Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Ya, I think you can do that same deal on a 36, I am sure since it is a 48mth lease, they are making a bit more profit on the deal. I would shoot for 36mth max. My mother had a VW Jetta for 4yrs and it was a long lease, she loved it though, and really it worked out, that is pretty long for a lease, and really defeats the whole purpose, especially when you can get it financed on a 5yr loan. I am certain you can get a normal 36mth lease, They are making more on the 48mth lease.

You know what, a lease really does go fast, before you know it, you'll be looking to trade again. People who lease like myself, find ourselves forever drawn to leasing, but I am okay with it.

When my current lease is done, I totally see myself back to Honda/Acura and the TSX is on the list to look at. The only issue I see is the I am with GMAC, and I don't see myself getting out of the lease in 2yrs or so like I did with my Honda and had no problems. Oh well.
  • flbuyerflbuyer Member Posts: 11
    Can anyone supply me with lease numbers for this car...36 months @ 12K/yr. Looking for Residual and Money Factor. My local dealer says 60% and .00235. Are those the current AHFC numbers?
  • lenzcarzlenzcarz Member Posts: 1
    Hello
    I was quoted a money factor of .00245 today. Trying for a 08 with nav. Priced at $26,913.00, 3 year, 12K, total drive off of $1,500.00, payment of $385 & tax. Here in So.Calif. - any good ???
  • gatorsfgatorsf Member Posts: 22
    The money factor and residual is consistent with a proposal I received.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi kousuke. Acura was providing special lease money factors on leases of the '08 TSX through Honda Finance in April. It pulled the plug on its special program on it in May. As a result, the money factor jumped to Honda Finance's standard rate. At least the $1,000 dealer cash on the base TSX and $1,500 on the TSX with nav are now compatible with leases.

Manufacturers often pull the plug on their lease support at the end of the model year when vehicles' residual values have fallen to the point that it becomes too expensive for automakers to provide attractive lease payments on them. Acura has already launched the '09 TSX so it pulled the plug on the '08 model's lease support a little earlier than it did on other '08 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    No problem, cndnbkn. Yep, the lease support is gone on the '08 TSX. Honda Finance's current residual value for a 36 month lease of an '08 TSX without navigation with 15,000 miles per year is 54%. The resid for an otherwise identical 36 month lease of an '08 TSX with navigation is 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gatorsf. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TSX with navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00235 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. I believe that the 42 month money factor drops to around .00220.

Other than the waiver its security deposit requirement for returning lessees, I am not aware of any loyalty offers from Acura.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rleicht. I have seen Acura's new lease program for the 2009 TSX. Not surprisingly, it is not currently providing any lease support on it. Honda Finance's latest buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00235 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. This residual value is scheduled to run through the beginning of July, but Honda Finance reserves the right to revise its standard lease money factors at any time.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi flbuyer. The money factor that you mentioned is right in line with Honda Finance's buy rate for this car. Strangely, the residual value that you mentioned looks low. I say that this is strange because individual dealers are not allowed to alter banks' residual values. According to the latest information that I have seen, Honda Finance's residual for a 36 month lease of an '09 TSX Tech with 12,000 miles per year is 65%.

Car_man
    Host
  • lepialepia Member Posts: 45
    Hello everyone,

I was offered the following deal tonight on a 2009 TSX"
    MSRP:29,675.00
    36 months
    10k miles
    423.08 tax included. a month
    Residual:20,475.75 = 69%
    MF:.00250
    Up front
    1st month payment:423.08
    Fees:129.25

when I put the numbers in the calculator, it doesnt add up. Yet, this is the offer I was given last night.
  • screamacescreamace Member Posts: 7
    Hello everyone,

I just got an offer of the 2009 TSX w/ Tech Package
    MSRP: 32820
    36 months, 10k miles/yr
    Residual value: 66%
    MF: 0.0026
    Upfront: 1st month payment + 299 dealer fees (595 acquisition fee rolled into monthly payments)
    Monthly payment: 503 tax included
    Tax here is 7.3%

The number coincident with what I got using an online lease calculator. Since the car is selling at MSRP I don't know if I can get a better deal or not. Maybe the 299 dealer fees can be negotiable, other than that, there's not much room to work around :(
  • heischjrheischjr Member Posts: 22
    I went to my local Acura dealer and this is the deal they gave me:
    MSRP-$29,675
    Cap Cost-$28,400
    12K Residual-68%
    Money Factor-.00285 because I do not have a 720 beacon score for .00265 top tier.
    Monthly payment with tax(6.25%)-$419 for 36 months.
    The only money I owe up front is what I owe on my trade.

