Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• aallocaaalloca Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Donny,

I would be paying the taxes up front, but my gut feeling is in doing so, I should be getting $480 a month for the Prem Plus and $550 a month for the prestige.

From reading back many of you were getting better deals than my gut numbers.

Where do I negotiate, on the residual, the upfront, money factor, the cap cost. Or do I just say look I am willing to pay $2,400 out of pocket which covers taxes, 1st and fees, but I want $480 with audi care... if you can't do it thank you goodbye

Also for me the only reason for the prestige would be the B&O stereo, Can someone tell me how the prem plus sounds? Does it have a sub? I like accurate tight sound, not rattle your neighbors type sloppy bass.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new A4, a6ricardo. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Real world examples like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles.

If you haven't yet, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks nhcca4 :blush: . It is very possible that you would not qualify for Audi Financial Services' best month factors if your credit is not in good shape. Only you know for certain whether it is or not.

The dealer invoice price of the car that you are interested in is $34,538. The dealer is charging you around $900 over invoice for this car. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition (which I suspect Long Island is), I would not be surprised if you were able to shave a couple hundred dollars off of this price. but that's not bad.

If you have the time, it wouldn't to visit another dealer or two to see if you can whittle down the price even more and confirm the money factor that you are eligible for. If not, there's nothing wrong with going with this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi speedracer1981. Let me double check. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Sedan Prestige with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 44%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would increase to 46%. The 10k residual would be 47%.

It appears as though the dealer that you are working with may be attempting to mark your car's money factor up in an effort to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. Make sure that they use the buy rate to calculate your car's payment. If they won't, find a different dealer that will.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi paulo6. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Avant 2.0T Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 44%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hurls65. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Audi A4 Avant Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00160 and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease, make sure to take advantage of the $500 conquest or $750 loyalty cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go sgdgolf1. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Sedan 2.0 Premium with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 50%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
    Ah ha, then my guess was right :D .

Car_man
    Host
    Hi art234. What you head about the conquest and loyalty cash disappearing is not correct. It's still there in May plus Audi introduced a payment waiver program that makes the first payment on A4 2.0 models for free this month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello caren1. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A4 Cabriolet 2.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 49%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Also, make sure to take advantage of the cash incentives that are available on this car when negotiating its selling price. Audi is currently providing $1,000 loyalty cash or $750 conquest cash (to current owners of select competitive luxury vehicles) on this car. Also, it is waiving the first two payments on all A4 Cabriolet leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • a6ricardoa6ricardo Member Posts: 7
    Car_Man:

I signed my deal on April 20, but I still have not taken delivery of the car. The sales manager who I dealt with told me a few days later that he located my exact car (dakar beige) at another dealership located out of state. I even know the VIN for it. That out of state dealer will not swap cars with my dealer--he only wants cash. My dealer is (for cash flow reasons??) hesitating to pay cash for it, which he will then sell to Audi FS and get reimbursed...to some extent. Is my dealer hesitating because he will net a loss on the whole deal?? I can't tell. My salesman insists he will get me the car "soon", but I keep hearing that..and no car yet. He says my leasing deal may even get a few $$ better due to a drop in residual. I do not know what exactly is going on..I'm kind of getting the mushroom treatment (you know.."keep em in the dark..feed em on sh_t".

So I'll let you all know how I like the A4, when I get it.
    a6ricardo.
  • mel10021mel10021 Member Posts: 31
    Comments ?:

A4 Premium / Front Wheel. Black. Zero down. Zero sec deposit. 1st Payment taken care of
    $358/mos for 36 mos
    Purchase px: 30235 - includes lease loyalty
    Residual: 52%
    Money Factor: .00085
    Tax/title extra
  • dht34dht34 Member Posts: 7
    Car_Man

Was wondering if you can tell me the MF and residuals for a 2009 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus with Sport Package, 15k miles/yr, 36 months. Thanks.
  • caren1caren1 Member Posts: 13
    Car_Man

Thanks for your response on the lease- good guess on the term and mileage. Does it make any sense to purchase a new 2008 A4 Cab? My dealer has one listed at $47,000, but gave me a sale price of $41,000. It's hard to imagine that the price should not be lower considering the model is discontinued and there are 2009s on the lot.

