offered a base 09 TL for 400 a month plus tax. Sign and drive no cap cost reduction orbs fees.

There is alot of support on the TL with Tech. That car may be in the 450 range. Comparing the deals I say 450 a month with first month and tags is better than an 09 TSX (smaller engine) less features.

good Luck
    rob
    Well the MSRP is 33,020 and the capital reduction cost is 1,128.76 $.
    This is not necessarily true. Depending on the state you live in (tax rate) and what other fees are getting charged (acquisition fee) etc, we can pretty much deduce the selling price. We know the MSRP and we know the cap reduction.

However- yesterday was the last day for Acura's Money Factor rates and dealer cash on the car. You will have to wait until later today when Honda Finance releases the new numbers. If it stays the same - you have an extra 500 you should be able to save

If they get rid of the dealer cash or bump the MF - that might be the best you can do

Again - tell them you dont want any cap reduction and then shoot for 425-450 and you will be in good shape with 0 money down
    2009 TSX with tech actually has more features than a base TL

All the base TL has going for it is the bigger engine
    It is amazing to me how difficult it is for car dealers to get to pricing. The car market is the worst it has been in maybe 10-20 years+. I posted earlier than TLs can be had for these price ranges 425-450. I always feel that patience prevails. I also will switch cars or brands to find the best deal for that car.A guy just called me and he is the biggest Acura dealer in the US. So far he is offering me the highest prices. I dont care the seize of the dealer. If the guy worked out of garage that would be fine with me.

Remember only love something that can love you back.

Rob
  • buystampsbuystamps Member Posts: 8
    hi-do you mind sharing the dealer; looking to purchase '09 or '10-thanks-marc
  • buystampsbuystamps Member Posts: 8
    do you mind sharing the dealer; am considering the same car.... thanks-marc
  • leedgatorleedgator Member Posts: 3
    Traded in 2007 Ridgeline RLT, with $6000+/- in negative equity for 2010 TSX , ended up at:
    $1500 down,
    $530/month for 42 months
    15K miles / year...
    purchase price $28K
    I figure the $4500net diff between negative equity and inital down equates to roughly a $110/month figure dealer should earn something on that money so call it $125/month thus without the negative equity calculated into the monthly I figure I am paying roughly 405/month for the 2010TSX ...I think I could have done better...at least I am getting 10mpg more and since roughly 10K of miles I drive are reimbursed at 51.5cents per mile the vehicle almost pays for itself. I would appreciate anyone elses analysis, as I have been second guessing myself since I left the dealer...not on the car but the deal...
    Hard to say ..what area are you from???
    IDK I just leased an 09 tsx w/ tech and i def think i could have done a lot better
    Drive the car first, I came from a TL 6 cyl to a 4 cyl It seems awfully loud & blue tooth is not great either. I m not sure if it's all the tsx or if i got a lemon???
    Appreciate other opinions
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    Ok, first time potential leaser here. Reading these forums for weeks makes me think / hope someone smart is out there, and is willing to be patient / redundant with a question I'm sure has been asked before.

Someone mentioned if your credit is very good, you maybe wouldn't have to place a down payment on the lease. Is this true?

What's the point in negotiating the price down from MSRP if you go with an Acura lease incentive whose residual is based on the MSRP, and not what you haggle down to? Plus, In my state tax is paid monthly, and so is lower than based on the final cost, so no tax break on haggling down as I see it.

So I wonder--if the current lease special for a '10 Tech is, say, $389 for 36mths, tax might take me up to around $420/mth. Would a 5 year loan be that much more? Help? Have pity?
    You've won me over!!!!!! I'm learning. Thanks for schooling me.
    You need good credit for a lease. This has nothing to do with a downpayment or a cap cost reduction. When you get a lease quote you tell them you want sign and drive. You want to pay for first month and tags, not thousands of dollars. Oh sir we can lower your payments if you do a cap cost? What fools go for that? Example 400 a month lease or 300 a month with 3600 down. Which is better. Answer 400 a month. Forget current lease specials and national ads. Those rates either can be beat or have big cap costs. Often I can get sign and drive or lower on the same lease. Do your homework and read many posts here. I tend to think many lease buyers get fleeced. Also your payment on a loan even at the low interest rate is a larger payment by far. Use a loan calculator on this site. If you trade in cars every 3-4 years, leasing makes sense from 10-15K miles. 12,000 mile leases are standard. If you keep cars 5 yrs or more than a buy might work out better for you. Dont think too hard or try to come up with too many theories. For me I follow the bottom line leases mentioned here. Total costs. Use your local taxes though.

