Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If you like the GTI, you should check the A3 which is the more expensive cousin. The A4 is larger and more expensive than the A3.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    Unfortunately, it's cheaper to lease an A4 Quattro than a FWD A3... Even though the A3 has a lower MSRP.. :(

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• allen333377allen333377 Member Posts: 5
    Hey guys, this is my first time leasing, so I really need advice on this one...

2010 A4 AWD Quattro Black/Black
    Premium Plus with navigation and B&O
    MSRP:$41700
    Down payment: $3000
    Monthly: $569 include tax
    42mo/12k miles

I think the payment is kind of high...so any advice??
  • thirsty305thirsty305 Member Posts: 1
    This seems like a really good deal. Is this an actual offer? what part of the country are you in? I would like to see if I can get an offer like this.

Thanks
  • rettatersmourrettatersmour Member Posts: 1
    I think you can do better, here's what I picked up this morning in Denver:

2010 A4 2.0T quattro 6M Silver/Black
    Premium Plus, navigation, B&O, 18" sport package, exhaust tips, all weather floor mats, and Audicare
    Selling Price $40,600
    $750 loyalty rebate
    0.0045 money factor
    52% residual
    36 months/12k miles
    $561 per month (before tax)
  • sergisergi Member Posts: 1
    Guys,
    any info on the new lease rates...March 2010
  • allen333377allen333377 Member Posts: 5
    Yea, I got a quote, too.
    2010 A4 2.0T quattro Premium Plus, navigation, B&O, and ARUBA BLUE PEARL EFFECT
    $495 before tax, so it will be around $530 a month, 42month/12k miles
  • wordsterwordster Member Posts: 4
    This was the offer I got for a front-wheel A4 premium plus, sports pkg, navi, pearl metallic paint:
    MSRP: 40,250
    Base Cap Cost: 36,622 (800 under invoice)
    Cost added to lease: approx. $400 for advertisement fees (is this legit?)
    Adj. Cap Cost: $37,022
    Residual Factor: 49% for 12,000 miles
    MF: .00069 (higher than the .00029 i see in ridewithg)
    Monthly Payment: $519 + 9.25% tax ($567)
    Walk out fee: first month + dmv + doc + acquisition fee

I walked away from it because 1) I didn't know about the advertisement fee, 2) I didn't know about the acquisition fee of $625, and 3) the MF. I was trying to get $1500 under invoice because I've read others getting that. I would've been cool with the $800 under invoice if it weren't for the other costs. What did you guys think about this deal?
  • audimana4audimana4 Member Posts: 2
    A4 premium quatto with heated seats Manuel Transmission

Mf (I believe) .00119 just under 3% he said

Total out of pocket 2600 (1515 tax, 625 bank fee, title, tag, 1st month)

$403.55 for 42 months 12k miles/yr

Residual 49%

I don't know what selling price we neg but I think it's around 31k msrp was 33k

Is these a good deal?
  • audimana4audimana4 Member Posts: 2
    399 2600 upfront
    a4 quattro premium with htd seats bluetooth chrome tips all wthr mats. audicare include for 4 years. 12k 42 mnths
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi sergi. I've seen Audi's March lease program. I'd be happy to provide you with the details if you tell me what model you are interested in, how long you want to lease for, and what mileage allowance you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • doc22stevedoc22steve Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_Man,

I'm looking to lease an A4 2.0 quattro prem plus with navi for 36mo/12k or 15k per year. Could you provide me the current rates/mf? Thanks.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Carman,

2010 A4 Quattro premium manual,
    36 months
    Residual and MF for both 12k and 15k please ?

Thanks,
    DL
  • seekingaudia4seekingaudia4 Member Posts: 66
    edited March 2010
    Carman, I'd like to know the same stats above for the 2010 A4 AWD Prem sedan with auto.

I am comparing A4 and BMW 328i base sedan. I noticed BMW just added a $2500 rebate for lease, but also lowered its residual a lot, possibly modified the MF too, so the end result may not be too different than the last month.