It has the following specs
    Model: 8HE5EH A4 2.0T CABRIOLET CVT FWD
    Exterior Color: L8PA PHANTOM BLACK PEARL EFFECT/BLACK ROOF
    Interior Color: NK EBONY
    Options: 4A3 HEATED FRONT SEATS
    5MG DARK WALNUT WOOD TRIM
    6W9 FRONT PLATE FILLER PANEL
    PBS AUDIO PACKAGE
    PNZ AUDI DVD NAVIGATION PLUS W/ IPOD INTERFACE
    PPX CONVENIENCE PACKAGE
    PT1 BLUE TOOTH PHONE PREP
    WPX PREMIUM PACKAGE

Thanks!
  • art234art234 Member Posts: 99
    Car man,

Thanks -- I actually found out the new programs two days after that post. Your information is correct. I just neglected to post...my bad.

On a bright note, I got a call from my dealer today--he got build information on my 2010 A4--it will be built week of June 1 and in my hands on or about July 13th!!

For the other buyer on Long Island, where I live, it takes a little effort, but you should be able to get $500 over invoice BUT insist all incentives to customer, and ask about the accelerator (money they get if they meet their objective). My dealer is Legend, and they were the most upfront.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    art: Is yours a lease or are you purchasing?
    Carnaught,

I haven't decided, and in theory can't decide until the car is in. We don't know what pricing is for 2010 yet, but have an estimate, plus we know even LESS about what lease rates will be.

That said, I have some cash allocated for a down payment if I buy, and remember sales tax and interest on car purchases is deductible this year.

Basically my accountant said it's a draw, but I have some more financial flexibility if I buy.
  • drrubydrruby Member Posts: 1
    Hey a6ricardo,
    Sorry to tell you this but even though you signed an order doesn't mean they can still offer you the same payment. The only way to lock in, is to sign a lease with an actual vin and dmv info! If you were approved (credit wise) under the april rates then they can offer you those rates but they can't be combined with Audi making the first month payment. The residual went down by a point which makes the payment go up by like $15 per month.....The only way to lock in last months rates is to sign a full lease agreement.......

Did u do the deal with Riverside Audi? They are in the process of filing Chap 11 so they are messing with people and giving them fake deals??
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    art: Similarly with me and my "frequent trading mileage", a buy vs. a lease are a draw. My Audi dealer is very deliberately skirting the issue of 2010 lease rates. The modulating conditions of the economy and market for autos no doubt are fueling this vagueness and uncertainty.
  • tlhughes30tlhughes30 Member Posts: 3
    Mel - where did you get this ? How did you start in negotiating this ? I am just getting started and would appreciate any insight you have. -Trevor (tlhughes30@hotmail.com). Thanks.
  • roadking98roadking98 Member Posts: 2
    Car man -

What are the May 2009 AFS residuals for a 36 month leases with 12K per year and 10K per year? What does the summer of audi event mean when it lists "0" out of pocket expense of any kind on a lease except for "s", R8, A8 models?

Thanks
  • mel10021mel10021 Member Posts: 31
    I got it from a local dealer. Advertised price. Im suspect until deal is done - that is why I posted it here for any feedback...
    Carnaught,

Agreed. However, as a basic principle, there is no way a dealer can know what rates will be two months hence--because chances are at this point the leasing banks don't even know. I would THINK, based on past history, that the initial month of a model year is not great because they might still be moving off 2009's so there 's no incentive to publish attractive rates on 2010's.

