Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Audi A3 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jeffstra. The selling price that you were quoted for this car is excellent. It is probably right around, or even a little below dealer invoice. The money factor that you were quoted looks great too. If you like this car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi papapapaul. The money factor that you were quoted for this car is too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of it is only .00080 with the payment of a security deposit and .00095 with the deposit waived. Make sure the money factor that's used to calculate your car's payment isn't any higher than that.

The other negotiable aspect of this deal is your car's selling price. If you tell me what this number is, I;d be happy to tell you what I think of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jmcclenahanjmcclenahan Member Posts: 15
    Car Man,

Do you have the current MF and residual (36 months/12k miles per year) for AFS for the following:

2007 A3 3.2 S-Line
    Cold Weather
    Technology Package
    Open Sky
    MSRP: $37,750

A dealer told this can be had for "about" $525/month but didn't supply any details (yet).

Thanks in advance....
    Hi jmcclenahan. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through March 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A3 3.2 S-Line with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 48%, respectively.

You never mentioned this car's selling price in your post. Make sure to find out exactly what it is. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the A3 that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate its monthly payment using the aforementioned lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jmcclenahanjmcclenahan Member Posts: 15
    Thanks. After I posted this question, I saw somewhere else that the AFS A3 3.2 residual for 36 months and 12k was 50% (48% for 15k miles)....so just wondering if you can recheck...also - is the MF 0.0008 with a sec dep and 0.00095 without one?

Also if take delivery on March 7th, can the dealer apply new lease rates even though he's already told me he can do the deal with the current rates?

The price I negotiated was $35,750 for a car with an MSRP of $37,300 and an invoice of $34,883. So 2.5% over invoice...but it's one of the few 3.2s I have seen in stock around here in CT and it happened to be the exact color, etc. I wanted...I also don't believe in crushing the dealer to the point where they don't make a dime....all that said, what do you think about the price?
  • liagukliaguk Member Posts: 5
    Hello,
    looking for current lease money factor residual on A3 3.2 15k 24 and 36 month lease.
    Thank you. :)
  • seanwestseanwest Member Posts: 6
    Car Man,
    Do you have the lease rates for the base Audi A3 2.0t with DSG for 12k and 15k, for 36 months?
    Thanks in advance,
    Sean
    No problem jmcclenahan. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A3 3.2 with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 48%, respectively. AFS will waive its security deposit requirement in exchange for an increase of .00015 in your vehicle's money factor. $917 over invoice looks like a reasonable price for this car to me, but you might want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: Sylvia, "Audi A3: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences" #, 9 May 2005 6:25 pm.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello liaguk. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Audi A3 3.2 with 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00080 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, Sean. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2007 A3 2.0T with DSG and 15,000 miles per year are .00080 and 53%, respectively. The money factor for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is the same, but the residual value is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • seanwestseanwest Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Car Man.
  • msurbrowmsurbrow Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man,

Here's the car I am hoping to lease. Could you please post the lease details assuming a 24 or 36 month lease with 10,000 miles per year?

-2007 A3 2.0T
    -Premium
    -Automatic
    -Cold Weather
    -Audio Package *
    -Ibis White/black leather (yum!)

* Also, I did have another question - it is not clear whether both the 'Audio Package' and the 'Audi Symphony' contain Sirius radio. Do you know? I'll probably not get the Audio Package if both have Sirius.

Thanks!
  • jsevensevenjsevenseven Member Posts: 11
    Car Man,
    I am looking to lease an A3 for 36 months with 10k miles per year. What is the money factor and residual for:
    2.0T Premium/DSG
    2.0T S Line/DSG
    3.2 Quattro
    Thanks for your help.
  • concentriqconcentriq Member Posts: 2
    Shopping for a car now (A3 36months+15K/yr):
    Somethng that one of the dealers told me:
    1. Apparently, if you choose S-Line, your Residual drops by 2 points (51%), as compared to selecting Premium Package, which yelds 53% residual.
    2. In either case I got Money Factor of 0.0009.
    3. No security desposit with this MF.

Hope this is of value to someone.

PS. Anyone seen anything lower??
  • msurbrowmsurbrow Member Posts: 8
    Update

According to one of the dealers I've been talking to, the Bose system is only available with the Open Sky System - which isn't something I really want.

As for Sirius, it only comes with the Bose system - so if you want Sirius you've got to get Open Sky as well...
  • concentriqconcentriq Member Posts: 2
    So, from everything I have read, it looks like Audi does not have dealer holdback. What do they have instead of dealer holdback? I find it hard to believe that there is no "hidden" profit for them (unlike other manufacturers)

Thanks!
    No problem, seanwest.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi msurbrow. This car's lease payment will depend upon what its MSRP is and what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. Let me know what these numbers are and I will be happy to use them along with Audi Financial Services' current lease program to work up some lease payments for you. You can find this car's MSRP in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A3: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences". Let me know what these numbers are and I'll work up some payments for you.

