Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• ermacermac Member Posts: 4
    Magneeta, what was the money factor and sale price of the car on your deal? The deal i was quoted was for a premium, and I am puzzled as to how people are getting a better deal on a premium plus than i am getting on a base.
  • seifseif Member Posts: 48
    getting the car tomorrow:

2009 A4 Quattro 2.0 TFSI Premium w/ heated seats
    Automatic
    Quartz Gray Metallic, Black interior
    36 months
    12K miles
    $1200 out of pocket
    $425/month

I think it is a pretty solid deal. got it from a leasing company i have used in the past. no dealer could even come close...i gave them the chance. what do you guys think?
  • cliffturn9cliffturn9 Member Posts: 6
    Hey guys new to this site, been browsing around and really find it useful. What do you guys think of this deal from here in upstate NY.

Audi A4 Premium Plus 2.0T Quattro
    MSRP 37,500
    $3,000 Down
    3 year lease
    Service Plan $750
    First monthly offer from dealers was $589 a month

I was thinking $540 would be a good price, what do you guys think and how would I get the dealer to go down.
  • ermacermac Member Posts: 4
    Mageneeta, thats a premium, or premium plus? either way, thats an insane deal compared to what i have seen. Id take that in a heartbeat (although I really dont know much). What is the sale price of the car, and what state are you in?
  • mattydmattyd Member Posts: 21
    Thanks to those who replied, confirming that these numbers are truly insane.

I'm royally pissed. This is the type of pricing we get in Toronto. See, I had mistakenly thought that my location info would make my post get sent to a Canadian part of the Prices Paid forum, but it's serendipitous that it didn't, because I got a chance to see what leases are down south. These leases for A4s, at $2k down and $400ish /month are unfathomable here. And our dollar is only 8% off from yours, BTW.

FYI, the A4 quattro Premium here (same as your PP) is US$43240.
  • helgiehelgie Member Posts: 4
    Audi A4 Premium 2.0T Quattro Manual w/
    Heated Seats, Bluetooth, iPod connector
    Sale Price: $32,000
    $2,200 Down for Tax Title Tags + $480 First Month's Payment
    15k/Year
    3 year lease
    $480/month

It seems like a good deal to me...
  • jms493jms493 Member Posts: 18
    Not really understanding this deal. Need more detail like money factor and residual.

I paid $35,200 for a premium plus model w/wood. NO cap cost reduction. I paid TTL upfront for around $2500. 12K a year

My payment is $488 a month.

Why is your payment the same as mine???
    Again this is too much money. The residual must be down or the money factor is up.

Dont do this deal.

Go to Jack Daniels. You should be paying around $35K for that car.

it might be in most people best interest to wait until the 2010s come out to lease. The Residual will be higher.....which will lower your monthly payment.
    I was told the money factor was .00104 and the residual was 50%. What do you think? Does it seem like it's a good deal? I'm paying TTL up front and getting 15,000 miles/year.
    Another question. I was curious if anyone here has used a third party leasing company instead of Audi financial? I'm looking into due to the difference in cash sale price versus lease price of the car.
  • mkfxmkfx Member Posts: 26
    2009 A4 PP 2.0 quattro Ibis/black

MSRP $38405
    36 months 10k
    due at sign $3256 (first bank fee, registration, docs, security and tax @8.625%

monthly $449
    lease factor .00089
    residual 50%

I have until August 3rd to close this deal
  • dmat1dmat1 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks in advance for all of your expertise and solid advice. I have enjoyed reading this forum and this is my first time to post. I have a 3 yr lease on my '08 A4 2.0 Turbo on a 3 yr lease (45K miles total) expiring 11/10. I already have 37000 and am sure to go over by probably 8-10 thousand miles. It's been a pretty good car but I'm not crazy about the turbo lag and the brakes. Would like to trade up but can't take a bath on the mileage. My payment is $430 and the residual will be $17K. What to do?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    Just about anything you do is going to cost you thousands more than riding out the lease and paying the mileage penalty...