Did Audi do anything similar? I know they are offering some rebates as a repeat or a BMW customer, but I am neither. We did have a Volvo last year and currently have a Mercedes GLK don't know if they apply.

Thanks!
  • oscar17oscar17 Member Posts: 1
    I received the following offer:

MSRP: 45,800
    Sale Price: 42,100
    10k/year
    42 months
    including Audicare and excess wear and tear
    $2995 down payment, all fees included
    monthly payment is $610 without taxes
    I live in the Northeast

Let me know if you think this is a good offer. Thanks.
  • chriso59chriso59 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Carman,

I continue to cross shop this car with the 3-series wagon, but it doesn't look like there are many 2010s left so I hope I will have better luck with the Audi... Can you please provide me with lease information for a 2010 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 15k miles/year for 36 months?

I really appreciate the help!

Chris
  • jennywantsa4jennywantsa4 Member Posts: 2
    I got this quote just FYI and I'd love to receive some comments back especially from Car_man:

2010 A4 Quattro Premium Plus Auto
    Option: Navi
    Color: white/black
    Mileage: 12k/yr
    Leaser Term: 39 months
    Down & drive off price: $0 down. $1040 drive off
    Monthly payments: $530 (tax included)

I personally think it's an OK deal, but I have friends who got a much better deal out of this.
    edited March 2010
    if you want a comment you need to post msrp the money factor and the residual. You also need to post what the discounted price was. I figured msrp at 38275 - cap cost 36000. mf .00062 rv 48% $485 for 39 months taxes-fees extra. your deal sounds in the ballpark.
  • jennywantsa4jennywantsa4 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Jay. First time posting...
    Yes, you're very close. I've relisted as below:

Do you think there's a better deal out there?
    Thank you very much for your help.

2010 A4 Quattro Premium Plus Auto

Option: Navi
    Color: white/black
    Mileage: 12k/yr
    Leaser Term: 39 months

MSRP:$38,465
    Vehicle cost: $36,698
    $2,200 off invoice.

Down & drive off price: $0 down. $1040 drive off
    Monthly payments: $530 (tax included)
    The only thing I would suggest is rolling the $1040 into the payment[keep it in your bank account for nachos and champagne]. About $30 per month more and with the interest rate so low it's the way to go. Only pay for license and motor vehicle fees. if you want an a4 -- this seems like a good deal. There isn't much to negotiate so if the color is right and you qualify then why not?
  • bee213bee213 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all, first time posting. I wanted opinions on the deal I signed today.

2010 A4 Premium
    Options: Metallic paint, All-weather mats
    12k miles/year
    $399/mo. (tax included)
    $1500 out of pocket (wish I rolled it into the monthly payment!!!)

I pick it up on Monday!

Thank you all, great site.
  • traderfjptraderfjp Member Posts: 12
    That's a great deal. I bought an 09 a4 with bluetoth, wood interior and heated seats. I put down 2k and my payment is 419 but I have 15k miles per year. In retrospect I wish I didn't lease. I want to buy a Vette now and I can't sell the Audi. They are not that popular. My 09 only has 12k and I was asking 27500. If I was you I would buy a 1 year old car and then sell it after 3 years. You'll save about 10k.
    Hey doc22steve. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 2.0 quattro Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 48%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year is 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, dl7265. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Premium Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 50%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi seekingaudia4. Please see my previous post for the specific program info that you're looking for.

As far as cash incentives go, Audi doesn't have anything like the $2,500 that BMW is offering right now. The only cash incentives that are available on leases of the 2010 A4 are loyalty cash and the $750 for current BMW owners that you mentioned. Unfortunately, I don't believe that this cash is available to current Mercedes owners.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, Chris. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jenny. To me, the easiest way to tell if a lease is a good deal is to look at the selling price that it is based upon in relation to either its full MSRP or dealer invoice price. You never mentioned this car's selling price. It is a very important number to know. Without it it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what this car's MSRP and selling price are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Ah ha, I see that you did mention these numbers, Jenny. The car that you're interested in probably has a spread of around $2,500 to $2,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. That puts the $2,200 dealer discount that you were quoted at less than $500 over invoice...which is a very good deal.

