Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• andyfromjerseyandyfromjersey Member Posts: 7
    Shopped around for prices. Got a quote on a 2010 Acura TSX black/black with tech package, 36 months, 10k per year, $3000 down, and $325 a month including all dealer fees, doc fees, only to pay the dmv fee and plus sales tax... I live in the NYC/NJ vicinity, they were also willing to throw in the first 2 scheduled services for free... PLEASE tell me if this is a good deal thanks.
  • sanman1sanman1 Member Posts: 121
    All I can say is watch out. These dealers are all in the same business and know their margins for profit and what they have to do. The key is feeling that you got a great deal. Putting anything like $1,000 plus down on a lease is wasted money, You are giving them more profit. Unless you plan to by the car later one after the lease. It's lost money. You are better rolling the money into the payment for any upfront fees such as first months payment, tax/tag. If it's $25.00 more per month with adding the fees to the payment do the math. 25 x 36 is 900 which is still less than $1,500 down. And always never let a dealer ask you what payment you want to be at. Always work the price of he car down as if you are buying it. You can work them a bit but it may take some time. If you are a good preferred tier customer and repeat with Honda/Acura Financial you should have a little more leaverage.
  • carol46carol46 Member Posts: 1
    The lease on my 2008 ACURA TSX is up this August. I would like to lease a 2010 base ACURA TSX with this dealer. This would be my 4th ACURA with the dealer. The dealer asked what I thought of putting down, and I said $5,000 so that my monthly payment would be low. He said if I put that amount down my payment would be $296.00 for 36 months. The mileage would be 12,000 a year. I felt with that much down the monthly payment too high. Am I correct?
  • technicatechnica Member Posts: 7
    2010 TSX, 6 speed Manual, non-tech. $2000 out of pocket. This includes; 1st Month payment, NYS taxes, $550 Cap cost reduction (essentially a down payment) and DMV fees. $325/month for 35 months, 10,000 miles a year. No disposition fee. I mentioned the Factory to dealer incentive and of course the answer was "that's already in the numbers". I don't know, I have a hard time believing these dealers. I am certain they can do better. I am going to wait another 10 days to see if they will squeal since the "Factory to dealer" incentive ends May 3rd. What do you folks think?
    Carol46, I'm not an expert but for that much down you should be able to buy the car. Also, there should be 15k miles allowance. It makes no sense to put that much money down on a lease. I would keep that money in the pocket. Why tie it up in a lease? You also wont get that money back and chances are you will lease another one when the term is up. If you were buying a car then $5k down is fine but not for a lease. Not sure what anyone else on here would say.
  • cfkidcfkid Member Posts: 30
    I'm looking into a 2010 TSX 4 Cyl Non-Tech lease. I'm interested in the 36 month zero down lease. I'm just in the beginning stages, but the dealer is already willing to give me 110% of "book value" for my TSX that comes off lease in January.

I asked him today if I can use the $750 with the zero down lease. Now, from what I've read here, I can. He says that it's already rolled into the lease. Does anyone have a contact number I can use to ask Acura this question? I really don't want to argue with the dealer and would rather just have the information from Acura directly.

Thanks in advance!
    Mark
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    Carol46,

Do yourself a favor and purchase the vehicle if your going to put that kinda cash down on a Lease. It makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever wasting your money like that.
  • ezcompany1ezcompany1 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    hello everyone
    first post here, found it today and found tons of useful information.
    what information do i need to get from the dealer to find out if the deal points are good or not?

So far this is the information I have:

Tech
    $2000 downpayment
    $400 a month for 35 months (includes tax)

Base
    $360 + tax
    $500 something for DMV fees

I'm no math whiz or number cruncher but I'm thinking I can do much better. What information do you need (carman) so the community can help me decide if I'm getting a good deal or not?

