Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Audi A3 Lease Questions

123457»

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome churwitz. Congratulations on your new A4. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • htram516htram516 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2011
    churwitz, would you mind telling where you got this deal at? I'm basically looking for the exact same thing.

What was the sale price on the vehicle?
  • htram516htram516 Member Posts: 10
    I was quoted this price from a local deal here in southern california:

Audi A3 Premium Plus with Open Sky Roof & Wheel Locks:

MSRP: $32,805
    Sale Price: $29,700
    Terms: 15k miles / 39 months
    Drive off: $863.11
    Acquisition Fee: $695.00
    Document Fee: $45
    DMV Fee: $439.75
    Residual: 47%
    MF: .00009

Monthly: $389.30 + tax = $423.36

1. Is this a good deal?

2. Does the power of money calculation come into effect for these types of leases?

((Mo. Payment*Months)+Out-of-pocket down payment)/MSRP=Power of Money Calculation

With that calculation I would be at: 0.52 which is really high!

Thanks
  • b2thevb2thev Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Hi Car_Man,

I put a deposit down on an A3 TDI with the following equipment:

Premium Plus
    Metallic Paint
    Alum Roof Rails
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Convenience Pkg
    Open Sky Roof
    Wheel Locks

I found out that my A3 TDI arrived early on Friday. AMEX shows the invoice at $35,185 and the MSRP at $37,055. The dealer quoted a net cap cost of $35,975 for a 36-mos lease at $587/mo and a drive-off of approx $1,909.15 (tax, title, lic, acquisition and 1st mo payment).

I know that TDIs aren't subvented like the gas models, and feel $750-$1,000 to the dealer is fair, but my numbers showed some additional cushion (I used .00136 and 55%).

Did the numbers improve in May? Edmunds is now showing dealer cash of $2,000 for the TDI, which I believe is new for the TDI for May...and could justify a $34,185 or better net cap cost?

Thanks for your great service, and straight-up advice!
  • robritzrobritz Member Posts: 1
    Hi, wondering if anybody has seen/heard anything yet about the new May 2011 offers. The Audi site still shows the ones that expired on May 3 and can't seem to find any mention on the web or on local dealer sites.

Hoping to get a Premium Plus this week so hopefully the A3 still is getting the incentive love!

Thanks!
    You're very welcome b2thev. The dealer cash that you mentioned is only available on leftover 2010 A3 TDI models, so the new one that you ordered would not be eligible for it.

$750 to $1,000 over invoice is a reasonable selling price for this car.

Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00159 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings robritz. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A3 2.0T Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Other than $500 loyalty cash, Audi is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • stelladiverstelladiver Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Hi Car Man, can you please let me know if this is a good deal on a 2012 A3 (2wd)?

Premium Plus
    Sports package
    Open sky
    Navigation
    Convenience package

10k miles/yr.
    39 months
    Approx. $1600 drive off
    0 cap reduction
    $560/month, including taxes

Earlier posts show much lower prices, but those appear to be for 2011, not 2012. Not sure what the deals are on the new incoming models.

Thanks!
    Greetings stelladiver. It would be much easier for us to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this car's full MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number it is much more difficult to determine how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate. Let us know and we'll tell you what we think.

Car_man
    Host
  • hedges1hedges1 Member Posts: 12
    Car_Man,

Do you happen to know the August lease rates for both 2011 and 2012 A3 models? Ideally I'm looking at either a TDI FWD or a 2.0T Quattro with 15,000 miles annually.
  • stelladiverstelladiver Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm looking at a different A3 now and got the info you asked for. Here are the details:

A3 Quattro
    Premium Plus
    Sports package with 18" wheels
    Nav + ipod
    Cold weather package
    Convenience package
    Open sky
    Wheel locks

MSRP: $40,605
    Selling price: $39,605
    The dealer claimed to not have the invoice price, but says it's about 4% between the MSRP and invoice prices.