In any case we won't know until July, but as of now I have some cash put aside to buy the car. At this point I just can't wait to get my hands on it.
  • sptcpasptcpa Member Posts: 10
    Art:
    Thanks for the direction to Legend. Did you find any particular salesperson at the dealership easier to work with?
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • duke1818duke1818 Member Posts: 2
    any know about special pricing i am getting 3800 off a new a4 conv plus audi pays first 3 payment s of loan any one know any thing about this
    Steve,

It is my understanding that you're not supposed to identify specific sales people on here, but if you email me I will be happy to refer you.
    My email if not in my profile is my screen name at optonline.net.

Being a former car guy myself I am VERY picky about car sales people, but I am very happy with this gentlman and his manager to date.

Thanks,
    Art
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    sign and drive on A4's -- what's your take car-man? Good til july 6. There are a ton of A4's around the country but prices don't seem to be even below invoice.
  • audia4nycaudia4nyc Member Posts: 1
    What are your thoughts on the following lease details:

2009 Audi A4 Quattro, Automatic
    Premium Package + Heated front seats, Bluetooth, Homelink, IPOD Integration
    Sticker Price of $35,790
    36 month lease
    10k miles per year
    NY tax $1560
    Bank Fee $625
    Plates $300
    Doc Fee $300
    1st Month $409
    Window etching $195
    So total of $3389 due at signing
    $409/month for 35 months, Audi waives 1 month

.00071 Money Factor
    53% residual
  • ptalosigptalosig Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Invoice on the below car is $33,375. Any opinion on the deal?

2009 A4 non-quattro CVT premium plus, 10K, 36 mo lease
    msrp: $35,825
    invoice $33,375
    sale price: $32,500
    Audi care: $650
    money factor: 0.00104
    residual: 55%

monthly payment $464 with tax ($428/mo +tax).
    Drive off with $1920 that includes
    $310 DMV
    $464 1st payment
    $475 Security Deposit
    $625 Bank Fee
    $45 Doc Fee

Anyone hear of a dear like this in the So. Cal area?
  • ptalosigptalosig Member Posts: 2
    Car_man or anyone who can answer this: how strict is AFS/or the particular dealer on these incentives (more in particular the conquest incentive).. My sister who lives with me drives a BMW, ala - the car is registered to the same residence as me, just not under my name.. you think this would qualify for the conquest monies?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The window etching is overpriced by $170. They paid at most $15 to have it done. Add $10 for the dealer.
  • md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Just drive with your sister to the dealership in the BMW. If they ask for proof of ownership, say your sister is your wife and let them make a photocopy of the vehicle registration if needed. It has your address, and maybe your sister even has the same last name as you. Seems simple enough. ;)

MD
  • bashinbashin Member Posts: 27
    Hey everyone. I am in the market for an A4 in the DC area. Ideally want to lease an 2.0 TFSI Prestige with Navi. What is the expectations with $0 down and the first two months covered by Audi? How much under invoice? What is this month's money factor? Is there a dealer holdback this month?

My first offer was $659/month for 12,000 miles on 36 months. That sounds awfully high for the 2.0.

Thanks,
    Brian
    It's the prestige and Navi which do that one up and make it so high. The prestige model has the lowest residuals in the A4 2.0 group, and if you compound that with the highest price of the group, those lease rates are not too bad all things considered.
    HI,

Can someone tell me how many speakers and if it has a sub in the prem plus package? Also who makes the speakers?

Also any news on the 2010 involving audio upgrades or changes?

I can't find anything but the B&O info in the prestige.

Thank you,
    Thank you.

Am I just better off getting the 2.0 Premium Plus with Navi? What is my expected pre-tax lease rate?
    Also, CarMan (or any other helpful friend here):

What is the money factor and residuals on the 2.0 premium plus this month at 36/10,000 and 12,000 miles.

