Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• motismotis Posts: 3
    I have a 2012 A4 PP Quattro to buy or lease and would appreciate input and opinions on the lease terms I've been quoted:
    MRSP 40,800
    Cap cost 38,100 (including Audi's $1,000 incentive)
    30,000 miles in 36 mos.
    Money Factor .00125
    56% residual value
    Administration/acquisition fee 700
    Document/dealer fee 500
    (Are these two fees typically rolled into the lease payment?)

Are these terms reasonable? If cash flow is not a problem, would I be better off to buy or lease?
    Finally, are Audi's leasing terms changing this month?
    Thanks for the help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Sorry to hear about the scrape, laurarose1. I'm sure that is frustrating so close to turning your vehicle back in. Look at the bright side...better your old car than the brand new one that you're about to get :). I personally would lean towards turning the car in with the damage or seeing if the dealer would be willing to work with you on taking it in as a trade rather than fixing the car before returning it.

Yes, Audi did just publish its new May lease program. You never mentioned what car you are interested in, so for now I will assume that you want a 2012 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium without quattro. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of this car with 15,000 miles per year are .00016 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi motis. Unless your credit is not in very good shape, the money factor that you were quoted for this car is outrageous. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor for a 2012 A4 2.0T Sedan Premium Plus with quattro is only .00026. It looks like the dealer that you are working with is marking your car's money factor up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to your deal. Make sure to get them to use the buy rate that I mentioned to calculate your car's payment.

As far as this car's selling price goes, it's not horrible...but it's not great either.

If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I think that you can do better than this.

Car_man
    Host
  • gerrysalmegerrysalme Posts: 8
    Hi Car_Man and kyfdx-
    2012 A4 Premium Plus with Navigation, 12k/year, 36 months
  • aquanautaquanaut Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am new here and to leasing.

Hope someone can help.

I am interested in leasing a 2012 A4 Premium Plus with Navigation,parking sensors and decorative wood.
    MSRP $43,150.

What is the risidual and money factor for this car currently? I have top credit.

How much should I be expeting to pay a month with tax and with $0 down in NYC (just the regular out of pocket fees).

Thanks!
    Hi gerrysalme. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome aquanaut. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Premium Plus Sedan without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00016 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This car's lease payment will depend upon what its selling price is. Let' say that you were able to negotiate a $2,000 dealer discount on this car. The zero down, pre-tax monthly payment on one with an MSRP of $43,150 would be around $542.

Car_man
    Host
  • jmorgansjmorgans Posts: 2
    I have been told by two Audi dealers that the 42 month leases are currently a better deal than 36, though they did not give me the money factors and residuals. Can anyone tell me the current MF and residual for a 2012 A4 Premium Plus for a 42 and 36 month lease, 12000 miles/year? Thanks.
  • ihitcowsihitcows Posts: 46
    How's about a 42-month lease?
    2012 A4 FWD, 15k?
  • What's your opinion on third party leasing companies like AutoFlex and D&M? I have an A4 on the table with the premium plus package MSRP of $38,400 sales price of $35,600 for 42 months, residual of 44%, 15,000 miles a year with first payment and $500 down at a payment of $591.90?
    Hi jmorgans. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A5 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00026 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00046 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ihitcows. AFS' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 A4 2.0 Sedan Premium FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi steelers_fan. I don't see how an independent company could provide a lease program on the A4 that is attractive as the supported one that Audi is currently running. I suspect that you would be able to get a lower payment through Audi Financial Services.

Car_man
    Host
  • discostewdiscostew Posts: 25
    Hi Car Man,

The deal I am looking at is for a 2012 Avant, Premium Plus w options. MSRP $ 45,250. $43,250 selling price (excluding fees, tax, or Aqui fee). They have quoted .0007 mf and 52% residual. It looks like there might be a $750 lease rebate out there? I have top credit. What is the base May rates for mf and residuals? Can you confirm the $750 rebate?

