Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    Invoice is $27,398

27,398 + 600 - 1600 = 26,398 not the 25,650 in your example

Would not count on getting KBB's trade-in value for your car. These figures are notoriously higher than what dealers are offering.
  • gab2409gab2409 Member Posts: 20
    I'm assuming that $777 in our invoice prices is the destination fee...isn't that something that I could avoid by leasing an in-stock vehicle?
    Looking for Base model 15K per year, 36 and 48 months. Also are these valid for the next two months?

Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey drtravel. Acura is not providing lease support on 4 year leases of the 2009 TSX, so if you want to lease for this long its money factor would increase slightly from the special .00263 to the standard .00290 (for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. Honda Finance's residual value for a 48 month lease of a base '09 TSX with 15,000 miles per year is 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here you go, drtravel. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00263 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00300 and 52%. I believe that this lease program is scheduled to run through January 5th.

Car_man
    Host
    Hmm, a "special" lease of 0.00263 (or 6.31%) doesn't really seem all that great to me. Better than 0.00290 ( 6.96%) I guess but given the current economic situation was expecting better. Oh well, I guess money is tight for Honda Financial so I'll just wait until their continued TSX weak sales changes their mind.

Thanks for the info
    There was a post in the TL forum stating that Acura just dropped their MF on the TL. Was wondering if you knew if Acura dropped their MF on the TSX as well.
  • bsquared81bsquared81 Member Posts: 4
    Brand new here, I appreciate all the info you all provide here.

Does Acura use the same residual percentages on TSX w/Technology Package as they do on TSX base? Like a few others on this forum, I am debating between EX-L Accord and TSX. I know Honda lowers residual percentages on higher level Accords. I am wondering if Acura does the same thing. If Acura 63 % across the board for 36 months, 12k, than is my math of $29.22 more per month correct at invoice pricing? Seems worth it...
    $30224-invoice TSX/w Tech
    $27381-invoice without
    $2843 Price premium to get tech pack
    X .37 (1-.63, essentially won't 63% of tech pack residualize?)
    $1051.91 (amount actually paid for teck pack over 36 months?)
    / 36 months
    $29.22 month plus tax?
    Does Acura use the same residual percentages on TSX w/Technology Package as they do on TSX base?

No

Here are the residuals for each 15K miles/year

Base:
    24 months - 68%
    36 months - 62%
    48 months - 52%

Tech:
    24 months - 65%
    36 months - 59%
    48 months - 49%
  • olivioboliviob Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car Man! Me again, no onto the TSX, think this is best val for money these days. A dealer emailed me this, I don't think these monthly lease payments are all that attractive, would love your input. Thanks!

Vehicle Price: $32,820.00
    Preferred Customer Discount: -$2,500.00
    Selling Price: $30,320.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,508.25
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $242.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.75
    Other: + $28.00
    Documentation Fee: + $55.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $30.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $33,192.00

Cash Due at
    Signing 36 months
    12,000 Miles
    $841 $473
    $875 $472
    $1,100 $465

Note : PAYMENTS INCLUDE TAX AND LICENSE PLUS A PRO PAC WHICH IS WHEEL LOCKS ,MUD GUARDS AND TRUNK TRAY
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Payments look to be normal, but look at your sale price, I am not sure how low you can go, but the post above you have a number closer to invoice. I think your sale price could go lower. Honestly, I think $0 down could get you those payments.
    Since, apparently, you can lease a base TSX for "around" $400

Preferred discount? What is that? No such thing, come on..lol. I think the info they provided is not too off, but I feel the sale price could be worked more, and lose all the down payment numbers until the end, dealers love to throw us customers off with down payments. Then once you get a "realistic" deal, then if you want to put some money down, then do it. :)

The deal looks better WITHOUT ANY MONEY DOWN, as you can get a base model for the lower $400's. Since you said I think the navi is $2k more, which is $40-60 more a month, on top of a base lease. Be careful. Remember, don't make a move on just 1 quote, get multiple quotes via Acura.com from dealers.

