Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• awinnerawinner Member Posts: 27
    An Audi dealership in West Covina
  • jdunnisherjdunnisher Member Posts: 56
    Congrats on the great deal, awinner.
  • marksellslamarksellsla Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up an A4 too. Although after the irrational exuberance of getting a new car died off and having read thoroughly my contract, I'm not so sure I got the best deal. I though that I had negotiated the MSRP down, but they charged me the full MSRP plus some. I love the car though, however should I say something to dealer and see if they can renegotiate? Here's what I got:

Brilliant Black
    Quattro
    SE with S-line package
    NAV
    BLUETOOTH
    I-POD DOCK
    TIP TRONIC
    MSRP $38,800
    CAPITALIZED COST $41,008
    $369.00 DRIVE OFF
    $599 PER MONTH incl TAX (So-Cal 8.25%), AUDI CARE, EXCESS WEAR AND TEAR

What do you guys think? My credit scores were 655 and 682. Is this why I got this deal? Do they charge more on cars with options?
    marksellsla,

That payment does seem quite high for an A4. What was the negotiated sales price of the vehicle itself? I see that you posted the MSRP and cap cost, but not the vehicle price. Even with rolling in the acquisition fee and any dealer charges, I don't see how the cap cost could be over $41k. That seems crazy! Did you have a trade with negative equity rolled in?

With credit scores below 700, it's likely that you didn't qualify for Audi's insanely low MF (0.00002), but I still wouldn't think your payment should reach $600 a month.

Take another look at your contract and see how they came up with your numbers. I'm not sure whether California has a "cooldown" period or not, but that would be your only chance to return the vehicle and try to negotiate a better deal somewhere else. Keep in mind that most states don't have any such law. Typically, once you've signed the paperwork and left the lot with the vehicle, it is a binding contract.

I hope everything works out for you.

--Jordan
  • awinnerawinner Member Posts: 27
    California does not have a cooling off period.
  • gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    Car_Man
    Finally picked up my new A-4 Cabriolet on Saturday. This was ordered by the dealer over two months ago (they didn't have any available with Nav in the colors that I wanted) and just came in. I did originally negotiate the sale price and Monthly payment as they locked in the MF and Residual prior to the changes in May.

The Salesperson at Champion Motors in S FL did agree to honor the Current deal which was obviously better than the original price with the $2,000 loyalty and Audi PAYING (not Waiving) the first month.

So ultimately I feel that I have received a very good and very fair deal. This with only a reasonable amount of haggling to go through. Tried to use a higher MF (.00061), :surprise: but I caught it when the numbers didn't add up and only then I got .00036
    (Money Factor does show up anywhere in the paperwork)

Details Details

MSRP $46,725 (Invoice $43,503)

Cap Cost Originally agreed upon at $43,900, and with the $2,000 Loyalty
    Came in at $41,900
    Acquisition Fee $575
    Audicare $650 (Increased residual by 1%)
    Dealer Fee (Profit) $399
    Adjusted Cap Cost $43,524

Monthly Payment Tax in is $540.29
    with 10,000 miles and 36 months
    Audi paid the first month and Inception was just tax, tag, and title.

Glad this is done for the next three years. :);)
    gwarrenfl
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    I think they sold him the car @ ~$1000 over invoice, probably around $37,800ish, but then add the acq fee of $575, Audi Care @ $650, you've got a gross cap of right around $39,000. Average deal on the part of sales - but I think finance hit him at full tilt on the "wear and tear" plan at around $2k.

Just glancing at the mo payment, it looks like they gave him the base rate or very close. To get an almost 0% lease with less than a 700 FICO is still pretty good - no, wait, that's amazing! They just needed to make up some profit elsewhere.

To Mark:

