Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the information that you're looking for, max_anderson. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Avant Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00202 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi MrShade. The best way to evaluate this deal is to look at this car's selling price in relation to either its MSRP or its dealer invoice price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers will show you just how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello carrera993. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Prestige Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Rick. The answer to your question is yes and no. Let me explain. Technically one could lease a 2008 A4 right now if they really wanted to. However, the lease program on leftover A4s is bad enough that I doubt anyone would want to. For example, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual for a 36 month lease of an '08 A4 2.0T Sedan SE with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00308 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • nalenale Member Posts: 12
    Hi all,
    I pulled the trigger on the 2009 Audi 2.0T Premium Plus on Saturday and it has been a comedy of errors ever since. I recommend NOT using Don Rosen Audi in Wynnewood, PA (Philadelphia area). The dealership is only months old and the salespeople are pretty inept.

First I was not told about the $650 Audi care that was on top of the negotiated selling price.
    Then I find out that my car is on some holding lot in Rhode Island and I can't take delivery for a week when I had cancelled a flight and made plans to drive instead for a vacation.
    I ended up getting a silver car instead of black because I couldn't wait the extra days.
    Then, when the salesperson came to pick me up (granted that was nice) I find out that my car is not going to be ready tonight and we are just going to fill out paperwork and he wants me to go back to the dealership tomorrow to pick up the car. He did not think to inform me of this in advance which is completely unacceptable.
    In the end, we did paperwork tonight and he is driving my car to me tomorrow but I still feel pretty shafted given that I agreed to a very fair price and money factor.
  • KevfarKevfar Member Posts: 4
    I was wondering what the current money factor and residual were for a 2009 A4 2.0T Premium Plus for a 36 mo lease at 15k miles per year?
    Also what is the difference with the 18" sports package on this car, same mileage and term?
    Thanks!
    P.S. Is Audi paying first months payment and no security deposit for all A4 models, including the premium plus?
    I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant dealer experience, nale. Thanks for taking the time to warn everyone. If you'd like, you can share your thoughts on this dealer with an even larger audience by hopping on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com.

Enjoy your new A4. It's a great car, don't let this dealer ruin it for you :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Kevfar. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 2.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00169 and 53%, respectively. The addition of the 18" package does not have any impact upon the above numbers.

Yes, Audi is waiving the first month's payment and security deposit on all Audi Financial Services leases of 2009 A4 models this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the info. I wanted to get your take on the following deal:

2009 A4 premium plus 2.0T
    MSRP $57,525
    Cap Cost $55,095
    Residual $19,888.25
    Miles 15k per year
    36 mo lease
    Money factor 0.00169
    $2,000 out of pocket
    Monthly before tax $455

Let me know what you think, thanks.
  • audia409audia409 Member Posts: 3
    Hey,

I just leased a Premium A4 09

I pay 440 a month Plus audi care= 456

I put no money down, but paid Taxes and fees up front.

I also got heated seats, in dash 6 cd changer, bluetooth, woodgrain, and garage door opener.

Also i got 15k a year as well.
  • MrShadeMrShade Member Posts: 5
    Dealer just called me and ran these figures by me. Still didn't get money factor even mentioned.

MSRP List $38,000
    selling for $35,910

36 months sign & drive at $562.57 per month.

I still don't like it. Opinions?

Rick
    Not sure if the payment includes taxes, most likely not. But the numbers look correct considering a money factor of 0.00169 for the 36 mo lease and a 55% residual value.
    There is also about $350 or so of extra fees probably in there somewhere. If nothing out of pocket, probably title and registration. You'll probably need to find the exact cap cost including any additional fees, and the residual value they're using.
  • carrera993carrera993 Member Posts: 26
    "2009 A4 premium plus 2.0T
    MSRP $57,525
    Cap Cost $55,095"

Do you mean $37,525 and $35,095"?
    Is $500 the std lease acquisition fee for Audi Financial? This is in some of the offers I've received, and wanted to make sure it was legit and non-negotiable.
    Yes, thanks. I guess I was getting a bit ahead of myself or that is the worst deal of all time.
  • jfinsurejfinsure Member Posts: 7
    My 550i lease just expired and I wanted to downsize the car but not the features. The A4 2.0 with Prestige seemed like just the answer. Here are my lease details. The payment may seem a bit high but it's for 18,000 miles per year. If you subtract the .15 that Audi charges to prepay for extra miles you can subtract $75 from the monthly pre tax payment to see the cost on the same lease with 12,000 miles per year. I just took delivery of my new A4 today and love it already. I have never heard a better car stereo than the B&O system that comes with the Prestige package. I was also used to keyless go so this option is now a must have for me. Finally, the side alert is a great feature and my mirrors alert me if I signal to turn lanes and there is a car in my blind spot.