10k/year
    0 cap reduction
    approximately $1600 drive off
    36 months: $583/mo (including tax)
    39 months: $571/mo (including tax)

Would appreciate your thoughts ASAP, Car_Man, as I have to decide soon.

Thank you!
    Stelladiver
    I certainly do hedges1. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A3 2.0T Premium quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 A3 TDI FWD are .00146 and 57%.

The numbers for the 2011 versions of these cars would be .00064 / 53% and .00141 / 53%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Stelladiver. the car that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,700 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That puts your selling price at around $1,700 over. It probably wouldn't hurt to shop around a little to see if you can beat this offer.

Car_man
    Host
  • lookoutfora3lookoutfora3 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man:

I am in the market for 2012 Audi A3 lease (Premium Plus, Black, Open Sun Roof Option, Petrol Variant, 10k/yr drive limit).

Here is what the dealer quoted me:
    Price: $30890 (supplier program)
    MSRP: $32805
    Down Payment: $4000
    Monthly Payment: $410 (including taxes; $379 w/o taxes)
    Residual Value: 58%
    Money Factor: 0.00237

Can you tell me how good a deal is this? This was his first & last quote (for the monthly payment) and he mentioned that it is non-negotiable as that is determined by Audi Financial Services and not him - he can only negotiate on the Price and since I am in the supplier program I already qualify for a discount (and thus he cannot bring it down further).

I keenly look forward to your response as I want to get a car soon. Thank you in advance.
    Hi lookoutfora3. The selling price that you were quoted looks good. It's probably fairly close to dealer invoice.

The money factor that you were quoted is higher than Audi Financial Services' September buy rate for this model though. AFS' buy rate lease money factor for a 2012 A3 quattro is 0.00143. It's 0.00097 for the non-quattro version. Make sure that the dealer uses these factors to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • bricmundbricmund Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car Man,

Have the numbers changed on A3 TDI Premium Lease 36mo/15k? The last post that mentioned TDI had .00146 and 57%

Also, would the numbers be the same for an A3 TDI Premium Plus, with sunroof, convenience package, cold weather package?

Thanks in advance!
    Hello bricmund. The numbers are still exactly the same. They are the same for the TDI Premium Plus model as well.

Car_man
    Host
  • babybeansbabybeans Member Posts: 12
    Hello Car_man,

Can you confirm the October MF & residual for a 2012 A3 Premium & Premium Plus? 36mos/15k. (non-nav, non-Quattro, non-TDI)

I've been using the .00097 & 56% quoted earlier to run my numbers but want to be sure October's rates haven't changed.

Many thanks.
    Hi babybeans. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A3 Premium FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00097 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Premium Plus are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is looking to speak with someone who has recently traded down from a midsize to a small car, or who recently bought a compact car after shopping both midsize and compacts. Please e-mail [email protected] with a daytime phone contact and a brief description of your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• brendan76brendan76 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,
    Could you please provide me with the AFS Dec 2012 buy rate MF and residual values for a 2012 A3 TDI Premium? 12k miles/year.
    I need to vet the quoted numbers from a dealer...
    Thanks very much for your help.
    Hi brendan76. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A3 TDI Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00176 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I haven't looked at this car's lease program since last month, though. Its residual value should be exactly the same, but its money factor might be slightly different.

Car_man
    Host
  • rizz8636rizz8636 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I was wondering if you could provide me the current (December/January) money factor and residual values for a 2012 A3 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus model?

Also, what are the current lease terms (months/miles) offered? Couldn't find this information on their website.

Thank you in advance!
    Hello rizz8636. Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A3 2.0T Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00144 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You can lease this vehicle for other terms and mileage allowances and still tale advantage of the special lease program if you'd like.