Thanks!
  • newcarbuyer12newcarbuyer12 Member Posts: 13
    From what I've seen, the 2010 has B&O as an option on the Premium Plus as well as the Prestige (only in Prestige for 2009). The other audio change is if you get the nav system. This gives you a single CD and a 10 GB of hard drive space for music.
    Many thanks.. looks like I am waiting for the 2010's to arrive.
  • franciefrancie Member Posts: 4
    Looking at a Premium A4 (pretty basic) with just heated seats, blue tooth, and wood trim.

Dealer says they will give me invoice price of 33216.15 (which is about $300 more than Edmonds says the list price is) for 36 mo. lease, residual of .53, no security deposit, money factor of .00110, owner loyalty of $750, and 1500 'down' payment, and they make first lease payment. Says the 1st payment is 467.11, including tax of 9.5%. I have excellent credit. Is the money factor high?
  • arctic45arctic45 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, just joined the forum. I just got quoted from Jack Daniels Audi in NJ for a 2009 A4 2.0 Prestige with Nav, for $559 a month for 36/10k. But they want about $2600 for taxes and fees. What do you guys think? Is it reasonable? I'm trying to pick up the car before the summer of audi promotion ends. Thank you in advance.
  • koshka_begemotkoshka_begemot Member Posts: 9
    Hello,
    can someone post MF and residual for May for A4 Avant with Premium package.
    12k/15K - 36/42 months. Greatly appreciated!
    [Updated]
    Sorry, found the 12K/15k for 36 months. 42 months info would still be appreciated.
  • nykr95nykr95 Member Posts: 13
    Hi - I have a question.

I bought an A4 Cabriolet with the Conquest program and the 1st 2 payments are paid by Audi. Originally they put 1 payment into cap reduction and that covered the 1st payment included in the drive off calculation and said 2nd pymnt would be covered by Audi. The finance guy changed that and also added the 2nd payment onto the cap reduction. It didn't effect my monthly but added about $50 to my drive off because I pay tax on the cap reduction. Does that seem correct? Seems like I am paying taxes twice by putting my 2 monthly payments into the cap reduction.

Regards,

Steve
  • jmorrow76jmorrow76 Member Posts: 2
    I'm working with an Audi dealer in my area that is quoting me between $525 & $550 for a 34 month lease, 10k miles a year with the Audi Car, Music Interface, Heated Seats & Bluetooth. This includes taking over the remaining payments on my current lease in which I have 6 moths left to go on. This includes no money at signing.

Would I save more if I were to wait until my current lease is up bypassing the current iAudi Summer Event incentives?
  • jmorrow76jmorrow76 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2009 Audi A4, FWD, Auto, Premium Plus yesterday afternoon.

The sticker was $36,333
    I received 2 months payments covered by Audi.

I had 5 months remaining on my current lease @ $450 a month. They cut me a check for my last 3 payments which accompanied by the first 2 months of payments covered by Audi, the entire remaining portion of my lease was taken care of.

They also rolled in my sales tax which was $2,600 which means zero out of pocket at the time of purchase.

My final payment came to $626 a month. Again this was a straight purchase. Did I get decent deal?
  • anithaanitha Member Posts: 15
    Did you get the sports package(suspension)? What was the final price? Thanks.
  • jps31jps31 Member Posts: 1
    Hi - need some advice from those who have dealt with AFS at lease-end.

We have a 2006 Audi A4 2.0 Quattro that has a lease end date of August 21, 2009. We paid for the 12k mi/yr option but the car only has 20k miles on it now and we're almost at the end. Residual value is $19,160.

We have some body damage:
    1. dent in the side where someone sideswiped us backing out of an adjacent parking space. no paint damage
    2. slightly visible scratches at top of trunk near rear window where low hanging concrete ceiling scraped the trunk- we have had this buffed and scratches are still there
    3. normal wear and tear dings on rear bumper

All 4 tires are fairly new - we've replaced all of them so tread is fine.

We are open to purchasing the car or turning it in.

