Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• fasanfamilyfasanfamily Member Posts: 9
    Any numbers released yet on the A4 as far as MF and residual? Going to go test drive it this weekend and hate to go in blind.
  • loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    audi of bernardsville has a 2008 A4 Avant in their inventory.
    pretty much loaded with MSRP of $39400.
    I have received good pricing from them on a Q7 lease back in apr/may.
    add nj@aol.com to my screen name and send me an email if you would like the name of my salesman, good experience, no BS.
  • a4vya4vy Member Posts: 9
    am in major desperation to find the best solution to my problem. I am moving away from the country in October 08 and dont know what to do about my car lease.

I leased an Audi A4 08' last september for a 36 month lease term . I still have about 24 months left. Will I end up paying the remaining 24 months even after turning the car in early? What is the best thing to do? Go through swaplease or leasetraders? Or would I be able to sell my lease somewhere else?

What about buying the car and selling it to a used car dealer - would this be a good solution to look into?

Any suggestions..solutions to help would be highly highly appreciated.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi TMK. You never mentioned how long you want to lease this wagon for, so I'll give you both the 24 and 36 month programs. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 A4 2.0T Avant SE with 12,000 miles per year are .00279 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00279 and 47%. The 10,000 mile per year residual values for this model would be 1% higher.

Audi is only providing lease support on '08 A4 Sedans right now, not Avants. So if you were to lease this wagon through Audi Financial Services you will have to use its standard lease money factors. The good news is that AFS standard lease program should be compatible with the $2,000 dealer cash that is available on this model. Audi is not currently providing any owner loyalty cash on the A4.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi fasanfamily. Audi just published a special lease program for the new 2009 A4 yesterday. Its lease program for this car obviously varies by trim level, term, and mileage allowance. I'll make some assumptions about these variables to give you an idea of what the current program is like. Let me know if you want the numbers for something different.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 A4 2.0T Premium Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi a4vy. Sorry to hear about your tough situation. You basically have three options here. You can find someone to assume your lease either on your own or by using a site like swapalease.com, you can purchase your leased vehicle and try to sell it privately or to a dealer, or you can see if Audi will let you make all of your remaining payments and return your car early.

Finding someone to assume your lease is the best solution, but it is usually easier said than done. You will likely have to throw some money into the deal to entice someone to take it over. Buying your car from AFS and selling it is also an option, but given the current state of the used car market you are likely fairly upside down on your A4 and as a result this route will probably be more expensive than the lease assumption.

Car_man
    Host
  • loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    a lease transfer is a possibility.
    where are you located ?
    what options are in the A4 ?
    what is your payment ?
    what are the current & remaining miles ?
  • miket21miket21 Member Posts: 8
    Hi car man. My current lease is up in October and was thinking about getting into an 09 A4. Do you have the rates for and 09 Premium Plus Sedan Quattro 36 months/10k miles, and if so how long do these rates go for? I'm sure they won't be taking much off the MSRP for a car so new but it would be nice to get an idea of what i would be looking at monthly. Thanks.
    Hi Car_man and Loggie,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm totally stressing out about my situation and not really understanding half of what my lease is talking about makes it even harder. So thank you sooo much!!!!!!!

Here is some more information about my lease and what is on my lease agreement.

Audi A4 2.0T FWD Sedan 2008
    Quartz Silver exterior
    Black leather interior
    Current mileage: 12,405
    Lease miles: 15,000/yr

Downpayment: $5500
    36 Term lease 10/10/2007 ~ 10/10/2010
    Monthly Payments: $395.62
    I also was convinced to purchase the service contract for $590 which is included in the monthly payments.

Payoff info:
    Residual Value: $18,924.00
    Scheduled payments not yet due: $9,136.75
    Rebate Unearned rent charge: -$2,231.35 ( I have no idea what this is)
    Total Amount: $ 25,859.55

My car was leased from Rusnak Audi in Pasadena, Ca.

How much help do you think I would get from my car salesman on my situation?

I checked with Swapalease and they are charging a one time fee between 500-1200. It is definitely a lot lower then the whole $9000 from the rest of my lease but how reliable and effective are they? Can they find someone to take my lease within 30 days?

Am I able to transfer my lease without going through something like swapalease? How would i do that? Does Audi financial allow that? Would I just put ads in the paper or online? And basically who ever takes over this lease will also pay 395.62 per month? Do I get my downpayment back?