I know that the "Audio Package" definitely does include Sirius radio, but I'm not sure if it is included in the "Symphony." I suspect that it is not.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings jsevenseven. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A3 2.0T Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00080 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 A3 2.0T S Line are .00080 and 54%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Audi A3 3.2 are .00080 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • monomythmonomyth Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man!

Did the MF and Residual change after the 2nd of April (end of audi a3 lease special)? Or what are the current rates for 36month, 12k a year lease?

Thanks a lot!
  • bdwellebdwelle Member Posts: 6
    I have the same question. I had gotten that same MF quote of 0.0008 (1.92%) talking to a dealer last month, but now they (well, a different dealer) are quoting 0.0035 (8.28%). Clearly, this is a RADICAL difference. I could understand a couple/few points, but that's huge. What gives? Can anyone quote current Audi lease money factor and residuals for Audi A3 3.2 (and/or 2.0T)) for a 36 month 10K/mile/year lease?

thx!
    bdwelle,

Looks like that lease special program is really over (officially it was running till April 2), unless somebody will confirm otherwise (hence my question). I missed it too, and was quoted the same ~8%. Even though according to this document A3 sales are not going well.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    A3 sales are suffering from the lets make 5K profit per vehicle and sell 10K per year instead of making 2.5K profit per vehicle and sell 20K per year mentality. Honda and Toyota go for bulk sales; Audi goes for maxiumum profit per vehicles.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    andres3,

I fail to see your point, neither honda or toyota is a luxury sporty car. If you want bulk sales there is Skoda for that or VW. But that's all just trolling.
    Point is, instead of leasing I opted for financing, while APR is still low there...
    Hi monomyth. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A3 2.0T Base vary by region. Audi has special enhanced money factors on this car in its Western and Southern regions. Let me know what state you are in and I will be happy to give you the program for your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello bdwelle. As I mentioned in my previous post, Audi's current lease program for the A3 varies by region. Let me know what state you are in and I will tell you what this car's exact money factor is for your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • simansiman Member Posts: 7
    Hi Car Man,
    I live in Florida and I am in the middle of looking for a lease program (A3). Last weekend, we visited the local Audi dealer and they gave us this price for Audi A3 2.0T (Base) with automatic trans:
    MSRP: $27,990.00
    Down: $2000 (including first month payment, but not including the acquisition fee or deposit)
    Payments: $345 plus tax
    Term: 36 months (36,000 mile)
    What do you think of this deal? The leasing manager told us they maybe able to take another $10-$15 off per month.
    Should I ask for more? such as maintenance services, etc?
    When is the leasing program expired? Thanks!
  • minn55441minn55441 Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at an A3 2.0T Manual, with the following options. Premium, open sky, cold weather and Premium paint of Lava gray pearl ($450 upgrade). The MSRP is $30,015 including the destination charge ($29,240 without). I think I can pick one up for $28,500.

What would I be looking at in terms of Money factor and residual for a 36 month lease? Miles would probably be 10K to 12K. I live in Minnesota and will probably lease in June or July. In the past have the lease programs become better with the new model years arrival approaching?

Thanks for your help. Currently deciding between purchasing an 06 or leasing an 07. Depending on what the difference in payments would be.
    Hi Car Man,
    It is me again, I tried to edit my previous post, but couldn't.
    Just wanted to clarify my questions.
    Originally, we planned to purchase. After all, owning 15 different vechicles in the last 6 years, we decided it is better to lease. We are planning to lease 2007 Audi A3 2.0T (Auto) and basic model. We were given the MSRP: $27,990. They said put $2000 down including the first month due (they didn't ask for deposit or acquasition fee). However, they mentioned that if we decided to go with another Audi lease (after this lease expired), they will waive the acquisition fee.
    The monthly payment is $345 plus tax. If we want to include the maintenance services, add $15 per month.
    The lease term is 36 months (36K miles), 25 cents per mile for over the mileage.
    Right before we left, they mentioned something about the monthly price.....they could lower $10-$15 per month (so pretty much cover the maintenance services). The maintenance sevice did not include the tires rotation which is out of the pocket.
    Also, he mentioned something about tires, they may charged $$$ if tires worn out at a certain % wear.
    We need to know exactly what covers and what not. How could we know this? Any hidden fees or future costs when returning?
    Normal wear is okay with them.
    Thanks buddy!
  • black00black00 Member Posts: 48
    Can someone please post the current lease rates/terms for the A3 2.0T CVT and Quattro? (24-36 mo 10/12/15K miles)
    There's no good leasing rate for A3 this month. I tried to get a quote from my local, it was outrageous price! At the current month, they have great A4 leasing program. However, my local dealer said they may have a good leasing program for A3 next month. I prefer A3 to A4, so I am holding my hope for next month :-)
    Hi siman. You never mentioned the selling price of the A3 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