Thanks so much!
  • discostewdiscostew Posts: 25
    Sorry! The above is for 36 months 12k year.
    I apologize Car_Man but the vehicle is a Quattro not FWD.
  • cal2000cal2000 Posts: 10
    edited May 2012
    Dear CAR MAN,

Can you please provide me with MFs and Residuals for the A4 Premium Plus Quattro for the following lease terms?
    -36 mo; 10k/yr
    -36 mo; 12k/yr
    -36 mo; 15k/yr

Thank you much!
  • laurarose1laurarose1 Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for this info Car_man! :) Where do I send the chocolate chip cookies? As a follow-up: I went to the dealer today (after having read all of Edmund's materials on leasing). By the way, I understand that my 2009 Audi A4 2.0 T Sedan Premium had $2,500 in equity. Happy about that, I told them I wanted to lease a new 2012 A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium Quattro w/options (Style, Conv, exhaust tip). Try as I may, I couldn't negotiate as I would have liked. He negotiated the price down low; but would not give me info on MF and residual. He talked about 52% and a MF of .00191 at one point (MF sounds high); however, in the long run, he would only talk about monthly payments. I was with the wonderfully nice, but SMART, guy for a good 5 hours looking at different cars and options (no break, no food, blood sugar quickly declining!). I had my computer and spreadsheet and was crunching away with numbers. His final "Hail Mary" was $448/mo (out the door - zero down, everything rolled up - supposedly included the deduction of my 2009 Audi equity and the $750 loyalty). I told him it sounded great but couldn't seal the deal on an empty stomach. I couldn't figure out too well how they did their calculations; plus, it wasn't the color I wanted. I want Black and cardamom. He wanted to sell me what was in their inventory: Moonlight/Black. I came home just now and saw the car in the color I wanted in the inventory of a dealer that is 30 miles away. Help! Do I go to that dealership and go through the same ordeal? Is there a better way? :) Thanks in advance!
    Hi discostew. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Avant Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00035 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. As you can see, the money factor that you were quoted is a little high.

Audi is currently providing a $750 cash incentive to current owners and lessees of its vehicles who lease a new one. There is also a $1,000 cash incentive to current owners of select competitive models.

Car_man
    Host
    The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem gerrysalme. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00026 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello cal2000. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factors for leases with 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual values would be 2% higher.

The 10k residuals are 3% higher than the 15k residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome laurarose1. Hmmmm cookies :). It sounds like you did well standing your ground during negotiations. Unfortunately, there isn't any better way to get a deal done if you want a vehicle that is at a different dealer than to start the negotiating process all over again. I suppose that you could always try to get the dealer that you're working with to swap for the vehicle that you want, but they may not be interested in doing so at the price that they quoted you.

Car_man
    Host
  • chag079chag079 Posts: 1
    Hi guys,

Im new to the site and am looking to lease an Audi A4. I will primarily use the car on weekends as I live in Nj but commute to work via public transportation to NY. My wife and I currently average about 6,000 miles a year on our current vehicle. Below is the offer the dealer made:

2012 Audi A4 Premium Plus with Quattro Engine- automatic

MSRP: $40,4000
    Sale Price:$36,946.33
    Lease term : 42 months (10,000 miles per year)
    Residual: 51%
    MF: .00017
    NJ Taxes:$1,418.32
    Documentary Fee:$249.00 (MV Processing and Clerical Fee)
    Total due at signing: $1,817.93 which includes the first month's payment
    $0 Money down and monthly payment of $450.00

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated
  • laurarose1laurarose1 Posts: 3
    Thanks! Do you have residual and MF on the 2012 A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium Quattro?
    edited June 2012
    Thank you for the help Car_Man. I have to pull the trigger this month (lease is up). What is the money factor and the residual value for the month of June on a 2012 A4 Premium Plus Quattro 2.0 with 12k/year 36 months?

Thank you again.
  • Hello,

Apologies in advance if this topic has been discussed -- I'm not the best at using the search function in this forum.

I have a 2010 A4 Premium Plus (manual, sport package, rear side airbags, audicare) that is ending a 36-month lease in August 2012. Does anyone know what I can expect for terms of a 24 or 36-month re-lease if I call Audi Financial Services to discuss? One area where I have some flexibility is mileage (I'm well under -- likely to finish around 28K with a 36K allowance.) Also, anyone have any experience/sense of how negotiations go with AFS on these sorts of deals?

Thanks in advance!

AW
  • the412the412 Posts: 3
    hi, can you please give me the lease rates for the following A4, automatic:

FWD, premium, 12k miles
    quattro premium plus, 12k miles

THANKS!
    I do laurarose1. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00026 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem gerrysalme. Audi's May lease program for this car is scheduled to run through July 5th. I haven't seen any changes for June yet.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.