Doubt you could get that lease payment again on a new one, even without the negative equity..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Whats the price of the car, not MSRP???

The Cap Cost is the MOST important factor......seems like a good deal but i would get 12K.

need more details
    $34,950.

I am fine with 10k, I will drive this car less than 7500 a year.. I commute into NYC daily
  • seifseif Member Posts: 48
    i commute to nyc as well. just got a 2009 A4 Premium. got a great deal from my leasing agent. 12K miles, 36 months, $1150 out of pocket, $425.99/month.

email me at apt11K4sale at me.com if you want some contact details
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    That's too much money down up front. The bank fee should be rolled into the lease.

Your first payment should be the first month's lease payment, registration and docs, plus any required taxes.

Does Audi financing require a security deposit?
    It does seem like a lot up front......break down the numbers further. I paid everything up front and it was $2600....in NY
    yeah but didn't you get your car in June when AFS had the summe rof Audi with no first month and security due?
  • ldyxorientldyxorient Member Posts: 1
    I got mine back in January of this year from an auto broker here in southern california. I gave them my 07 infiniti fx35 which I still owed 3 months payment and was over miles and needed new tires so they added $3000 to the price on the audi. I got the 2009 a4 front-wheel drive with automatic trans., premium plus package, sports package, and navigation. I think the MSRP is $38900
    Monthly payment $645.50
    -39 month lease with 12,000 miles a year
    -buy out at end of lease is $19800
    -down payment $900 (which I did not have at the time and they let me write a check that was post dated for the next week when I got paid! =) but they let me take the car home! Oh and my credit score was a 640 so I think I got a great deal
  • alphatradealphatrade Member Posts: 11
    So I am stuck as what I should do... I just leased a new 2009 Audi A4 premium plus last Thursday, it's been getting an EPC & Check engine light messages. So I bring it in Tuesday and the guy told me they had to replace the battery and that they have to order a new high pressure fuel pump.

So I expected it to be ready today (Thursday) but now they're telling me the part did not come in and it may/may not come in tomorrow, but that likely it won't be ready till next Monday.

Seeing as I JUST PURCHASED this less than a week ago, what do you guys suggest I do?
    Ask them to give you a loaner car until it gets fixed. Nothing else you can do.
  • alphatradealphatrade Member Posts: 11
    Besides that which they're already doing. I'm saying since it is a new car and in less than a week it's already in for service. Should I tell them to give me a another car? All my friends are aware of the situation and are telling me to tell them I want a new car. I just don't know if that's possible or if legally they have to if I request another car. Any suggestions?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    a) not legally entitled..

b) not possible, either.. .most likely..

Unless you want someone to do a 100 mile shakedown test of your car before it's delivered, sometimes this stuff happens.. Just wait for them to fix it.. :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• 12161216 Member Posts: 2
    What do you guys think of this deal. 2009 Premium Audi A4 with quattro, ipod interface, bluetooth, and wood for 493 per month for 42 months. THis lease includes Audi Care and only requires 1000 due at signing, which accounts for the first month payment, doc fee of 400, and the DMV fee of 100 dollars. All other taxes and bank fees are worked into the payment.12000 miles per year.
  • snoasissnoasis Member Posts: 5
    sounds like a good deal. i'm looking for a4 premium in NYC. would appreciate contact info snoasis at gmail.com. thanks
  • whit10whit10 Member Posts: 2
    My lease is up in January and I was contacted for a pull ahead lease.
    Will the 2009 deal be better than the 2010?