I personally would dump the "wear & tear" plan, especially on a lease. Don't tell the finance manager that I told you to do that - she'll hate me forever! This can be done on items purchased in the F&I dept, but you'd better do it within the next day or two. The negotiation on the vehicle is set.
  • macbjgmacbjg Member Posts: 11
    Just leased an A4 SE w/ tiptronic, BT, iPod and AudiCare, 36 mo, 10k/yr for $407./mo exclusive of taxes with $0. up front. Try as I might, I could not get the dealer -- with whom I have a long term relationship -- to drop below invoice (actually $79. above invoice). Fact is, there is no supply of A4's anymore and because of the ridiculous money factor the demand is brisk. So, at least in this region you will not see the sub $400. deals that were either reported here a month ago or, perhaps, are still available out west. Indeed, I called other dealers -- who were recommended here -- and they have no stock. So, don't drive yourself nuts trying to get that sub $400./mo deal. The dealer is entitled to a few bucks (even accounting for dealer holdback) on the deal. That said, I must say, I am somewhat disgusted by what I perceive as deception by Audi of America with the $575. acquisition fee on top of some $365. in silly fees added onto the invoice. There's $20./mo right there.
  • marksellslamarksellsla Member Posts: 2
    So I've had some time to cool off and drive the car through the canyons of Los Angeles and up and down Sunset Blvd today in S-mode, use my cool bluetooth system, plug my ipod in my car, and had so much fun. I'm surprised I never discovered the thrill of driving an Audi sooner. At this point I made a deal with the dealer for a price I was willing to pay. It's totally worth it.
    You like the car, you can afford it, and most of all, you're happy - that's all that really matters. Just enjoy the car for the next 3 years and don't even think about the numbers 'til it's time to get a new one. Congrats!
  • timdmbtimdmb Member Posts: 8
    Picked up audi a4 se 2.0t quattro with nav and sirius, heated seats, convenience pkg, grey leather/quartz grey metallic on friday heres the deal:

2200 up front.. taxes, and fees
    462 a month (including audi care)
    10k/36m

so far i love the car only time will tell how much, fun to drive, amazing detail in the interiorlike the upgraded wheels on the se anyway anyone looking in the nyc area lemme kno
  • bchan88usbchan88us Member Posts: 12
    it looks like the avergae leasing price has gone up from the last 2 years. i have my a4 2.0Q with everything except NAV for $700 down, $450 a month. 12k a yr

my lease is going to be up in 7-8 months, i hope i could get a similar deal.....
  • cpa_howardcpa_howard Member Posts: 8
    I just signed the deal on the West Covina, CA, it's liked my previous post, no hidden cost and deal is liked email communicated. It takes about an hour from I walked in dealer to sign the contract and get the keys.
    I'd strongly recommend people live in southern California to pay a visit Penske Audi, it's a pleased process.
    I used Edmund's dealer locator to quote the dealers nearby my home, one in Santa Ana told me that the number is too aggressive, the other in Riverside, CA said they can beat it but don't show anything from email, so I went by and found they just try to fish me, so I just walked away and felt terrible.
    Penske is the best, they even pick up from your home to dealer. It's good to live on the West Coast.
  • tomvientomvien Member Posts: 1
    Hello..

I am wondering if you, the experts, can give me some advice on the deal i was able to negotiate for 2008 A4.

Here it is:
    2008 Audi A4 4dr Sdn 2.0T SE
    Selling Price: 29,500
    Balance due (after sales tax, title fee, documentation fee): 32,245

I went for 36 months, 15,000 miles, with 1,500 down for $382 a month.

Is this good or should i push for more?

Thanks for any info and thoughts...
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    Does anyone know the new lease rates on the A4 Cabrio? I'm interested in both the 2.0 and 3.2 ... in the New York Tri-state area. My understanding is that Audi will continue to produce the cabrio till November. After that, the cabrio will become part of the A5 line, with a new design expected in the Spring of 2009. Any information you can provided is appreciated.
  • paiger1paiger1 Member Posts: 4
    I'm in Reno, NV, but am dealing with an Audi dealership in Sacramento.

Here are the details: Audi A4 2.0T Quattro 6 spd. Man., Special Edition w/ Bose, I-pod interface, sport suspension (not sport pkg, just susp. only). Red exterior, beige interior.

MSRP: $35,002
    Adj. Cap: $33,777 (they told me invoice was $33,500)
    Residual: $19,827 (55%)
    Depreciation: $15,174.50
    Money Factor: .00092

No $ down. 36 mo. lease/12,000k.
    Monthly payment incl. tax is $508.53. This payment seems high to me considering the other posts I've read where people are getting payments in the low $400's or even sub-$400.00

Any ideas re: what I can do to negotiate a better deal. (they are also telling me I only have until July 7th and then the lease special will be over)...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    tell them you want the actual audi money factor of .00002 and not a marked-up money factor of .00092.

.00002mf = .05% while .00092 = 2.21%

that will knock almost $50 off your monthly.

I think the sub $400 deals are for cvt vehicles not quattro vehicles.

what are the drive-off costs ?

and make sure you are only making 35 payments.
    Thanks loggie...