Thanks so much!
  • zack82zack82 Member Posts: 42
    Is anyone getting a quote lower than the National Avg price? I was inquiring with a dealer on a 6 speed base. I asked if he could do a purchase price on the vehicle $27k, slightly under the invoice price and basically he indicated that he could not do lower than the $360 month + tax. I mean, I didn't even get a response with a counter offer whatsoever. It doesn't seem that Acura is interested in negotiating on these cars.

Also, they are saying that there is no equity in my 07 TSX manual lease. I have 31,000 miles on the car. For them to purchase, it would be roughly $17k.
    Yeah, no equity because they raise the residuals when you leased the car so the payment could be more attractive and then at the end of your lease the payoff is higher than the trade in value. Pretty slick stuff they do. You are better off paying your last payments and turning the car in and starting from scratch with a new lease. They will also try to sell you the pro pack. I had a dealer the other day say $459 a month base 4 cyl and there is on thing, you have to purchase the car with the pro pack..lol I couldn't believe it! All I asked for was the base w/o tech..lol
  • technicatechnica Member Posts: 7
    No responses? Come on guys/gals, provide your opinion on these numbers. Oh and I have no idea why "Tease" is in the title. Might have been a long day at work or dyslexia set it.
  • cfkidcfkid Member Posts: 30
    Here's what I see. First, why wouldn't you used the 0 down lease? It's $360 + tax with, if I understand correctly Doc, Title, and License fees. For me, that's about $400. Most people recommend putting NOTHING down on a lease. You're just throwing money away.

Also, you need to know the price for the car. With that, you can figure out the rest, as CarMan has posted the MF of .00151 and Residual of 62%.

This deal looks good, but without the sales price, you can't be sure. BTW, looking through previous posts, I've seen people getting the car for around $27,500. Also, the $750 is wrapped into the lease, as it's money Acura is giving the dealer to help with the lease. But, that doesn't mean you can't try to squeeze some of that money out of them. It's pure profit for them. Good Luck.
    Carman,

I am in negotiations. Dealer indicates that the invoice price on the TSX base is $28169.27? Is this this true?

Dealer indicates that they won't go below the invoice price, but like others I have seen people getting the car for $27,500. Again, this no deal, every dealer is offering the advertised special. Kind of irritating, guess I am going to have to play hard ball or find another dealer that is willing to negotiate.
  • krwest1krwest1 Member Posts: 74
    Yes, the invoice is $28169. But there is $750 in dealer cash, so the net invoice is really $27419.
    Great, thanks.
    Yeah most quality dealers include the protection package (mud guards color keyed, wheel locks, and trunk tray). They do make alittle bit of profit on it maybe $100 but not much. I got it on my '10 TSX V6 and love 'em. Looks alot better than without. My thoughts are that the dealer wants to get the car returned in better condition for resale so that is why some dealers have them installed off the truck.
  • mreppmrepp Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man and fellow posters,

I am negotiating a lease for an Acura 2010 TSX base with 10,000 miles per year. The dealer initially offered the advertised special - $0 down, $0 first payment, $360 per month for 35 months (excluding tax). I counteroffered for a lower sales price. Dealer offered a price of $27,720, which works out to be $344 per month (excluding tax), but I must make the first payment at signing. This works out that I would pay only $260 less over the life of the lease vs. the advertised special.

This is my first lease - is this a good deal? Should I push for no first payment (saving me $630 over the life of the lease vs. the advertised special)? Alternatively, I was considering taking the deal, but asking that the dealer throw in some acccessories (mud guards, door visors, all-weather floor mats), since I assume these cost the dealer little, but have value to me.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I hope to wrap this up tomorrow. Thanks!
    See a couple posts above. They are still not at invoice, but I think it depends on the dealer. I was in negotiations as well, but the dealer would not drop below 28445. I even told them about the dealer cash, and he admitted that it was there, but would not reduce the cost of the car. I offer them $27259 or close to that. I think that you might be able to at least get the car for $27,500 or lower. I would make them sweat it a little as it is close to the end of the month. Good luck.