1. Assuming we plan to turn the car in, should we take the car to a body shop to fix the major damage BEFORE the lease-end inspection? Is there any advantage to having it fixed prior to the inspection? Or will the inspection just give us a better idea of what damage we need to get fixed (by Audi or independent body shop) before we turn it in? I've heard that having it repaired by the dealer can be much more expensive.

2. I read this on the AFS website:

"What if I have chargeable items?

You will be invoiced for the full amount of items listed on the Vehicle Inspection Report. You can avoid some or all of these charges by having these items repaired at an authorized Audi dealership prior to vehicle turn-in. Please send your repair receipts to the address listed below or fax them to our Asset Management Department at (800) 824-8284."

Does this suggest that it's better to have things fixed before the inspection so you are not charged? If you have them fixed after the inspection, you would have to submit receipts to remove the chargeable items when you turn the car in...seems easier to avoid that whole process (and avoid having Audi learn whether you used their dealer or an independent body shop to fix damage).

3. Should we contact Audi Financial Services about possibly purchasing the vehicle or should we wait to hear from them? If we should initiate contact, how soon before the end of the lease should we call?

4. Should we schedule the inspection before or after discussing the purchase option with Audi Financial Services? (My concern is that if they learn about the low mileage they will be less inclined to give us a good deal to buy the car and take it off their hands.)

5. Any chance AFS would be willing to negotiate a lower purchase price this year given the state of the economy and all the A4s that are probably coming onto the lots (plus arrival of the new '09 model)?

Thanks for any advice on these questions and any other tips you have about this process.
  • bobrob1bobrob1 Member Posts: 11
    Hello,

I had a similar situation with mine but I was planning to get into another lease not purchase. When I turned it in it had 30,000 m on a 3year 15k.I had dent and scratches on my car. will tell this.

1.Don't do inspection they will charge you a lot more for everything.
    2.Call you insurance let them know that you have dent and if you have more damages on car from that dent like scratches let them know.. They can cover it all. just pay your deductable.My small dent in my door cost $3500.

3.I have 2 Audi's with AFS you can call ask them what they are willing to sell you the car for no need to tell them anything.

4.It will make no difference what mileage is.

5.If you need more tme AFS will give you a 6 months extension no cost to you at all just ask for it. Tell them you looking at another Audi and not sure what model you want.

6.Once you call insurance don't worry about it showing up on carfax audi will not care as long as it is fixed.

7.you don't have to use Audi dealership to fix it.

8.If you plan on going into another lease the dealership will get inspection done for you but you need to take care of dent on own.All you do is walk iinto an Audi dealership tell them you want another car.

9. I have 2009 A4 2.0 SLINE I also have 2008 4.2 Q7 SLINE LOVE IT If I were you I would just get into another A4 They have great leases right now.

good luck Bobrob
  • jshapjshap Member Posts: 6
    I can give you some insight since I just leased a new 2009 2.0T A4...Prem. plus, nav, wood...Quartz gray. Anyway, I am a sound-lover. I only like top of the line premium sound systems. First of all, I love the Audi Symphony System in my Prem. plus. Additionally, i noticed while testing sound systems, if you get the Navigation, you WILL have access to adjusting the subwoofer output level. On the Non-Navi, you do NOT have that capability! I also read in my owner's manual, "if you have the B&O, adjusting the subwoofer is not an option either".

Hope this helps.
  • bellefaxbellefax Member Posts: 10
    The lease on my 2006 A4 ends July 5, 2009. If it helps, Audi began contacting me around mid-May to schedule an inspection. A few weeks later, a dealer from the local shop where I leased the car emailed me to offer his services.

Also, I inquired online back in January about the best time to start negotiating and had an Audi dealer respond and say it's best to wait to within 90 days of lease end, so you could get started anytime, given your Aug 21 lease end.

Finally, I've been told AFS won't negotiate. If you deal directly with AFS you pay the price stated on your contract. However, if you go through your dealer he may be able to negotiate a lower price for you (he can buy wholesale from AFS). Many others have had success going this route.
This discussion has been closed.