Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• ac3ac3 Member Posts: 12
    That deal was with Paul Miller in Parsippany

Just signed this deal with Jack Daniels in Upper Saddel River

A4 2.0T Cab Quattro
    Premium, Convenience, Heated Seats, iPod, Moro Blue, Wood Inlay
    MSRP 46,400
    Price 43,207
    mf .00048
    Resid 25,250
    535.6 ex tax.
    Delivery b4 4/15

Tell me what you think? Car_Man?
  • gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Car_man
    My lease for my A-4 ends this month so I am in the market again. I was originally not going to get another A-4 but it seems that the lease is now very favorable, so I am reconsidering. Can you please provide me the "FACTS" on a lease in the South FL area for an 08 Conv. with FWD in South FL , as I have seen a few different numbers here.

1. I have seen MF at .00025, .00052, and .00048 so the real bottom money factor is (assuming one qualifies)???

2. the residual with 10,000 and 12,000 miles annual. (54% & 55%)
    3. I also have heard that if you take the Audi Maintanance program for $650 it will increase the residual by 1%.
    4, I have seen some posts with sale price under Invoice, is that reliable?
    gwarrenfl
  • michaell1michaell1 Member Posts: 2
    Have a question about money factor, which was something I didn't understand at all before finding this great site.

I was given a money factor of .00055 for an A4 lease in Oakland. Been poking around this site and saw some lower ones listed. Should I angle for a lower one? Will that make much of a difference in the monthly?

Here's the details:

2008 Audi A4 Quattro, Auto, premium, bluetooth
    36 mo
    54% residual
    msrp: 34,425
    rebate: 1,750
    money factor: .00055
    2,500 down
    Monthly (with tax): $366.85

I recall the price quoted was $500 over invoice, but I don't have that on my sheet.
  • ac3ac3 Member Posts: 12
    Yes the mf is important as it is the interest rate that determines the monthly payment. If instead the mf is .00027 your payment would be approximately $15 less per month based on the partial info you supplied. I used the mf above because I have seen on this forum that as the Audi Finance lease buy rate. But because you are not specific about your model that may not be the correct rate.

Also, most people would tell you that putting money down on a lease is not the way to go. Personally I never put money down on a lease.
  • michaell1michaell1 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks ac3,

Whoops, forgot to include that part. It's a 2008 Audi A4 2.0 Quattro. Would that be .00027 as well?

Thanks for the info! Didn't know about the hazards of putting money down until I got here ...
  • yoss67yoss67 Member Posts: 1
    Leased today:

'08 black/black Audi A4 cabriolet
    $37,900 adusted price basis which includes the $1,000 Audi lease deal.
    premium package + heated seats.

$2500 drive-off, $431 month 36 months with 10k miles annually. 55% residual and and the '.00027' finance rate.

feel got a solid deal...Circle Audi in Long Beach, CA.
  • tdavisuatdavisua Member Posts: 1
    Here is a quote from a local Audi dealer in Tucson, AZ for an A4 and wanted to get advice if this was a good or bad deal

MSRP 34,675 They said they could not go lower on this price even when I pressed them about giving me the car at 700-1500 over incoice
    Term 36 mnths 12k/yr
    Factor .0012500
    Resid .54
    $3,000 at signing
    Pmt $480.83

Thank you in advance
  • ltjbukemltjbukem Member Posts: 31
    bad bad bad. do not put anything down, much less $3k.
  • redstripe1redstripe1 Member Posts: 2
    Possible Lease:

2008 Audi A4 2.0 T multitornic CVT
    MSRP $31,825
    Down Payment: $2088
    Acquisition Fee: $575
    Amount due at lease inception: $3500
    (Excludes Taxes, Title and Dealer Fees)
    10,000 miles 25 cents/mile over
    Purchase option at lease end $16,867.25

Monthly Payment: $288
    What do you think? Can I negotiate more miles? Also, how do I get around putting money down?
    This offer is at Stevens Creek Audi in San Jose, CA
    Thank you in advance..
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    DON'T PUT MONEY DOWN YOU CAN GET THE SAME FOR $399 A MONTH 15000 MILES PER YEAR $0 DOWN, SIGN AND DRIVE.
    I GOT MINE AT THAT PRICE.
  • redstripe1redstripe1 Member Posts: 2
    Faschulz,