Here are the details:
    2009 A4 2.0T - Meteor Grey with Black Leather
    Prestige Package
    Navigation Package
    Sticker Price - $43,800
    Negotiated Price - $39,300 (I think I did well here as I went to 4 dealerships to get this price)
    36 months, 18,000 miles per year
    Money Factor - .0019 (4.56% - not sure if this was great)
    Scheduled Maint contract - $650
    Lease Wear and Tear $702 (Some may debate this but I had it on my BMW and it saved me from paying $1650 when I returned the car)
    Drive off - $3,000
    Audi makes the 1st payment so I have 35 left
    Payment $615 per month + tax ($667.93 total)
    (Equivelant 12,000 mile lease was $540+tax for a $43,800 MSRP car)
    :D
    Did I get a good deal or did the dealer get me?
    You're very welcome, Kevfar. The money factor that you were quoted looks great. It's right in line with Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for this model.

I had the same reaction to your post that carrera993 had, "How on Earth did you load up an A4 to get its MSRP all the way to $57,000?"

The dealer invoice price of the car that you are interested in is $34,911. A selling price of only $35,095 is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new A4, audia409. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. If you haven't already, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your cool new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hey carrera993. The last time that I checked, Audi Financial Services' base lease acquisition fee was $625. Dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge, but lessees can have it added into their vehicles' capitalized costs to avoid having to pay it at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
  • jamby1jamby1 Member Posts: 9
    Your negotiated price is $1445 below invoice (per Edmunds). I live in central NJ and priced a 3.2 A4 with prestige and sports packages and the best offer I can find is $500 over invoice. How in the world did you get the dealer to agree on a price below invoice?
  • bobrob1bobrob1 Member Posts: 11
    Carman,

Thnaks for reply i decided to go to another dealer beacause your right that was to much money to put down. was able to get a 09 A4 S-LINE PRESTIGE PACK 2.0

3000 OUT OF POCKET CAR MSRP WAS 43,750 SOLD TO ME AT 40,500
    36 MONTHS
    600 A MONTH INCLUDES TAXES.
    THE S-LINE MADE THE CARE RIS HIGHER BUT WELL WORTH IT

I DID GET LOYALTY DISCOUNT TO.
    THANKS AGAIN.
  • atlcar18atlcar18 Member Posts: 5
    I have been reading the posts and see that many of you have received $1500 audi loyalty money. i currently lease a 2005 a4 and looking to get into the 2009 a4. the dealer i asked said there is no loyalty program. where do i get more information about this $1500??
    thanks!
    can you tell me more about the $1500 rebate? i am a current audi owner and my dealer seems to say there is no such loyalty program. really appreciate your help!!
    Car Man, how did I do on the lease above?

Thanks,

JFINSURE
  • NA_MomNA_Mom Member Posts: 6
    Car Man,

I live in Columbus, Ohio. Could you please help me find the money factor and residual % for the 2009 A4 2.0T AWD Premium Package for both a 36 month lease and a 42 month lease, each with 15K miles? (The 42 mos lease was advertised to us recently in an e-mail which is why I selected that term as well.)

Also, I noticed that someone else stated that miles could be purchased up front from Audi for $0.15/mile. How does that work? The only mileage figures I have seen are for $0.25/mile once driven past the per year cap.

Thanks for your help!

NA_Mom
    For what it's worth, the best I'd done so far on a 2.0T Prestige is $1000 under invoice. That was from a starting point of a few hundred over invoice. Northern Calif.
    Carrera, I got over $1500 off invoice at Stevens Creek Audi on a 2.0 prestige this week. Talk to Romy, he's the sales manager and will work with you directly. Tell him you want a deal like he gave Josh.
    thanks for the note. were you close to your lease turn in to get the $1500? the atlanta dealership told me that i needed to have my lease end by 1/5/09 to get the $1500. and my lease ends march 2009.
    I didn't even have an audi. 2 dealerships offered me similar deals. I think they used conquest coupons or something. My MSRP was 43,800 and the sale price was 39,300.
  • bobrob1bobrob1 Member Posts: 11
    Atlar18

If you leased an Audi and your mature date to turn in is between Dec 1st to January 1st you would qualify for the$1500 loyalty. Sometimes the dealer can get it for you.Does'nt hurt to ask since you are an Audi owner.Good luck
    Thanks...San Jose is a bit far for me, though. Who else did you get something in that range from?
  • jd25jd25 Member Posts: 43
    Hi Car_Man,

What are the December buy rate lease money factor and residual for 2009 A4 quattro Premium Plus with S Line and metallic paint for 10K, 12K and 15K miles/yr?