What do you think of this deal?
  • dalecpadalecpa Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to lease a 09 TSX for 3 years, 18000 miles per year, $1000.00 down. Dealership came up with $484.00 per month.I have excellent credit I'm looking to be at about $425-$440. Is that feasible?
  • rsaylersayle Member Posts: 3
    hey guys,

has anyone seen the current money factor and residual value on the new 09 tsx w/ the tech package?

thanks
    Hey rsayle. I have seen the 2009 TSX's lease program. It varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what you want for either of these variables, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '09 TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rsaylersayle Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the information. The terms we would want are 36 months and 12,000 miles per year or we could even go down to 10,000 miles if needed. We were wanting to keep the payments below $500 a month. Do you think that is workable?
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    Should be possible. With just fees + 1st month payment (around 1300 or so), you can probably lease it for around $430 or so + tax. Your payments should drop around 9-10 dollars if you opt for 10k miles.
  • mungoosemungoose Member Posts: 1
    Got an lease offer on a 2009 TSX non tech:

MSRP 29,675
    10K miles/year
    $2799 down
    69% Residual = 20475.75
    MF = .0025
    $377 tax included

Other terms:
    Acquistion fee. 595
    Documentation Fee 195
    Cap Cost Recution 1898.05
    Net Capitalized Cost 29575.17
    Residual Value 20475.75
    Total Depreciation 9099.42
    Mothly Depreciation 252.76
    Monthly Rent 125.13
    Base. 377.89

I still think it's high considering $2799 down. Any thoughts appreciated.

I also got a quote for $449 for the Tech model using same terms, and they dropped it to $434 before I left.
  • ugfwshugfwsh Member Posts: 2
    mungoose.

I am no expert on car leasing but read quite some info about it lately and hope this can help.

The most important factor is missing here: "Purchase Price"! From your numbers, it looks like you are paying (leasing) for more than MSRP.

I think you should focus on:
    1. Purchase Price: $invoice + dealer profit
    2. MF: It is negotiable. The base rate should be 0.00235, try to search around for a correct amount. Anything above base rate is dealer's profit.
    3. Document fee sounds high to me and I think it is negotiable. I usually paid around $45 in CA.
    4. You should not put any down payment unless you really want to control your monthly payment amount. Your due at signing should be 1st payment + tax + ttl + fees.
    5. optional MSDs (Multiple Security Deposits). After purchase price and MF are settled, ask if you can put down MSDs to lower your MF. You will get the money back when the lease is over. A friend just did this on her BMW, but

Again, don't negotiate monthly payment with dealers. Talk price and MF. ;) Calculate the payment yourself with a lease calculator. Good luck.

~ugfwsh
  • gpsacgpsac Member Posts: 98
    anyone have the current 24 mo mf, res % for 15k on TSX

thanks
    MF is not negotiable unless there is a dealer markup or his/her credit is not in the 700s. Doc fee is different from place to place, in CA, we're rather lucky that we only pay $45. Some states are in the 400-500 range, while other dealers don't charge at all.
    MSDs is a good way to lower your MF and you can get your money back at the end of the lease.
    Good call on the "don't negotiate monthly payments" thing. It's very important to secure the lowest sale price for the vehicle and only put money down if you really need to lower the monthly payments so it fits into your monthly budget. I personally wouldn't do it since in the event of an accident, you could lose a substantial portion of that down payment.
  • ugfwshugfwsh Member Posts: 2
    Yes, you are right. MF is not negotiable if it is base rate (assuming credit is above 720). Anyone knows how to find out base rates on certain makes and models?

I guess the doc fee is capped to $45 in CA by law. If it is unreasonably high in other states, I believe it is still negotiable. If not, I would consider it as dealer's profit when negotiating the purchase price.
  • habiemhabiem Member Posts: 22
    Are others out there seeing decent lease rates on an 09 TSX with Technology Package. I like the car, but the lease rate the dealer quoted (without any negotiation - $617/mo) is ridiculous. I can easily get a G35X w/Premium for less than a TSX, even though its has a $5000 higher MSRP. Just curious what others were seeing...Thanks
  • tsa1tsa1 Member Posts: 15
    i was quoted $417 with 1200 total drive off for a 09 Tsx tech, i went with the Base as it was considerably cheaper and to me wasnt worth the extra money per month.

good luck!
  • nydesi80nydesi80 Member Posts: 13
    I dont understand why people are leasing the TSX at these prices? You can get a TL with Nav for this kind of money, is it cuz of the difference in gas mileage? I think both cars look great.
    I should also note my quote was based on 20,000/mi per year, but still, $600+ is nuts. I'll get a nice BMW for that...

And yes, the dealer quoted me a lower price on the TL. Said the TSX is in high demand.
    If you go beyond the standard 10,12,15k yearly mileage allowances, it will cost you a lot on a BMW as well. The reason why the payments on a 2009 TSX is so high its because its new and AHFC is not offering any lease support on them.

