Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• mkfxmkfx Member Posts: 26
    yes she remembered you.

I haven't closed the deal yet,

either ibis/black or deep sea blue/gray

thanks
    Matt
  • audihelppaudihelpp Member Posts: 15
    hey mkfx..I cant believe you got the same deal. I am calling up tomorrow! Did you get 12k miles or 10k miles? I am curious to know if it is a huge difference in price because I need the 12k miles.
    I didn't asked for 10k, I think the residual drops 1% for 12k, so the monthly payment will be slightly higher
  • audia4ppnonavaudia4ppnonav Member Posts: 14
    hey Matt - both great colors - i was thining about that bue last month they only had white/begie, and black/black

all the best!
  • ponusponus Member Posts: 7
    After seeing a post on the "Buying experiences and prices paid forum" I called Jack Daniels Audi in Fair Lawn NJ. Without any negotiation I got the following deal for a Black/Black Quattro Auto 2.0, w/ prem plus. 12k miles and 36 months

MSRP 37895
    Price 33779+750 for audi care= 34529
    MF .00071
    Resid 52%

No CC reduction, taxes paid upfront as well as the std fees

Monthly $450
    Without Audi Care it would have been $439.

This is far less than any other NJ and NY dealers that I went to. And that was after negotiating and dealing with their Shenanigans (What do I have to do to put you in this car today?)

When calling I did mention that I saw online that they had great prices and he gave me this quote. Also, they had what I wanted in stock, he said if they did not it would have been a bit more expensive.

Thanks for everyone's help!
    how much did you pay upfront?
    Mkfx..what is the residual for premium plus? I have never leased a car and have no idea what they mean by "residual"? Did you ask for audi care?
    residual is what the car is worth after the lease term expires.. The higher the residual the lower your monthly payments.
    the PP is running about 50% of MSRP right now, give or take a percentage point for miles and options such as sport package etc.

I did not ask for Audi care, that is a $750 option, I have heard that some buyers are getting it thrown in lately, but still I only drive approx 8000 miles a year, so in 36 months i would only need approx 3 services so I really didn't care, if i was buying the car I would certainly pay for it, but on a lease it may not be advantageous to do so
    thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. When you called her how much did she say has to be paid upfront? I just called her a few minutes ago but she was on the phone. I hope she calls me soon! I am going crazy over here! I have wanted this car ever since the day it came out.
    it was around $2800 with tax, first, bank fee acq fee etc..

let her know I sent you.
    what is your name? Should I ask her what the MF is and residual? I never know what to say when I call these people.
    you should ask, the MSRP
    the cap cost(selling price)
    the residual
    the Money factor
    all your up front fees

just tell her Matt referred you from edmunds.com, she will know exactly who I am
    Thank you so much! Your awesome. I called her at 11:30 this morning..still no response. I hope its not because I am a girl. Did she take long to call you back?
    is this your first lease

it took a while for her to respond to me too, her voice mail said she had just come back from vacation so she seemed pretty behind...

I wish there was a way for you to contact me of this board, I could give you some more insite but I'm not into putting my name and email on the web for all to see
    She called and left a voicemail. Unfortunately, I couldn't answer because I am at work. My mail is Vsabia84..the address is at aol. Write to me that way.
    I can tell you exactly on Friday after I pick it up, but its around 2800-2900 I think. taxes, fees, and first month. No Cap Cost Reduction.
    what do you mean by no cap cost reduction? I just called the nyack dealership. This was the quote i received.

MSRP: 37,525
    Selling Price: 34,155
    Residual: 51% 19,137
    MF: .00071
    Upfront fee: 2,731
    Monthly Payment: $455

She said she could probably bring it down to the $440's but thats if i picked a color they had in stock. She doesnt have a white one with black interior in stock. The only ones with black interior have navigation which means it will cost more since they don't have it. What should I do in a case like this??
    Cap Cost reduction means putting down more money upfront in order to reduce your monthly payments. So in your case the selling price is $34155, if you put $2000 down to reduce the cap cost then they would base your lease off of 32155 and therefore reduce your monthly payment. It doesn't look like you are doing this and I would not suggest it. If the car is totaled or stolen you end up being out that money.

I'm not sure where you live, but if you want to try to get a little lower price, you could call Jack Daniels in Fair Lawn NJ. If they have your model you can probably do better. If not, my guess is it will probably be about the same
  • discostu9486discostu9486 Member Posts: 2
    Hey dbarton,

I am looking for a cab. quattro 2.0 lease as well, where did you get this deal?

