Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• dl7265dl7265 Posts: 1,381
    You own the car.You can sell it at any time. (could be upside down of course) Last spring when we were shopping the MF of the Premier purchase was higher than the Lease offers by good bit. That is a decent discount on the sales price in TX. Where are you shopping at ?

DL
  • aka5aka5 Posts: 24
    Thank you very much for getting back to me. I will let you know what happens. Once again, thank you.
  • You;re very welcome, Max. Changing the mileage allowance from 12,000 to 15,000 miles per year would not have any impact upon your car's money factor, but its residual value would be 2% lower.

It definitely wouldn't hurt to shop around a little bit. By doing so, you are more likely to get the best possible deal on the car that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hey Dude :shades: . If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 3.0 Cabriolet through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00235 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi 5510xi. The numbers that I provided you with are correct for a lease through Audi Financial Services for a consumer who pays a security deposit and AFS' $575 acquisition fee. AFS will waive the security deposit waived in exchange for a .00015 money factor increase and the acquisition fee for a .00050 money factor increase. If you are being asked to pay both of these items at lease signing, the dealer that you are working with is most likely marking your car's money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. You should be able to get them to lease you this car using the base money factor if you confront them with AFS' factor.

Most banks that lease luxury vehicles give lessees the option to make multiple security deposits on vehicles. These banks hold onto your additional deposits for the duration of your lease. They do not pay you interest on your deposit, but instead they reduce the money factor that is used to calculate the interest portion of your lease payment by a certain amount for each additional deposit.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi edwardsf. Dealers definitely CAN change vehicles' lease money factors by marking them up to add additional profit to deals, but they CANNOT alter banks' published residual values.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're very welcome, skenterprises. The main difference between Audi Financial Services' lease and balloon note programs, other than the differences that I mentioned earlier, is that it uses money factors to calculate the interest portion of lease payments and interest rates to calculate the interest portion of balloon note payments. Your option to purchase your leased vehicle should be about the same, regardless of whether you lease or get a balloon note on it. I don't believe that multiple security deposits are available on balloon notes, but I am not positive that this is the case. You will have to ask your dealer to find out for certain.

Car_man
    Host
  • No problem, aka5. Thanks for offering to let us all know how things turn out.

Car_man
    Host
  • edwardsfedwardsf Posts: 188
    Thanks, you da (Car)man. Regarding AFS's current deals:

1) 24 month. You cited the AFS MF (.00080) and the Residual (69% - CVT or 70% - Quattro). So given that the dealer can mess with anything but the residual, does this mean that they can move the MF up or down and then add a down payment on to that?

2) Regarding the down payment (e.g. $999 for the 36 month lease), can I tell them that I will gladly pay a MSD of $999, instead of a down payment? My understanding is both will reduce the monthly payment but I actually get back the MSD at then end of the lease!
  • aka5aka5 Posts: 24
    Hi Car man,
    I spoke with the car salesman today! He told me the car will be here in February. When i signed for the car it was $36,987(buying price) A4 white,sunroof pckg Quattro,tiptronic,tech + bluetooth and nav. Out of pocket $2200 put down in order to get monthly payment down to $433 incl 7% tax (FL.)At the time the MF was 1.39,residual 75%, 12,000 miles per year but thinking about doing it on 15,000 per year, 2 yr lease. Is this right? Also if i do it on 15,000 miles per year how much would the monthly payment be please? I have an Audi A4 1999 White Quattro,tiptronic,52,500 miles,one previous owner,transferable warranty,leather ,tape + 10 disc CD. Full maintenance history,done by Audi and new turbo done by Audi too,new tyres too. I have really looked after this car. I put it in Auto trader for $11,500 but if it comes down to trading it in, how nmuch do you think i should get for it, please Car man? I know this is a lot of info to ask for and you are very very busy but help me out please Car man. :confuse:
  • lednameledname Posts: 23
    I'm in interested in a 2.0T Quattro 6-Speed Manual with a 1 year lease (or 2 year if I can't get a 1 year). I'm looking for something like 18K Miles per year. If anyone knows details for this kind of lease, please post. Not sure if it matters but I would add Navi, Premium, Cold, Technology (w/ BT), Aduio (Sirius), and Parktronic.

Thanks in advance.
  • So if the vehicle has a sticker of 52,960 what would a 36 month lease be 12k mile/yr ?
  • kupe15kupe15 Posts: 7
    36 month lease on A4 2.0T w/sunroof package. Sticker $33,600, Agreed price of $32,250, 56% residual value, .0008mf, 15K miles w/no down payment. Final Lease payment including tax/interest = $438.86. There is a $375 security deposit, 1st mo payment and $575 acquisition fee payable at signing for a total of $1338.86 due at signing. Can't get them to move any more. What do you think??
  • Could someone confirm the residual for a 2006 A4 2.0T Quattro sedan with a lease of 3 years, 15,000 miles? I currently have it as 59%, but wanted to confirm that residual before my car arrives next month.