Thank you soo much for all the help. Thank you........
  • mumuxumumuxu Member Posts: 34
    Hi,

The way swapalease or leasetrade work is that they advertise your car !Leasetrade being a new site is cheaper ..not sure how many hits they get....
    I have leased a car each from both these sites.
    Not sure how much of down payment u will be able to recover ..but as long as u are flexible I feel u will be able to get someone to assume your lease. Paperwork may take time since it has to be approved by Audi or the company which has leased the car to u..! I wish u were on east coast we cud have negotiated the deal..! Good luck to u!
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    a4vy - Consumers interested in the lease transfer process are typically intrigued by exceptional lease values, shorter terms, higher monthly mileage allowances, and little-to-no money due at signing. It seems that the monthly payment on your A4 lease is reasonable, but I would not anticipate recovering any portion of your down payment. I would ask friends, family members, and co-workers if they are interested in assuming your lease. If that doesn't work, I would post your car on CraigsList.org for free and consider utilizing SwapALease.com. If time is of the essence, I would consider offering an incentive to lower the monthly payments and entice a potential buyer. It is important to note that the lease transfer process does take some time and Audi charges a $100 credit application fee to transfer the lease. This fee is very reasonable considering that BMW charges $450 and Mercedes now charges $595. Please feel free to email me at eights38@gmail.com if you have any more questions or concerns.
  • bchan88usbchan88us Member Posts: 12
    get the buyout quote and sell the car yourself. and you have to pay the different...lets say...buyout quote is 30k and you sell your car for 28k, then you have to come up 2k.
    the buyout quote is $ 25,859.55 . have you heard of car max? i was recommended to go there to have them give me a quote. do you think that my current buyout quote would be attractive?
    Hi mumuxu

Thanks.... yeah me too or that you were on the west coast. I totally love my car though...love audis!!! i was thinking about just shipping it back home to taiwan but after some research...the import duty is like 60% and other taxes..wasn't economical.

i talked to swapalease and they gave me a few options of what they would post the ad as -

0 down $433/month 36 months
    or if i want to get a portion of my downpayment the monthly lease payments would be higher.

but i dont understand why they would post it higher then what i am actually leasing it for now? why would the lease payments be different? Arent they just posting an ad on their site and some other car sites?

my current lease is about 395/month and i have about 24 months left on my lease at 15k. isnt that all the person who takes over my lease needs to pay? Other then if i can get any downpayment back but the worst is not getting any back and just leasing it as 395/month and 24 motnhs left.

how long does paperwork normally take?

thanks.....
  • bchan88usbchan88us Member Posts: 12
    if you are leaving the country, you just have to get the best price so that you pay the least different.

the buyout quote seems low....did you pay some $ upfront when you signed your lease?...well, spend one weekday and drive it to the car dealerships by your area and get a quote from them. dont go on weekend...because they only want to sell on the weekend.
  • mumuxumumuxu Member Posts: 34
    Hi,

Have no idea why Swapalease wud do that..Only they can explain that...!

My own experience has been that it takes around 6 weeks to have the paperwork done by the companies.

Let us talk over the weekend..? Write to me 'mumuxu@gmail.com'
    Hi bchan88us

Yes I paid $5500 for a down payment. I heard that was actually very high for downpayment.

Thanks.......
  • boynixboynix Member Posts: 4
    "Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 A4 2.0T Premium Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 57%, respectively."

Car_man,

Do you have the information on the 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Plus and Prestige lease rates? money factor / residual values?

I really appreciate it.

Thanks! :P
  • boynixboynix Member Posts: 4
    mumuxu, the time it takes for the paperwork to be completed varies by different financial companies.. some can take only 3 weeks. goodluck!
  • lej1447lej1447 Member Posts: 16
    A4vy, please email me at lej1447@gmail.com

I'm interested in such but need more info., and I'm not a dealer either.

Thanks,

James
  • lej1447lej1447 Member Posts: 16
    A4vy, I'm in your area. FYI. Just trying to help even though those options and color are not my first choice. You have my email address. Otherwise, I'll work on a 2009 model with LED lights.
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    car man, i am goin ginto the dealer tommorrow to look at the new a4 2.0 w/ premium lus and sport package. do you have the new september rates and residuals for 36, 10k? also, i hear they are giving silly deals on 2008 A6's, if so , do you have the rates on those? thx
  • mra321mra321 Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote from Audi Manhattan. I am trying to figure out how much my deal should be but cant seem to get it right.....

