Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• hi car_man,

can you please post the numbers for november when you have them? i am looking at a 36 month lease, 10,000 miles for a a4 2.0t prestige. if the numbers are different for a 24 month lease (everything else the same), can you post those, too? thanks!!
  • I'm looking for November buy rate and residual for A4 Avant w/prestige pkg., 36 months 15, 000 mile lease.

I'm being quoted inflated numbers, I believe: mf .00229 and residual at 50%

Any ammunition would be appreciated!
  • Car Man:
    I am about to purchase an 09 A4 Premium Plus
    the offer is $1,778.24 in startups and $548.47 / month including florida sales tax 6.5%. I believe the startups include an acquisition fee of 595, dealer fee of $389 the first payment of $548, $185 plates and $8.50 battery/ tire fee.
    I don't care about Nav, but I need a decent stero,the premium model is not very good. Hoping the symphony is better.

Is this a good deal? I want a good deal, but don't want to beat the dealer up too much, as they are friends and clients.

Thanks
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    The 6 CD symphony is better than the concert. Most A4 premiums are required to get the 6 CD symphony from the factory right now on the order guides, and not a lot of A4 have just the base single CD concert.

One plus of gettting the nav system is there is an extra subwoofer control in the MMI. The radio definately sounds richer and more full when you have the nav system.
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    Awaiting Nov or Dec lease promotions on either the A4, TL or ES as October sales were almost 30% down. Have received approximate numbers for three individual dealers, but have not sat down and negotiated the final numbers. Have ample time and patience. Just want to make the best decision as I will have to live with this vehicle for three years. Any information you with to share with me directly on the reason for going with the ES 350 is appreciated.
  • ferkyferky Posts: 20
    I don't know what the November MF and residuals are for the '09 A4, so I can't crunch my own numbers, but I was just offered this deal and think that it sounds pretty good:

'09 A4 2.0T Quattro
    Premium plus
    Nav
    12,000 miles per year
    42 mo. lease
    $40,500 MSRP
    $36,877 sale price ($800 under Edmunds' calculated invoice)
    $1,426 due at signing
    --------------- $530/mo., which includes PA's 9% tax

Thoughts?
  • With the numbers you stated and assuming the PA state tax is calculated on the monthly payment vs the sale price like in Illinois you can do better. They are playing the the numbers someplace. I would look more in the $470 to $500 range.

However that's using last months money factor and residual. I've heard those numbers didn't move in a favorable direction in November.

The calculator at this website Lease Guide is good as is the one here on Edmunds and both get right in that range. I used them myself to negotiate my lease and I think I got a rather good deal.
  • Hi vmichael. Here is the information that you are looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Prestige Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00171 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are .00171 and 68%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • The deal in Penn looks like a great one.
    can anyone tell me what I should be leasing an 09 premium plus without Navigation for? Thanks
  • Hi trinityklm. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Avant Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 50%, respectively. As you can see, the money factor that you were quoted is a little higher than the buy rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • Have the new lease rates improved for an A4 premium 12K/36M?
    What kind of difference is it from last month?
  • vkjvkj Posts: 67
    Thanks carman, for that information. that seems like a huge improvement over last month. Any chance this is the numbers only for the premium? last month there was a 5 point difference between the premium and prestige with prestige being lower. last month premium was 60 at 10k and prestige was 55 at 10k. the mf was the same
  • Hi marcovich. The best way to evaluate this deal is to take a look at this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP or dealer invoice price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing what this number is, it is difficult to tell how much room there is to negotiate. If you let us know what the selling price is I am sure that either myself or another community member will be happy to tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • thanks car_man! i'm going to lease my car next saturday, november 15th; i noticed that the current lease "specials" on audi's website say that they're good until november 11th- does this mean the numbers you quoted will change on that day, too?
  • Hi car_man,

Looking for the MF and residuals for 10kmiles/year for 36 months on the 2009 Audi A4 2.0 Premium. Thanks!
  • Hi josulli. Audi recently extended its October programs through November 11th. It is difficult to say what its new program will be like after that.

