Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Any Questions for a Dodge Truck Salesman?? - II

meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
edited March 2014 in Dodge
This topic is a continuation of Topic 486....

Any Questions for a Dodge Truck Salesman??.
Please continue these discussions here. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host

Comments

• dubes1dubes1 Member Posts: 7
    Can you tell me why the rear end locked up in my new truck? Not even a year old yet. I only have about 19,000 miles on my new Dodge Truck. My wife and I almost went through the windshield. Let the buyer beware of a problem that Dodge has and is trying to cover it up. I have a friend who also has a Dodge and is having the same problem. Ok Mr.Salesmen answer this one for your readers.
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    Someone posted in the Tundra vs. Big3 topic that a couple in TX sued and won millions from DC. The case stated that DC gave wrong info about the max towing capacity of the Ram causing an accident. What do you know of this story?
    It's been 24 hours to the minute and the salesmen hasn't answered my question. Must be chicken or maybe hiding in the sand somewhere.
    Maybe the "Germans" have him intimidated. You know how us...er... I mean those Germans are. All sunshine und chocolate one minute, den vie are no longer going to stand fur your imbecillic insubordanance. Das dumkauf salesman vill not be allowed to contaminate are glorious company with his idiocy. Heil Daimler Chrysler...
  • bookittybookitty Member Posts: 1,303
    The Dodge salesman that originally created this topic, moved to another area of employment about six months prior. Questions have been fielded by others to the best of their ability and experience. Before he abandoned the site, he set up the "questions for a Dodge tech" with a well based technician with the screen name "mastertech"
    and he too has been missing in action for some time. Again, questions have been addressed by well
    meaning and usually informed "pinch hitters."

Bookitty
    Ya! Address your questions to fraulien Bookkitten! Be careful vat you ask Amerikaners, Or you vill be MIA, also! Heil Daimler-Chysler!
    Mr. Wellbaum, your attempt at humor escapes me. I guess the thing that really frightens me is that you are rwellbaum2 which leads one to believe that there are two of you. However, I will try not to be too hard on you as I see that you reside on Travis, and perhaps one or both of your parents are USAF. I resigned my commission in 1956 having served as a pilot on the F-80, F-86, F-94, and F-89G during the Korean War and then on to serve as a command pilot on B-47's. I also did the MIA and POW thing. Not a great deal of fun. I tried to address querys regarding the fact that there has been no response to the topic but did not reckon with your level of immaturity. But, you will probably be a fine young man when you grow up. Let's hear from you then.

Bookitty
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    as I would've quit too if I were selling Dodges. Same with mastertech. Probably was too overworked and tired to post....just adding my valuable insight... ;)
    Thanks for the biography. Maybe you should change your handle to "Ace" or "War-vet". Sorry, but Bookitty sounded like a feminine name. BTW, exactly what is the relationship between making fun of the now German owned Dodge and your time in Korea?
    I have been noticing that every Dodge dealer I go by have moved there trucks from the front line to the back of the building line. WHATS UP WITH THAT?
    I guess the problem with Dodge is wide spread.
    There is no relationship or correlation inferred or intended. The point was that your response to my posting was a bit immature; in that the spirit and intent was to inform people that the topic had not been manned by a Dodge salesman for some time. The Korea stuff was strictly USAF chatter having discovered that you were at Travis, and assuming that someone in the family was Air Force. Your response this time was very mature and to the point.

Bookitty
    My intent in previous posts was to bring some levity and life to an otherwise dead/dying topic. Maturity isn't all it's cracked up to be. Sometimes letting yourself smile at something silly is alot more fun than being an ol' fuddy duddy. Yes, I'm still in the USAF, having served in the cold war, desert shield/desert storm and operation total force (still waiting for my medal from that one). I've spent 60-90 days a year, for the past 9 years, in the gulf, flying in support of Southern Watch.
    How things change...
    When I was on the "BUFF" our mission was low level, under the radar flying. We had no g-suits, just helmets. I found the H-model to be very easy to fly with the spoilerons vs ailerons.
    The funnest, most exciting flying for me has always been Hang gliding. Nothing beats flying formation with an eagle!
  • ebbgreatdaneebbgreatdane Member Posts: 278
    I was about to write a nasty gram to get this topic back on track but if you don't have anything nice to say...Good stories though.

Although I've never flown, I have been aquianted with many people from the USAF and always enjoy the conversation.

Although comparably small, my biggest thrill was laying on my stomach in tanker, watching an F-16 come out of nowhere to refuel. It was awesome!!! You could almost reach out and grab the pilot...of course that would mean I would have had to have punched through about 3/4 of an inch of safety glass braved any jet wash and probably get sucked into the huge air intake cowel of an F-16. Yuck.

Anyway, as my Uncle in Idaho tells me, "Fords leak, Chevy's have electrical problems and Dodges just plain fall apart." That leaves Toyota in my opinion but unfortunately for me and my Uncle, that Dodge is a fine looking beast. With the 2WD Quad Cab cheaper than the PreRunner, I'm looking for opinions on the Dodge. My '85 has done great for 15 years and 200k miles. Will the dodge?
    John, first off allow me to tell you that driving a Dodge Quad Cab is much better than getting sucked into the air intake of an F-16. My 2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab is my second Dodge truck, having owned a 1995 Dodge Dakota Club Cab with a V8 (5.2) and a 5 speed. My current Quad has the 4.7 V8 and a 5 speed. I like the combination, and I believe that Dodge is the only compact or mid size to offer that. Both have been 4X4 with 3.55 LSD. I was happy with my '95 and thrilled with the Quad. It is difficult to compare anything other than features, and/or how the truck suits one's needs. How long it will last is your guess or mine. My '95 had a 100K when I sold it to the guy from whom I purchased my boat. The only reason for selling it was that the company for whom I worked did not want us driving trucks (image crap) and leased a Ford Expedition for me, paying everything. Who was I to argue? Without a crystal ball we can only go with what we know about the trucks today. Good luck.