Thanks,
    Luke
  • Sticker price $31560 on Audi A4 2.0 CVT

if i negotiate the purchase price to $30200

I want 0 down, 15k miles per year, and 36 months

what should my lease payment be before tax?

Thanks
  • I went to the dealer today and he said the money factor is .00125 and residual is 55 on an Audi A4 2.0 CVT with 15k miles per year and 36 months

are those fair numbers?

the car sticker was $32035 with a selling price of $31235

1537.97 due at signing and a monthly payment of $448 including tax

is this a fair deal?
  • mdanemdane Posts: 10
    Do you have the MF, residuals, security deposit, and acquisition fees for this car. Assume 2 year, 10k miles.

Thanks.
  • I went to the dealer today and he said the money factor is .00125 and residual is 55 on an Audi A4 2.0 CVT with 15k miles per year and 36 months

are those fair numbers?

the car sticker was $32035 with a selling price of $31235

1537.97 due at signing and a monthly payment of $448 including tax

is this a fair deal?
  • Here's what Audi's site says:

2006 A4 2.0 T CVT Sedan
    $349 per month
    36-month lease*
    Amount due at lease inception $2,273 (incl $999 down pmt.)
    The MSRP is $31,560.
    Can anyone please tell me the MF and residual for this lease?
    Thanks!
  • dlzdlz Posts: 4
    I just got the following lease deal on the A4 Cabriolet 3.0L Quattro, with Premium package, Bose audio w/XM radio, heated rear seats, in Light Silver metallic:

MSRP $49,735 (as configured)
    Capitalized cost $45,770, plus $1,741 sales tax (NY 7.375%)
    10,000 miles per year, .00235 money factor, 61% residual
    Monthly payment: $660 including tax
    Upfront:
    1st month ($660)
    Security deposit ($675)
    Dealer fee ($399)
    Bank fee ($575)
    Title/registration, etc. ($130)

Seems like a a good deal...any thoughts?
  • ca_manca_man Posts: 23
    Hi Car_Man or kyfdx,

I am considering getting my next Audi ...
    I didn't realize that you could pay MSD's with Audi just like BMW ... How much does paying the MSD's affect the MF ?
    Is there a limit to the amount you can pay as MSD ?
    Also, can the MSD be combined with the promotional lease factors like the ones that exist on the 2.0T quattro?

Thanks for your all your help ! :D
  • Received this quote today, after casually looking at an A4 Avant 2.0T (Dakar Beige, Premium and Sunroof Packages). The car was a Dec. delivery car so no $600 price increase for ones shipped after Jan. 1. Based on a $35,660 price (dealer took $1000 off $36,660 MSRP) - Again I did not start the negotiation process, this was given to me as probably what they'd tell anybody:

36 months
    12,000 miles/year
    Residual 58%
    MF .00115
    Down Payment $0
    Acquisition Fee $575.00
    Fees & Insurance $394.00 ($239 documentation fee / $155 new plates fee)
    Upfront taxes: $58.14
    Base Monthly Payment: $465.38/month
    Monthly Payment w/ state tax (6%): $493.30
    First Payment Due upfron: $493.30
    Total Upfront: $1520.44 ($493.30+575+394+58.14)

For 15,000 miles per year, monthly fee is $514 including tax.

Any thoughts on how this looks, and whether vehicle price can be negotiated down?

Thx.
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Posts: 139
    Avants are pretty rare. 1000 off sticker is a decent deal. There's only about 2500 in the sticker.
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Posts: 139
    You can do up to 9 MSDs. Each security deposit lowers the MF by .0005 I think.....Yes, they can be combined with promotional rates. Its a great idea if you have the extra cash laying around.
  • Are MSD's a set amount of $ each? I will ask the dealer for more details tomorrow.
  • You're welcome, edwardsf. Yes, dealers often have the authority to "mark-up" vehicle's lease money factors to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. Now that you know what this car's buy rate lease money factor is, you should be able to avoid this.

Many banks allow lessees to make multiple security deposits on leased vehicles, with each additional deposit buying down the money factor by a certain amount. The nice thing about making multiple security deposits is that assuming your vehicle is in good shape and you do not exceed your mileage allowance you actually get it back and the end of your lease. I am not sure what Audi Financial Services' exact policy on MSDs is. You need to check with your dealer to find out if it accepts them and if so how they impact your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ledname. Audi Financial Services is one of the few captive finance companies that has a decent one year lease program. Having said that, with any twelve month lease you are going to have a pretty high monthly payment because you will have to pay for a TON of depreciation. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T with quattro through AFS right now for 12 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 72%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • That depends upon what this car's selling price is. Always remember dude that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. I'd be happy to estimate what this car's lease payment should be like right now for you if you provide me with an estimated selling price for the exact model that you are considering. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it right now by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings Luke. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello slaughter5111. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T without quattro with an MSRP of $31,560 and a selling price of $30,200 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $393.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.