Car_man
    Host
  • edeibertedeibert Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car Man. Have leasing prices changed at all for Audi A3 TDI Premium Plus's? I'm looking at a 3 year, 12K/year lease. How does it shift if I get a 10K/year lease? Thanks for the help.
  • edeibertedeibert Member Posts: 12
    Sorry to bother you, but can you also report on rates for the a3 2.0t premium plus with 12K miles on a 3 year lease? thanks
    It's no bother at all edeibert. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Audi A3 TDI Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 A3 2.0T Premium Plus without quattro are .00041 and 54%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • djhalptertdjhalptert Member Posts: 115
    Car Man,

I'm looking for the lease rates and residuals for the 2012 Audi A3 TDI. 10,000 miles and 24-36 months for Omaha, NE (68008). Thanks.
    Hey djhalptert. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 A3 TDI Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00141 and 64%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00141 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • rydog79rydog79 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Car_Man,

Would you share the residual value and money factor for a 36 month lease on a A3?

Thanks!
    I'd be happy to rydog79. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A3 Premium quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • samuel17samuel17 Member Posts: 9
    Car-Man,
    I am being offered a 36 monthlease on a 2013 A3 TDI with 12K miles per year, 59% and 0.00163. Does this sound about right to you? Thanks
    Hi samuel17. Yes, the numbers that you were quoted are right on the money. Audi really isn't providing any lease support on TDI models right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • gvitalik1gvitalik1 Member Posts: 55
    Hi CarMan,

What are the lease numbers for 2012 Audi A3 2.0T quattro 10k/year?
    Also if possible same for A4 2.0T quattro

Thanks
    Hello gvitalik1. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Audi A3 2.0T Premium quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00091 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro are .00042 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • cargirlnwcargirlnw Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,
    What is the current money factor or lease APR, and Res Val % for a 2013 (yes 2013, hard to find these days) Audi A3 HB 2.0T quattro Premium. I have a quote for an MSRP $33,470 of Gross Cap cost of $32,629.84, adjusted Cap cost of $29,592 and Res Value of $19,747 for a lease of 36 months (10,000 miles). It looks like the money factor = 0.0024545 or 5.89% APR. I have excellent credit (above 800), that seems way too high. Thoughts?
    Thank you.
    Hi cargirlnw. Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2013 A3 2.0T quattro Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If the dealer is using a .00245 money factor like you suspect, then tht is indeed way too high.

Car_man
    Host
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2013
    Car Man,

Happy New Year,

Looking for factors/residuals for the following A3's

Premium Plus Quattro
    Premium Plus Front Track
    Premium TDI

-10K miles
    -36/42 months or # of months one that gives offers best numbers
    -I'm in NY

I'm feeling that the December 12' program is officially over now but I'd be interested in knowing what the MF was in dec. I've got a good feeling that MF's will be down in Jan & Feb. and I'm hoping to take advantage of them.

Thanks...

Bo
    Thanks you Bo. Actually, Audi's December program is scheduled to run through January 7th. That program's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A3 Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00095 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00115 and 53%.

The numbers for the '13 A3 Premium Plus FWD are .00069 / 56% and .00089 / 52%.

The numbers for the '13 A3 Premium TDI are .00127 / 58% and .00147 / 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • bodidbodid Member Posts: 88
    Car Man,

Ooops!

I guess I missed December. I need new Jan numbers for the following A3;

Premium Plus Quattro
    Premium Plus Front Track
    Premium TDI

-10K miles
    -36/42 months or # of months one that gives offers best numbers
    -I'm in NY

Thanks Car Man, and I hope those numbers went down (fingers crossed...)

Bo
    Hi Bo. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A3 Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00077 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00097 and 52%.

The numbers for a lease of a '13 A3 Premium Plus FTK are .00050 / 55% for 36 months and .00070 / 51%/

Last but not least, the numbers for the '13 TDI Premium Plus are .00147 / 57% and .00167 / 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ambudriver03ambudriver03 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for the lease numbers on a 2013 TDI A3 Premium Plus,

12k and 18k miles. I have already been prequal'd on the AUDI FS website, good credit 800+
    Hi ambudriver03. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A3 TDI Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00147 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.