The problem with my deal is that I want the manual base, but I am having to go out of Charlotte, NC to get the damn car!
    Where are you guys located? I'm down in FL and I was able to get invoice minus dealer cash on my '10 Acura TSX V6. I even had multiple dealers fighting over it and went with the one that threw in the protection package. The dealers up there frankly sound shady, especially if you have to pull teeth just to get an Acura advertised lease deal...That is a big RED FLAG!

Good luck guys....
  • pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    stumbled on this forum by accident; amazing how many of the lease forums have the same BS problems with dealers NOT being upfront. Here's two tips for you all:
    1. Never, never, never put a large down payment on a lease. It is foolish. If you get into an accident two weeks from the start of the lease and the car is totalled, ALL your down payment money is gone. GAP insurance pays the remaining balance between car payoff and car value ONLY.
    2. Use truecar.com for REAL data on car costs including customer incentives and dealer cash. Knowledge is power!
    I am located in Charlotte, NC. I have to go out of state because I want the manual. The only Acura dealer in the Charlotte area will not dealer trader or special order for one. Coming from Detroit, MI, I can't believe how stupid that is.

I have requested quotes from SC & VA dealers. So far I am getting the huge run around for the base manual TSX. I am about to look for something else. No one will come close to invoice.....
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem stevos.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Zack. According to Edmunds.com, the dealer invoice price of a base 2010 Acura TSX with an automatic transmission is $28,169 (including destination). That matches up exactly with what the dealer told you.

You've seen others getting this car for under dealer invoice because Acura is currently providing dealer cash on this model. Specifically it has $750 on the base TSX right now.

If I was in the market for a TSX, I personally would shoot for $250 under invoice, which is really $500 over once the incentive is factored in.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man!
    No problem, zack82.

Car_man
    Host
  • hgiraudhgiraud Member Posts: 1
    Hey Everybody,

Here's some info on my tsx base model 36 month lease I got on May 3rd.

Sales price: $27,199
    Down payment: $840.20 (dmv, 1st mo pymt, etc.)
    Miles per year: 15,000
    Monthly pymt after tax: $383.17

I went to a few dealerships and this was the best offer I found. Hope this helps with anyone looking to lease a tsx base model without navigation.
    That is an awesome price at $27,199, but it seems like they are playing a shell game with the lease since you are getting 15,000 miles vs 10,000.
    Shell game? I'm sure he structured it that way, like most people, since that is around the national average of how many miles driven on a yearly basis.
  • abellosoabelloso Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

I am being offered the following terms on 2010 TSX, 36 month lease, 12k miles:

Sales Price: $27,269
    Total Due at Signing: $830.25 (1st month + tags)
    Monthly Payment w/ Tax: $361.25

I ran the numbers and it all checks out once I ad the acquisition fee to the sales price, residual at 61% and MF .00160.

Thoughts? Thanks!
    The purchase price looks good, not sure what your sales tax is? But, I think they are charging additional $20/month for the extra 2k miles per year. Like I had posted, I can't even get a dealer even remotely close to your purchase price. The lowest I got was $28445. Maybe I need to drive to Florida? :)
  • tonystarks22tonystarks22 Member Posts: 51
    Looking for a 4 cyl manual non tech.

Also, does anyone know when Acura sends the lease loyalty certificate? I have 2 payments left on my 08 TSX and am looking to get into a 2010 TSX. If the lease loyalty $1500 is coming with 4 or less weeks left till lease maturity I would wait for that, otherwise incentives look good enough to jump into a new one right now. Anyone have any idea if they send these things out a month before? 2 months before? Thanks.
    Hi there, is there any cash back being given to the dealers so we have some more negotiation room? I know they had $750 cash back to them in April. Anyone know how much they are adding to the selling price if you bump up to 15k miles per year? I think this is where the dealers can play their additional cost game. I'm ready to hammer out a deal in the next week or so. I'm on my last payment of the lease and having inspection done next week. I know they also have that exceptional deal right now for $289 per month with $3 k down. I can't see putting that much money down on a lease for one and second it's only for 10 miles per year. Can you negotiate based off of that deal by not putting money down and also asking for 15k miles?

