Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    "Wheels to lease" is a broker, not a new car dealer. It does not matter at all if they stay in business or vanish. Whatever happens to them you still will have Acura warranty and service.
    $380 per month for TSX tech is a great price if it includes everything (MV, doc and so on) and is for 12K miles per year, still good for 10K miles.
    edited June 2012
    I would suggest opening a separate thread for ILX.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• chuckjrchuckjr Member Posts: 95
    Jeff,
    Your post is a month old but here's how i cashed out the equity on my 09 TL - take it to car max. In southern california the used car market is rough because of competition and having to deal with the hassles. Car max gave me a fair price, paid off my lease and gave me a check for $1800. done deal. No title paperwork, bridge loans. I'd suggest giving them a shot.
    car man
    What is the residual and money factor on a TSX wagon for 36 mos? Base and tech w 12k miles

thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi chuckjr. Through July 9th, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 TSX Wagon with 12,000 miles per year are .00046 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor for a version of this car equipped with Tech would be the same, but the residual value would drop to 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • roubaudroubaud Member Posts: 80
    That's really cool. I was just thinking about them if we can't sell our car privately. We do own it now, and have a sorta bridge loan. Want to sell before first payment is due. Will see what Acura will do on trade in and maybe Car Max.
    My suggestion is go to car max first. They will give you an offer good for 7 days. then take that info to acura and make sure they match or beat it
  • drock519drock519 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

Do you have the August residual and money factor for a base TSX on a 36 month, 15,000 mile lease?

Thanks!
    I certainly do drock519. Acura's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2012 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00038 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this car, shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice minus the $500 available dealer cash as possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks so much!

Before I sign on the dotted line, can you tell me if you think this is a decent deal?

Trading in a 2011 Hyundai Elantra with about $500 of equity on a 2012 base TSX. 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year at $350/month including 6% sales tax. Putting down only the equity in the Hyundai and first months payment.

The next best offer I found was $425/month sign and drive, so this is sounding pretty good to me.
    You're very welcome drock519. Do you happen to know what this car's selling price is? That figure will make it much easier for me to evaluate your deal. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Yes it is 28,801.
  • markeemarkeemarkeemarkee Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_man & others, thanks for the valuable information you post here, very much appreciated.

Car_man, similar to what you have for 2012 Base TSX, i am looking for residual and money factor for 2012 TECH car? Assume 36 months and 15k/ year. Also if you can give me 12K miles per year?

Thanks in advance
    Mark
    Hi drock519. This selling price is equivalent to around $200 over invoice minus the available $500 dealer cash, which is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome Mark. Acura's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Tech 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00038 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • frankchingfrankching Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I am trying to lease a TSX wagon without technology package in the San Francisco area. I am interested in a 36 months at 10,000 miles/year.

I have been offered $301/month + tax and fees for 36 months. Is this a good deal? What are the August 2012 lease money factor and residual value for 10,000 miles per year?

thanks
  • mbac23mbac23 Member Posts: 12
    Hi guys. The lowest offer I received from the Acura dealers around my area was $27,007 including destination. I am looking to lease the car for 36 months with 12k a year. I am willing to give $2000 total out of pocket money to cover down and other fees. Residual is at 56% i believe. How much would my monthly payment be?
  • markemarkeemarkemarkee Member Posts: 13
    Thanks Car_man, this information was very helpful in my recent negotiations.

Mark
  • bkay001bkay001 Member Posts: 2
    I am getting ready to go to dealer regarding lease on 2013 TSX Wagon w/ tech. Can some one give me their pricing experience for this: I need 15k a year on mileage. Was originally buying a used Audi A4 Avant, but the lease on the looks tempting. Any input appreciated.
    Hello frankching. Acura's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 TSX Wagon 4-cylinder with 10,000 miles per year are .00038 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as the deal goes, have the dealer calculate your lease payment using the above money factor and a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice minus the $500 dealer cash as possible.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to use Acura's current lease program to work up a payment on this car for you, mbac23, however in order for me to do so I need both its MSRP and selling price. you've already mentioned the latter, just tell me the former and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, markemarkee. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi again,

The MSRP is $30,905.

Thanks!
  • dfalkoff1dfalkoff1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Do you happen to know the current money factor and residual value for a 36 month/10,000 mile lease of a Base Model TSX?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    David
    Thanks for the additional information, mbac23. OK, according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Acura TSX Base that has an MSRP of $30,905 and a selling price of $27,007 through Acura Financial right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $279.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks carman! If I did give $2000 total out of pocket to cover down and fees, ho much would the monthly change? I live in NJ and I know tax is 7%. Would that change the monthly by a lot?

Thanks!
    You're welcome mbac23. Sales tax will definitely add to your payment, probably by around $20 per month. The impact that the money that you paid at signing would have upon the lease payment would depend upon what portion of it was used as a capitalized cost reduction. If you can tell me that I can adjust the payment that I worked up for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi carman,

I believe the fees are around $1300 so $700 would go to down. I am also looking at the TL since I heard the TL has better deals and incentives right now.