I haven't talked numbers yet but I pay $400 including taxes for a 2007 A4
    No bells or whistles and he said I could probably get the 2010 now for the same prices. Just registration, taxes, etc. down.
    I am in California

Any input is appreciated. I am not over miles or anything so I don' know what the benefit is?
  • fdavid9fdavid9 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys, just got this quote:

A4 premium aruba with sports package
    msrp $34500
    cap cost $29,886.95
    money factor ??
    residual 54%
    $0 down
    $518.14 a month including tax
    36 mo lease

monthly seems high.. what do you guys think?
  • annaz1annaz1 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know of what the residuals, money factor and dealer (marketing) support is for the 2010 A4s FWD? I'm sitting at $407 / mo. with $3000 cash, cap cost of 32500 (MSRP = 33375) . The money factor / residual they are using is 0.00157 / 18886. Cars.com seems to suggest that the money factor should be around 0.00102. Any insight would be much appreciated....I just can't find any info for the 2010s.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello annaz1. I can help you out with the information that you're looking for. The money factor that you were quoted looks a little high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00102 and 53%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Other than $750 loyalty cash for returning lessees, Audi is not currently providing any cash incentives on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • traderfjptraderfjp Member Posts: 12
    This sounds like a good deal to me. I put out about 2500 with 417.00 a month on a premium.
  • danielle1102danielle1102 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am currently looking at leasing a 2009 A4...Can someone please tell me the current residual and money factor that Audi is offering on the 09's? I am looking to do a 36 month lease with 12K....also just want to put regular fees down with no downpayment. The quote I got is $460/month in NYC so just want to see if that is a good deal or not. Thanks in advance!
  • annaz1annaz1 Member Posts: 4
    Car_man,

Thanks for the info. I was looking for a 36. mo lease with 10K miles. Does the residual change substantially?
    $0 down, 12K, $457/mo
    taxes/fees upfront
    (33500, 57 residual, .00160 money factor i think)

should i keep searching/waiting?
  • rich30rich30 Member Posts: 5
    CarMan, kyfdx

I am in need of the Audi MF and resid % values for:

New Audi 09, cab, Spec Ed.
    12,000 and also 15,000/y
    2 and also 3 year lease

Please advise soonest, trying to deal today.

I am a big fan of these blogs and of your help. I leased 3 Bimmers and 1 Toyota with your very important. Hope you are appreciated!
    I posted this also on S4 by mistake.
    Thanks
    Rich
  • buyingcars1buyingcars1 Member Posts: 1
    What are the MF and Residuals on a 2010 A4 2.0T Manual Prestige? Dealer quoted a MF that worked out to almost 8%! That can't possibly be right... :mad:
  • rich30rich30 Member Posts: 5
    Unfortunately, the dealer is allowed to do almost anything they want and make extra profit by deceiving the buyer. It's not like investing with Madoff, but...it is nasty.

If the MF from Audi finance is 0.0010 (only for example, I do not hv this # for u) and the dealer tells you the MF is 0.0016, guess what - the dealer keeps the difference as extra profit! Residuals can wok same way. This is the sophisticated level of the rip off (what the consumer does not understand is grounds for making extra $). You expect honest help once you want their brand, so you want to just finance it, what you get - "A ball of confusion". Your car salesman is changed into an "investment banker" making his profit by giving made up financial percentages when you expect to get a fair deal.

When a client asks dealer for the money factor, he/she expects the current rate determined by the brand's finance co. This is not the norm - you will not usually get the current numbers from the car finance co. (Audi fionance here).

This is exactly why we all need this and other forums where you can get the truth. Even calling the Audi (or any brand) finance co and ask them for the resid or MF - they will not give you an answer! - believe it or not! They tell you it is up to the dealer to give these crucial #s!

Rich
  • narrajacknarrajack Member Posts: 5
    I'm being a bit lazy, cause I'm busy at work and figured I'd ask the expert. I leased a 2007 Toyota Camary XLE so I not a neophyte. This time around I like the Audi A4 quattro. Will I be better off with the 2010 or 09 for residual purposes. I'm looking for 15K a year for 3 years. What can I expect MF and residual. I'm in New England.

Also what about 3rd party lease services? Anybody have any experiences w/ them good or bad.

Thanks, Jack
  • ammo_collectorammo_collector Member Posts: 1
    First time leaser looking to see if this is a good deal. No audi service included...