Did you get additional incentives for cap cost reduction?
    Can you kindly give me a breakup of your total amount due at signing?

Thank you,
    discostu
  • marcr92marcr92 Member Posts: 10
    I was quoted yesterday on the premium plus with nav and maintenance, taxes in the payment, bank and security title and all that stuff upfront, nothing down, for around $515. The guy said he could get it down to $500, but I think he can go further, I mean this was just talking to him, not even dealing. However, I won't be doing this until June, but he told me that Audi will probably want to get rid of their 2009 vehicles around then, and the deal should be better. It's looking good
  • discostu9486discostu9486 Member Posts: 2
    The convertible doesn't come with premium plus option(i think), you sure you are not mixing this up with the sedan? Which dealership did you get this deal from?

I went to classic audi in eastchester and they gave me around $620 a month with taxes and about $1500 total cost upfront, for navi with special edition package.

This seemed pretty high to me,

I am looking for
    FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER, AUDI NAVIGATION PLUS W/GLOVE BOX 6-CD CHANGER SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGE

MSRP: $45,775
    Selling Price: ----

money factor: .00005
    12k miles
    residual with audi care: 53%

anybody else have recent leasing experiences with the audi 2.0 quattro cabriolet? Which dealerships in the tri-state areas are giving the most aggressive deals?
  • paulo6paulo6 Member Posts: 94
    Carman,

Do you have numbers for the following:
    2009 A4 Avant 2.0T Prestige
    MSRP: $46,425
    I am being quoted for 18,000 miles/year the following:
    MF: .00143 (seems awefully high and not sure if 18K miles have to do with it??)
    Risidual: $19541 (42%)
    Selling price: $43562
    Since there is not much data out there on Avant, I need your help!
  • backroadbackroad Member Posts: 12
    What is an accurate source for Audi Financial Services' Buy Rate Lease Money Factor?

I have found sources only for 15K mi/year.

Thanks!
  • gogiants09gogiants09 Member Posts: 14
    AWD A4 2.0 w/Premium Package (Not Plus)
    Quartz Grey / Black Leather with:
    -Heated Seats
    -Walnut Wood Trim
    -iPod Interface
    -Bluetooth
    -Homelink Garage Door Opener.

$501.23 First months payment
    525.00 Refundable Security Deposit
    252.45 Estimated total DMV, NY Inspect, Prep & Document Fees
    ______
    $1278.68

Taxes are rolled into payment and I have 8% sales tax. I think it looks okay, but I am just trying to do the numbers. Res is 52%, MF is .00091, MSRP for the vehicle is 36190. When I take out the taxes, I am calculating that the price of the vehicle would be about 33,800 which is $100 over invoice. Should I/Could I be getting a better deal?
  • bfellerbfeller Member Posts: 4
    JUST LEASED AN A4 CAB SPEC EDITION PKG/ NO NAV. NO MONEY DOWN EXCEPT FIRST MONTHS PAYMENT, SECURITYDEP, ACQ FEE. TOTAL $1500.00 12K MI YEAR, AUDI CARE INCL.555.00 PERMONTH
    AUDI WILLOW GROVE PA. I DID RECEIVE 1K LOYALTY INCETIVE.

YOUR QUOTE IS ABOUT $35.00 PER MONTH TOO HIGH.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • bfellerbfeller Member Posts: 4
    RULE OF THUMB FOR LEASING MOST AUDI VEHICLES
    FIRST MOTHS PAYMENT , SEC DEPOSIT , ACQUISITON FEE , TAGS
    FOR 15K MILES 36 MONTH LEASE
    TAKE MSRP AND MULTIPLY 15.00 PER THOUSAND JUST AN AVERAGE DEAL 14.00 PER THOUSAND DECENT DEAL
    13.00 PER THOUSAND SIGN AND SMILE.

EXAMPLE MSRP $40,000.00 =520.00 PER MONTH INCL TAX
  • sugarbellysugarbelly Member Posts: 29
    good stuff,- but please check your caps-lock key. :shades:
  • hurls65hurls65 Member Posts: 6
    Looking at an Avant Premium Package (not plus) with a few options

36 month, 12k miles per year.