Thanks!
    I don't think that Acura automatically gives that $1500 lease loyalty. I don't remember ever receiving one and this is my 2nd TSX. I know that I called American Honda Finance to ask them if they offered any lease loyalty deals and they directed me to the National Advertisement and also said to contact the dealer. $289/month is a great price, but I would never ever put $3k down. So basically you are back to $360/month without taxes....
    Ive read on multiple places on the internet people mentioning the lease loyalty certificate. Just wondering if anyone had concrete evidence when it comes. I am ASSUMING they send it the week of maturity, as sort of a last ditch effort to get you to lease another one.
    What would this lease loyalty certificate entail? I have less than one month to go on my lease and I haven't received it. I would think it's getting to be crunch time in the keeping an existing customer timeframe. I have received a notice about how much I'm pre-qualified for as far as a purchase goes but nothing for a lease. To be truthful, it seems many companies don't care as much these days about retaining your business. They have only sent over some reminders about lease end.
    Maybe I should wait until the last two weeks to make a deal.
    I've been a Honda/Acura customer since 2002. Does the loyalty stop here? We'll see!
    I dont know what it entails, I just know that I have read on a "few" Acura specific message boards that some folks have received a 1500 voucher to be used on top of any existing rebates/dealer cash.

Also, this is a recent thing, maybe within the last year that Honda/Acura Finance has been doing this.
    If you do a search you will get some Acura dealers that have info on the incentives. Acura Finance site doesn't have any info on it. I saw one for the TL with $1500 incentive on one dealers website. Regardless, I don't think you will get $1500 off of a cost of $27,800 or whatever price they give you. they will probably take the $1,500 off of the SRP of $30,100. They know what they are doing..lol
    A great price is $28,800 range but not many are getting the car for that low.
    A good price is anything under $28k.
    CORRECTION: the great price should be $26,800 range.
    Thats what i would like someone to confirm. Weather its a TL specific incentive or not? I agree, every mention I have seen of it on the web are for TL's as I am sure have way more margins built into the cost of the car.
    The salesmen that I've contacted don't seem particularly anxious to make a deal so far. Like you said, the margin is not as much as on a TL. I might go back to the same salesman that leased me this TSX but he's seems to act like he will get the sale and is not really talking price with me beforehand. He keeps saying come on in and we will get everything straightened out. He wants more leaverage so when I walk in we don't have any numbers beforehand. There should be a price of the car and the lease formula.
    I'm in contact with two other dealers that are both an hour or less from me. He is the closest though.
    I see you are also checking out some other cars. Are you thinking of TSX again because it's a great car?
    TSX is a great car, but what I appreciate the most is it's value. For the money, the car CAN NOT be beat. I like the CC, Maxima, GTI, 3 Series, A4, etc. All have similar power numbers, but comparatively equipped, The TSX beats those cars in price by $8k-$10k. I'm not a brand snob, I dont need a car to let the world know I made it. As much as I'd like to purchase one of those competitors, I can't justify or rationalize me spending the extra money.
    I hear ya dude! The TSX basically is fully loaded at one price. They did add more options and a few more trim levels with the second generation, however even the base 4 comes with all you need at a very competitive price.
    The CC is nice also for around the same price but then you add the stuff the TSX has and you are priced over the TSX. I like the Genesis Coupe V6, however it still has the stigma of an econo box Elantra from the 1980's tied to it. I don't think I'm a brand snob as well, but once you do drive these new Acura's it's tough to leave. I don't think anyone understands until they drive one.
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    I like the fact that the TSX is priced complete>>.It is a smaller car in the width dept though That being said, take a look at the Maxima too. Fully loaded, the Max lives up up it's name as the sticker comes up to an upsurd 40 grand. Truth is though that it will lease out for 39 months @400 bucks per mo with 15000 miles a year!>> 290 hp, dual sunroof, Bose, rear seat radio and heat controls, HD base Nav, rear power rear sunshade and it plays DVDs when sitting. Was not a big fan of the CVT but>>getting 28 MPG!

