Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    The difference between a 10k & 12k lease is that the 10k lease will have a 1% higher residual. A 15k lease will have a 2% lower residual then a 12k lease.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    What makes truecar any different than our own TMV? They collect info on sales prices from dealerships... So does Edmunds.

Since neither site is providing the method behind collecting their data or their own proprietary calculations, then how do you propose one is better than the other?

I will propose that Edmunds has been around a lot longer, has far more information from members and dealers, and probably generates more web traffic than truecar (by many, many multiples).

It's a nicely laid out website... but, that doesn't make their information accurate or better.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• avalon2000avalon2000 Member Posts: 25
    Not trying to denigrate Edmunds. It's just that TrueCars has the distinct number of vehicles sold within distinct price ranges, within charts & histograms, as opposed to just one average price. For example, when I know there is only one particular brand dealer in my local area, I can pinpoint what they actually sold my chosen vehicle for, with options. Regardless, the web site offers great tools in negotiating the lowest price, as opposed to just some average price.

The reaction the dealers have had to this new web site is one of disgust, "too much information given to the prospect" I was told. In more than one case, the info has revealed what pricing liers some dealers are to me, just plain old scum bags, wherein I know now never to step a foot in their dealerships. No wonder they are all nearly going out of business!
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    My 1st instinct is to agree completely and say go with TMV from Edmunds. But as somone who has only one Acura dealer at 45 miles away, and the next three at 200 miles away, a more accurate dealer or regional pricing is needed--and so I like the concept behind TrueCars... if they had more comparables. This will be the final nail in the coffin for dealers, perhaps, as far as consumer power goes. Still, for someone like me who wants the TSX, for example, I may have no choice but to go with what the closest dealer says and just pray it's in the TMV or TrueCar ballpark. I could move to NY or CA I suppose, but then I couldn't afford my house. Woe is Midwest life.
  • avalon2000avalon2000 Member Posts: 25
    My suggestion is to significantly broaden your zip code area on Edmunds and TrueCar, and look at local, regional & national on TrueCar. Midwest? IMHO try Chicago. If attractive, could always negotiate a lease from there with faxed/emailed paperwork, then merely drive to Chicago, or if no wheels yet, just rent a local car for one way transportation, or bus, train, plane. Then take delivery and drive back home. A pain in the [non-permissible content removed], true, but could be a BIG $SAVINGS???

Nationwide, the cheapest dealers tend to be in and around the Reading, PA area, as this is where most all East Coast livery companies buy their cars, typically the Lincoln Town Car, and where many fleet sales take place.
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    do many dealers still have 09 TSX w/tech? i know lots of dealers have 2010s piled up...

i'm wondering if you could ge ta better deal on a leftover 09 tech or a 2010 base...

leasing. are there incentives on any of the TSXs now?

i had been looking at TL leases, but don't want to spend that much. i was figuring a TL base w/tech was going to be around 522/month with zero down. not sure how much cheaper I coudl go to get a TSX. i was thinking of getting a nicer car like a TSX and now i'm starting to get that "screw it just buy a cheap car" attitude... not cheap like a corolla..just less expensnive..like an inline 4 TSX instead of the V6 TL...
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    I've had offers in the 400-450 range per month with zero down from for 36 mos on the 09 TL tech from some southern cal dealers.
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    zero down? and 400-450/month? is that before tax?

i read a recent post here where a person reported getting 480/month + tax with zero down. maybe you coudl get to 450k...but I don't think you could get to 400.

i'd consider going down to a TSX lease if I could save a ton of money per month..not sure how much cheaper I can ge tthe TSX lease for vs a TL?

with the $2000 dealer cash on teh TL, it seemslike the TL is actually a better lease.

there is $1250 dealer cash on eh TSX tech, but the selling price of that car is about 29000 to 29500. the selling price for a TL w/tech is hardly any higher than that... like 33500 or something...more expensive..but a marginal increase.

a TL base NO tech would hardly be any more expensive than a TSX tech...
  • ebeaversebeavers Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at leasing an 09 Base TSX and am getting very frustrated. Even though I live in DFW (TX) area where there are 4 Acura dealerships, there seem to be very few 09's left.

