Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• devs6devs6 Member Posts: 11
    Just signed a lease

Dealer in North Jersey

2010 TSX 4 cyl base auto

36 month 15k year

303 monthly including nj tax 7%

704.50 out of pocket. includes first month payment, dmv fees and dealer doc fee

They are trying to move the 2010 before the end of the year and are offering great deals on these cars.
  • acurafan19acurafan19 Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations on your great deal. Is this a first time lease or did you go from one TSX lease to another?
  • jettsetterjettsetter Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    Negotiated this deal today in winston-salem NC on a base 2010 tsx

Sale price $26,600
    Acquistion fee $595
    Admin. fee $489
    Tags/Title $69
    Total cap cost: $27,753
    Residual 60%($18,102)
    Money factor .00010
    Lease term 30 month
    15k miles per year
    0 due at signing and dealer paid 1st month pymt.
    Monthly pymt $336.02 for 30 months 15k per year.
    Sales tax $9.78 per month (3% in NC) so 3% x (deprectiation fee + finance fee)

In summary:
    Depreciation fee per month $321.70
    Finance fee per month $4.59
    Sales tax per month $9.78
    $336.02 per month

good luck to all
  • devs6devs6 Member Posts: 11
    UPDATE:

Dealer said they made a mistake and gave me numbers for a 30 month lease not 36.

I stood my ground and clearly stated that when I sat down with the salesman I wanted a 36 month with 15k a year miles lease

My copy of the paperwork clearly states 36 month lease @ $303 a month. They had changed their copy to say 30 months. That pissed me off big time at which point some yelling and name calling started. They tried to push me into the 30 month lease which by they way is a good lease program. By this point i was pissed my wife was telling me to calm down.

The general manager really pissed me off my saying it was both are faults, the dealer and mine. That was it, called my lawyer on the spot, she instructed me what to do (proper way to have them void all the paperwork)
    got the money down back and walked out.

OPEN ROAD WAYNE ACURA NJ

STAY AWAY - total bait and switch, liars, very poor business practice.

I Will be placing a complaint with BBB
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    .......they no doubt - as was I - were impressed with your effective response to their ineptitude (telephone/atty advice/procedure et al. Plus a follow-up with the BBB.

Well done

(as we used to say during my USNR days)

ez
  • res332res332 Member Posts: 18
    Car Man and acurafan 19:

Here's the deal. First, dealer changed the lease to 30 months, not 36. Told me he made a mistake and offered to reduce the monthly payment from $327 to $319. I called Acura directly and confirmed that at end of 30 month lease I could extend the lease by at least 6 months with same terms and minimal effect on residual (meaning the residual was almost the same comparing original offer of 36 month lease to 30 month lease with 6 month extension), so I went through with the following deal for a base 2010 tsx:

No $ down.
    30 months @ 15K miles a year.
    Sale price $26,152
    Gross capitalized cost $26,747
    Residual $18,102
    Monthly payment $292.66 + $26.34 (monthly sales / use tax) = $319

Also, lease agreement indicates dealer paid first month ($319) and $171.95 (registration) for total of $490.95.

Car Man, was this a good deal?

Thanks
  • dfwraiderdfwraider Member Posts: 1
    Carman,
    Is cashback still avail on the 2010's? And can you repost the MF and Residual Values for both a 10K and 12K mi. lease for both a Tech and Non-Tech? My apologies for the duplication. I am just confused as to wether the dealers can adjust their residuals right now on 2010's or not. Thanks.
  • shant14shant14 Member Posts: 9
    I got this deal at a local dealership in Los Angeles today on a 2010 TSX Base 4cyl with Tech Package:
    36 month, 10k/year lease
    Drive-off: $800 (includes 1st months payment)
    Monthly: $310

Here are the details:
    Gross Cap Cost: 27,560
    Agreed upon value: 26,965
    Cap Cost Reduction: 4.56 (not sure why)
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 27,556
    Residual Value: 17,965
    Depreciation and any amortized amounts: 9,590
    Rent Charge: 606
    Total of Base Payments: 10,196
    Lease payments: 36
    Base monthly payment: 283.24
    Monthly tax: 27.62
    TOTAL MONTHLY: $310.86

