Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• seattlefanseattlefan Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the feedback Car Man. After negotiations, I got the selling price down to $35,000 (little over $1000 below MSRP of $36,060) so I signed the papers. Should have the car in late Dec (it's been ordered and they predict about 90 days until delivery).

Seattlefan
  • mooselookmooselook Member Posts: 68
    Thanks, Car Man.
    I was able to tie into your number exactly by reducing the sale price, as you said, by about $1,200. I used a lease calculator that is a MS Excel spreadsheet that can be downloaded for free, at
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/
    Now I can load on a few options and calculate my own lease price.
    Regards,

***Mooselook***
  • aka5aka5 Member Posts: 24
    Hi everyone. Newbie here,you folks are great!
  • m0rph3usm0rph3us Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I found the information in this forum very useful for negotiating my lease, so I wanted to share my info for the benefit of others:

2006 Audi 2.0T with premium and cold weather packages, optional 17in wheels, headlight wipers for $391 per month for 24 months, 12,000 miles including taxes. $1400 paid at signing all-in.
  • lifescanlifescan Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

Current lease for Cal. Bay Area:

$359 lease per month for 24 month.
    Down payment: $1,065
    Security Deposit: $0
    Acqusesion fee: $575
    First month payment: $359
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ammount due at lease inseption: $1,999.00

24-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services, Inc. through participating dealers. Must take delivery by November 30, 2005. Rate based on $34,910 MSRP of 2006 Audi A4 2.0 T quattro with 6-speed automatic transmission with tiptronic, sunroof package, premium package and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $26,532
    Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end.

If I would negotiate the selling price to: $33,800 what would my monthly payment be if I decide to go with 15,000 miles ?

Thanks,
    -lifescan
  • wilt1wilt1 Member Posts: 13
    Looking for a similar type deal what state are u in.
  • wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    I have the exact same question about that deal too, which is on bayareaaudidealers.com. First, can we extrapolate the selling price, MF and residual or are we to assume that $34,910 is the selling price?

Second, looks like you can't get any A4 without the sunroof?

Third, the audiusa.com site lists an A4 2.0TFWD lease, which requires only about $1000 up-front, with fewer options. They also apparently have a A4 2.0T Quattro lease which appears to be $33,060? That's almost $2k less! But I guess that one doesn't have the Premium package.

It would be good to hear what kind of deals people are able to negotiate in the Bay Area, especially with other configurations like adding Bluetooth for instance, which is part of a $1700 package. Plus these prices don't include metallic paint colors so you'd be limited in your choices.

If these deals are based on MSRP selling price, rather than CarsDirect or Edmunds, which appear to be about $1000-1100 less, you're somewhat limited.
  • m0rph3usm0rph3us Member Posts: 2
    NJ. That was a quattro btw
  • wilt1wilt1 Member Posts: 13
    I'm located in NJ also if you don't mind me asking which dealer did you use. Thanks
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    Yes, that is the big question - can you just extrapolate on the lease terms when adding options. I am still trying to figure out how these two lease offers change with variables. First, on the audiusa Quattro lease with leather/sunroof only, there are no such cars in the Bay Area and dealers are very reluctant to order that "stripped" car. All A4s come with the Premium package in the Bay Area.. The question is, if you do get the Premium package, can you get the same Audiusa finance deal, with the same resdiual and money factor as for the audiusa deal?

If not, does that mean that any change in options subjects us to different lease factors? If those factors change, then that deal is really not available in the Bay Area. I think it is similar for the Bay Area deal (with premium) as it would also be tough to find one configured the way they offer it. Neither deal comes with the Bose - which I want. I don' t want the Premium because I don't want the 17" wheels. Let me know what you find out.

BTW, according to the website, you can get the car without leather and sunroof package.
  • nvnicknvnick Member Posts: 50
    Car_man -

Can you confirm the 36/mo residuals below. 72% residual for 36 months???