I just tried using the True Cars cost with one of the dealers who still has 4 of the 09's in stock. He told me that he will sell all 4 by the end of the month for more money, and wished me well in my endeavors elsewhere. Should I keep pumping this dealer, or move on?

Leasing gives me tired-head :(
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    If they are having an attitude like that, than I would move on. Its not worth it. There are plenty of other dealers who are willing to give you great service at a reasonable price.
    Heck we don't want highway robbery, we just want decent service, respect.

I would think at this point a dealer would want to focus on moving as many cars as they can. Not by price. You would more than likely make a better profit by selling more than selling one at a higher price. You know it will sit for awhile. That is a BIG risk to be taking, even for an Acura. That is not good business either.

Also, you just don't know who will walk in your door, that has good ties with people. Meaning, word of mouth can be either good or bad for you. You don't always know who your dealing with. Our business has secret shoppers, where we get judged by our service technique. But, the goal is to put customers first, respect them. Trust me, you do all of this, you the rest will follow.

I'll even pay more, if the dealer offers top notch service and respect. I would!
    That is peace of mind! Even if you did buy it from the dealer which offered low quality service and overall feel, then are you going to feel good about taking it back there, for problems, or speaking with anyone of them? Nope!

Move on, you may have to drive, but do a deal search and do a mass email quote for leases.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, wculbert1. The only difference is that you want 12,000 miles per year instead of 15,000. Honda Finance's 12k residuals are 2% higher than its 15k resids for 36 month terms.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    The Tech version's residual values are 3% lower than the base model's resids.

Car_man
    Host
  • mom29mom29 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, we were given best offer
    on TSX with Tech pkg today.
    $379./mos for 36 mos
    $3500.00 down
    10K miles
    additional miles at <.10/mile
    extend lease for the same mthly pyt at the end.
    ACURA dealer Route 22W New Jersey.

Can you tell me what dealer you contacted.
    Thank You.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    That doesn't seem like a good deal at all. Too much money down for that payment.
    Only 10k miles? No deal there. :(
  • lovez2smilelovez2smile Member Posts: 8
    I am in NJ and received a lease offer on a 2010 base model TSX of:

$2200 total out of pocket
    $375/month for 36 months/12,000 miles

This is the final bottom line, inclusive of all taxes and fees.

Sound good? Please let me know.
  • emeans39emeans39 Member Posts: 4
    Just left the dealer, and I am thinking this over

2010 base TSX, 36 months, 15 k per year, no money out of pocket besides first months payment and $80 for 2-year tags

msrp 30120
    net cap 29199
    residual (61%) 18373.20
    money factor is .00243 (5.832%)
    total sales tax is 2144.16 My local tax is 6.35% which means that I am paying tax on 33766.29 (which I thought was odd)

monthly payment of 465.05

I know this is too high. My last lease (Volvo) had a money factor of .0013. We have mid 700 credit ratings, and I can't understand the higher money factor.

You can play with the cap, residual, etc... but in the end it comes down to the mf.

Can you give some guidance as to why the high mf. I know Acura finance sets a baseline and the dealerships work from there, but I feel like this is a too high.
    I am sure that is the Honda MF, I don't believe they allow their dealers to markup the MF That's the way Honda operates, high residual, high MF or low residual, low MF.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    That's what I kind of thought too, but I called Acura finance thinking maybe I could get a better rate directly through the Acura Finance, as we leased a TL a few years back, and the rep told me that they set the mf rate, and the dealers take it from there. Pretty much like a middleman mark up. I just cant get why the mf is so high here.

Like I said Volvo was .0013 3.12%
    Our Sequoia was .0016 3.9%

The difference between a 3.9 and a 5.8% is roughly $40 per month.
    Looking through previous posts I see a MF of .00243 for a V6, so chances are the I4 at .00243 is correct.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I guess I will just have to get them to lower the price closer to invoice (26959). I think an offer of 28000 is respectable. I am sure they will have dealer holdback of about $700-1000, so they are still making money off the car.
  • tbenson81tbenson81 Member Posts: 25
    Like you already asked though - the more important question is why are you paying tax on 33K ?
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    2009 TSX w/Tech: MF? 36/15 residual %?