Thanks!
  • dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    While I know putting money down is a no no and a lease, this is the end game deal I got.

2009 A4 2.0T Prem Plus, Met Grey Sedan
    Nav
    Audi care
    12k / 36 months
    1st month payment made
    2k down total
    483.00 a month

Dil
    Hi Car_Man,

Forgot to mention in my previous message, I'm looking for a 36 month lease.

Thanks!
    Hi,

When I lease an Audi do I have to take my car for scheduled maintenance or Audi care services to the same dealer from whom I have leased the car?

Thanks!
    Hi Car_Man,

Do I get a better money factor or residual if I get the Audi Care as part of the lease?

Thanks!
    In case Car Man doesn't see this question, based on my research and shopping, getting Audi Care adds 1% to the residual. No change to the money factor...which currently is .00169 for Tier 1. So if you lease, Audi Care goes from $650 cost to ~$250 assuming the car is $40k.
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    you can take it to any dealer you'd like for service. and yes, audicare increases the residual by 1%, effectively lowering the cost by about $100 per $10K of the car's MSRP, as the above poster noted for a $40K car.
  • stumc1stumc1 Member Posts: 34
    Can anybody tell me what I can expect monthly for the following lease scenario?

2009 A4 Premier Plus
    18K Miles Per Year
    36 Month Lease
    No Money Down...

Thanks!
  • 09_Audi_Fan09_Audi_Fan Member Posts: 17
    With no options besides Premium Plus, I'd guess less than $500/month after tax and Audi pays the 1st month. My 09 A4 is Premium Plus + Navigation (10K miles, 36 months), and I pay $476/month.
    stumc1 - if your $476 including tax? do you know what your Residual and money factor as well as the final price you negotiated the car for? thanks for your help!!
    Yes, the $476 includes tax. The residual and money factor were the standard rates:
    57% (53% Premium Plus + 3% 10K miles + 1% AudiCare).
    December money factor was 0.00169.
    Price was about $35K which was $5K below MSRP or $2,100 below Edmund's invoice price. Audi paid for 1st month.
    This was a couple of weeks ago, so I'd imagine by now you could get a better deal since the economy has only gotten worse.
  • stumc1stumc1 Member Posts: 34
    Thanks man, that's a great deal you got! Where are you located?
  • jbond3jbond3 Member Posts: 7
    Did you pay anything on top of $2100 off the invoice? Processing fees, advertising fees? Or was it just tax, tags and title? Thanks.
    I'm in northern CA. I didn't pay a processing or advertising fee. I only paid TTL and AudiCare.
  • nycangelonycangelo Member Posts: 18
    $2100 off the invoice price? did i read this correctly?
  • jbond3jbond3 Member Posts: 7
    Did you turn in a lease on a 2007 Audi to qualify for loyalty money? Or was it a demo? If not then this price is low enough for many people to be incredulous.
    This is my first Audi. It's brand new and not a demo.
    I'm surprised everyone else paid so much for their car. Other manufacturers like Mercedes, BMW, and Infiniti are selling their cars for much less under invoice than Audi, so an Audi is not the best value. But after test driving several cars I liked the exterior and interior design of the A4 the best.
  • NA_MomNA_Mom Member Posts: 6
    Dear Car_Man and others:

Please give feedback:

I have been reading the forum where many of you are saying you got up to $1000 below invoice. Here's what the dealer is quoting me:

MSRP: $35,930 (inclu $625 destination charge)
    Selling price: $34,144.53
    Term:36
    Miles:15K/yr
    Residual:55%
    Gov fees:$75.50
    DOC fee:$250
    Money factor:.00169
    Taxes: $1251.27
    (It appears to also include a $575 acquisition fee)

Monthly payment: $526.04 ($around $499 before taxes)

He says that I am receiving 2 $500 coupon rebates from Audi and $526.04 credit because of Audi covering the first month's lease payment. It seems to me that this $1000 should be taken off the capitalized cost and that the payment should be more around $470 ($500 with taxes) according to Car_Man's excel spreadsheet.

He says he can't take the capital cost below $34,144 because it already takes into account the rebate that Audi is contributing. Shouldn't the cap cost be $33,144?

NA_Mom (Ohio)
    That dealer sounds dishonest. I wouldn't sign the lease. I agree with you that the cap cost should be $33,144. The MSRP on my 09 A4 was $40K and selling price was $35K and my payments are less than $500/month. Your payments look too high.
    Did you ask the dealer: Can you quote me a price? OR Can you beat this price ($2K under invoice)? I suggest asking the latter, b/c it's more effective. Tell the dealer what you want. Don't let him push you around.
This discussion has been closed.