What dealership did you get it at? Did you just tell the dealership you were unwilling to put any money down? I'd like get my payment in the $300 range, you think that is feasible? Thanks for the input.
  • shaker58shaker58 Member Posts: 130
    for 36/10k miles for A4 s with ipod and bluetooth, If there a better deal for on less months let me know

350 a month with 2000 out of pocket
  • nyguy326nyguy326 Member Posts: 3
    I was offered the following lease for 2008 A4 quattro 2.0T automatic Special Edition

0 down
    .00110 rate
    55% residual
    MSRP $34,350
    Invoice/offer price $31,363

What do you guys think?

Why is money factor so high relative to other offers posted here, is that rate not standard based on Audi financing?
  • faschulzfaschulz Member Posts: 52
    the collection in Miami $399 ,0 down 15,000 miles. tax incl.
    go the last day of the month.
  • dadas78dadas78 Member Posts: 6
    NYGUY326,

I was offered the same deal basically from Riverside Audi in NJ. Payments are $400 w/Audicare. 15k a year for 36 months.

money factor is correct for the 2008 A4 Special Edition.
    Ok,
    Looking for a definitive answer on the "$1,000 DEALER INCENTIVE" for leasing. Can you tell me if this applies to the A-4 CABRIOLET Not Quattro and not the S package. Some post say they have purchased for under invoice including the incentive. It does appear that the current M. F. is at .00027.
    Need the answer ASAP as I am going to try and make the deal now.
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    On a 44100 sticker, i just paid 505 month with tax (8.25), 850 drive off including first month, including audi care for 36/10. they were 5000 under invoice, fyi.

be tough...don't give in.
    Manku,
    Thanks for the info, but I just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. $5,000 below invoice sounds impossible, so I would assume that you mean $5,000 off MSRP or Sticker.

Even that is a great deal, $5,000 off is below invoice on that vehicle by almost $2,000. Can i ask what state you are in they may have some different incentives?
  • prince2100prince2100 Member Posts: 23
    Hi, I'm interested in getting a new A4 SE quattro; from what i hear they can be had for $400 with all taxes and fees included for a 36/15000 mile lease including audicare. I want to confirm this is true and also is it possible to get the same price for a 24 month/15000 mile lease? Anyone know if the MF is the same for the 24 month/15?

I went to a few dealerships already for the IS250 AWD, 328xi and G35x. All want $500 for the same lease 36/15000/$0 sign and drive. Thats why the audi seems like a better deal for $400 or less. I'm located in NJ/NY area. I haven't tried the audi dealers but i hate going to dealerships, now i'll just negotiate via email only. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  • luvaudi19luvaudi19 Member Posts: 34
    Just a friendly reminder that "no money down" does not necessarily mean no money due at signing. In many cases, "No Money Down" means bank fee(acquisition fee), 1st month payment, DMV fees, and taxes are due at signing. "No money down" generally means no capital reduction.

The money factor is the same for 24 months and 36 months on the A4s. However, the "sweet spot residual" is for 36 months.
    Thanks for the reminder but I'm basing it on multiple deals including the one listed below as an example of someone that had all fees including i.e. DMV, taxes etc all rolled into the lease price for a total of $407/month, 36/15000 miles,sign and drive, nothing out of pocket including full maintenance (Audicare). I think the same deal can be had for less than $400 for 24months/15000yr.

Anyone have any other great deals to mention?

------ Replying to: audieddy (Feb 17, 2008 1:58 pm)
    Signed the papers on my new Audi lease today. I am so happy, its my first lease but I feel like I got a killer deal. Made sense becuase I seem to change cars every 2-3 years and now use public tranportation for most of my work commute

Car: 2008 2.0T Brilliant black Quattro with black interior (so much nicer than gray or beige interior IMHO) heated seats, premium, dark birch wood (prefer silver but wood actually looked nice) and SPORT suspension (only two black cars in NE with sport according to Dealer). Sport brings the wheels down an inch but looks soo much better than than stock ride height. Anyway onto the lease deal...