AFS Captive Lease Programs – Effective 10/7/2005

2006 Audi A4 4dr Sedan 2.0T

24 mo/15k mi - 76% residual – Money Factor .00127 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi - 72% residual – Money Factor .00127 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi - 58% residual – Money Factor .00127 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi - 47% residual – Money Factor .00294 Base Rate

2006 Audi A4 4dr Sedan 2.0T quattro

24 mo/15k mi - 72% residual – Money Factor .00180 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi - 58% residual – Money Factor .00180 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi - 47% residual – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi - 38% residual – Money Factor .00410 Base Rate

Add 2% to residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr
  • wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Went through Costcoauto.com and talked to the fleet sales guy at Carlsen Audi. He said the lease deals are available on any A4, including FWD. The best residual is on the 2-yr, 10k/yr lease. He didn't say what the MF was but that's probably variable from dealer to dealer.

He claims the sample lease on the Bay Area Audi Dealers site has to be discounted from MSRP in order to reach the monthly payment and drive off figures listed.

Well supposedly there are models with the configurations I'm looking for (Bluetooth) in a couple of weeks so I may go and see. But I'm only interested in the A4 if the lease deal is so good that I can't resist it, because A4 isn't as appealing as other cars in the segment. This must be a common reaction, which is probably why they're offering favorable terms.
  • edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    Thanks! Funny, but my sister is trying to hook me up through Costco. But it sounds like there is no advantage to going thru Costco if you just are going to get the same national or Bay Area lease deal that everyone else can get.

I am actually excited about the A4 for reasons I gave in other posts. Mainly, it has the best headroom, legroom, gas mileage and fold down seat/trunk space of any small sportt sedan. The TL has much of that but it does not feel tossable or fun to me. I would love Bluetooth but really do not want to pay the $1500 (?) for the technology package.

BTW, I really would not bother with Rector - if they can't sell you a loaded A8, they don't appear very interested in helping you.
    Hi,
    How are you all doing? I was wondering if you any one could tell me if this is a good deal please. On lease,an Audi A4 2006,$35,485,Quatrro,Tiptronic 6 Spd, Metallic Dolphin gray,Leather,Sunroof, and Nav. They said they could order but could take upto 90 days. The destination charge is $750? On a 2yr lease,12,000 miles per year,money factor 1.37? $1,742 due at signing. The monthly payment is $430 including tax. This is my first lease so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • j0916j0916 Member Posts: 9
    Hi all,

I'm looking at a 2006 A4 Quattro in the Bay Area. In negotiating with the dealer I'm getting conflicting data. They calculated the lease two ways, one based on the current Bay Area Special and using the AFS special. The way they did it the deal came out very close although the Bay Area special was a little better, Although now that I'm home I come up with a better deal using the AFS special.

Bay Area Special:

MSRP $36360
    Invoice: $33660
    Cap Cost $34813 (Includes Dealer Contribution)
    Down $0
    Term 24/12K per year
    Sales Tax 8.25%
    Money Factor 0.0018

Payment $467.24 (includes taxes) about 1k drive off

On the AFS special they would do a Cap Cost of $35161.58 (Not a great discount but okay given this car needs to be redirected from another Dealer). The payment they calculated was about $470

When I run the numbers using the 24/12K depreciation factor of 75% and the special money factor of 0.00139 for the AFS special, I get a payment of $449.88.

Do my calculations seem correct? I'm thinking they didn't calculate the AFS deal using 0.00139 more like 0.00169.

Thanks,

J
    I think in order to look at this closer, you need the MSRP and selling price as well as how much of the $1742 is a down payment (i.e cap cost reduction), As well your sales tax would be helpful. I believe the destination charge should be included in the MSRP. In my area the MSRP for that car is $37610 so it looks to me like some of that up front cash was used as a cap reduction. Nevertheless if I have the correct MSRP and the tax in your area is not very low, I think you have a reasonable deal. By comparison I'm at $450-470 on a 1K cheaper car with 0 down and about 1K up-front.