I also contacted the dealer in West Covina (Penske) that Jordan in this same message thread was recommending. This would be for an A4 2.0T CVT (I thought I would forego the quattro since I don't absolutely have to have it as long as car is front wd), Special Ed. but it doesn't have convenience or Bose. It does, however, have sport suspension, and wood trim and wood steering wheel, blue tooth, and i-pod adapter.

The selling price he quoted me is $32,168.00 plus the acquisition fee for an adjusted cap cost of $32,743.00 (he says invoice is $32,688 but I haven't seen their invoice)
    Residual of $18,557.10
    Money factor of .00037
    Payments would be $413.02 per month + tax (which in Reno is 7.375%).

Only drive off fee would be the 1st year DMV fee.

The quattro I talked about in my earlier post was a payment of $508.00 (incl. tax) so by not going with quattro, or convenience pkg, or bose audio, I'd be saving about $64.00 per month in payment (trick is I have to get down to LA from Reno instead of simply driving to Sacramento) Worth it? I dunno... I'll see maybe if they will go to the .00002 mf - that would help :)
    Loggie/Car Man

So the dealer in Sacramento came back with the following on an A4 2.0T Quattro, 6spd manual, w/ convenience pkg, bose stereo, i-pod, sport suspension.
    36 month/10,000k per year lease.

Net cap. $34,352
    Adj. cap. $33,777
    MF .00002 (they came down from the .00092)
    No $ down except about $351 in DMV fees (which I'd have to pay anyway)
    Monthly payment incl. NV tax of 7.375 is $434.00 (this is without audi care, which I told them I don't want).

They came down on the mf, but not on the adj. cap - do you think this is a good deal? Or do you see any more room for negotiation?

Thanks!
  • loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    looks like a very good deal to me, I am on the east coast and have yet to receive and offer that good, especially considering the options (convenience, bose, etc).

your mileage was originally 12k, it is now 10K, that is worth 1% on the residual or about $10/month on a $35000 msrp vehicle.

lastly, my opinion is that audicare is a no-brainer on leased vechicles.
    you pay $650 but your residual increases by 1%, so the net cost = $650 - 350, or 300 for 4-5 scheduled service appointments.
  • artcricketartcricket Member Posts: 4
    i leased an Audi last october from Niello. very good experience.
    Lithia in reno services the car. perfect combo in my mind.
    Thanks loggie - I appreciate the advice. I think it is a good deal too - I'm just always second-guessing when it comes to cars. I must say also - the sales associate I am dealing with at Niello Audi in Sacramento has been wonderful. Funny thing is, they had the exact same car at Lithia Audi in Reno but they claim to be a non-negotiable dealership. So they lost my business, but will be servicing my car. Am hoping to pick it up next weekend in Sac. I agree on the Audi care - I will add that - only increases the payment from $434 to $444...

Thanks again for your opinion - was very helpful...
  • jakelatjakelat Member Posts: 12
    ...turn out the lights...

Audi has ended their lease programs on the A4. I got a quote today of over $600...
    I guess you had to strike while the iron was hot. I figured my chance to get a sub-$400 monthly payment on an A4 with zero down was going to be a limited time thing. I'm definitely glad I did.

I haven't seen the new money factors yet, but I knew they could only go UP from the 0.00002 that was being offered on the Special Edition models.

The upside is... the sweet new 2009 models are just around the corner. If you're willing to pay the price, that is.

--Jordan
  • jakelatjakelat Member Posts: 12
    Not sure what the new MF is, but the payment went up to over 600
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Audi is going to special interest rates on remaining 08's.

No more sign and drive lease deals.
  • macbjgmacbjg Member Posts: 11
    I am locked in at $407./mo for a 36k, 10k/yr, 2.0 SE Quattro w/ BT, iPod and AudiCare. For those who tried to persuade me that a sub $400. lease was there to be had in the NYC area as recently as two weeks ago, my dealer told me the same vehicle would fetch $530./mo -- if it could be located. Moral of the story, do not let "the game" get the better of you and lose a good deal in the hope of saving a couple of bucks a month. That is, make the move when you have the opportunity.
    I don't know that anyone on this board was reporting a sub $400 lease for the Quattro model. I believe those of us that were able to get below $400 a month were all referring to the CVT model, although mine is a 15k per year lease since I needed the additional mileage.