36mo/12k - residual 65% - money factor .00245 on the 2009 TSX
    OR
    36mo/12k - residual 68% - money factor .00235 on the 2008 TSX

Yup, the 2009 seems like a bad deal right now.
    Sure, I know the 20,000 miles is a lot and is out of the norm. I also know the BMW would kill me on 20K, too - my point was just that over $600/mo to lease a TSX seems a bit crazy. I think their initial offer on a TL was like 550 and the TSX was 617. Neither one of them had navi - just base models. Seemed a bit crazy to me.
  • dotbowelsdotbowels Member Posts: 43
    If I put $2,500 down what type lease deal should I be able to get on a 2009 TSX Base. Thanks Dorothy
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Remember, it just came out, so dealers love that. Send in plenty of email quotes, that will help.
    Well, it all comes down to the negotiated sales price. In March, I got a $380 per month quote for the TL with $800 at signing. Right now the residual value has dropped and the MF has gone up, hence the high payments. Add on the fact that you want a 20,000 mile lease, then you're paying a preset "per mile" price for any mile in excess of 15k per year. I don't normally recommend leases that exceed 15k miles per year. Might as well buy the car.
    Hi Dorothy,
    Try not to negotiate monthly payments.. What you need to do is negotiate the lowest selling price for your vehicle, just like you do with a purchase. The moment dealers know you're leasing, they will play the monthly payment + down payment game with you. That makes it easy for them to hide extra costs into your lease. Get the lowest price possible and tell them no money down, just "inception fees". Assuming you have a great credit score, and a lower than MSRP negotiated sale price, your payments could be in the $350-$400 + tax range. Here is a lease calculator/formula for you to figure out your payments based on the numbers the dealer gives you.
    BTW, my estimates assume a 36mo/12k mile per year lease.
    Putting $1,500 down with the best credit rating etc money factor was 0.00026. Took $1,000 off list. Disposal fee and security deposit waived. First month payment including sales tax licensing etc $1,500 out the door No first month payment 35 to go Monthly payments of $388

Does that sound fair?
    It sounds like a good deal ONLY if it's financed through American Honda Financial Credit because they offer GAP coverage, $1500 damage waiver, no disposition fee among other things...Also make sure it's a close-end lease.
    The reason I mention this is because the MF is way lower than the current rate...so it looks suspicious....btw, what is the sale price?
  • mondocanemondocane Member Posts: 2
    I think dotbowels inadvertently added an extra zero to the Money Factor. Dotbowels probably meant .0026 (not .00026) which is about 6.24% APR.
    Correct on the extra 0
    It is a closed end Honda Lease
    The sales price was $1,000 off of $29,630

So was it a deal or no deal? Thanks

Dorothy
    Its as good as you can probably get around this time. I would go for it.
    Does anyone know if the residual value and money factor will be changing in July?
    If so, what will they be for a 36 month lease with 12k miles per year?
  • jlopintojlopinto Member Posts: 24
    Looking for the current rates on the above.

Deciding between a TSX or an Accord ('08) LX-P or EX.

Are there '08 TSX available?

What about a <10K mis. '08 TSX for lease?

TIA
  • jlopintojlopinto Member Posts: 24
    Anyone lease a dealer demo car from the dealers fleet vehicles?

Is it the same process just a lower Cap Cost?

Thanks
  • hondamattnjhondamattnj Member Posts: 53
    It depends on the actual car you are leasing. There are limitations to the mileage and whether or not the car has been titled.
    Anyone have the July residual value and money factor for an 09 TSX with Tech Pkg for 15K mile, 36 month lease?
    Hi gpsac. You definitely don't want to lease this car for 24 months. Honda's 24 month buy rate lease money factor for it is much higher than its 36 month factor, .00370 versus .00270 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier and pay a security deposit. The 36 month residual value for a 15,000 mile per year lease of a base '09 TSX is currently 64%.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman,
    Do you know the residual and money factor for a 36 month 12,000 miles per year 2009 TSX lease?
    Thanks.
  • hondamattnjhondamattnj Member Posts: 53
    Carman would be able to give you the exact number, but there is usually a 2% difference in residual for a 36 month lease.
    Hi heischjr. Honda Finance's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Acura TSX without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00270 and 54%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 dealer cash that is available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, habiem. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TSX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00270 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey heischjr. The numbers for a 36 month, 12k lease of an '09 TSX without Tech are .00270 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • lousirlousir Member Posts: 4
    Here was the deal I just got at a Tampa, Florida Acura dealer

Acura TSX no nav package.

36 months
    Due at signing was first payment (35 more payments left)

$411 per month

Thoughts?
  • mikebztmikebzt Member Posts: 44
    Presently quoted $30,500 in NJ. Do you think they will go down further?
    I think I am actually going to lease though. Was told $459 month for 36 months. nothing down.
    Does anyone know if this is a good deal. Would love to get this done by next week