J
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome seattlefan. Good job on negotiating a lower selling price. I am sure that you are counting the days until your car arrives :).

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    You're very welcome mooselook. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    I am glad that you enjoy this discussion so much aka5.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone, m0rph3us. Real world examples of lease payments are always helpful for consumers who are shopping for similar models.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lifescan. Let's adjust this car's selling price and mileage allowance and see what the new payment is like. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0 T quattro with an MSRP of $34,910 and a selling price of $33,800 through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $429. With a down payment of $1,065, which the ad uses but I advise against, the monthly payment would drop to around $384.

Car_man
    Host
    Wco81, the selling prices of leased vehicles are always negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Furthermore, most manufacturers' advertised lease payments leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. There is a good chance that you will be able to negotiate a lower selling price on the A4 that you are interested in than the one that was used to calculate this advertised lease payment. As far as the sunroof goes, even if this item is an option I highly doubt that you will be able to find many Audis in dealer stock that are not equipped with one.

Car_man
    Host
    Edwardsf, the only option on the 2006 Audi A4 that has an impact upon its lease money factors is quattro. A4 models that are equipped with quattro have slightly higher lease money factors than those that are not equipped with it. The fact that AFS' residual values are one point higher for quattro models makes up for the higher money factor though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey nvnick. The lease program info that you posted is incorrect. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 miles per year lease of a 2006 Audi A4 4dr Sedan 2.0T without quattro are .00127 and 58%, respectively. Also, AFS' buy rate month factor for a 3 year lease of an otherwise equivalent car equipped with quattro is currently only .00139.

Car_man
    Host
    HI aka5. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings j0916. Using Audi Financial Services' actual 24 month,12,000 miles per year, lease program for this car, a .00139 money factor and a 75% residual value, an MSRP of $36,360, and a selling price of $34,813, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $401 for this car. The money factor that you were quoted is higher than AFS' actual buy rate factor for this car, assuming that you are not having your car's security deposit or acquisition fee waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man,

I think I have a bit more negotiating to do as it seems that at least this Bay Area dealer does not want to use the AFS buy-rate. I wish I knew whether the Bay Area lease special was the 0.00137 rate with about a $700 discount or a bigger discount and and the 0.0018 rate. I'm not sure how much wiggle room I have given the Manual Quattro/sport inventory over the next 2 months is very low and my current lease is expiring. Those that are available are mostly black/ebony and have a strange mix of options. A lot of the stuff in-transit and on lots is already sold as I did have the opportunity to browse the whole inventory list. I'd be happy with the less than awesome selling price of $35161.58 and the buy-rate of 0.00137 which would get me out the door 0 down and $450/mo (taxes in), which is $27/month less than where we are at now. That still leaves them with $1611 over invoice.

In the end, I could only find one car that came somewhat close to my specs in California and it's still in transit to another dealer. I'll have confirmation in a day or two whether we can get it.

Thanks,

J
    Hi j0916,
    Thanks. The MSRP price is $30,940 + $475 for the colour + $1400 for the sunroof package + $1950 for the navigation and $720 for destination. It is with zero down but he says this is for title and reg fees. The one thing that is very worrying is that he says he can order like this with the navigation. But other dealers are saying that i need to get the technology package + the premium package in order to get the navigation? Thanks for your help. :)
    Hi Car man
    The MSRP price is $30,9409 (gave me a print out which shows this price with retail prices Audi of America Inc, Effective 1 June 05 on it) + $475 for the colour + $1400 for the sunroof package + $1950 for the navigation and $720 for destination. It is with zero down but he says this is for title and reg fees. The one thing that is very worrying is that he says he can order like this with the navigation,(90 days wait though. But other dealers are saying that i need to get the technology package + the premium package in order to get the navigation? Does this smell fishy? Thanks. :)
    I fogot to mention that the money factor is 1.37 down from 1.77 :)
    Aka5,