See dealers love to confuse you, then you get so crazed that you just sign..lol

Car_man, could you please shed some light on this, as I am looking at this same dilemma, Accord or TSX.
    I thought those prices were less than favorable, so you've confirmed that! I know car man always tells us to first negotiate sale price, then payments. I have another dealer who just emailed $30,779 on a tsx w nav. I'm trying to get payments around 400/mo w little down. Possible here? Lease terms 36 mos, 12k mi/yr. Thanks for the input this far!
    No problem, I think I will wait until Car_man gives us more info, but the TSX with tech package is exactly what I want! I really am drawn to the paddleshifters, plus, it looks amazing! It reminds me of a Jetta, Accord, all rolled into one, I love driving my mothers 08 Jetta, it is so much fun!

Unfortunately, I am stuck in a GM car lease now, I am hoping to have the lease transferred. Maybe, I will drive the car until Spring, then get the TSX. Heck its almost December, before you know it, it'll be after New years, Maybe they'll be better deals on the TSX. I wouldn't want to get my new TSX in crappy snow anyway..lol.
    You're right, drtravel. While better than the new standard rate of .00300, a money factor of .00263 is not very "special."

Car_man
    Host
    Nope, drtravel, to the best of my knowledge Honda Finance's money factor for the 2009 TSX has not been enhanced.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey oliviob. This is the worst that I have ever seen things in the auto industry. If you shop around with a few dealers, I suspect that you will be able to find one that is willing to lease you the 2009 TSX that you are interested in at dealer invoice.

Having said this, I just checked and the selling price that you were quoted is indeed right around invoice. The invoice price for an '09 TSX with an automatic transmission and the Technology package is $30,242. You might be able to squeeze another $100 or so out of the deal, but this is close to as good as it gets on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man! While I did not end up leasing a TSX, i did shop around quite a bit and wanted let other forum members know about what I found. For a TSX BASE model, best lease deal in so California was 1000 total drive offs, 378/mo tax incl for a 36/12 lease. Do your internet shopping, these guys will deal. Didn't find those prices for nav model, nor did I try as hard. Thanks for all the help regardless! These forums are invaluable!
    You're very welcome, oliviob. I'm glad that you find the forums so helpful. Thank you for taking the time to share the deal that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    I would be totally happy with that deal! Of course even with the base model, but the tech package would probably set me back about another $60 more a month. Assuming the Tech package is about $2k. Based on what my dealer offered for an EX-L Accord 4cyl no navi, $370 due/$370 a month, When the TSX is $1,000 drive off/$378mth. So close, and I am sure the deal could be tweaked to be closer. But that makes the Accord lease deal look horrible considering the EX-L 4cyl no navi is about $24k in sale price, and the TSX is a bit under $30k. I am going with the TSX.

But, the Accord quote was coming from a very stingy dealer! Bob Rohrman!
    Buyer Beware?!
  • mcginsumcginsu Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car Man,

When you have some time, wondering if you could provide the December MF and Residuals for 2009 TSX base model for 15K miles/year, for 36 months. Also, if I decide to go with a 2008 model, how much do you think it might be discounted?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

Jackie O
  • toyoman8toyoman8 Member Posts: 114
    I have a question. I've been shopping for about a week now and every time I get a quote on a lease I plug all the numbers in the Lease Calculator from edmunds and I even add Acqu. Fees around $1500 and yet my mos. payments are always off by like $80-100 from the dealer. Why is that??

Ok there is a new deal in town $309x36x10k +TAX w/ $3500 down for 2009 TSX base
    MSRP $29720

If I were to get it for $27,500 just a bit above invoice and put only $3000 down for a 36x12k

what would be my payments???? with a credit 700-720 Please help
    update got a quote from a dealer sounds like a decent deal

Your Special Internet Price for the 2009 Acura TSX Base model Automatic is $27,995.00. For the 36 months lease/12000 miles a year with total $3,000.00 down, the lease payment is $375 with 35 payments remaining. Residual is 64% after 36 months, money factor is 0.00263 and $595.00 acqu fee.