MSRP of 43625, mrm 42800
    38,980 base cap cost
    3,000 due at lease sign
    21,828 residual of 51%
    .00226 MF
    36 months
    15k miles a year

$582 a month + tax = $634 month

Any advice would be appreciated!
    don't put any money down. If something happens to the car, you will not get that money back. You should only pay the first month's payment, registration fees and any taxes required by law up front. Your payments will be a little higher because you didn't pay the $3000...but you will find that they are about $3000/36 = $83 higher. Guess what, that's just the $3000 spread out over 36 payments. Much safer way to lease.

Ask if Audi offeres a discount for multiple security deposits. If they do, post back here and I'll explain why that's a great deal for you.

Residuals on the 2010 are much higher than on the 2009....of course. If you lease a 2009, the advantage is that you can negotiate a lower price. When coupled with the lower residual though, I'm not sure you're going to save by buying the older model You have to get the dealer to run both deals. Run them with no money down. (don't let them tell you that audi is offering this wonderful deal....the money factors and residuals are independent of the money down.).
  • jim5penjim5pen Member Posts: 31
    Looking to lease a 2010 A4 and at the same time lease a Q5. I am turning in a Q7 and would love some advice on how best to approach a dealer to get the best deal. Should I look to work out each deal by itself or tell the dealer up front that I am in the market for two cars and see if they will deal? Also what is the residual and MF for 12,000 miles (do they have a low mileage like 10,000 miles?)
  • koshka_begemotkoshka_begemot Member Posts: 9
    can someone please post money factor and residual on 2010 A4 Avant premium?
    Being quoted MF of 0.00221 (which seems high) and residual of 0.54 (that one does sound good).
  • jim5penjim5pen Member Posts: 31
    Car_man

What are the current lease rates for a 2010 A4 2.0 Prem+, 10k miles, 36 mths. While I have not seen it quoted here does Audi offer a 39mth rate? Also looking for the current MF.

Also, do you have a historical residuals and MF for A4's? Would like to look at these over the last 3 years by month. I am in the market for two new cars that I would like to lease from Audi, would like to get one new in 30 days but could probably push it off if it makes sense. I am a current Audi owner.

Maybe a more direct question to you is are there better months to lease a car from Audi from based on historical fluctuations. Obviously the rates for the summer sales event seemed pretty good, but the numbers I am seeing here do not seem that great. Would someone be better off waiting until later in the year, maybe Oct or Nov. Doesn't Audi usually have a winter sales event?
  • joeyg5joeyg5 Member Posts: 2
    The dealer says I am getting a steal. I have never leased and am not sure if this is worth jumping on. Help is appreciated!

2009 Audi Premium Plus ibis/black
    36 month
    10k mi/ year
    $3000 upfront
    $449/ month
    Why are you paying $3000 upfront? You don't want to pay any more than your first month's lease plus title/registration. All other fees should get rolled into the lease. Monthly costs will be higher, total cost over the life of the lease is about identical and you are much safer if something happens to the car.

What is the money factor? what is the residual? and what's your negotiated price for the car that you are capitalizing?

Note: Right now, the residual is higher and the finance charge lower for the quatro. You might just price one out and find that it's cheaper.
  • joeyg5joeyg5 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply. Can I ask what would be considered a "good" MF?

I think the residual on the prem plus is .46, Quattro definitely has a better residual, but I haven't prices it out on the Prem Plus, only on the premium, which was a great deal.
  • uthumveeuthumvee Member Posts: 28
    Can I get the MF and Residual for an '10 A4, quattro, premium plus; 12K and 36 months?

Thanks.
  • rj33rj33 Member Posts: 1
    hi i just leased a 2010 a4 2.0 premium
    3500/ upfront fees
    389 month
    36 months
    10k year

they will ALL tell you are getting a great deal. good luck to you.
    as of 08/22 residuals for 36 month 12K leases are
    .56 (premium) and .54 (premium+)

from whta i understand things should be changing on 02 Sept
  • uthumveeuthumvee Member Posts: 28
    Any idea of the money factor?
This discussion has been closed.