Just make sure that the dealer that you're working with uses Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00046 to calculate your payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man, those are some of the best rates I have seen.
  • bbqqbbqq Member Posts: 4
    Greetings everyone. I was offered the invoice price + 349 dealer prep fee +325 admin fees for all 2010 A4 models. For example:

2010 A4 Premium Plus, metallic paint, rear side airbags, MSRP $39,374, cap cost $36,724 before TTL. 36 month lease, 12K/year, $3700 down, monthly payment $507, interest rate 3.71%

Is this someone worth considering?

Thank you in advance.
    Based on my math, assume you have tier 1 credit rating, your payment should be around $490 plus tax with about $1,100 total drive off (“zero down”) to cover the fees and first payment. The dealer had jacked up the lease rate.
  • pouli100pouli100 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,

I've been reading your threads and really appreciate all the information you're providing your readers with. I was hoping you might be able to give me some information and maybe some guidance. I'm in the market for a new vehicle. I sold my IS 250, a great car to be sure, but I needed a change of scenery so to speak. Now I'm trying to be prudent about my next purchase. I drive alot of miles (roughly 18,000 per year) so I was under the impression leases may not be the way to go for me. A young man at BMW turned me on to Balloon Financing, an idea I always thought to be of high risk but I've found that I can actually make it work on a base model 3 series (ie. it seems I could cover my balloon plus remaining payments starting at 36 months - that includes the current cash rebate being offered by BMW). What are your thoughts about that? Ideally, I would be driving an A5 right now. However, my sales person told me in all honesty that he could not do less than $1000 off MSRP, the vehicle is just too popular right now. There are no incentives either, as I'm sure you know. He did say that he would sell me an A4 Quattro Premium Plus with Nav at Invoice. So the question is now what car to get and how to structure my deal. I'm torn between the A4 quattro as described above or a 328i sedan with comparable equipment. Can you tell me what the money factor is on both at 36 months and 18,000 miles a year? WIll the figure be the same for the 328i Coupe as it is for the sedan? How would you go about making this deal given my mileage? I'm looking for something between $400 and $500 a month with $5000 down. Is there any other car I should be looking at? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again for providing us with all this information.
    Thanks car_man ! .624% interest , not bad.

DL
    poui100,

lot of miles on a lease. My suggestion is look at BMW European Delivery program. You can save thousands. Depending on your market, you could possibly drive car for 1-2 years, and sell for what you paid. . Also you can negotiate off the ED invoice price. Don't have to accept what they quote on the web site.

Good luck,
    DL
    Does Audi have its ED program? I thought ED is good if you want to take a trip to Europe anyway? Otherwise is it not the same as ordering from the dealership? If so why one can save thousands that way?
  • pouli100pouli100 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks DL,

Interesting suggestion. I had never heard of the European Delivery Program. I will look into it. I'm not quite sure how it works and the website I found doesn't explain how to go about taking part in it. If you have any experience with it, let me know how I should proceed. Thanks again.

JL
    They have a euro delivery -- google audi euro delivery and all will be revealed. Unless you are going to europe and want to have a "free rental" the airfare and lodging will outdo the discount.
  • nshahzadnshahzad Member Posts: 14
    Right now, my commute stands at about 20k a year. I'd like to lease, but the mileage issue - my friend (who is leasing an A4 now with almost 40k on it) says the dealer doesn't care about mileage if you lease another car with them afterwards, meaning you don't have to pay for the overage. Is this true?
  • audia4_buyeraudia4_buyer Member Posts: 1
    which i am planning to sign

msrp: 32650 + 825(delivery charge)
    dealer price after discount: 30900(delivery charge + dmv included)

duration of lease: 36mo,10k/year
    down payment: 5000

monthly: 348(including tax)
    money factor: 0.00092

can anyone let me know if this is a good deal, somehow makes me think i am paying too much monthly despite an upfront payment of 5k

I am surprised by the money factor posted above(0.00046) is this valid for southern california too ?