2009 A4- Premium Plus

MSRP-37,525
    Intial Payment-3,079 (inlc. taxes and 1st payment
    Monthly- 539

20 K miles

The rate is 0.00171

Here is additional info they emailed me:

M.S.R.P: $ 37,525.00

Your price: $ 36,523.00

Total initial payment: $ 3,079.75 (That includes taxes and 1st payment)

Taxes: $ 1,673.25

Registration Fees: $ 247.50

Monthly payment $ 539.00

Residual Value: $ 20,638.75

Pls advise. Thanks!
  • desgnconcptsdesgnconcpts Member Posts: 53
    Hello Car_Man,

I saw this requested before -- can you please post the lease rates for the 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Sedan with Tiptronic (Auto) transmission. I have been told the residual differs for the various trim levels -- the more expensive the trim, the lower the residual.

I am interested in the Premium Plus (WPS) trim and Prestige (WPT); looking for:
    24 months, 15K miles, 24 months, 12K miles
    36 months, 15K miles, 24 months, 12K miles

If there are any other details we need to know, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post this info as well. Thank you kindly for your help.
  • jiholl5333jiholl5333 Member Posts: 7
    Hi...I just got the following dealer quote

MSRP $41,475

36 months, 15k year, no cap cost reduction

$670.00 per month with tax (7%) includes "maintenance package" of about $8 per month...like BMW but no brakes, wipers...

What do you think..seems a bit high....didn't haggle yet.....thinking like 645 ish might be better? is it way off base..I think he said residual was 53% and MF was .0018 ???? thanks
  • soccerandlostsoccerandlost Member Posts: 50
    Sounds VERY high, even at $645. Negotiate the cap cost of the car. I don't know how far down you can get the Avant, but the sedan's are going under INVOICE (ie, *much* less than MSRP).
    thanks..what would you think would be fair...620?
    I just realized that you are looking at the 2009 and not the 2008. Assuming these are selling at MSRP (wouldn't surprise me), the monthly payment sounds about right. Now that still seems like a lot to pay for an A4, but that's an entirely different discussion.
    thanks again...what I have found is that as of sept, lease rates have soared (the ECONOMY) compared to the past few years...seems like what you might have paid for a $50,000 vehicle you must now pay for a $40,000 one. At least the new A4 Avant gives you a good deal of car...my deal included navigation system, etc....
    jiholl5333,

It's true that there aren't as many great lease deals out there right now as there have been in years past, but there are still some pretty good deals. For example, BMW is offering money factors that equate to about .9% right now, on a number of their cars (including the 3-series, although I'm not sure if it includes the wagon).

If you are committed to the A4 wagon, you can probably get it for less than $38,000 similarly-equipped, which would be less than $600/mo pre-tax (assuming the 2008's haven't taken too much of a residual hit, and I doubt they have). Perhaps as much as $100 less per month, if that matters.

My point, I guess, is that I don't think an A4 should set anyone back $600 or more per month. But I agree that the new 2009 A4 is an outstanding car. If you are willing to pay the new-model premium, I have no doubt you'll love the car.
  • tyler143tyler143 Member Posts: 4
    Can someone please post the money factor and residual % for the month of September based on the A4 Quattro base model with 15,000 miles and for 24 and 36 month lease term.
  • gforce11gforce11 Member Posts: 225
    BMW is not offering MF that equate 0.9%. BMW IS offering 0.9% financing on purchases. I've looked through all of BMW's September rates and the lowest MF on any of their models is .00120 (2.88%) on the 335i.
    Here are all of September rates for all 09 A4s. Surprisingly enough, the rates aren't horrible, but the car did get more expensive.
    GForce, I don't know this first-hand but I have a friend who just leased a BMW 2 weeks ago and he got a money factor that equated to about .9%. I don't know any more details than that, although it was in August if that made a difference.
  • utexas112utexas112 Member Posts: 10
    FWIW, got this quote from Miramar Audi, a San Diego dealer:

2009 2.0t Quattro; Black on Black.
    ~Special Internet Price: $ 33405.00+TL
    Lease Option:
    ~Term: 36 months
    ~Total Drive Off: $ 835.74
    ~Miles Per Year: 12000
    ~Monthly Payment: $ 472.85 +tax
    Money factor .00171
    Residual 59% 20298.95
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    That's $1000 off MSRP and the base rates..

Not really cheap for a $34K car.... but, a decent deal from the dealership, given the program they have to work with..