However, I do agree with your statement. If you've negotiated what you feel to be a fair deal with a dealer or salesperson you are comfortable working with, then jump on it while you can.
  • cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    I just heard that yes the lease specials are dead and finance managers are actually looking to outside banks, so you know it got really ugly. The good news is there is supposedly dealer cash, along with financing incentives. How much and terms i have not heard. The salesman didnt have firm number. Can anyone confirm the dealer cash figures, availibity, and terms associated with. Carman? Anyone? Thanks in advance

cndnbkn
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    I got my A4 2.0T for $360 a month plus NY Tax on June 16..and YES..it is Quattro.
    Great!
  • gprettgprett Member Posts: 12
    Sounds like a great deal. Where did you get this?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hey gwarrenfl. Congrats on getting your new ride. Thanks for stopping back and letting us know how everything turned out. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your dealer experience as well. Have a great weekend.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi rr4mywife. I have bad news and I have good news. The bad news is that Audi pulled the plug on its lease support on A4s for the month of July. The good news is that it replaced it with new dealer cash. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Cabriolet with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00279 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 A4 3.2 Cabriolet are .00279 and 48%. Audi is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on both of these cars.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, cndnbkn. Audi has pulled the plug on its special lease program on the A4 and replaced it with special financing rates or dealer cash. Here are the particulars of its current program:

0.9% financing for 3 years, 1.9% for 4 years, 2.9% for 5 years, and 2.9% for 6 years on all A4 models

OR

$2,000 dealer cash on the 2008 A4 2.0T SE
    $2,500 dealer cash on the 2008 A4 3.2 Avant
    $3,000 dealer cash on non-SE A4 2.0T models and A4 3.2 Sedan

Car_man
    Host
  • kpfkpf Member Posts: 1
    What is the best way to negotiate the A4 lease? Does one negotiate downward from MSRP, then subtract the $2K from that? Will most dealers give back any other cash incentives from the manufacturer? And, are you aware of any lease deals for the 2009 A4? Thanks. KF
  • mweinstein2mweinstein2 Member Posts: 16
    Can someone please tell me the offer that expired on July 7th? I put deposit down on July 4th to take advantage of offer. Picking up car on Saturday and want to be sure the dealer is honoring the promotion. I am getting:

Audi 4 Quattro SE
    Dolphin Grey
    Audi Care included
    Bluetooth included
    ipod included
    mud flaps included
    all weather mats included
    cargo net included
    trunk mat included
    $419 a month for 15,000 miles a year

I cant find the promo paper work but I remember first month free and no other fees. I am only paying taxes up front. Were they also waving the turn in fees?
    Anyone that has the actual promotion and terms and can send I would be appreciative. Tried finding somewhere on the web but everything is removed.
    The program that expired on 7/2/08:

- No security deposit
    - No down payment
    - No 1st month payment
    - $575 acquisition fee capped into lease payments

36/15k Residual - 53% w/ Audi Care (52% without)
    Base Rate - .00002

Not sure how they locked your rate unless you got an app in prior to the event ending. Hopefully, they're not jerkin' your chain 'cause typically once one program ends, you are SOL.
  • mweinstein2mweinstein2 Member Posts: 16
    Thanks. Audi had extended the promotion until Monday July 7th and paperwork and deposit were left on July 4th. They are telling me taxes/mv fees are $2600. I am in Northern NJ.
    As long as they honor those numbers,you're set.

Hope all works out!
  • alexnyc8888alexnyc8888 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Everyone.
    What do you guys think the 2009 A4 will be selling for once they come out in September? The new model looks hot, and in a good economy I would not be suprised if there were waiting lines, but with economy in recession do you think discounts can be had at launch?
    Any ideas?
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi

I am also interested in the new 2009 A4. I went to one dealer by the Palisade Mall in NJ and he basically said if you want one you need to order it because the first arrivals are already sold. My assumption is that if you want to be the first person on your block to get one you will not get a good deal. You will have to wait until Oct at the earliest but probably more like Dec.