Anyone have info on what the current money factor and residual would be on this car? Assuming premium tier credit until someone at Audi tells me otherwise ;)

Thanks
  • gnosis8gnosis8 Member Posts: 9
    $33,050 MSRP for 2009 A4 Quattro Tiptronic
    + 4,000 Premium Plus
    + 475 Meteor Gray pearl effect
    + 1,450 Sports Package
    + 225 All Weather Mats & Trunk Liner
    + 80 Wheel locks
    = $40,105 package MSRP
    + 300 Tinted windows, ordered after selling price agreed, then added onto terms.
    = $40, 405 with tint, final package MSRP

$38,451.85 selling price

39 (not 36) month lease, 12k/year, $2500 down at signing (left me with just under $500 to "buy down" monthly payment after fees, taxes, tags, etc.)

I don't remember the MF, but I think it was .0009 or whatever is about 2.5%

477.09 Cap Cost Red
    42.94 taxes on CCR
    600 Refundable security deposit.
    625 acquisition fee
    100 doc fee
    56.25 acq tax

$38,451.85 selling price
    + 75 initial license, title, registration fees
    + 740 AUDI CARE
    = $39,266.85 gross cap cost
    - 477.09 Cap Cost Red
    = $38,789.76 adjusted Cap Cost
    - $20,052.50 residual
    = 18,737.26 depreciation
    + $2,685.05 rent charge
    = $21,422.31 Total of Base Monthly Payments

39 Lease Payments, not 36.

$549.29 Base Monthly before sales tax
    + $49.44 monthly sales tax
    = $598.73 Monthly incl. sales tax
    Also, FYI : Pennsylvania leasing tax is 3% + 6% state sales tax = 9% tax on car leases :(
  • sgdgolf1sgdgolf1 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Car_Man could you please post the lease rates and residuals for May 2009 for an A4 2.0 quattro premium?

Thanks.
  • sgdgolf1sgdgolf1 Member Posts: 4
    Oops, forgot to say I am looking for a 36 months 15K lease.

Thanks.
  • art234art234 Member Posts: 99
    From reading another board, I have heard that the incentives are gone (loyalty and conquest), and lease rates have become more unfavorable for this month--lower residuals and higher rates.

Having been a leasing manager in another life (out 10 years), lower residuals make perfect sense as the model year comes to an end. I guess they moved enough inventory last month to be comfortable with what's left until the 2010's come in beginning in July.

It will be interesting to see what happens then, but for your sake I hope the information I read is not correct.

Good luck!
  • jdiehnjdiehn Member Posts: 1
    And what board is that?
  • babsreibabsrei Member Posts: 1
    the may rates seem to be bad. I went to Jack Daniels and the people who work there are idiots. The kid I dealt with was only at Audi for a month so he can't tell me anything. The manager came out and tired to sell me a car when I was just trying to get info, which was an unsuccessful process in the first place.. I will never go back there again. They were extremely overwhelming yet didnt want to give me any accurate info...i'm not sure where to go from here......I'm sorry I missed the April deals but I guess that's what happens when you wait.....
  • shaw6shaw6 Member Posts: 2
    Hi

Can someone please tell me if the following deal I am getting is good or bad?

2009 A4 2.0T Quattro Sedan w/ Prem Plus & Navigation Pkg

Selling price = 38,857 (includes a bank fee of 575)
    Term = 36 months
    Miles = 10K/year
    Residual = 51%
    MF = 0.001960
    Down Payment = 2,000
    Monthly Pmt = 562.78 (before tax)

Would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks
    Is that the new Money Factor now? It equals 4.56%, not the best rate by any means.
  • dht34dht34 Member Posts: 7
    Compare that to March and April's MF and deals, the quoted deal that you got doesnt seem all that great. Probably monthly pmt of +$50-75/mo more than the last 2 months. Your driving needs is only for 10k miles per year, which should lower your monthly even more. Is that $2k down payment, cap reduction or does that include tax, deposit, license too? :(
  • caren1caren1 Member Posts: 13
    Car_Man could you please post the MF and residuals for May 2009 for the 2009 A4 Cabriolet 2.OT? Thanks
  • shaw6shaw6 Member Posts: 2
    The $2K downpayment is purely cap cost reduction.

I am not too happy with this deal. Given my low mileage requirements, the money factor/residual combination seems quite high.
  • art234art234 Member Posts: 99
    As a former leasing manager for a different brand (out of the business 10 years thank God), let me add a little to the conversation.

First, the longer you go into a model year, the lower the residual gets--residuals alone will be the highest at the beginning of the year, unless there is a special promo. So rule of thumb is that promotions excepted, beginning of year is the best time to lease.

Next, the money factor (or interest rate) can be manipulated by the finance company as well. Subsidizing the money factor allows them to offer a realistic residual, rather than being swamped with cars which are worth much less than residual at lease end.

