Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• 1pt21jigowatts1pt21jigowatts Member Posts: 25
    Alright everybody, how'd I do with this possible lease:

2012 A4 Quattro
    Premium Plus
    10k per year
    5 point wheels
    MSRP $39,275
    NEG $37,400

$1939.95 down (covered bank fee, tire tax, doc fee, plates & reg)
    $517 a month
    58 residual
    174 money factor
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome jsediq. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00053 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00073 and 48%.

The only option that you mentioned that has an impact upon this car's lease program is quattro. Adding quattro to an A4 Sedan Premium Plus drops its residual value by 2%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Ah ha. AFS' residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, jackomo. The addition of Audi Care does provide a 1% bump to vehicles' residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tots23. Let's crunch some numbers and see what sort of payment we come up with.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Audi A4 Sedan Premium Plus non-quattro that has an MSRP of $36,625 and a purchase price of $34,500 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $491.

The payment for an otherwise identical 39 month lease would be around $474.

I don't believe that Audi is currently providing support on 48 month leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • millenia98millenia98 Member Posts: 9
    Right now, I’m doing my research for leasing an A4. So, as of now, I’m a walking target (and I hate that I am). We are looking to lease a 2011 Audi A4 premium plus for 36 months (10K miles). Credit score is 710.

In the research I’ve done, the advice I’ve received is to contact 6 local and non-local dealers and ask them for a price on buying an Audi. Then, negotiate with the dealer that gave me the lowest invoice price. THEN tell them I want to lease based on the negotiated price?

Is all of this correct for starters?

Also – as a side note – a few dealers have replied and it seems they are avoiding emailing me quotes. They’re all asking me to come in (of course, to try and sell me) – BUT we’re not wasting time and visiting 6 different dealers only to ask for quote. We have also already test driven the A4 and would prefer to have in-person contact only with the dealer giving the best deal.

Any other help would be greatly appreciate.
  • jsschujsschu Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know what the money factor and residual value is for a 2011 premium plus quattro with 12,000 miles a year for 36 or 39 months?

Any idea if these values will be the same for a 2012 when they come out?
    Thanks in advance.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Not a very good car to lease. get a 39K 328I for 369 a month and ZERO down for 27 months.

DL
  • backstabberbackstabber Member Posts: 14
    I am looking for the same information for a 2012 premium plus quattro. Thanks!
    Hi jsschu. Audi financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00053 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The 39 month numbers for this car are .00073 / 49%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '12 model are .00151 and 58%. The numbers for 39 months are .00171 / 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    Carman,

I'm looking at a 2012 A4 Premium Quattro.

Can I get residuals and money factor based on 10k/year and 36 months?

Thanks
  • binicebinice Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

I am looking to lease a 2011 or 2012 A4 Premium plus quattro with 10k miles per year. Can you tell me the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 and 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year?

Thanks!
  • runofthedillrunofthedill Member Posts: 1
    Just starting the process to lease my first car. I have an 06 honda civic as a trade in with 75k miles on it and would hopefully not have to put any cash down with this trade. Im just looking for a Premium FWD Automatic. Nothing special at all. Say without the trade, does anyone have an point you expect me have to make in payments? If you have any idea with the trade what I should expect to pay a month as well it would be cool. Looking for a 12k 36month loan. If you need any more information, please let me know and I apologize.
  • loud0g40ozloud0g40oz Member Posts: 79
    You've got too many unknown variables right now to get estimates with any accuracy. You should start by visiting the dealer and see what their initial offer is on trade, and see how the cars you are interested are equipped so you have a better idea of the MSRP. You will rarely find a true base model no option A4. To figure out your lease deal, you will need to know these numbers:

MSRP
    sale price
    down payment (trade in value less loan balance)
    lease term
    money factor (can get that here)
    residual value (can also get here)
    I'd be happy to help you out, loud0g40oz. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00151 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi binice. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00151 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00053 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jivarojivaro Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2011
    Hello everyone....