If I get one it will be from a dealer in either Westchester or Greenwich CT. Good luck. Let me know how you make out. I am also looking at the new 2009 Acura TL all wheel drive that will be out around the same time as the Audi.
  • alexnyc8888alexnyc8888 Member Posts: 10
    I returned my Acura TL 05 lease in June and have been (and will) driving my father's murano until Audi 2009 comes out and price stabilizes. I dont care if i am not the first on the block to get one hehe.
    I saw the new Acura pictures, and I do not like the way it looks at all. For me its either A4 or the C class. A4 is MSRP is cheaper than C with options that i want. I wanted to get Premium Plus, but I read here that center console that is on Audi website is only available in Prestige, unfortunately (Center console MMI control + keyless start). MSRP for 2.0 Prestige with Navigation comes out to 43K. I will wait until these start selling for around 41K or so before i jump in. Should not be long with current state of the economy. At least I hope so. No way i am paying MSRP for these. I wonder what the money factor will be on these around November/December timeframe.
  • maxuacatmaxuacat Member Posts: 2
    I got quoted 3k over msrp for an A4 avant, 37,950 and the guy then suggested lease at 705 per month with 2k down. This is my second time trying to do a deal with this dealership and I am again amazed that they are still in business.
    Hi kpf. Here's how I would negotiate a good deal on an Audi A4. First, I would look up the dealer invoice price of the exact car that I want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. The dealer cash that Audi is currently providing on the A4 is not compatible with its special lease program, so you can use that to help you negotiate a good price. Shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over invoice.

Once you have a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your lease payment using Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00142 (for an '08 A4 2.0T SE Sedan with quattro).

The process for leasing an '09 model would be basically the same, but I do not believe that Audi has published a lease program for it yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Anyone who wants a new 2009 A4 should wait until a few months after it is introduced. Dealers are going to try to get every penny that they can for it when it first hits dealer lots, but as time progresses the prices will get much more reasonable. By the end of the model year, I suspect that the deals that are available on it will be fairly similar to the deals that are available on the 2008 model right now, at least in terms of the lease payments.

Car_man
    Host
  • thetmkthetmk Member Posts: 4
    I'm hoping someone (Car_man? ;-) can help me out with some of the finer details of the current A4 promo for a $379/36 month lease which expires 2-SEP. I'm currently in a 2007 A4 2.0T that I leased at the end of 2006 under the awesome 24 month/15K deal they had going on at the time. Specifically, I'm looking at a 2008 A4 Avant SE 2.0T quatto, manual. So my questions are:

* Will these rates apply to an Avant?

* If so, what MF and residuals are they using for this promo at the 10K mile/year and what would they be at the 12K mile/year?

* Am I correct in my reading of the earlier threads that that $2K dealer cash for the A4 line cannot be combined with these special (but not really special) lease rates? I ask because the write up provides that the expressed rate includes a dealer contribution of the "$2,000 market allowance program" -- I'd read this to assume therefore that the dealer cash can be combined with the not so special lease rates. . .

* There is currently $2500 in AFS cash to A4 leases which expire between 12/1/08 and 1/3/09 -- is this distinct from any other "lease pull ahead" programs that AFS is running now (I assume it is not - the intention being this covers remaining payments plus a little left over)

* The $500 loyalty cash offer only applies to the A6 and not the A4, correct?

The above leaves me to conclude that what AFS really wants to do is drive you toward an A6 lease.

I'll likely wait until December to see if AFS runs another stellar EOY lease promo, but I'm going to crunch the numbers of the latest to see what it yields too.

Thanks a lot -

TMK
  • jstylmanjstylman Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking to lease an Audi A4 Avant Wagon (2.0, limited options), but have been getting what seem to be absurd quotes for a 3yr/10k mi lease... some range in the $600-700/mo range. Am I nuts or should a lease on this car be cheaper? If that's high what should it be?

Anyone have a recommendation on a dealer in the NY area? Somewhere within an hour of the city.

Thanks,
    J
  • glennquagmireglennquagmire Member Posts: 1
    Just completed a Premier Purchase that turned out to be considerably better than any current lease programs. MSRP on my 08 Avant was $38,500 with selling price of $34,237 based on supplier purchase (6% discount) and add'l $2K dealer incentive. Offered Premier Purchase program for 36 mos @ 15K miles per year with balloon payment (residual) of 51% and 5.26% interest. Added bonus of Premier Purchase is no acquisition or disposition fee and, in my state, an allowance in netting out trade value on sales tax that would otherwise not apply for a lease.

Opted for AudiCare at $650 so payments came to ~$545 with zero down.

Similar terms on a lease was 44% residual and a money factor of .0039 (9%+) so I recommend looking into Premier Purchase as option.

Dealers have marketing dollars from Audi and are motivated to move remaining 08 models so you should be able to get close to the supplier discount + incentive even if you don't qualify.

Good luck!
  • jstylmanjstylman Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback! Bizarre that the models I am looking at are closer to base price ($5-6k cheaper on MSRP), but getting roughly the same quote.

If you don't mind my asking, what state are you in?
This discussion has been closed.