The Genesis is a nice car but the suspension is not well done, boomy, and a poor handler..never seems to track like it should. It's a car with no identity yet.
    Are you considering a TSX or Maxima? Is the $400 a month deal for the fully loaded 290hp Maxima? How would they offer a payment of $400/15k miles on a $36k car? With all that car comes with that would make it a better lease value than the TSX and you get almost 300hp.
    I looked at the Maxima as well. You can't get the top of the line Maxima for $400/month. The interior on the Maxima is not all that great. Having a manual TSX, the CVT is kind of lame. Granted the car has a ton of HP. Good luck trying to find a base Maxima. That is why I like Acura/Honda. The packages are nicely bundled. There are too many options and that adds money to the price of the car.

I will say that Nissan was a hell of a lot more aggressive with trying to get me to buy, where as Acura was not. Hoping the end of the month will change things..
    Exactly, there is no way you can get into a fully loaded and overpriced Nissan for $400 a month. You might as well jump up to the Infiniti line if you are spending that much on the Nissan badge. This is a brand that offers a Sentra and you are paying almost $40k for their top end car. No Way!

The TSX offers the perfect mix of all worlds. Economy, enough performance, and luxury. I was looking around at other cars in that price point and you can't find much that compares. You get way over 30k fast for anything that has similar creature comforts. Let's face it, the "A" also looks good on the front of the car.
    The 4cyl engine on this car can't be beat in how it's tuned. Honda makes some of the best 4 cyl engines in the world.
    You can get a Maxima SV for around 400 a month. But the Maxima ONLY comes with the CVT and to me, is too big. Its the size of a TL, which I also do not like. I am a guy that has owned Civics, Integras, etc, and I find the TSX the perfect size. Even the 2010 TSX is about the size of last gen TL. I am leaning to a 2010 TSX or simply buying out my existing 08. I just looked at the residual, its 17160. You cant find an 08 for that price anywhere with only 29k miles. We'll see.
    You drove less miles than me so $17,160 is pretty good. I think being that the first gen was first seen at the end of 2003 and they did make some minor cosmetic changes until 2008 but it's starting to look a little dated in design. It still is a very nice looking car and I thought about keeping my 07 but my payment will not be much different and I will need new tires, battery, brakes, and who knows what else. It definitely needs a full big maintenance at this point. I'd rather turn it in and get a new one that has everything brand new. Will you put money down or buy it outright if you purchase the vehicle? You seem to not drive many miles which is good for residual if you sell it to a young kid that wants to modify it in a few years.
  • robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    Actually I got this deal with no trade,(All options including Nav) and 2 K down..$400 a month back in March.(Would be happy to steer you to my Illinois dealer) Not wild initially about the CVT but it is every bit as quick or quicker than an auto V6 TSX>> with great mileage (actual 28 to 29 on the open road.) So I agree>> no way would I pay 40 K for this loaded Maxima and I did not. I could have gone for the TSX but they were not even close on pricing plus I picked up things like: a power tilt telescoping steering wheel, heated and cooled driver seat, heated steering wheel, power rear sunshade., led taillights, which I don't think are available on the TSX.. By the way the brakes(12 inch discs) tires (245x18x45) and handling are great for a front driver >> Wheelbase is about 2.5 inches larger All a bit more heavy duty than on the TSX.

While the Acura has a longer warranty, it really does not affect my 39 month lease .

If you have a chance, take a look at this car..they have come along way. The Acura is also a great car.>>how could you go wrong with either car?.subjectively though I don't like the "Beak" look on the TSX or more so, the TL