Not sure what to tell you except that according www.audi.com a 2006 A4 quattro configured with the Nav system does in fact need the Sunroof, Premium and Technology Packages which fully configured in Dolphin Grey has an MSRP of $39385 (including destination fee). It is possible that it may have been available a few months ago as they recently changed the option packages a bit, but honestly I don't think that was the case. Other than that, the upfront costs they quoted seem high if none is used as a downpayment. Even if they were hitting you with a security deposit, aquisition fee, first months payment and fees. My calculation for this car using the 75% residual and 0.00139 for 24 months is $508/mo plus taxes, 0 down plus upfront fees. This is based on the MSRP so you can likely do better, but this is a much more expensive car than posted in the Ad specials.

J
    Hi j0916,
    Thanks. I think i have to get down to the nitty gritty with this sales guy then get back to,if you don't mind. Waiting to hear from Car man too. :confuse:
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    You do have to order the technology and premium packages to get navigation and there's nothing fishy about it. Go to audiusa.com and build your A4. It won't let you build a navi car w/o those packages.
  • disney2disney2 Member Posts: 25
    How am I doing? I was offered $425/mo for 24 months or $451 for 36 months with $1068 due at signing (? first month and $575 acquisition and registration?) for either $35935 msrp cold and premium silver A4 quatro auto or 34910 black on black premium (salesman said more requested color so not as good deal). I am in NJ. Tax is included in payment. Thank you :confuse:
  • lreinlrein Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at the A4 2.0T I haven't ever leased a car and really dont know the important details about money down and the money factor and residual value would be. I was told not to put money down when I lease is this true?
  • dtm3dtm3 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I just signed a purchase agreement for a new A4 and have a few days to decide how to pay for it while waiting for delivery. Was intending to pay cash but then started looking at the lease pre-pay option. I've never leased before, and I know the smart minds on this forum recommend avoiding lease down payments, but I haven't seen any discussion on the full pre-pay option and would greatly appreciate any insight.

My assumptions:
    Typically drive ~15,000 miles / year
    Don't want the car after warranty expires (~3.25 years)
    Doubt I could sell the car for much over residual (59%)

This is the car:
    2006 A4 8EC5EL 2.0T Quattro Auto
    WPX Premium Package
    WB6 Sunroof Package
    PX3 Technology Package (the rare $1,275 non-BT version)
    PAW Cold Weather Package
    5MG Dark Walnut Wood Trim
    8X1 Headlight Washer
    Black on Black, no paint upcharge
    $720 Destination charge
    MSRP $37,135
    Selling price: $35,367 ($500 over invoice)
    State taxes: 5%

Option 1: Buy
    Buy for cash, unload it for ~$20-22K in ~3.25 years
    Cost is $35,367 + 5% Tax = $37,135

Option 2: Typcal Lease:
    Term: 36 months
    Annual Miles: 15,000
    Residual: $21,909.65
    MF: 0.001390
    Down: $1,000
    Inception $767.94
    Assignment $575
    Cost: $463.75 + 5% Tax = $486.94 / Month

Option 3: Pre-pay Lease:
    Term: 36 months
    Annual Miles: 15,000
    Residual: $21,909.65
    MF: 0.000390
    Down: $15,867.82
    Inception $281.94
    Assignment $575
    Cost: $14,844.59 + 5% tax = $15,867.82

My (unvalidated) Observations:
    The pre-pay option seems equal to or better than the buy option, if my assumptions about resale and keeping the car for ~3 years hold.
    There's $1,750 sales tax for buying compared to $742 for pre-pay
    Leasing plans have do involve extra fees, like the $575 assignment
    Regarding the whole lost/stolen equity-gap argument against lease down payments... wouldn't you be equally screwed inconvienced in the buy out-right scenario?
    Lower money factor for pre-pay yields a ~$550/year savings over the standard 36 month term.