2010 TSX w/Tech: MF? 36/15 residual %?

I'm trying to decide which I should purchase, the 2009 or the 2010.
    Hi emeans39. The .00243 money factor that you were quoted to lease a 2010 TSX is right in line with Honda Finance's buy rate for this model. Acura is just not providing much in the way of lease support on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello claweave. Here's the information that you're looking for. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura TSX with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00243 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 TSX Tech are .00275 and 54%.

When negotiating your lease on the 2009 TSX Tech, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 dealer cash that is currently available on it. Acura is not providing any dealer cash on the 2010 model at this time.

Car_man
    Host
  • claweaveclaweave Member Posts: 25
    This is probably a stupid question, but the 2009 TSX w/ Tech money factor is higher than the 2010?
  • traveller809traveller809 Member Posts: 9
    Do you have the current money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 Acura TSX with Tech and 12,000 miles per year (super preferred)? I want to see the difference from the 15,000 miles you've provided before. Thanks much.
    add 2% to the residual
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    Hello - Did my time in the dealer chair today and still don't feel like I'm as low as I should be. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also concerning, I put dealer numbers into the Edmunds lease calculator and the monthly is way off...why???

Here's the final offer:
    4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
    10,000 Miles

MSRP: 33,220
    Selling Price: $31,012
    Cap Taxes: 1,121.22??? (what is this?)
    Doc Fee: $189
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    Residual 61% = $20,264.20
    Money Factor = .000243

Total Down payment: $1550.53
    Monthly Payment = $457.03

When I put these same numbers into the edmunds calculator I get $426.36 per month. Any thoughts as to why?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Cap Taxes: 1,121.22??? (what is this?)

What state are you in? NY, IL & TX have special (unfavorable) tax rules on leases.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    I'm thinking that "cap taxes" are taxes paid upfront that are capitalized into the monthly payments...

Many states collect the sales tax upfront.... even some with relatively benign sales tax rates...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks...I'm in NJ so that must be the "special" tax.
    New Jersey taxes upfront... So, most lessees in NJ roll the taxes into the CAP cost, which puts them in the monthly payment.. Pretty normal.

Taxes on leases aren't all that high in NJ, compared to anywhere else.. It's just the method that is a little different (though, you can find it in probably a dozen other states).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amandasfamandasf Member Posts: 34
    Over the weekend I leased a 2010 TSX base for:
    $0 down (walked away with no money out of pocket for anything)
    $385 per month which includes tax (I added the "dent protection" for another $12 per month)
    10k per year for 3 years (64% residual)

I feel like I did pretty well....thoughts?
  • john1789john1789 Member Posts: 5
    So about 2 months ago I was here shooting numbers to you guys about a deal I was getting... turns out the TSX is very difficult to find here in CA (base model, 2009 model), so much so that it's completely sold out.

I ended up getting the 2009 Tech model; I was looking for White with Parchment... that was almost as hard to find. I ended up getting the Palladium with Taupe interior.. still sexy.

My deal ended up to be..

$2250 down... (taxes, payment, reg, etc.)
    $365 monthly (total with taxes and all that good stuff)
    12k/year
    36 Months

I think I got a pretty good deal. People have been telling me so and my research has shown it as well. The Finance Manager turned out to be a family friend and he told me the deal I was getting wouldn't go down on another day. (I was pretty much the only person in the dealership lol)

Thoughts?
  • rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    Are you in the SF Bay Area? If so, may I ask which dealer? Thanks!
    that's a lot money down.

365 payment
    ~600 tags
    45 doc
    595 bank fee
    = ~$1,600 where did the rest of the money go?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
    That's not a stupid question at all, claweave. This late in the model year, automakers often pull the plug on their lease support the previous model year's vehicles because by this point the residual values of leftover vehicles have dropped to the point that it is too expensive to provide attractive lease payments on them. Normally when this sort of thing happens, the lease support is replaced by some sort of dealer cash, but that hasn't exactly been the case with the TSX.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey traveller809. Kingpc is right. Honda Finance's 12,000 mile per year residual values for Acura vehicles are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals. Its money factors for both mileage allowances are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattdadeemattdadee Member Posts: 13
    I just returned from the dealer and had an offer that almost made me laugh in the showroom.