How does this sound?
  • ineedacar42ineedacar42 Member Posts: 2
    which dealership in LA?
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    Looks like a good deal to me. congrats!
  • kainnyckainnyc Member Posts: 80
    I don't knw people but today I got a semi sweet deal. 30mo. Tsx with nav, 1036 check back for lease return! 15k miles, all weather mats! In Nj . For 396 mo. So if you take off 35$ for lease check and 60$ for nav ? My base model would be abt 300$ for 29 months, at 15k
  • elantra08elantra08 Member Posts: 15
    Hello group, Looking @ 10' TSX base, think that the 30 month @ $330 per month nothing down will be available for the month of january or maybe a better deal to get rid of the 10' tsx? Thanks for your input.
    Hi,
    Got the deal at Center Acura in Van Nuys. They still have a bunch of 2010s with Tech Package left and they seem eager to get rid of them. Call and speak to Art or Barry and tell them about my deal.
  • hockeyguy1721hockeyguy1721 Member Posts: 15
    I was offered 33k on a 2010 V6 Tech and 32k on a 2011 Tech (not V6). How does this look? The lease numbers I was sent are off by $30 a month on each so I will need to figure out what the dealer is trying to add, this was basing it on the MF etc. Monthly was $435 for the 10 V6 Tech and $465 for the 11 Tech. This was assuming nothing down.
    Hi Car man, can you tell me the current money factor and residual for the '10 TSX base, 36month @ 10miles. Thanks
    I don't know dude.. I'm paying 310 a month on a 2010 4cyl tech... 435 for the v6 seems a bit steep. I paid no down either aside from registration fees and stuff (less than $500).
    What was the cost of that car?
    I was looking for a deal like yours . . . so far one dealer offered this:
    2010 tsx base, 36 month, 10K, 0 down
    Selling price: $27,222.63
    Cap cost: $28,400
    Residual: $17,196.90
    Money Factor: .00039 = .94%
    Monthly payment: 329 + sales tax 9% = $358.XX.

I think that this is soo high. the car is a year old and the dealer has 20 some of these on the lot. they would not budge at all. the cars can rot then!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kiln. The money factors for the 2011 TSX Sedan and Wagon are the same, but the residual values are different.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    That definitely looks like a good deal to me, res332. That selling price appears to be below dealer invoice minus the dealer cash. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Yes, dfwraider, the dealer cash is still available on the 2010 TSX in January.

Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TSX 4-cylinder without Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00049 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 TSX 4-cylinder Tech are .00049 and 53%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi elantra08. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • eminereminer Member Posts: 14
    I'm trying to get accurate leasing info for a 2011 TSX wagon. I'm in NJ and I'm wondering:
    1. Any dealer or customer cash?
    2. Current money factor?
    3. Current residuals?

I'm a returning Acura customer if that matters... Thanks for the help.
  • stonescotchstonescotch Member Posts: 10
    I decided to go with this deal. Please let me know if I did good or not.

2010 TSX base model.

- 36 Month
    - 10K miles per (57% residual - $17190)
    - Selling price ($26600)
    - Other fees: 783 (Acq and Doc).
    - $326 per month (including 9% PA tax). (299 + 27 tax)
    - No disposition fee and $1500 covered for dents and scratches.

First month I paid $500 (first month payment + TTL)

I am sure, this is not the greatest deal but, that's the best I could do around this area (went to 2-3 dealers before finalizing this deal).

Is it a good deal ?

Thanks
    Hi eminer. Acura is not providing any cash incentives on the TSX SportWagon yet.

Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX SportWagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    do you mind telling me what dealer you received this from? iam also in PA.
    is the first month payment the second months payment because first months payment is waved according to thier website.
  • msfttmsftt Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    I'm Currently looking for leasing an Acura TSX (2010).

I've got same quote from two of local dealers as follows:

2010 Acura TSX(Base Model) - $279/month with $2999 down.
    2010 Acura TSX(Base Model) - $330/month with $0 down.
    2010 Acura TSX(tech Model) - $329/month with $2999 down.
    2010 Acura TSX(tech Model) - $389/month with $0 down.

They don't have lease offer for 2011 models?

Now I'm in confusion which one should I lease? Can you please provide me how to lower down payments on lease. How can I bargain? How much should I pay?

Thanks in advance.
  • stonescotchstonescotch Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    It's Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA. NO I paid for 1st month payment. $0 down deal is $330 + tax. We came up with our own lease terms. Tell them a guy who has a friend in California sent you and ask for the same or even better deal.

I hope it helps.
    Hi nbhattarai. You can lease any vehicle that you want without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction aka down payment. In fact, it's a good idea to put as little money down as possible when leasing.

Acura definitely has a lease program on the 2011 TSX. I'm surprised that the dealer didn't tell you about it. I guess that they're trying to push their leftover 2010 models out the door.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The key to getting a good deal is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the vehicle that you want. If I was in the market for a TSX right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • acuratsx2011acuratsx2011 Member Posts: 1
    I found following website for leasing:
    http://www.theleaseoutlet.com/Acura-Lease-Specials.aspx

Do anyone have done any business with this? Their price is way lower than dealers.

Thanks in advance
  • nycmiaminycmiami Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    My lease on my 2008 TSX is expiring in a month, so, having enjoyed the car I recently went back to my local Acura dealer in Miami to obtain an offer on a new lease on a 2010 TSX 4 cylinder without navigation. The offer provided was as follows:

Cap cost: $28,436.00
    Money factor: .00039
    Residual: $17,196.00
    Terms: 36 months/10K miles/year
    Monthly payment: $340/month (tax included (7% in Florida))
    Up front fees: I must pay $1,250.00 up front
    Extra: The dealer with pay my first month of my lease

I am also entitled to a rollover of 15K miles from my old lease.

