Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Audi A3 Lease Questions

Comments

• anon123456anon123456 Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys.

I have a 2006 A3 on lease in New England. The lease expires next month. I would like to buy the car.

The residual is about $16k. I heard that dealers can buy it for $1k less than the residual. Audi currently has a "down to 0.9% APR on certified pre-owned cars" special advertised. This probably won't apply to the A3, but meh... this post is for someone to check my math. I can get bank/CU finance @ 5.99% APR. State tax is 7.5%.

It seems the math goes like this:
    Car value: 16k
    Tax: 1200
    Cost to buyout lease = $17200.

If I finance with the bank/CU over 3 years, the payments are about $519, for a total of about $1500 in interest.

Which is where it gets interesting......

Say the dealer buys it for $15k and certifies it as a pre-owned car (extra warranty etc) and then sells it to me for $18455 incl tax (approx $2175 profit before tax, certification and warranty fees). At 0.9% APR, that works out to the SAME $519/month for 36 months.

So... the dealer gets money.... I get an extra warranty. Not sure if the leftover from the $2175 is going to be worth it to the dealer though ?

Thoughts/comments/etc ?
  • pinerivergalpinerivergal Member Posts: 15
    Am in the same situation and must make a decision by end of Feb. Have you called to negotiate if your residual/payoff can be lower? I will, but closer to lease end. My decision is between financing with VW if I can get good finance rate or buying car outright. Will also throw in the idea of purchasing an A4 Avant as well, when MB lease is up in June.

Anyone else have wholesale numbers? :)
  • oldirtymustardoldirtymustard Member Posts: 3
    Got me an A3 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic
    Lava Grey
    Convenience Package
    Premium Package
    Open Sky
    Cold Weather Package
    ====================================
    36mo/12K
    MSRP: $34,600
    Negotiated Price: $31,500
    Money Factor: .00011 (Audi Financial)
    Residual: 52%
    Down Payment: $2100 (covers first payment, tags, audi care, dealer fee)
    Monthly Payment: $390.21
    Total Monthly: $429.23 INCLUDING tax

Think I did pretty well and the dealership (Audi Tysons Corner VA) was a pleasure to work with. Two other local dealers couldn't touch their price.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey oldirtymustard. I love your username :). Congratulations on getting your new A3. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. It sounds like you had a very positive dealer experience. If you'd like, you can share even more details about it by stopping by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • skinsoskinso Member Posts: 8
    I have the same situation now, i am just wondering does that plan work out?
  • boterobotero Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys.

I know I didn't take any advantage of the new year's sales but I'm planning to lease a Audi A4.

Does anybody know what is Residual Value and the Money Factor for this car?

I know this is a Audi Forum but can Anyone help me with the same information for the BMW328i

Thanks for your help....
    Hi botero. This is actually the Audi A3 lease questions discussion. You will have better luck finding out answers to your questions on the A4 over in the "Audi A4 Lease Questions" discussion. Please post any future messages about it there.

Since we're already here, here's the info that you're looking for. Audi's lease program for the 2009 A4 varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. I will have to make some assumptions since you never mentioned what these variables are. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan Premium with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00127 and 52%, respectively.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 BMW 328i with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • maxbosmaxbos Member Posts: 6
    Hey Car_man,

I am considering getting a second A3 for the family. Do you know hat the current residual/money factor values are in Massachusetts?

Assumptions:

2009 A3 2.0T Front wheel drive (basic)
    36 months
    10K miles (also interested in 12K miles residual)

Thanks,
    maxbos
    Hey maxbos. Here's the latest info for this model. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 A3 2.0T FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00103 and 52%, respectively.

Since you are a current Audi owner or lessee you probably qualify for the $750 loyalty incentive that is currently available on AFS leases of this model Make sure to ask the dealer about it.

Car_man
    Host
  • PhaetonboiPhaetonboi Member Posts: 4
    I know I might be stoned to death in this forum but hopefully someone can help.

I have a 2008 A3 which I leased in the spring. My monthly payment is $400 and some change, its been a FLAWLESS car, probably the finest tuned and well built machine I have had. Really want to have a payment around 200-250 and save the rest in the light of this great economy we have:(

Any suggestions on where I should post? What website I could utilize (lease trader)? Or if this site knows anyone wanting to assume an easy lease of a great car here in Atlanta.

any input would be great!
  • jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Car_man,

do you have the money factor and buy rate for 2009 FWD A3 with premium and s-line options for 10K, 12K and 15K on a 36 mo lease?

Regards!
  • quincyluquincylu Member Posts: 3
    Just left the Audi dealership and walked away with a 2009 A3. Residual was 52% for 10,000, 50% for 12,000 and 48% for 15,000. This included the Audi Care package which I wast told bumps up the residual percentage by 1%. Hope this helps.
    THanks!