Car_man
    Host
  • Excellent catch, vkj. I apologize, I mixed up the Premium and the Prestige. The money factor is the same for both, but the 36 month, 10k residual for the Prestige is lower at 55%. This lease program is exactly the same as the one that Audi ran last month. It extended its October program through November 11th. Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
  • No problem, vmichael. Yep, Audi extended its October lease program through November 11th. Unless it extends it again, which it has done in the recent past, Audi will introduce its "new" November program on the 12th. It is difficult to say what that will be like at this point. If you are comfortable with the current program, finalize your deal now. If you want to roll the dice on the new program, wait until the 12th.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings twodomes. Through November 11th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0 Premium Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00171 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    thanks carman. now it all makes sense
  • jmhjpjmhjp Posts: 10
    Let me tell you about this lease for a 2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Package 36 months and 10k miles per year

MSRP:$35,005

Money down:$3940 Includes taxes, tag, title and 1 payment.

Montly payment= $409

Do you guys think that this is a good deal? or maybe I can negotiate a better deal.I really want to have 12k miles per year at least.

Thank you !!!!
  • webbawebba Posts: 15
    $800 under invoice is a good deal.
    Can you tell us which dealer offered you this deal?
  • webbawebba Posts: 15
    I am looking for the MF and residuals for 12k miles/year for 36 months on the 2009 Audi A4 2.0 Premium Plus.

Thank you!
  • ferkyferky Posts: 20
    Don Rosen Porsche/Audi, Conshohocken, PA
    ferky, it is a good but you might have almost the same payment at 36 months. you have them check both. 36 mf is a little lower.
  • I would appreciate any thoughts on the following: I am looking at an A4 lease on the base model, w/ just heated seats, audi symphony, and one other minor option for $520/mo, with $2K down. BMW is $499/mo. with $1,400 down. Both leases are for 3 yr, 15K miles. The BMW lease is essentially maintenance free as it covers everything (oil changes, etc) except tire work, balancing, etc while the Audi does not cover regular maintenance. I have never owned either car and I know the maintenance can be expensive. I am curious about everyone's opinion if the maintenance free aspect of the BMW would be reason enough alone to consider the BMW, assuming you like both cars the same.

Thanks
  • jescuejescue Posts: 521
    you can have Audi Care added to your lease to include the maintenance. It raises the residual and should only add about $10 to your payment- well worth it.
    south3,

where are you located? and what is the agreed upon sales price for the audi. many have been paying just above or just below invoice recently depending on the part of the country. you might have a little room to negotiate the price based on the numbers you suggested and this will get your down payment cut substantially. and it does make sense to roll in the audi care if you want to compare apples to apples.
  • Car_man; I recently looked at an '08 Audi S4 cabriolet, but here is what the dealer is telling me:

I am willing to sell you the car for $53,385 and it has an MSRP of $64,225. The residual is 46% and the money factor is .00300. These are all set by US Bank, which has the cheapest leasing rates for this car. With all these factors your monthly payment would be $975 including tax.

Do these numbers seem right to you? I knew the residual would be lower since it's an '08 and they're not making the S4 in '09. But is that money factor right? $975 seems crazy . . .
    SDSEAGLES,

don't know what part of the county you are in but there are 2009 s4 being sold. they have the 4.2 v8 and not the superchared 3.0 that will be on the 2010. i got the following afs rates from lease compare for 2009 models:

2009 Audi S4 6-Speed Cabriolet
    24 Month – Residual 62% of MSRP – .00304 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00304 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00324 Base Rate

2009 Audi S4 Tiptronic Cabriolet
    24 Month – Residual 62% of MSRP – .00304 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 54% of MSRP – .00304 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 43% of MSRP – .00324 Base Rate

your cap cost will be higher for 2009 but so will your residual.
This discussion has been closed.