I currently have a 2009 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro on a lease that expires in November. I am considering turning it in now and getting a new 2012 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro. I was wondering if this is possible, and if so, what would the August numbers be for the lease, with 12,000 miles per year. I assume I am still eligible for the loyalty program, since this would be my 3rd consecutive A4 lease from Audi. Also, does anyone have any specifics as to how the current "Summer of Audi Event" would impact the new lease. Perhaps Car_Man can tell me how much a monthly payment would be on this vehicle, assuming a .0825 tax rate and a down payment of $2,000. I know that could vary somewhat, depending upon how much discount I can get off of MSRP, but perhaps I can assume $500(??) over invoice. Credit score is 810. Thank you all for your help.
  • c300buyerc300buyer Member Posts: 4
    Can I get the MF and Residual on a 2012 A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium Quattro
    1) 33 mo, 13k miles
    2) 33 mo, 15k miles
    3) 36 mo, 13k miles
    4) 36 mo, 15k miles
  • nevets8nevets8 Member Posts: 32
    Hi Car_man,

what are the MF and residual numbers for a 2012 A4 Premium with 10K miles, 39 months for top tier?

thanks
  • lsuplanolsuplano Member Posts: 1
    Just wrapped up lease on 2011 A4 Premium with following details:

MSRP: 37,980
    Sales Price: 35,640
    Residual: 54%
    MF: .00153
    $ Down: $3,000
    1st month payment waived
    No deposit
    Monthly payment: $410
    10,000 miles/yr.
    39 months

How did I do?
  • prosenthalprosenthal Member Posts: 5
    What are the August #'s for:

Residual value (%)
    Money Facor (APR)
  • thaydenthayden Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I got a quote for a lease on an 2012 Audi A4 2.0T Premium Sedan with style and convenience package and I was wondering if it was a good deal? MSRP price: 35,675; dealer said he would give me the car for 34,825. He said with 1000 down lease payments would be $541. Interest rate 3.465% on lease (he said this rate includes rent, interest, everything built into it).

I have tried the lease calculators but no way I run the numbers do I get $541/mo for a 36 month lease. I always get a much lower number. I are going to the dealership tomorrow and I was wondering what are the key questions to ask? Secondly, is this even a good deal? Also, for leases is it better to put more or less down? I have read to put as little down as possible because if the car is in an accident, you will never get it back.

Opinions are welcome. This is my first car leasing experience and I considered buying but the dealer kind of talked me into a lease, due to lower payments. Any help is appreciated!

Term of lease would be 36 months/10K miles/1500 down.

Thanks for the help!
    IMHO, this is not a good deal. I was given a quote of $489 (which I didn't take) for a car that my dealer offered for $34,369 after discount. This quote sounds high. As specifically for the money factor, residual percentage and use the ridewithg calculator.
  • alexnyc8888alexnyc8888 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2011
    Hi Car_Man and everyone!
    I have a question:
    I have a 2009 A4 Premium Plus with Navigation lease that is expiring in September. It was a 36 months lease with 12K miles allowance. After 35 months, my car has only 17K miles. The buyout price Audi is offering is 23K, but according to KBB the dealer trade-in value is 26K. I am wondering if I should buy this car from AFS and then sell it as a trade in for higher price to take advantage of all the unused miles. Is this something that is feasible? The car is in great condition, there is just one scratch on the rear bumper. I also want to lease another Audi, but i am not sure how I should approach the dealer if the buy/resell scenario is feasible. I could probably sell it much higher than trade in value to a person, but i do not want to bother with the process.

Thanks a lot!
  • twente20twente20 Member Posts: 5
    May I please have August money factor + residual for 2012 A4 Avant Premium?

Looking for a 12,000 miles per year lease w/ $2,500 down pmt

http://configurator.audiusa.com/acc/aoa-aoa-aoa-eng.view?msk=1#summary
  • jayd4jayd4 Member Posts: 3
    Can I get the August residual and money factor for a 36 (or 39) month lease with 15K miles on a 2012 A4 Premium Plus Quattro Sedan?

Also are there any loyalty rebates available for the 2012's?

Thanks!
    Hi jivaro. Unless your current leased vehicle is worth significantly more than its purchase option price chances are it is going to be fairly expensive for you to get out of your current deal early. You probably would be better off waiting until closer to your scheduled end date to get something new.