Thanks!
    OK, a capitalized cost reduction of $700 would lower the pre-tax payment that I mentioned earlier to around $259.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks carman! I am deciding if I should take the TSX or the TL deal though lol
    You're welcome, mbac23. You're right, the TL is a pretty good deal right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • tsx1982tsx1982 Member Posts: 1
    Any thoughts on this deal I was offered:

MSRP: $34,005.00
    Capitalized Cost Reduction: $1,000.00
    Capitalized Cost: $31,000.00
    Monthly Payment: $382.00
    Lease Term: 36
    Mileage Allowance: 45,000
    Excess Mileage Fee: $0.20
    Out of pocket costs: $1,483 (including first month payment)

Any advice is appreciated.
  • chrisjanschrisjans Member Posts: 1
    I've been told by 1 dealer that the sale price is $30,400 and he is also quoting me for $505 a month. Another dealer is offering $459 a month. How do I get them down? It looks like they are priced much higher than many of the offers on here. Also, what is the TL offer you are referring to?

Thanks!
  • ajpbf7ajpbf7 Member Posts: 91
    Hi Carman,

Could you please post the MF and Residual for a Base and SE 2012 Acura TSX. I am looking at 10k per yr for 36 months. Any lease cash available this month? Thanks for your help.
    Certainly ajpbf7. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2012 Acura TSX Base through Acura Financial Services right now for 36-months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00020 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an SE model would be exactly the same.

There is $500 dealer cash on this car right now. Make sure to take it into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • champ9533champ9533 Member Posts: 7
    What is the invoice price for a 2012 tsx Special edition

Thanks
    Hi champ9533. All of the pricing data that you need is available right here at Edmunds.com. Here is a link to the new vehicle pricing section for your convenience: New Vehicle Pricing.

In answer to your specific question, the dealer invoice price of a 2012 Acura TSX Special Edition with an automatic transmission is $30,077, including the destination charge.

Car_man
    Host
  • movolmovol Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man, any idea when lease deals and rates for November will comeout? Trying to decide between TSX, 2013 Kia Optima EX w/ premium and 2013 Altima SV with conv. Looking for best lease deal of the bunch.
  • gg014gg014 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car_man, would greatly appreciate your opinion on this deal (Washington DC area)

2012 TSX with Tech Package, MSRP 34005, got the price down to 31,000 but then the dealer mentioned a 595 acquisition fee + 395 documentation fee + tag fees bringing these fees up to $1196. Residual of 51%, money factor of 0.00011, and with 1500 down that works out to a payment of $343 pre-tax. Is this a good deal? Is paying that much in fees typical? Have never leased before.

Thanks!
    Forgot to mention, this is for a 3 year 36,000 mi lease.
    Hi movol. The November program is out. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 TSX is .00082 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gg014. the money factor and acquisition fee that you were given look good. They're right in line with Acura's base rates for this model.

Let's take a look at the selling price that you are being given. The dealer invoice price of a 2012 TSX 4-cylinder with the Tech Package is $32,020. This drops to right around $31,000 once we subtract the $1,000 available dealer cash from that. That's the exact selling price that you were quoted, so you are getting a good deal. Of course, you're really at around $400 over invoice after taking the doc fee into account, but that's still pretty good.

I'm not surprised about all the fees. Acura charges the acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. The doc fee is fluff, but in the big picture you're still getting this car for a good price. Most of the other fees and taxes are government mandated.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks a lot car_man!

Is it typical for lessees to roll the acquisition, doc and tag fees into the capitalized amount? Washington DC charges a monthly 10% sales tax on the lease payments, so it seems like it makes better sense to pay these in cash rather than rolling them into the cost and essentially paying taxes on these fees. I think DC also charges sales tax on any cap cost reduction made, so I'm trying to figure out the optimal amount to put down, I was thinking between 1500-2000. Any suggestions?

I'll try to see if I can talk them out of the doc fee, we'll see how it goes! Thanks again!
    Thanks Car man. Do you know the mf and residuals on both the 2012 and 2013 TSX? Looking at 10k and 15k miles. Also you mentioned to another post that there was a $1000 cash incentive? Any opinion on the better deal 2012 or 2013? Thanks for your help.
    Does anyone know if the 1,000 dealer cash that is available on the 2012 TSX is available on the 2013? I cant find mention of it anywhere on the web.
    0 is the optimal amount to put down. $400 per month is all you should pay for this car and at this moment in time. Once again 36 payments of $400 each. Just think about a car lease a if it is an appartment rent. Would you put any money down to reduce your monthly rent?
    Absolutely gg014. Consumers roll those fees into their payments all the time. I see your point about not waiting to pay taxes on the fees.

You definitely should go with zero capitalized cost reduction on a lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go movol. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00082 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00011 and 52%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, the residual values would be 2% higher. The 10k residual would be 3% higher.

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on the 2012 model, but nothing on the 2013 model.

You should be able to get a lower payment on a '12 than on a '13 at this point.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi movol. The dealer cash is only available on the 2012 model, not the 2013.

Car_man
    Host