Not sure if it tax included, I e-mailed the guy waiting for an answer.
    $3,000 down? uh? something is not right. Look at previous posts, and you'll see better deals, I have gotten better via emails.
    I dodn't know, it's like $500 over invoice. This time I actually took the car over night, and weeeell I don't like the seats, it's not comfortable and hurting my back. It's like a bulge pushing in my back. At first I thought it was the support thing but it wasn't, 'cause I pushed the back support all the way in. So Iam not gonna buy it.
    Hi,

Getting ready to hopefully make a deal to lease a new TSX base model this month. Does anyone happen to have the December money factor and residual for 36 month/15K per year rates? Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    ttam5487
    Update got a new deal offer, $325 a mos. for 36mosx12k and $3000 down. I denied it
    MF = 0.00263
    Residual = 62%
    $3000 down

Ask them what it is for no money down - generally agreed that you should never put anything down on a lease. Only thing you should pay is the $595 acquisition fee and the first month's payment.
  • nycangelnycangel Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me if the following is a good deal for a 2009 TSX with Navi:

36 Mo - 10K per year
    $2300 down
    $447 per month

The monthly price seems high? Anyone???
    HUH? $447 a month for a car under $30k, TSX with Navi.... only 10k mile..?? Still they are wanting $2300 for your down payment... something is very wrong with that deal. I think you could get 12k a year, $0 down, and get this payment.

First off, what was the sale price offered? You can get a loaded Accord with all options for much lower than that now... Lol, that is hilarious, get email quotes,
    Acura.com, request a quote, try more than 1 dealer.

Wow,lol
    Thanks drtravel, I submitted my quote requests, now I'll see what the dealers come back with.
  • nycangelnycangel Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input. Actually - the car is a MSRP of $32,080 with Navi. I put it into the online Lease calculater and it didn't seem like a bad deal. According to the calculater, worked out to a sale price of $29,000 with $2361 down - but not sure how accurate that is.

Anyway, just hate car salesman, can't believe a word they say!
  • darknightx13darknightx13 Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking for the money factor and residual values on an '09 TSX for a 36 Month lease with 15K miles per year. I'm most probably going to go WITHOUT Nav, but if you have the numbers for both, I'd be curious to see them.
    Thanks.
    Read post 889 in this forum.

The Tech model has the same money factor, however the residual is 59% instead of 62% for the base model.

Just read that America Honda lowered the money factor on the TL today. Maybe they will do the same for the TSX!
    Quote I got,

Acura TSX base

$355 a month
    36 months
    10k a year
    $0 down
    First payment due.

I really want this car, unfortunately I am stuck in an 08 GM car. Perhaps spring I will be in a better position.
  • acuraleaseacuralease Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys,
    My 07 TL lease is up in mid-January. Got a call from the guy who leased me my TL to talk about my options for a new car. I want to lower my payment to below 350 a month for 36 months, 10k miles a yr (i'm in NYC area). So I was ready to start looking at cheaper cars (Hondas, Toyota's, etc). But he said "we can work something out for the TSX".

1) Whats the best deal I can get in NY on 09 TSX w NAV, 36mnths, 10k miles
    2) He also said that the residual factor will decline by 3% if I wait till January, is this true or total BS?

thanks, love this forum.
  • viperz4viperz4 Member Posts: 21
    Just closed a deal on 2009 TSX, base model, 10K miles/year lease for $365/month with tax, title and license and first payment due at delivery, total around $1400.

I spoke with 4 dealerships and everyone is willing to sell at invoice or little above invoice as they are flooded with vehicles and wants to get rid of their inventory.
    Good time to purchase a new car....
  • viperz4viperz4 Member Posts: 21
    Sorry, a typo, it is $360/month, not $365.
    Here you go, Jackie O. Honda Finance;s current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Acura TSX with 15,000 miles per year are .00263 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

If I was in the market for an '08 TSX, I personally wouldn't may any more than dealer invoice minus the available dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi toyoman8. It is difficult for me to say why you are coming up with a different payment on this car than the dealer is. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a base 2009 Acura TSX that has an MSRP of $29,720 and a selling price of $27,500 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $358.