What options did you get and what was the money factor (aka interest rate)?
    I meant money factor and the residual for 2009 FWD A3 for 10K, 12K and 15K with 36 mo lease?
    A3 2.0T 6 speed manual transmission
    convenience package
    open sky system
    MSRP $30,345
    price paid with Audi Care $29,500
    36 months/15k miles
    money factor .0011
    residual 48%
    monthly pmt with tax $452 - no money down
    Hi jd25. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A3 2.0T FWD S-Line with 15,000 miles per year are .00059 and 46%, respectively. This car's residual value would increase 2% for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year and 3% for a 10k lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man!

Are these numbers the same for non S-line A3 with convenience package and open sky options? Also, a money factor .00059 translates to 1.416% int rate, is that correct?
    uh oh car man. looks like I may have had an outdated money factor. Any idea what it should have been for an A3 FWD without the Sline? Thanks.
    Hi jd25. The addition of the convenience package and open sky have no impact upon this car's money factor or residual value percentage. You are correct, a money factor of .00059 is indeed equivalent to an interest rare of around 1.4%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi quincylu. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 A3 2.0T FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00059 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • hurls65hurls65 Member Posts: 6
    Car man... I'm looking at A3s and A4s right now ... in either case looking for a 36 month/12k per year lease. 2.0 FWD auto A3, and premium package A4 Avant ...

Any thoughts on what the current Money Factors and Residuals are for those cars right now?

And do you know if the $500 "coming from another luxury brand" thing is still active?

Thanks!
    Hi hurls65. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A3 2.0 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00081 and 51%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 A4 Avant Premium are .00160 and 51%, respectively.

Audi is still providing $500 conquest cash to current owners of select vehicles who lease a new A4. It also is now waiving the first month's lease payment on both of these cars.

Car_man
    Host
  • hurls65hurls65 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_man...

Those are the numbers/deals my dealer has offered me -- about to pull the trigger on the Avant this morning I believe. Thanks for validating!
  • korgem1korgem1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm getting this lease quote from local Audi dealer:

2009 A3 MSRP 32800.00 (Prem, OpenSky, Auto, Front Track)
    36 months lease 10k miles/year with 1800.00 out of pocket. They quoted me 420/month.

Can someone provide some inputs? What is the fair number I should pay per month? If you recently got A3 lease, can you share your numbers?

Thanks,
    You're very welcome, hurls65. Make sure to stop back and let us know how you like your new Avant.

Car_man
    Host
  • eoseireeoseire Member Posts: 143
    Hi Carman, Can you tell me what incentives are available on leases for the A3 and what the MF and Residuals are on the 2.0T quattro 4dr Wagon AWD
    Thanks">
    Hi eoseire. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A3 2.0T quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00103 and 50%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • natec18natec18 Member Posts: 3
    Hi There,
    I need your help and need it quickly. I was offered the following for a 2010 Ibis White A3 S-Tronic Quattro with the following options: Premium Plus package, Cold Weather, Titanium Sport Package, Open Sky.

MSRP is 36000 plus 825 for destination.

Dealer offers:
    $36640 selling price
    $19383 residual (53%)
    MF of .00197
    42 months at 12k per year
    zero down payment
    $1700 drive off (1st month, title, security fee)
    $566.86 per month (includes 8.75% tax)

Is this a good deal? He said I would be getting it at invoice, but when I run the numbers it seems as if they ran it at MSRP.

Please help!!!
    Thanks,
    Nate
  • southflasouthfla Member Posts: 3
    Mr. Carman, can you tell me what the rate and residual are for an A3 36 months 10K miles aporx price of $32g. Also, there are very few A3's in South Florida but there seems to be more available in NY/NJ. Is there an economical way to get one of those cars down here? Lastly my Inifiniti lease comes up in October, will all of the rates change between now and then. Thank you
    I'd be happy to help you out, southfla. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A3 2.0T Premium FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00104 and 50%, respectively. This lease program is scheduled to run through September 30th. It is very possible that Audi's October program will be different.

Any additional discount that you would be able to negotiate because of the larger supply of this car in New York / New Jersey would likely be more than eaten up by the cost of getting it down to Florida.

Car_man
    Host
  • southflasouthfla Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info I will let you know how it works out
    You're very welcome, southfla.

Car_man
    Host
  • westoftownwestoftown Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man,

I've found what seems to be a pretty great deal on an '09 A3 and I wonder if you have any info on any lease incentives, residual and money factor for '09 models. I'm debating between leasing and buying, and the only lease info I can track down is for '10s. Thanks so much!
    Hi westoftown. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A3 2.0 Premium with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00104 and 47%, respectively.

You never mentioned the exact trim level, term, or mileage allowance that you're interested in, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Audi is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car, other than $500 loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • kaypdxkaypdx Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,
    I am looking to lease my first car, an A3 2.0T 6-speed S-Tronic with Quattro, MSRP $30,850. On top of that, I want a specific color and sunroof. Does this make it more difficult to have an edge in bargaining? What tips can you offer me in heading in to negotiate the terms of the lease? What fees are fixed and what can I bargain?