As far as this car's lease program goes, Audi just introduced its new July program on 7/3.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi minn55441. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Audi A3 2.0T Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 50%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, black00. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A3 2.0T Base model with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00205 and 48%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher. Its 10k resids are 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • intunemanintuneman Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man, Appreciate your info here. I wanted to confirm the lease info for a particular A3 since I don't know if certain packages make a difference on the lease rates. Also does prepaying for Audi Care raise the residual here by 1%? Thought I read that somewhere on these boards.

A3 2.0 S-Line with Open Sky, Black on Black

MSRP 30,895 on Edmunds calculator (though $30,840 at dealer)
    Invoice 28,634 on Edmunds calculator
    36 mo lease
    12k and 15k miles annually

Is MF .00205 as above with 51% residual? Or am I slightly off?

Thank you.
  • cdezsocdezso Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am planning on getting an A3 this or the next weekend... am on a tight budget and so I'll be getting the very basic automatic in lava-grey - no premium, cold weather, open sky, nothing!
    This DC area dealer offered to sell at $1,500 below invoice - it works out to be $1,200 below KBB/Edmunds invoice.
    Audi A3 DSG Lava-grey
    MSRP: 28,045 (destination charge included)
    Negotiated price: 24,873
    With all taxes and tile: 26,652 (no 550 warranty included)

I plan on paying the taxes, title, processing fee, and say 2,000 down-payment from the 24,873 negotiated price(more if
    the lease deals are better)

1. Does the deal sound OK - 1,500 below invoice? Shall I try to bargain further?
    2. I plan to lease it for 3-4 years @ 10,000 miles/year. Does Audi have any offers for leasing terms? And what is the residual value and money factor for this car?
    3. If I lease it, should I go for premium/cw/open sky? Seems that everyone has some options on their A3s. Would the monthly lease payments be substantially different?
    4. And finally, should I be aware of any other "unexpected costs" that I might encounter at the dealership?

This is going to be my first car purchase in the US (or anywhere for that matter), and I've only been to a dealership once, for the A3 testdrive.

Any insights are very much appreciated.

Allbest.
  • thatsenoughthatsenough Member Posts: 7
    I don't know anything about leasing, but I think $1500 below invoice is a very good price. I am also thinking about purchasing an A3 soon, but the dealers here is only willing to take $1000 off the MSRP :cry: . I am in Houston, Texas... How can I propose to the dealer to take $1500 off the invoice price??? :confuse:
    I was offered (verbally) by my local Audi dealership for A3 barebone at $25K out the door (including tax, fees). The sales tax is in FL 7%.
    Not sure about the MSRP, but I think it was in the $26K range (including the destination charge). It is absolutely the basic model with 6-speed Manual, clothes interior, red or white color. No upgrade!
    Should I wait for the special lease program? I should have leased the car when I was there in the month of May....where they offered us $2K down, $340/mo plus tax with auto trans & audi care program for 12K per year (3 year lease).
    Anyone know if they are going to have a new lease program for A3? Please advise. Thanks!
  • jkevincjkevinc Member Posts: 2
    Greetings.

The lease rate recently posted seems to conflict with the data I am obtaining from a local phila dealer.

For the 2007 A3 2.0T, the dealer states:
    24 month (15k) - Resid = 56% and Money Factor = .0033
    36 month (15K) - Resid = 51% and Money Factor = .0033

Others are posting a MF of .00205.

Can someone confirm?

Thank you.
  • rongrong Member Posts: 9
    Does anybody know if Audi is expected to renew it lease program on the 2008 A3? are they coming in August?
    I am also looking at the A4 and the BMW 328 and so far the BMW with leather, auto, sport Pckg for $465 with first payment DMV and security deposit seems to be the best deal. A4 is the end of its life (2009 new model) and the A3 has ridicules rate around mid $500.

Any thoughts anyone?
  • teddyohteddyoh Member Posts: 7
    First time poster. I've been following the A3 for months now. I really wanted to jump on the lease deal back in April or so when the Premium/Open Sky was $379. However, I wasn't able to do it at that time.