Finally, lease cash is another way of adding incentive, as is first payment. All these reduce the outlay of the consumer, but may not be perceived as valuable.

As far as I have heard, Audi raised the rates to near normal this month, and reduced the residuals, BUT they also increased loyalty or conquest cash (cap cost reduction or downpayment), and for the A4, depending on model, are making either the first or first two payments. My suggestion is that you go back to the dealer and make sure he is applying all the incentives, and is not bumping up the money factor (reserve).

Finally, some dealers qualify for an "accelerator" which pays them a back end discount per car if they hit a monthly target. Some don't qualify but it can't hurt to ask. Also, the popular myth about car sales can be true in most cases--you're better off doing a car deal at the end of the month, especially if the dealer and the individual sales rep is under pressure to hit his number. Sometimes they will entertain deals they would likely reject earlier in the month.

Sorry to take up so much space, but I hope you find this helpful. Good luck!
  • dht34dht34 Member Posts: 7
    Cut and paste from the updated Audi website on their "Summer of Audi Event" incentives. Still hoping to get a solid MF and Residual value somewhere soon.

The Summer of Audi Event with No Payments Due at Signing on all new Audi models except S Models, A8 W12 and R8.

A4 Example Lease:
    (See your Audi dealer for lease terms on other models)

2009 A4 Sedan 2.0T FWD Premium
    $469* lease per month for 36 months
    Now through July 6, 2009

Down payment: $0
    Refundable security deposit: $0
    Acquisition fee: $0
    First month's payment: $0
    Amount due at lease inception: $0
    Excludes taxes, title, other options and dealer charges

*36-mo. closed-end lease offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by 7/6/2009. Rate based on $31,825 MSRP of 2009 Audi A4 Sedan 2.0T FWD Premium with Automatic transmission and destination charge. Price excludes taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Purchase option at lease end for $16,549. Advertised offer requires dealer contribution; final negotiated price may vary by dealer. Lessee responsible for insurance, maintenance and repairs and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. To find out more about Audi, see your dealer, call 1-800-FOR-AUDI or visit us at audiusa.com.
  • yvanhyvanh Member Posts: 8
    No deal.. I don't know what is wrong with Audi, they either don't want to have leases on the street fearing the volume of cars in the next years that will be returned, or they're trying to position themselves in a niche that they don't belong.

As for this deal... NO DEAL. The main problem here is the selected car is a Premium Plus.. there are NO incentives tight now for Prem+ or Prestige, only for Premium (which are the slowest sales).. sure, Audi advertises $460/mo, for an A4.. but read the fine print.
    Still, remember that dealers can jack up the Money Factor as well, and they seem to be doing that, so whatever offer your receive, ask it to be itemized and clearly labeled.

I was looking to lease a Q5 and right now I'm looking for retail finance because with a Money Factor of 0.5% (.00022) back in April, the payments were at $800+/mo. and any calculator was at least $50 less... My last Audi was an 05 S4 which I leased for $640 and the was priced similar to the Q5. (by the way all the payments include tax)

Cars.com has a very comprehensive list of the current Audi incentives (sorry Edmunds.. but they're even listing the leases), jusp pop-in your zip code and scroll down to Audi..

Incentives
  • caren1caren1 Member Posts: 13
    My local dealer has a leftover 2008 with the following configurations. He gave me an MSRP of $47,925 and a sales price of $41980. With the A5 coming out, I am wondering what would be a fair price for this car or if it made sense to negotiate on this vehicle. Thoughts?

Model: 8HE5EH A4 2.0T CABRIOLET CVT FWD
    Exterior Color: L8PA PHANTOM BLACK PEARL EFFECT/BLACK ROOF
    Interior Color: NK EBONY
    Options: 4A3 HEATED FRONT SEATS
    5MG DARK WALNUT WOOD TRIM
    6W9 FRONT PLATE FILLER PANEL
    PBS AUDIO PACKAGE
    PNZ AUDI DVD NAVIGATION PLUS W/ IPOD INTERFACE
    PPX CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    PT1 BLUE TOOTH PHONE PREP
    WPX PREMIUM PACKAGE
  • mounfrairmounfrair Member Posts: 2
    No deal? What are you talking about? The last deal that Audi featured was based with $2400 cap cost reduction and a security deposit (for you poor people with bad credit) and a first month payment!!
    It's not that Audi doesn't want the cars coming back, it's that they have decided that they no longer want a certain clientele driving their cars.......
    Audi has taken over the niche where you said they dont belong....BMW NA is going bankrupt and Mercedes is crap......and you might as well die in a fiery crash in a [non-permissible content removed] car.........
    In other words, buy what you can afford!
  • yvanhyvanh Member Posts: 8
    I'm sorry but $469 for a underpowered (in stock mode) FWD!, 2.0T A4 is no deal to me, and is not a matter of poor or high credit score, it's a matter of common financial sense. You drive an Audi because of it's technology advantage, dynamics and feeling of the car, a FWD Audi 2.0T is sub-par to an Accord, Altima or Hyundai (yes it has way better interior and it might look nicer), and if you throw on that that the offer was for a Premium (fancy for entry model with barely the tires, lights, brakes and seats), is no deal (for me and very likely for the originator of the thread, because it didn't sound right to him either)