Thank you!
  • gaeta21gaeta21 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man. Does the current money factor and residual value change for a 42 month lease?
    Hi kaypdx. The more flexible that you can be about how the car that you are considering getting is equipped the better position you are in from a bargaining standpoint. If you're really set on a specific combination of options that seems to be uncommon, it probably wouldn't hurt to put your acting hat on and act as though you care less about what you get than you really do.

Your vehicle's destination charge and acquisition fee are fixed charges that all lessees have to pay. I actually prefer to look at vehicles' out-the-door prices, inclusive of all fees when negotiating a deal. Comparison shop with a few dealers and go with the one that offers you the lowest OTD price, then it won't matter how the price breaks down in terns of fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gaeta21. Yes, Audi Financial Services' 42 month lease program is different than its 36 month program.

Car_man
    Host
  • rosenbj1rosenbj1 Member Posts: 20
    Car Man, could you post to me the current money factor and residual for a 36mo/10,000 and 12,000 mile lease on the A3 TDI Premium? And are these numbers significantly different than for the 2.0? I'm leasing in NJ, and I'm trying to decide if the differences in monthly rates will still make the improvement in fuel economy worthwhile. Thanks.
    Also, what have you been hearing, if at all, about how well these cars have been selling for Audi? That info could help in the negotiation process.
    Thanks again.
    Hi rosenbj1. Sorry for the delay in my response. I've took a little time off during the holidays.

Audi's December lease program is scheduled to run through January 5th. I'll provide you with the details of that program for now. Please feel free to check back with me later this week for an update of what its new January program is like.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A3 TDI Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00191 and 57%, respectively.

If you were to lease this car with only 10,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 1% higher.

The TDI's lease program is much different than the program the the 2.0. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '10 A3 2.0 FWD Premium are .00059 and 53% (12k),

A3 sales aren't exactly lighting the world on fire, but then sales of most models aren't. Through November Audi's sales of the A3 were down nearly 25% for the year.

Audi November Sales Maintain Record Share Pace

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/audi-november-sales-maintain-record-shar- e-pace-78255942.html

Car_man
    Host
  • hattrihattri Member Posts: 9
    Car Man,

Could you please provide lease params for A3 TDI 36 months, 15000 miles for Jan 2010?
    Do they change if it is Premium Plus?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best wishes
  • lgmildwilllgmildwill Member Posts: 1
    1st Month Payment: 397.99
    Security Deposit: none
    Acq Fee (Upfront): 625.00
    Fees & Ins: (Upfront): none
    Upfront Taxes: 1,495.63
    Cap Reduction (Cash): none
    Total Inception Fees: 2,518.62
    Net Trade as Cap Reduction: none
    Rebate as Cap Reduction: none
    Total Drive Off: 2,518.62

AUDI A3 4dr HB 2.0T quattro Premium AT w/AC; Automatic; Cold Package
    MSRP: 32,175.00

Let me know what you guys think? Thanks.
    Thanks hattri. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A3 TDI with 15,000 miles per year are .00173 and 54%, respectively.

The money factor for the Premium Plus trim level is exactly the same, but its residual value drops to 51%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ucbsupaflyucbsupafly Member Posts: 9
    To better assess the deal, you'll need to provide a little bit more information, such as: car invoice price, cap cost, lease length/mileage, and negotiated money factor (if not at buy rate).
  • sjmdsjmd Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man
    I am looking to lease an Audi A3 quattro with a premium plus package.
    Any promotions that Audi is currently running?
    I am looking for a 36 mo lease at 12k mile/year.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    I'm seeing a local add for zero down $299 plus inception fees for a premium fwd A3 -10k miles 42 month lease. No figures -- not in the market yet so didn't research the deal.
    edited March 2010
    Hi sjmd. Audi is providing lease support on the 2010 A3 this month. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A3 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00062 and 50%, respectively.

Audi is providing owner loyalty cash on this model for current owners and lessees.

Car_man
    Host
  • mdc1114mdc1114 Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking to lease a new A3 TDI Premium Plus, optioned out with an MSRP of about $34,000. Any ballpark idea of what the monthly payments would be with a down payment of $3,500 for a standard 36/12,000 lease.

If it makes a difference, I'm in the DC area. Would you also provide the money factor, residual etc.

Thanks for your help.
    Hi mdc1114. the car that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price, give or take. Let's work up a sample payment on one assuming that you were able to get it for $500 over dealer invoice.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Audi A3 TDI Premium Plus that has an MSRP of $34,000 and a selling price of $32,200 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $481.

A $3,500 capitalized cost reduction, which I advise against making, would lower this car's payment to around $378.

I used a money factor of .00173 and a residual value of 53% to arrive at this payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • flyfish23flyfish23 Member Posts: 57
    Hi Car Man: Looking to lease at 2010 A3 Quattro, with Nav, Open Sky, MMI, SportPackage and Premium Plus. MSRP $36,125

They are quoting the following:
    $2000 cash, 15k per year, 42 months, LA county Quoting at MSRP, 539 plus tax. Residual 45%, mf .00078

The residual seems very low and the rate very high. Whats you take on residual, money factor and what they should sell the car at?
This discussion has been closed.