MSRP: 33725
    Lease term: 36 month
    Mileage allowance: 45k (15k per year)
    Rate: .00025 (=.06%)
    Residual:55% (54% + 1% fadded for Audicare)
    Fees: $0 drive offfAll fees were rolled into lease including registration ($120), doc fees ($260 ouch!), first month lease fee ($400), acq fee ($575), sticker ($29) and Audi Care ($590) plus a few others for reigsering but I forget.
    Cap cost with all fees rolled in: $32,470
    Monthly lease: $388 + $19 (5% MA tax)= $407 a month

Funny thing is I added Audi Care at last minute after talking to Service group. They said the second service for the A4 costs about $400 alone and all the services added up over 45k would cost at least $1100. AduiCare was a no brainer . Although it costs $590 up front, you get back some becuase it adds 1% to your residual (in my case $337) so it only really cost you $7 X36 or $252.

As I was looking over the final paper work I found two errors. First the finance guy forgot to roll in the first month as agreed upoon. So he redid paper work. Then he gave me the paper and it said $407 per month. We kept looking over the numbers and I finally realized his $407 INCLUDED tax (so he was actually $388 + $19 tax).

My wife is going to have a hard time beleiveing that we are better off now with a new car than 7 year old BMW with 105k. Sold that for 10k and used the money to pay off my loan on my 05 Jeep (which was $375 per month and had about 3 years left) . SO my total payments for autos only rose $30 per month and I have no maintenance cost or repairs for the next 3 years on the Audi (well maybe brakes and possibly tires depending on how I drive). Over the next 45k the BMW was due for a clutch ($1000 ), brakes (all 4 for $600), tires ($650), and at least 5 oil changes ($500), plus nothing was under warranty any longer.
    Hey dadas78,
    I want the same deal, who did you deal with at that dealership. Also, did u have to pay the 1st month? for some reason I'm getting higher than you, what was your Residual ?
    Thanks!
  • dadas78dadas78 Member Posts: 6
    Prince,

I dealt with DB. Made the situation somewhat easy. I told them I was serious, ready to pull the trigger, but also prepared to walk if he couldn't do what I wanted. The 1st month payment was included.

2008 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T quattroAT6 SE
    MSRP: $34,850.00
    Sale Price:$31,983.56
    Rate: .00110
    Residual 0.55
    Residual Price $19,167.50
    Lease payment: $400.00 per month
    36 Months
    15,000 Mile per year
    Audi care included in price

$2,000.00 at signing includes ACQ fee $575, 1st month payment of $400, DOC fee $148.50, NJ registration $282.50

Taxes were rolled into the lease and included in the $400 per month.
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    You are correct...it was 5000 off sticker.

I'm in Southern California...the dealership was Penske Audi in West Covina (about 20 miles east of downtown la, off the 10)...check out the website.
  • gtylersgtylers Member Posts: 10
    How hard is it to get one of these leases with everything rolled into the payment and literally pay NO money down. Right now the deal I was offered was an A4 FWD, 3yrs/15k, $1200 down and the payment was $382 +tax.

This seems SUPER high to me. I want the quattro model and I think I could do much better on the payment. This is NE Ohio area.

Thanks.
  • kaudi4kaudi4 Member Posts: 1
    First time leasing
    offer from dealership:
    Audi A4 2.0 special addition quattro with convenience package(+$2,100)
    msrp: 36600
    price: 34960
    residual: 53%
    MF .00110
    36mo/15K
    Trade in $2000 (which I am not settling for)
    total due at signing-
    5,500 at signing (taxes, 1st payment, plates, doc fee, 1350 cash, acquisition fee)
    monthly payment $448
    this is where they started which seems high- considering that $5,500 down!
    What is a fair counter offer bc I am going back once more with my final numbers and then heading elsewhere?
  • daredevilsdaredevils Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to close on a lease on 2008 AUDI A4 1.8T with premium package and heated seats. Its Silver with ebony interior.

The lease is for 36month/15000 miles a year. The rate offered to me is 487 (which includes Audi maintenence and PA taxes of 6%. The residual % is 51.

I see the other guys here paying between $400 - $410 a month for similar specs.