Some Questions:
    What am I missing?
    What are the hidden traps in a pre-pay lease (and why don't you hear much about them)?
    Is the (option 2) 36 month MF rate of .001390 standard, or a little high?

Thanks for any thoughts,

-dave
    Car man are you out there? We haven't heard from you.

Thanks.
  • snal23snal23 Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted on 06 dolphin gray a4 2.0 quattro fully loaded based on
    MSRP $39185
    I'm in Seattle area
    FIRST PAYMENT 516.58
    |
    | CAP REDUCTION(DOWN PAYMENT) 0.00
    |
    | TAX ON CAP REDUCTION 0.00
    |
    | REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT 0.00
    |
    | DOCUMENTATION FEE 35.00
    |
    | DMV / ADMIN FEES 153.25
    |
    | FEDERAL LUXURY TAX 0.00
    |
    | ==========
    |
    | TOTAL ADVANCE PAYMENT 704.83
    |
    |
    |
    | MONTHLY PAYMENT
    |
    | 24 LEASE PAYMENTS @ 473.49
    |
    | SALES TAX 43.09
    |
    | ==========
    |
    | TOTAL LEASE PAYMENT 516.58
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    It looks pretty good... What is the mileage allowed?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• snal23snal23 Member Posts: 3
    It's 12k miles per year
    should I do it? or I can get sth batter than this?
    Kyfdx--

Cay you please comment on my question (139) above?

Thanks
  • jmdonarumjmdonarum Member Posts: 5
    I am trying to get a deal on a 2006 A4 2.0 MSRP 38,085. What would you say is a good price to pay and any tips on leasing or what to look out for? I am doing a 24 month lease with no money down.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    but isnt it true that when the residual is higher, the monthly payment is lower?
    As wee speak, I am getting final prices from dealers for a 2.0 a4 with an MSRP of 38,085. What price do people think I should I be paying? Does 34,800 sound too low?
  • mazdabuyermazdabuyer Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Is a residual of 75% with a money factor of .00179 a good deal on a 24 month lease of 2006 Audi A4 2.0 Tiptronic with an MSRP $35,935.00? Are either of these residual and money factor numbers negotiable? I was planning on putting $2000 of my own money down, but after reading these forums I realize that this is not such a good idea. The sales guy tried to offer me the car at $1600 above invoice which is a joke, but I was wondering if I can negotiate him down on the Cap Cost that the residual and money factor numbers make the deal worthwhile.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

MazdaSeller (Not MazdaBuyer)
    I got a final offer from one dealership for 35,400 from an MSRP of 38,085. The are checking with the sales manager to see if they can go any lower. I am thinking this is a good price, amy I wrong? :confuse:
  • nuggsnuggs Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I am thinking of buying/leasing an A4. The following is a lease option advertised. What are your thoughts.
    Thanks!

$369/month for 24 months.
    24-mo. closed-end lease . Rate based on $33,060 MSRP of 2006 Audi A4 2.0 T with quattro including Sunroof package and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $25,126. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end.
    I agreed to A4, auto, quattro, sunroof, premium, cold msrp 35700. 24 mo, 10k miles. $1068 due at signing (first mo, $575 acq fee, mv). $425 per month (6% NJ tax is in the payments.) I was told this payment was based on $1200 below MSRP
    I think this is a very good deal but in NJ you can't find an A4 without premium. They say they have to order them.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Why is $1600 above invoice a joke? You're not buying an American made car or a honda or toyota. Audi dealers are not going to sell 2006 models for $200 above invoice. Edmunds has the true market value of A4 about $600-700 off MSRP.

Dealers have 2 grand or so cash back on 05.5's, but they don't lease out very well. So if you're looking for a big discount and get $4,000 off sticker, that's where you need to go. But you need to get an 06 for the lease special.
This discussion has been closed.