When I leased the 2005 S4 (340hp, w/ Quattro @ $640) it made tons of sense to me from driving habits and financially point of view, because they were going in normally for over $800, it was a factory subsidized offer that I took over.

If you want to be a such a show off that you don't care about bottom line montly payment, that's fine by me because I don't care (although, I'd rather give my throw away money to charity for example).

Purchasing or leasing a car is a 2 way road, you and the dealer need to get to a comfortable level where you both feel that is a win-win situation. This person came for help and advise, I gave my point of view, you did the same (with some -in your face that I have money, and good credit score-), but ultematly, HE has the fnal word, his finances and most importantly, his own comfort level.

By the way.. Audi and any car make gives A (capital) crap about who drives their cars, it's all about finances, and how much money they make out of you, same goes for dealerships, they're just brokers and they can jack up a little it the rates for what?.. money, you negotiate the price of the car and basically you are talking dealer money and salesman commision. That's why none of them are Non-Proffit organizations.
  • traderfjptraderfjp Member Posts: 12
    I have no idea what yvanh is talking about. How can you say that a car with 210 ponies and 260 lbs of torque is underpowered? 0 to 60 in about 6.9 sec. is nothing to sneeze at. It isn't a Corvette a a M3 but for the price it's a wonderful blend of power and economy. Also, with all the torque available the car is very quick off the line. Quattro vs. FWD is another debate. It's personal preference. The FWD gives better economy and is faster off the line to 60. I drove both cars and preferred the FWD CVT tranny to the Quattro's slush box. The CVT actually cost a few dollars more a month so that tells u how much I liked the CVT. For the 3 times a year it snows here I can deal with out having it. I'm paying 419.00 a month with total out of pocket of 2620.00 I'm leasing the car. I can certainly live without adaptive cruise, Xenon lights, LED's in the headlight assembly, etc. They are nice features but the dealer charges way too much for those items and I'm quite happy with the premium car. I don't know how you can compare a stock A4 with a Honda, Hyundai, etc. I test drove them all and have a friend with the Hyundai and the cars are totally different and not on par with the A4. My advice is to buy what you can afford.
  • mounfrairmounfrair Member Posts: 2
    You should not be giving anyone advice if you think that Audi is sub-par to an Altima or a Hyundai....I do care what my bottom line payment is but I also know that you get what you pay for....I feel that an Audi is a superior car in terms of performance, safety and technololgy.....if you want the best then you have to pay for it! If you cannot pay for it then you should not look at it or buy it.....
  • aallocaaalloca Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,

New here. Got the following offer from Anchor Audi. I see the purchase price looks good vs Consumers and edmunds, but the monthly payment seems high.

Both leases are for 15k. AWD 2.0

2.0 AWD 36 months 15k miles Prem Plus /Prestige
    MSRP 38,000/ 40,825
    PRICE 36,000/ 38,574
    RESIDUAL 0.48/ 0.44
    MONEY FACTOR 0.00071 /0.00071

Out of Pocket.
    Bank Fees, Fees, Taxes,
    1st Payment 2,400/ 2652

PAYMENT 531/ 612

*Registration is not included

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Best wishes,
  • donnydjrdonnydjr Member Posts: 8
    Based on my deal from earlier this year, roughly $2k off is a decent deal, but the upfront cost seems a bit high as well as the payment. The residual has dropped as discussed on this board - it was 52% for a premium plus in Dec/Jan +1% if you added the mtc. package.

One would think that Audi needs to drop the residual values a bit towards the end of the year, but not this much in 4-5 months. And they should be discounting even more towards the end of the year... however, this is not a normal economy and maybe they're happy with the sales numbers as is, as well as not willing to destroy the residuals / used car market in a few years.

my two cents... good luck... BTW - the A4 rocks !!

D
This discussion has been closed.