So... are you considering it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi Soccerandlost,
    It may be possible with Multiple Security Deposits. But August base rates are not that low without security deposits.

G
  • car_man_dancar_man_dan Member Posts: 1
    Actually, that's a $500 discount. MSRP is $33,905.
  • utexas112utexas112 Member Posts: 10
    I really like the new A4's, but probably looking at something less expensive for this lease go-round. Perhaps a Passat, though I am not pleased to learn the 2.0T Turbo model is not being offered in 2009.

I know that some people, particularly in Southern California, had reported difficulty in getting the dealer to move much off of MSRP since the B8 A4's debuted. Sounds like there is room to negotiate down from that initial quote.
    I've heard of $1000 of MSRP on the A4. Still pretty high if you ask me.
    I would wait until early next year, 1st half of the year seems to yield lower monthly payments on leases than 2nd half of the year.

G
  • ipod_nanoipod_nano Member Posts: 14
    I think thats wayy too high. Obviously you are in the market for an Audi, but it's only fair to include a cross competitor in your tabulations.

I signed a 335i lease, Cap cost of 45,500k, 0 out of pocket, 605/month 15k 36mo from BMW dealer in central NJ. That's including a 1800 upside down tradein(car needed alot of work) and tire/rim insurance. Take all of that away and you end up around 550.

Take everything into account.

Good luck, the new A4 is very nice and may just be my car next year when my car lease is up :-)
  • djrampage7djrampage7 Member Posts: 13
    ipod_nano - would you mind giving a bit more details about your lease.

What options you got with your car?

Also, would you mind telling me the dealership and dealer name that you worked with in Central NJ?

I'm looking to get into an A4 as well, but may have to wait it out, but it sounds like you got a really good deal on your 335i.
  • sydanycsydanyc Member Posts: 1
    Curious about this deal:

MSRP 35330
    Sale Price 33300
    Residual 60%
    12K miles
    Audi care
    $2400 down (covers tax title lic only)

comes out to $449/mo

What do you think, is it a good offer from the dealership?
    Hi miket21. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Premium Plus Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00171 and 58%, respectively. I believe that this lease program is scheduled to run through November 4th.

I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will work up a sample payment on this car for you if you provide us with an approximate MSRP and selling price for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi boynix. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 A4 2.0T Premium Plus Sedan are .00171 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an '09 A4 2.0T Prestige Sedan are .00171 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi desgnconcpts. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Premium Plus Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00171 and 55%.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Premium Plus Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00171 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00171 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tyler143. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Audi A4 2.0 Special Edition Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00274 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00274 and 49%.

This is AFS' standard lease program. Audi is no longer providing lease support on most '08 models. While that is bad news, at least it means that the $2,500 dealer cash that Audi is currently providing on this model can be used to negotiate a lower selling price for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • izzo2915izzo2915 Member Posts: 1
    has anyone leased a new audi a4 in the northern nj area?
    im 19 and will be paying for most, if not all, of my payment and have fallen IN LOVE with the 2009 a4. im trying to find a real good deal but dont intend on putting any money down and would be doing a 36 month lease. i wanted the 19" sport package but heard it had a long delay on it, so the only option i would be getting is the ipod interface thing

any info would be great
  • cbmtcbmt Member Posts: 1
    I got these quotes from two different chicagoland dealers.

First Quote:
    2009 audi a4 2.0t premium +
    MSRP $37,525
    36 months
    12,000 miles
    Cash Due at Signing $4,196
    $580.00 mo.

Second Quote:
    a4 2.0t premium +
    $37,550
    36 mo.
    12K mi
    Tax & Lic Due
    Res. 58%
    mf .00235
    $630.00 mo.

These seem really high. Any suggestions on appropriate pricing and/or negotiating?
  • mobilehavocmobilehavoc Member Posts: 3
    Residual varies by trim and is the most important piece of the lease puzzle. If a residual is high, you can lease a more expensive car for less..that's how it works.

I've had a 2009 A4 2.0TQ P+ with Nav for 2 weeks now. What I paid:

A4 2.0TQ Premium +
    $40,025
    36 mo.
    12K mi
    $2K downpayment to cover Tax/Lic/Fees/cap reduction
    I also got a 3% cap cost reduction as a discount
    Res was 57% I believe

Total came out to $614/mo. I added AudiCare and Wheel package which brought it up to around $650.

BTW...the $2k was my deposit for the pre-order since I ordered the car back in June so technically the day I did the deal I didn't spend a penny :)
This discussion has been closed.