Bookitty
    Bill I posted in the owner's page this morning of a mixed driving trip to MD from PA and a computer generated and matching calculation of 18.2 mpg. This trip included some heavy supper time rush as well as a fender bender slowdown. I'm happy with the delivered mileage. I really love this truck. Now if I can just convince Mr. Wellbaum that I don't want to hang, or hang glide whichever occurs first.

Bookitty
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    This is a TRUCKS forum....

discussions on aviation are WAY off topic, and have been deleted.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
  • palmer14palmer14 Member Posts: 2
    Does the 24 valve Dodge get the same fuel mileage as the standard truck like the 98's. What is the 98's engine and what is to be expected from the 99 24 valve mileage wise?
  • palmer14palmer14 Member Posts: 2
    The 24 valve cumm. compared to the 12 valve stacks up how fuel mileage wise? Will the 24 valve get less mileage than the 12 valve cumm. I a'm looking at a 24 valve, the owner said 14 miles to the gallon,this truck has 14K on it, is this standard for the 24 valve dodge. For the best mileage should I get the 12 valve? This truck is a 99 2500.
  • shantyshanty Member Posts: 3
    if your company didn't want you driving trucks around (for image) why did they get you an expedition. it doesn't make sense.

24 valve cummins should be more fuel efficient as well as more powerful. the 14 mpg must be while towing. i get around 19 mpg with a 92 cummins. the worst i was able to log was 11 and that was while towing a 32' tri-axle trailer (fully loaded with cattle) through hilly country
    That's what image is all about; not making sense. I hauled around one of our executives one day after getting a call (cell) and turned around half way to Maryland to go up to Newark Airport and pick up he and the president of the company. The president sat in the front seat, and the other
    guy had to sit in the rear of the club cab. The next week, the directive was issued. I continued to drive my truck until it was paid off, and then I insisted that I be given a 4WD or I would stay home like everybody else did in the company when it snowed. That's when I had them lease the Expedition with the 5.4 and two A/C units. The revenge came into play with the fuel costs. If that took place now, they would have to issue stock to pay my gasoline costs. Executive gone now, I'm retired and the "embargo" has been lifted. We have some guys with Super Crews now. Thus ends the saga.

Bookitty
  • 88338833 Member Posts: 1
    I leased a 99 ram quad cab sport 4+4 in June of 1999. I have put on too many miles, and would like to trade it in. Any suggestions on how to get out of a lease early and would it be wise to go from gas to diesel? I also have pinging,rough idling, and sometimes, a lack of acceleration at hyway speeds. On an old chat someone said that they had problems with the torque converter. I think this is what is happening to me, but it also feels like the truck is starving. Also I have to say that Dodge/Chrysler customer service complaint department sucks and is totally not willing to help the customers. Do they forget that we are the people who allow them to pick up a paycheck? Absolutely disgusting, no wonder Chrysler is huge financial despair!
  • smith417smith417 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Dakota, V6, auto with 12500 miles. 80% of those miles are highway (I drive 50 mi. each day to and from work). I've changed the oil and oil filter every 3000 mi. I use regular unleaded and the same gas-EXXON. I've noticed the valves have started to rattle in drive and overdrive gears when accelerating. Is this cause for alarm or is it a characteristic of the 3.9 like the rough idle which I have also?
  • drew_bdrew_b Member Posts: 2
    looking for hard cover for ST. Ordered on 10-2, called dealer to add cover on 10-12. he said it went in, then following monday informed of no cover, order already processed. rcvd ST on 10-27.
    dealer would like me to order from parts ($1100+), no way. Would like to get ford cover if possible, if no after market available.

any help would be nice.

PS Hard cover,leather and moonroof not ordered.

Thanks
  • jimtjimt Member Posts: 56
    Concerning Dakota reliability, I own a 92 Dakota Club-cab, v-6, auto, 3.55 limited slip, tow and handling pkg., HD service group. Have 192,000 miles with no majpr repairs. Replaced waterpump and about 10,000 miles ago replaced timing chain and gears because they were getting a little noisy. Rear dif. whines, but it really has always done so. This is first Dodge and I am 50YO and this has been most reliable vehicle I have owned. This is the longest I have ever kept a vehicle. I am ordering a new Quad-cab on Friday. I have posted same on Quad-cab forum. Dakotas in my opinion are a satisfying and reliable vehicle.
  • bigmellonbigmellon Member Posts: 3
    I purchased an ARE fiberglass toneau cover for my Sport Trac and I LOVE IT!! There were a few things i liked better about the aftermarket top:

1)Easier to get ahold of. Three weeks after I ordered it, I had it in place on the truck.
    2)the paint is body color matched to perfectly fit the vehicle.
    3) The sides curl down over the bedraila and tailgate to help prevent water ingress into the bed. They are also lined with rubber. The Ford toneau depends on a rubber seal on the top to prevent leakage, which over time may fail.
    4)The bed extender still fits
    5)Gas shocks to help lift the fiberglass top and a lock to prevent theft from the bed.
    6)No drilling, they have special brackets to attach to the bed. You can remove it in 15 min!

Cost is about $800

Check out the ARE website at: http://www.4are.com/

I have pictures as well if you would like!
  • ldh2ldh2 Member Posts: 10
    whats the difference between the ho cummins and the regular cummins inturnaly?
  • pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    is no longer with us, we're going to move this discussion. Please continue this discussion in Pickups Topic: Questions about Dodge Trucks. (Continued). Thanks for your participation. ;-)

Pocahontas,
    Edmunds.com/Host
This discussion has been closed.