Any comments.
    Yes that is SUPER high. First of all, no one should EVER put a single dollar down ever on a lease (Carman mentions this all the time in his postings). If the car gets totalled insurance will never pay that money back to you and you're out thousands of dollars. On my last lease, which is expiring soon, I paid $0 out of pocket at signing, not even the first month's payment; I had everything rolled into the monthly payments including taxes, inception fees, everything.

I emailed some dealers here in NJ/NY area and with everything included (ask for sign and drive) you should be getting for a 2008 SE quattro $415 or less/month with 3yrs/15000 miles with Audicare (full maintenance). I'm talking about all taxes, and any other fees, $0 out of pocket at signing. Audi is being agressive b/c the re-designed 2009 is coming and the 2008 is an old model.

One poster listed in Feb or March $407 he paid for sign and drive SE quattro. Deals should be better than this. I'm looking for $400 or less. If anyone finds it let me know the dealer.
    I don't know of a 1.8 T model, only ones listed and that I've seen are 2.0 T for 2008.
    I'd be looking for a SE quattro if I were you.

Also, 1 thing to consider is that this car is a gas guzzler, it drinks gas like water similar to a sports car. I rented this car in January for a week while on vacation and it cost me a bundle but was fun to drive. I'd fight for every dollar when negotiating a lease, you'll need it for the gas. ;)
    Old habits die hard. I am currently leasing a 1.8T which I will be turning in and going for the new T2.0
    I am getting a 2008 A4 SE for $455 and a non-SE for $426. Which you think is better deal.

Whats the difference between the two models
    depends, what are your lease details, and is it Quattro.......also, is it a true sign and drive deal with Audicare, and do you know what the msrp is for each car, etc?
  • stevem7stevem7 Member Posts: 26
    Anyone have 3yr/15k residuals and money factors for both Audi A4 convertible and the Volvo C70 convertible?

Looking at both.
  • turtle12turtle12 Member Posts: 2
    This is my first time leasing. I have been given a quote of $389/month for an Audi A4 Quattro SE AWD lease with 15K miles/year. But i am not sure about the rest -- I have seen a lot of info on the discussions about residual price, down payment etc. But can't get a straight answer from a dealer about any of that type of detail.

I am trying to do all of this over email or phone and just don't want to pay more than the TMV of the car. thanks
  • phattb69phattb69 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Carman,
    Can you post the May rates for an Audi A4 2.0t quattro cabriolet. Thanks in Advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi stevem7. I have not seen Audi or Volvo's new May lease programs yet. I believe that they either have not been introduced yet or were just introduced this weekend. If you're interested, Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T convertible without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00027 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey phattb69. I have not seen Audi's new May lease programs yet. I believe that it either has not been introduced yet or that it was just introduced this weekend. If you're interested, Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T convertible with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00048 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • phattb69phattb69 Member Posts: 4
    thanks a lot carman
    Car_man

It look like AUDI has come out with the new specials for the A-4 Cabriolet.
    It appears that they have made the deal even better than it was. Advertised car is for $479 a month with an MSRP of $41,275 and it includes the additional $575 Bank Acquisition fee. Residual comes out at 55% with 10,000 Miles.
    So the money Factor would probably be the same as previous at .00027. I would have to guess that there is some additional support to get the price where it is.

Car_ man do you know if my figures are correct and if the additonal would be a rebate to dealer or consumer?
    Thanks for your help.
  • saabtasticsaabtastic Member Posts: 7
    It is true, we found out last night that if the dealer has an A4 over 6months old there is some great deals on those. Here is the deal I walked away from. It was not easy to pass this up but I did. The sales manager said he never saw one go this cheap as the money factor was at or under 1%

2008 A4 Convertible
    Quattro 2.0 4cyl w/ IPOD, heated seats, with Audi Care included. Metallic Paint.
    15k year
    $0 down.0.0.0.0.
    $350 disposal fee

$499 included wisconsin taxes x 35 months (Audi paying the first payment)
    Could have had bluetooth with this for +12 more on a different color.

Due to the fact I have an 06 Saab Aero Convertible, my fiance has a nissan 350z convertible I am going to pass as I think two conviertibles in chicago and also a boat is a bit much. But the other reason I passed is coming up.....