Any and all advice is welcome
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    says the dealer doesn't care about mileage if you lease another car with them afterwards, meaning you don't have to pay for the overage. Is this true?

Generally... not true..

The car belongs to the bank, not the dealer... over-mileage charges are rarely waived.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Sounds like BS to me. Get them to put it in writing.
    "Generally... not true..

The car belongs to the bank, not the dealer... over-mileage charges are rarely waived."

It is only true if the dealer agrees to buy it from the bank at the end of the lease, like what they do to a trade-in with a balance on it. Of course to do so the car must have a higher resale value than the end of lease payoff at that time.
  • audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52
    An audi dealer near me in MA is claiming the 42 month lease deals are better than 36 month ones. Do you have the money factor and residuals on various mileage (10k/12k/15k) 42 month leases?

Also does audi maintenace plan increase residual value (it did by 1% when I last leased in 2008)

Anyway they claim they will sell a 2010 A4 premium quattro with an MSRP of $36,305 for $32,131 (includes a $1500 audi loyalty discount which is the first I've heard of one that high)

The lease deal is $372 for a 42 month 10k per year with $1995 down ($0 security deposit). Sounds like they are making a bunch more on the lease (over a buy) figuring most people won't buy the car and will lease instead and not know the math to calculate what the car actually cost

I want a 15k, 36 month lease with a .00026 and 50% residual rate appears to gives me a payment of $401 before taxes (using the above msrp and sale price). I have not calculated in any other fees but they have a $199 doc fee and they say about $125 in registration and title fees. Are there any other fees I will need to pay to lease from audi? While I doubt they will go for that cheap of a lease deal, its a starting point and if they are willing to sell outright for that price not sure why they wouldn't lease for the same deal (unless there is some bonus payment from audi if no financing/leasing is done on a car)?
    There is an acquisition fee of around 6-700 dollars. Don't think they can waive that.
    Yes, last time I leased it was $625. Is it still that amount? Roling that amount into lease + another $375 in doc/reg fees brings monthly payment to $429. Do you know if you pay first month up front?
    Unless audi is running a promo with no first payment, you pay 1st month when you sign.
    edited March 2010
    I calculated your payment at $390 plus tax for the 36mo lease, because your $1995 drive off means you are putting nearly $400 down, the balance covers all the fees and your first payment. I would go with the 36mo lease because the 42mo lease means you only get half of the last year's registration worth, depending on how much the registration will be of course.
    Not a bad deal.
    Just got an email from the dealer, says my numbers work except the audi loyalty rebate is only $750 for a lease, not $1500(only on a purchase).Can someone verify?
    Anyway assuming that is true, That brings my payment to $421 but I will need to put a 1000 + first month or I can roll in the $1000 for $449 month + tax, which is what I will likely do.
    Full disclosure- I am turning in my other audi lease- 08 A4 quattro (sport susp., walnut trim, heated seats, 6spd) with 38 k mileage (about 6k more than I should be with 10 months remaining or $1500 @ .25 a mile) with $22,358 payoff. Lease was $407 a month (a no $ down drive off) + tax. Since I'm underwater a bit on this lease mainly due to miles, I have agreeded to give him an additional $1000 to take the car in. If I sold outright I need to take title and pay a $1300 sales tax, so that basically negates any advantage over trading in. So basically for $1000 out of pocket and $43 a month, I dump the overmileage 08 A4 and get a better optioned 2010?

Yes a bit fiscally irresponsbile in the long run but I justify by the 08 would have cost me about $1500 at end of lease, so seems like a small price. I just need to how to keep my miles to 15k or make a decsion to keep the car at lease end (which, funny story, was what I thought I'd do with the '08).
This discussion has been closed.