Now, it's the end of the model year for the 2007's, and I'm ready. I know there are plenty left on the lots. I live in New Orleans, but have also been looking in Baton Rouge and Houston. Plenty available, but the financing is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!

I didn't even ask the MF or residuals, because the quote I got for $3000 down, 48 month, 12k miles was "a little over $600 a month!" I was disgusted! I am leasing a 2007 GMC Acadia which has an MSRP about $15k more than the A3 for that! It seems obvious that Audi is not serious about selling these A3's.

That being said, I really like the car, and the 2008 changes seem minor, but cool. Sirius is standard and iPod link is available now. I know they are in the US, as a dealer has told me they are in the port of Houston.

Does anybody have any idea about time from port to lot? Also, I echo the question above. Any ideas about lease specials on the new model year? Does Audi have a track record with that?
  • angela1313angela1313 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. I'm a first-time poster as well and I too have been watching and hoping for better lease deals on the A3. Is there a chance that they'll offer more appealing deals on the 2007s once the 2008s are on the lot? I really want an A3, but I'm not very impressed with the lease terms I've seen so far.
    Thanks intuneman. The money factor that you mentioned in your post is right on the money. However, Audi Financial Services' current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A3 2.0 S-Line with 15,000 miles per year is only 46%. The residual value for an otherwise identical lease with 12,000 miles per year is 48%. These residual values are lower than you thought because the residual values of models that are equipped with the S-Line package are 2% lower than normal. As you mentioned, the addition of Audi Care would raise your car's residual by one point.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jkevinc. Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for a 24 or 36 month lease of an '07 A3 is definitely .00205. The .00330 money factor that you were quoted looks more like AFS' standard lease money factor. Perhaps the dealer is trying to use the standard rate on your lease so that they can take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that Audi introduced on the '07 A3. Have them calculate your lease payment using the .00205 money factor and see what sort of payment they come up with. If they are unwilling to work with you, I'm sure that you won't have much trouble finding a dealer that will.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome aboard teddyoh. Audi has introduced a lease program on the 2008 A3, but it is not very good yet. Through September 4th, its buy rate lease money factor for it is .00317. I suspect that this money factor will get better over time, but in general Audi has not been providing a lot of support on the A3. It is a little too expensive for what it is for my personal taste.

Car_man
    Host
  • hnethnet Member Posts: 3
    Just getting into the market and love the A3. I live in San Francisco. What is the best MF I can hope for an '07 or '08? Not in a huge rush, so I'm not sure if I should try to pickup an '07 or wait for a leasing deal on the '08. It looked like Audi had a leasing special back in April on the A3. Any thoughts on when that will come back around? My buddy just got a great lease on a Q7 and an initial probe into leasing an '07 A3 was almost the same monlty payment!

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
  • jkevincjkevinc Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man. You are so right that the .00205 MF was from AFS. I had an excellent price on the 07 A3 which included a corporate discount; however, when I entered the dealer to buy the car the AFS rate quoted for a 24 month lease was not available. Apparently AFS rates start at 36 months. I left the dealer after they presented me with the .00330 MF. It would have been a great deal with the 07 discounts that were being pushed.

jkevinc
  • pfjepfje Member Posts: 25
    Hi Car man,

I live in Maryland and I am looking to lease an Audi3. I visited the local Audi dealer and they gave me this price for Audi A3 2.0T with automatic trans, S-package, and cold weather package.

MSRP: $31,385
    Selling price: $31,284

Could you work up a lease package for 24 months/15,000 per year? What is the money factor and what is the residual?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi hnet. Unfortunately, Audi is not providing much in the way of lease support on the A3 right now. As a result, it is not that great a car to lease. There are a lot better deals out there. Audi's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2008 A3 2.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00307 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 model are .00307 and 49%. Audi is currently providing $1,500 dealer cash on the 2007 model, but no dealer cash on the 2008 model.

It is difficult to say what Audi's future lease program on the A3 will look like, but I do not personally expect it to make any significant enhancements to the A2's program in the near future.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pfje. You're only being given a $100 discount on the A3 that you are interested in :surprise: . I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the A3 right now, but that's not a very good deal. Combine the lack of discount with this car's lousy lease program and it becomes a pretty expensive vehicle to lease.

You never mentioned what model year the car that you are considering leasing is, so for now I will assume it is a 2008 model. Through October 1st, Audi Financial Services' 24 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2008 A3 2.0T Sedan with the S-Line Package are .00307 and 58%, respectively. Using these numbers, an MSRP of $31,385, and a selling price of $31,284, I estimate that your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around a whopping $697. There are a TON of nice vehicles out there that you could get for less than that.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.