I worked up a zero down lease for you because it is in your best interest not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Consumers who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you really want to make a $3,000 cap cost reduction on this lease, it would drop the car's monthly payment to around $267.

I used Excel and the formula that is described in the following article to calculate these payments: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey drtravel. While Acura did just enhance its lease program on the 2009 TL, it unfortunately has not made any changes to its lease program on the '09 TSX yet. According to the latest information that I have seen, Honda Finance's current Super Preferred buy rate for it is still .00263.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi acuralease. It is very likely that Honda Finance's residual value for the 2009 TSX will drop by a couple of points in January. However, when this sort of thing happens manufacturers often lower vehicles' money factors to offset the drop and maintain similar lease payments. It is impossible to say whether Acura will do this, but if I had to bet on it I would say that it will. It is in the dealer's best interest to create a sense of urgency in consumers to get them to finalize deals as soon as possible.

Let's crunch some numbers and see what a good lease payment would be like on the car that you're interested in. For now I will assume a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2009 Acura TSX Tech AT that has an MSRP of $32,820 and a selling price of $30,741 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $424 assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't see how the dealer is going to be able to get you into this car for less than $350 per month, especially once tax is added in. Perhaps they'll try to steer you towards a base TSX or ask you for a large down payment...which is never a good idea.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new TSX, viperz4. Dealer invoice is a very good deal. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with us. Real world examples like this are always helpful for other community members who are in the market for similar vehicles. Don't forget to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • darknightx13darknightx13 Member Posts: 11
    Car_man,
    I posted this in the "prices paid" thread, but maybe it's better suited here. I would love your input. I have been quoted the following on a 2009 TSX without the tech package.

36 Months, 15K miles per year.
    $385 a month
    $595 Bank Fee + $385 (first pmt) + DMV Fees (under 200) would be due at signing.

The $385 figure is based on a negotiated sale price of $26950, which I believe is $450 below invoice. I really wanted to try and get the payment down to $379, but this means they need to drop another $200 off the price of the vehicle. I also want them to throw in splash guards, wheel locks, the trunk tray and 2 yrs of oil changes as they did on my previous lease. Right now, all they are offering is the $385 a month, with none of the extras. I've had another dealership quote me at $419 per month over the phone. Am I crazy to be seeking a better price on this car? Is $450 under invoice considered a "steal". I don't know what to do.

What about the bank fee? Is it normal to pay this up front?
    Thanks Car_man,

How much lower can I lower my payment if I would accept a demo model?

Also, I read in some Nissan posts that they have a loyalty incentive for repeat customers. Do Acuras have any of that?
    Viperz4, I think you did okay, but you could lose the money down, because that is what a dealer offered me. Just first payment due, same terms.$355mth.
    Hey Car_Man,

Will yesterdays decision to drop the fed funds rate reflect in lower money factors for the industry in general and 09' TSX with NAV specifically =)?
  • kball2kball2 Member Posts: 62
    Car Man,

Can you provide the details behind the zero down $358 per month payment that you mention. I have a spreadsheet build and I am very experienced at leasing, but I can not make the numbers work. What money factor, residual %, etc are you using?

I am considering buying. Do you think the 2.9% financing will go away in January?
    Hi darknightx13. I just saw your movie last night. A little long, but not bad. $450 below dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a 2009 Acura TSX. I suppose that anything is possible, given the dismal state of the auto industry right now, but I personally doubt that you will be able to do much better than this price.

Honda Finance charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. Lessees can either pay this fee at lease signing or have it added into their vehicle's capitalized cost to bake it into their monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi acuralease. The amount that going with a demo will reduce your monthly payment by depends upon how much of an additional discount the dealer is willing to provide you on it. My personal problem with demo vehicles is that I find that dealers are never willing to provide enough of an additional discount on them for me to justify purchasing what essentially is a low mileage used vehicle over a brand new one that no one else has driven all over the place.

I do not believe that Acura is currently providing any cash incentives for loyal customers on the TSX.

Car_man
    Host