After reading several posts I believe I will be required to pay too much. Perhaps, my cap cost is too high and I should not be paying so much up front ($1,250) on tax, title, etc.

How should I counter the offer? Should I demand they reduce the cap cost by upwards of $1,000.00? Does anyone know the invoice price on a 2010 TSX 4 cyllinder without navigation? Any suggestions and constructive responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention and time to this query.
  • helixtimestwohelixtimestwo Member Posts: 11
    Your MF (http://www.edmunds.com/acura/tsx/2010/car-incentives.html?style=101174002

Using one of the car buying services (USAA, consumer reports), a 2010 4 cyl automatic NON-tech TSX for $26719. Same specs WITH tech is listed at $29312. Both of these figures include the mfr to dealer $. But this is for Car ONLY..does not include any taxes/fees/other money rolled into capital costs.

And FWIW, there are still quite a few 2010 tsx's around...check other acura dealer's web page inventory and casually mention it to your dealer if they tow a firm line.

Hope this helps..good luck and let us know how you do!
    Thanks for your help. I will let you know the final numbers.
  • mtripps1mtripps1 Member Posts: 2
    I've been offered the following on 2010 Base in MA:

Cap cost including all fees: 27504.42
    36 @ 15k Per year
    54% Residual - 16291.80
    Ma Tax 6.25%
    Zero money out of Pocket
    $353.73 per month including tax

Good deal?
  • adfreakadfreak Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the Jan. money factor and residual value info for the base TSX Sportwagon at 36 months and 10,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
    I just executed the following deal on a 2010 TSX without tech:

Term: 36 months
    Miles allowed: 10K per year but the dealer transferred 15K extra miles from my old lease onto this one as per Acura's policy on re-leases

Total Cash down: $500.00 for tax, title, etc., including first month's payment
    Monthly payment: $305.00/month without tax
    The dealer also threw in free oil changes and tire rotations for the life of the lease.

This took place in Miami, Florida
    I pay 5 dollars more per month and I have the tech package.
    I sure do adfreak. Acura's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Sportwagen with 10,000 miles per year are .00190 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,

A dealer sent me an email saying the rates on a 2011 TSX Tech are now .00140 Could you confirm this? I have had some difficulty getting accurate info from this particular dealership.

thanks
    Sure enough, hockeyguy1721. Apparently Acura just made an unexpected enhancement to its January programs. I'll make some calls to see what I can find out about the new programs. Stay tuned.

Car_man
    Host
  • kingsixkingsix Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2011
    car man I am also hanging in there here is my quote, seems off:

2010 ACURA TSX with tech 4 cyl

Sell: 28,500
    Acq: 595
    MF: .00049 Seems high?
    Residual: 17633
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Does not look like they included an acquisition fee of $595.00??? So it appears to be a great lease rate plus the roll over miles from the prior lease term
    Car_Man, regarding the Acura 'enhancements'...
    Could you post any chages to MF, Residual and/or cash incentives for a 2010 TSX Base @15k, 12k for 36mo?

YOU THE MAN! Thanks
  • jv1027jv1027 Member Posts: 2
    I've been shopping around and I was just offered 35 payments of $340/month including taxes on the 2010 base TSX, $300 first payment to cover tag transfer, 10k miles per year. Is this is a good deal? I had a trade in for which Car Max only offered me $6500 and they'll take it at $8,300 (I owe $8700). For some reason, I still don't feel that I got the best out of this since it is a 2010. Any opinions? Should I keep looking, or should I simply be content that they covered most of my balance on my trade in?
    edited January 2011
    Is the $595 acquistion fee standard on a 2011 lease? I am at a selling price of $31359 plus taxes and tags on a 2011 TSX tech.
    Find out how much they are actually selling you the leased car for. Even though you are getting a lease, there is still a sales price. Then compare that price to what truecar.com says. Your trade-in makes things more difficult and you won't get the lowest price possible on the lease.
    Does the $31359 include the acquisition fee? I am assuming it doesn't. $31359 seems high based on what truecar.com is saying.
    Yes, an acquisition fee of $595 is standard, no way around that. That fee is set by Honda Financial.
  • jv1027jv1027 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you.
    Car_Man:

Any word on Acura's February lease deals? I'm specifically looking to see if the dealer/cusomer cash incentives on the 2010 TSX Base will increase and if the MF/Residual changes.

Thank you!
  • ketytketyt Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I am looking for a 36m 30k miles (or 36k miles) on a 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon (base). What are the current residuals and money factors? Any idea on MSRP discounts?

Anybody lease one recently? I got a quote for around $380/m and around $450 down (payment includes 6.5% tax and all fees). Any thoughts?

Thanks!