Through the "Summer of Audi Event" Audi is currently waiving the first month's payment on leased A4s.

AFS' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00143 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You would indeed be eligible for $750 owner loyalty cash if you lease a new A4.

Car_man
    Host
  • mitzirmitzir Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    I am a first time leaser and I would appreciate your input before I dive in! I am in the process of negotiating a premium plus package with an advanced key and Bang & Olsen sound system.
    They are offering it to me for $42,181.48
    Lease term: 36 months
    Miles = 10,000 a year
    Residual % = 60%
    lease money factor = 0.00185
    $2000 down payment
    monthly payment including tax = $619.94

Is there anywhere that I can make adjustments?

Is this a good deal? Should
    edited August 2011
    Greetings to the inappropriately named c300buyer ;). I'd be happy to help you out. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I haven't seen the numbers for 33 months, but I can look into them for you.

AFS' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    edited August 2011
    Hi nevets8. AFS' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00171 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi alexnyc8888. Used vehicle values are high right now and you have certainly kept the mileage on your car down. There's definitely a good chance that you can turn a profit on it. See if the dealer is willing to work with you. If not, you can always buy your car and sell it to a place like CarMax. Doing so would keep you from having to deal with the general public.

Car_man
    Host
    You certainly may twente20. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A4 Avant Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00142 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go jayd4. AFS' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00171 and 55%.

Audi is currently waiving the first month's payment and providing $750 loyalty cash on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mitzir. The money factor that you were quoted looks to be a little on the high side. AFS' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A4 Avant is only .00142 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the dealer uses this rate to calculate your car's payment.

I'd be happy to give you my opinion on this car's selling price, but it would be much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide me with its full MSRP first. That will show me how large a dealer discount you are being given.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayd4jayd4 Member Posts: 3
    Your help is greatly appreciated!
  • mcfortymcforty Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Question I have a lease deal and I don't know if it's good. I know I have friends who always seem to get leases cheaper than mine.
    I want to lease an Audi A4 2011 (yes) Quattro with premium plus and sport package
    MSRP 40,145
    My price $38,537
    Residual Value 20,875
    Money Factor .00158 (tier c)
    36 months
    $4,000 down
    Payment $553.19 (8.25% sales tax - live in CA - payment includes sales tax)
    This also includes audi 1 month free ($553.19 - put over all payments) Is that the best to do with Audi first month free?
    DMV fees $379 + $7.85
    Acquisition fee - $695
    $45 other fee
    Something about only $2700 of my payment going toward cap cost reductions because of drive off.

Is this a good deal??
    what about the rates for NON Quattro?
  • mitzirmitzir Member Posts: 2
    The full MSRP is 43750. Thanks for your input!
  • rrocksrrocks Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2011
    Car_Man-

I'm new to leasing and would appreciate what you think on this lease: 2011 A4 Quattro Premium (Bluetooth, Ipod, tips) MSRP $37,060, agreed on price, $35,352, 36 months 12K miles, residual value 55% with Audi Care $20,383, money factor .00120, $5K down (I know people usually say don't put much down...long story) - Audi picked up first month- payment $403 +tax = $433.99. I'm happy with the car and the treatment at the dealer, but I'm trying to learn more about leasing and am wondering if I missed anything. (e.g. what is a cap reduction tax -- $281.47). Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    what is a cap reduction tax -- $281.47

That is the sales tax on the down payment..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• audiaudi2audiaudi2 Member Posts: 1
    Car man - I just got back from a local dealership and before I commit, wanted to get your thoughts:

I am looking at a well-optioned 2012 A4 avant (prem plus) with an MSRP of $43,685. They have agreed to a price of $40,451 (after loyalty payment, first months payment and other negotiations). They have agreed to a 59% residual and admit that Audi is offering 0.00142 as a money factor, but will only give me a money factor of 0.00167. Other upfront fees include: upfront sales tax of $169, first year fees of $393, and a loan origination fee of $740 (which they claim comes from audi finance).