(Heres the really funny thing we were really going to buy the car and we were sitting there starring for about 5 minutes straight about 6ft from the car, my fiancee and I when all of a sudden some guy backed into it with his honda accord and crushed the front headlight, he jumped out and paniced and as he approached I pulled the clicker out of my pocket and turned off the alarm, he asked if it was my car and I said no not now but I was thinking about buying it... police came and gave him a ticket it was quite an evening last night....The sales manager asked who parked the car there but they never questioned me on it. I actually took the car from the same place I got it from on the test drive anyways...

We were happy because we felt it was God's way of telling us maybe this was not the car for us :surprise:
  • uhadmeathellouhadmeathello Member Posts: 4
    Great story.....Ummm can you tell me the name of the dealership and city so they don't pitch me the same car when I go? lol.
  • uhadmeathellouhadmeathello Member Posts: 4
    Anyone recently return an AUDI car after the lease program was over? A fellow co-worker just recently returned his A4 and was assessed over $2,000 in wear and tear charges, such as
    $125 for lost key
    $60 per stain on carpets

I am interested in leasing an AUDI (sold my old one years ago) but hestitate to pull the trigger. I just recently returned my Honda (after lease end) and found their $1,500 deductible for wear and tear (and other minor scrapes) absolutely wonderful.

Anyone have stories of blatant, excessive charges for Audi lease returns? Or am I fretting over nothing? I'm interested to know more. Thanks.
    I recently had my A-4 inspected for the Lease turn in, and I take exceptionaly good care of my cars. The Inspection company seemed very throrough and really went over everything with a fine tooth comb and lots of notations in the process. At the end he said that I did not have any financial responsibility as it was within their specs for normal wear & tear
  • jkenikjkenik Member Posts: 6
    Car has everything I want! MSRP is $37,175 and they're selling at $35,000. $1359 down and $430 + tax/month. They say it's $20 over invoice. Is there any wiggle room, and will they sell below invoice?? Thanks!!
  • saaber1saaber1 Member Posts: 31
    i would love to hear if this is a good quote or if i can do better:

36 mos
    $0 cap cost reduction
    $1050 inception (includes acq, doc, DMV)
    MSRP $34850
    invoice $32832
    residual 54%
    money factor .00002
    they will also pay off my last 2 car payments which totals $858
    $430 per month (including NJ taxes).
    i calculated it to be $417 per month but with the last 2 payments of my current lease being paid for by them, i thought perhaps it's a good deal.

prove me wrong please and thanks for all the help.
  • sharkalasharkala Member Posts: 48
    Hi-
    My Audi A4 l2 year ;ease is up in September and I am definitley looking to lease a new one. I currently have 16K miles on the car with the mileage allowance being 15K per year. Will I have any wiggling room when negotiating a new lease?
    Thanks.
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    you didn't state your sale price so its hard to tell if you got a great deal. Another thing, that MF is way low, almost free financing, I don't exactly know the A4 SE rates, but could it be .0002 vs .00002?
    Just make sure the "last 2 payments" aren't being rolled into your cap cost, otherwise, you're actually making the payments, not them.
  • saaber1saaber1 Member Posts: 31
    thanks gforce,

the sale price is $32832. also, i calculated the lease payment using MF .00002 and it came out to $417 yet the quote i received was for $430.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772
    One less ZERO in the money factor would change the payment by about that much...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Here's the current ad off the website as of today 5/9

Now, for a limited time, Audi is offering an exceptional lease through Audi Financial Services on a nicely equipped 2008 A4 2.0 T quattro Special Edition. (See complete details below.) This offer is good through July 2, 2008 so hurry into your local Audi dealer today to take advantage of these winning savings.*

2008 A4 2.0 T quattro Special Edition
    $419 per month
    36-month lease*
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Down payment $0
    Security deposit $0
    Acquisition fee - capitalized within lease contract ($575)
    First month payment $0
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Amount due at lease inception $0

Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees. See dealer for details.

*36-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 7/2/2008. Rate based on $34,100 MSRP of 2008 Audi A4 2.0 T with quattro, Tiptronic transmission, Special Edition Package and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $18,755.

Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. See dealer for details. Refundable security deposit return subject to excess mileage and wear charges. For details, consult your Audi Financial Services contract.
This discussion has been closed.