- $29,725 sales price (laughable, but negotiations to follow)
    - 36 mo. (what I want, and what everyone else on this forum seems to suggest)
    - 10k miles (about what I'll use)
    - $850 1st pmt. & fees
    - $454 per month (tax included)

This offer just seemed off-the-charts high to me, especially in light of the deal that Acura has going for $299 per month with $3,599 down. I could even buy it outright with a loan for $600ish per month, which isn't that far from $454. Without the down payment on the deal (my credit's great, so I can do so), and even by simple math, I should only be paying close to $400 per month ($3,599/36 + $299 = $399ish).

Is this dealer not even considering the capitalized cost reduction mentioned in Acura's deal "which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution"? Is it something else? What am I missing here?

Any advice would be appreciated. First-time leasee here.
  • amandasfamandasf Member Posts: 34
    That is a bit much.

To give you an idea...3 weeks ago i leased my base tsx, also 36 mo with 10k miles. I walked out putting not one cent down (no first months payment) and my payments were 385 WITH the 7% usage tax my state adds on every month. I added the dent protection to my lease so I am paying 399 (374 w/o tax) per month.

The first quote I got was like 416...you can do better!
  • ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 2
    I'm in California and trying to lease the 2010 Acura TSX 4 cylinder with the tech package.

The price I was quoted from the dealer was $31,361 with a drive off of $1004 for a 3 year, 36,000 mile lease. According to the salesperson, the monthly payment would be $450 per month + tax. He said the residual value for the TSX Tech at the end of 36 months would be $19,932 or 60%.

Do those numbers sound right? Is that monthly payment reasonable for the above package and figures or should I keep looking?

Thanks,
    Len
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Amandasf,

Can you tell me where you got your deal from? I may be in the market for the same car. Were there any dealer incentives you took advantage of to get this deal or did you get it via hard nosed negotiation? Lastly, what is dent protection? I was under the impression that Honda Financial gives you around $1200 in credits to cover dents / wear & tear when you lease with them.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
  • mattdadeemattdadee Member Posts: 13
    Albert. I'm getting ready to close on my lease, but Honda Financial (and Acura) gives you $1,500 in dents, etc. allowances: http://www.acurafinancialservices.com/lease/lease_new_auto.aspx. The other lease information is there as well, which stacks up strongly compared to other manufacturers.
  • bstokbstok Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

What is current money factor and residual value for TSX 2010 base model for 36 months and 10,000, 12000 and 15,000 miles.

How much is AHFC's acquisition fee?

Thanks.
  • kaykokayko Member Posts: 1
    I really mean newbie! OK--here's the deal. I found a 2009 TSX w/ Tech pkg., 6K miles and a price tag of $26,900. Should I begin negotiations under 25K or is that an insult?
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    The TSX is one of the cars I am considering leasing.

Can you provide me with the MF & Residual on the following:

2010 TSX - base model, No NAV, Auto Trans, 4 cyl model

I am looking at a 36 month 36,000 mile lease.

What would a good price be for this vehicle? After reading the latest sale volume info at Automotive News, it looks like Honda of America sales are off 20% or more through September.

Thank you for your help.
    I've been told by 2 dealers the the MF is .00203 which is really bad. Residual 60%.
    It's almost 5% interest.
    I've been looking for the same and the lowest price i've been given is 27,500 and usually with 10-15K miles. If you could get it for 26 it's probably a great deal
  • rich_prich_p Member Posts: 1
    Looking for 36 mo/15000 miles . $0 down - sign and go. Need payment (incl tax) no higher than $450. I live in NJ and have A++ credit. Haven't been to dealer yet, but is this do-able.
  • smpatesmpate Member Posts: 9
    I got a 2009 Grigio TSX Tech back in July for $425/month, sign and drive, absolutely zero down. 15k/yr, 36 months.

So, definitely do-able, but I know that lease rates have been quite a bit worse on the 2010s, at least from what I've seen on here.