I have several questions about this deal. First, is this a good price (basically 2% over invoice, less loyalty and first months payment)? Second, should I walk over the dealer's refusal to give me the lowest money factor, or are they entitled to keep some of the spread? Seems to me that they are not. Third, are all of these fees legitimate? I live in Northern California. Thanks.
  • chiaudiguychiaudiguy Member Posts: 15
    fairly new to leasing... my a4 lease is up nov 2011, and i honestly would be just as
    happy getting a good deal on a new 2011 a4 as a new 2012.

first, although i'm sure it CAN be done, will i still get screwed on "penalties"?

second, how much are these penalties likely to be? or, would the deal i'd likely get on the last of the 2011 models make eating the penalty worthwhile?

third, i'm actually right now at the 36k mileage (12k/year) that i signed up for. when i did the math initially, i figured it would be cheaper to pay for the extra 3000 miles i figured i'd put on by then, rather than opting for the 45k (15k/year) offer. if i turn the car in now, i guess i wouldn't have to pay for those 3000 miles... does this make turning it in early any better of a deal?

THANK YOU!
  • bwong06bwong06 Member Posts: 43
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for responding to my request in the MB C-class thread. If it isnt too much to ask, may I also get the 36 month lease numbers on a 2012 A4 Premium Quattro with 12k miles.

Thanks Again!
    You're very welcome jayd4.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rrocks. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

The money factor that you were quoted is way too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A4 Sedan Premium quattro is only .00053 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure the dealer doesn't charge you any more than that.

Having said that, the selling price that you were quoted for this car looks good. Just get the money factor issue straightened out (and skip the down payment) and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • rrocksrrocks Member Posts: 13
    Thanks, Car man. And thanks to kyfdx for explaining the tax.
  • 1pt21jigowatts1pt21jigowatts Member Posts: 25
    Hi all,

Pulled the trigger about 3 weeks ago on a 2012 A4 Quattro, auto with the Premium and 5 point wheels (MSRP $41k?). I paid $1209 down for taxes/title/tages/fees (Summer of Audi promo picked up the first payment) with a $515 per month payment for a 36 month 10k per year lease. Great sales rep at Paul Miller Audi in NJ by the name of Peter Wendell. Tell him Sean M. referred you.

Good luck!
  • jsetoxjsetox Member Posts: 15
    Just got the below lease deal from Audi of Meadowlands in NJ. Let me know if I can do better.

Audi A4 2012 Quattro Premium with Heated Seats, All Weather Mats and Trunk Liner, Dark Walnut Trim, Convenience Package, Style Package.

MSRP: $38,575
    My price: $36,320
    Residual Value: $22,373.50 or 58%
    Money Factor: .00171
    39 months
    10k/Year
    $2,995 down
    Payment $466.17 (8.625% sales tax - zip 11010 - payment includes sales tax total of $1,628.02)
    This also includes audi 1 month free ($466.17 - put over all payments) Is that the best to do with Audi first month free?

What do you guys think?

Also CARMAN please provide the AFS MF and residual value for a 39 month lease for the 2012 A4 Premium with Quattro with 10k/year. I have top tier credit.

Thanks Johnny
    Hi audiaudi2. The selling price that you were quoted looks reasonable to me. The money factor mark-up would rub me the wrong way though. Obviously it would be better to get the price that you were quoted without any mark-up. Dealers are allowed to mark up money factors if they so choose, but if there is another Audi dealer in your area that's willing to lease you this car at the same price with no mark-up then you should go with them.

As far as the fees go, Audi Financial Services charges a $695 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. The rest of the fees that you mentioned look like state fees to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi chiaudiguy. Generally speaking, unless a manufacturer is running some sort of official early lease termination program it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. By the time your lease is up you may find that the lease deals on the 2012 models are similar to what the leases are like on the 2011 models right now. Having said that, it's difficult to predict exactly what automakers will do with their future incentives.

The fact that you will likely exceed your mileage allowance should factor into the equation. At $0.25/mile you're looking at saving a $750 penalty by not putting those $3,000 miles on your car. You can always place a call to AFS to see how much it would cost you to get out of your car now and compare that to the excess mileage cost.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.