Rob
  • wculbert1wculbert1 Member Posts: 16
    Anybody know what Honda is offering on residuals and money factors for the new 6 cyl?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi wculbert1. I have seen Acura's lease program for the new 2010 TSX and I would be happy to help you out. This car's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TSX V6 non-Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00243 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks, and sorry I didn't give all the details. Interested in 36 months with 12K per year.
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual for the non-V6 TSX for July? The 2009 base and 2009 tech as well as the 2010 base and 2010 tech. Thanks!

From what I have seen......the numbers dont look as good as last month.
    Just saw that the base TSX 09 lease offering went from $272.00,mo., 10K/36 mo. with $2,272.00 down to $397.00 for 10k/48 mo with $2,272. in the Chicago area. This is an 2009, not the 2010. Similar increases on the other Acura models. Good way to improve sales especially when overall Acura YTD sales are down some 35%
    Those prices are terrible. Never do a 48 month lease! 36 max. Sign and drive leases only. No cap cost leases. Get the bottom line price. I think you might have to pay the sales tax up front in Chicago. Walk away if the deal is no good. All Honda leases are based on 12K a year. I have no idea why they quote 10K? How about calling some of the dealers in Milwaukee. Maybe they have better pricing?

Rob
    All Honda leases are based on 12K a year

No they are not. You can get 10,12, & 15k
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Only one Acura dealer in Milwaukee owned by the Acura dealer in Madison, WI. I agree with you 110 %. They are only shooting themselves in the foot. Back to the basics, its only a piece of iron. Fall in love with the deal not the car.

I have attempted to work with several dealers, based on their figures one would think the recession is over and so is the 9.5 % unemployment rate. TSX sales alone were down 53.1% for June 2009
    Down 53% and yup, everyone is acting like the recession is over. Folks, this recession is gonna get worse because we have no alternative energy sources or infrastructure to deliver that potential new energy, and oil has peaked, and demand is going up in the Far East. That's my soapbox du jour. Now someone give me a deal!
    There are some online car brokers that will get you the car at the right price or ship it to you. It sounds crazy but it might work even if it cost a few hundred in delivery costs. That is if you want this car. Search the internet and check them out. Locally I was offered a TSX with tech with nothing down on a leftover. I ended up getting a TL for $20.00 more TL with tech. (Zero cap fees etc)

Rob
    You can get 10K on a Honda lease but 99% are based on 12K or 15. The cost between 10-12K miles will very extremely small on this car. For the price they quoted him that should have been 12K anyway.

Rob
  • leedgatorleedgator Member Posts: 3
    I'm in S FLA, my '10 TSX hasn't had any bluetooth issues, nor have I noticed much road noise except maybe slightly at high speeds/bumpy roads, but then I have driven a truck for 10+yrs so I am a bit numb to it. Nothing the radio cant fix , particularly with your Tech sound system. (I shouldve opted for tech...oh well)

My biggest pet peeve with the vehicle thus far is that they managed to omit 2nd row A/C vents? How?

I really enjoy driving the TSX, athough I do miss my Ridgelines AWD which although was tough on gas felt like it was glued to the road doing 90 in the pouring rain, not sure I will do that with FWD . I imagine your TL being a bit heavier probably felt similar and definately did if you had the AWD.
  • avalon2000avalon2000 Member Posts: 25
    All should take a look at www.truecars.com wherein you can get the REAL transaction numbers of actual sales prices in your local and regional area, up to the national level. Works for vehicles upon which they have the data, which are most. I have found the REAL sales prices much lower than www.carsdirect.com, in most instances. I spoke to a few dealers about this new site, and once they saw it their jaws dropped in disgust! ;)

My latest calculation for a new 2009 TSX w/Tech Pkg in NYC metro area for 36 mo./15k is:

Sticker: $33,070
    Base: $28,750 [based upon what actually sold]
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: .00198
    Sales Tax: 8.375%
    Mo. Lease: $409.43 incl. sales tax

add upfront first month, tags, Honda fee.

Only thing I'd add, personally, are splash guards and wheel locks.

Too bad Acura no longer offers OnStar, I had it in my 2003 TL-S, currently have it in my 2007 Saab 9-7X 5.3. Absolutely terrific service, worth every penny!