Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello tank12. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you have a significant amount of equity in your vehicle you might be able to use that to your advantage in negotiations with a different dealer at lease-end, but don't assume that is going to happen because it usually is not the case.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi tank12. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Audi A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00064 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings madhureloaded. I don't know any specific Virginia dealers that are good, but I can tell you how leasing works. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bajaudia4. Please see my previous posts for the information that you are looking for. Audi Financial Services' residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • maverick2coolmaverick2cool Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2012
    Hi Car_man,

This my first time leasing a car. I am looking to lease Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Tiptronic in Seattle, WA area.

Below are specs.

Ext. Color: Phantom Black Pearl Effect
    Int. Color: S Line Black
    Audi Connect
    IPOD Cable for Audi Music Interface
    S Line Sports Package
    Prestige Package

Dealer Gave me following figures
    Estimated Total MSRP $48670
    Residual Value: 49%
    Money Factor is 0.00124.
    Miles/Year 10000

Does this sound correct? Based on your previous posts looks like Money factor is way too much? Right?

Thanks
    Mav.

• NormWNormW Member Posts: 16
    Hey guys... just wanted to get an idea of what you think about this lease offer?

2013 Audi A4 - Premium 2.0T Automatic CVT
    Options:
    -Convenience package
    -Lighting package
    -Wheel locks
    -Chrome exhaust tips

MSRP: $35,735

Trade in equity on my old A5: -$500
    Audi loyalty: -$1000

Negotiated price with incentives and trade-in: $31,300

Audi care: +$820

FINAL NEGOTIATED PRICE INCLUDING AUDI CARE: $32,120

42-month lease
    52% residual
    10k miles/yr
    .00071 money factor
    $695 acq fee

Residual: $18,582
    $0 security deposit, $0 down, $0 drive-off (walk off the lot paying nada)

Monthly payment: $376 (includes CA 8.75%)

Should I pull the trigger?
    Thanks,
    Mike
  • NormWNormW Member Posts: 16
    Just a correction to the above...
    $32,120 final price does NOT include the trade in
    The $500 trade-in is going towards the cap-reduction/up front cost

Thanks!
    Welcome Mav. You're right, the money factor that you were quoted is indeed too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36-month lease of this car is only .00064 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • itsbrittitsbritt Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,

Have the leasing rates and details changed since December on a 2013 A4 Premium Plus quattro? This will be by first time getting a car on my own and I want to go there with some insight. I would like a 36 month lease, 15,000 miles with a convenience and lighting package. Do you know what the spread is on that? Also, what are the lease rates for it?

Thanks,

Brit
  • csimmssucsimmssu Member Posts: 2
    First post guys and been reading a lot on here. I am looking at a 2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus with Navigation and with smart key and in phantom black.

MSRP at $41,195
    36 mo lease with 15,000 miles
    Cost:
    $3,000 down
    $499/mo

Any insight on if this is a good deal? I am currently in another lease for my current car with 2 payments remaining ($750 total) but am also about $900 over my mileage. Car is in good condition and am thinking I will try and get Audi to buy that car out and that way I won't get stuck with final 2 payments or the mileage costs.
    But wanted to get opinions on the current lease and if that sounded like a good deal? Thanks!
    Hey Brit. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00069 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You can look up the exact MSRP and dealer invoice price for this car over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunnds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome csimmssu. The easiest way for me to evaluate this deal is to take a look at this car's selling price relative to its full MSRP. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Knowing the selling price makes it easier to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given an in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know and I'm sure that myself or another knowledgeable community member will tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man,

I am a recent graduate so this is my first time getting a car on my own and I don't have a lot of significant credit history. I went to an Audi dealership in Houston and this is the deal they offered me for an A4 Sedan Premium FWD 2.0T CVT.

Lighting Package
    Convenience Package
    Audi Care

Lease for 42 months w/ 12,000 miles
    Adj Cap Cost - $32,126.40
    $6000 down
    Money Factor - .00120
    Monthly Payments - $398.92

Would you consider this a good deal?

Thanks for your help!
    I forgot to add that it was a 50% residual.
  • ykangykang Member Posts: 88
    It makes sense if you put down $1000 not $6000. You better stay away from them. How is your credit history? Maybe you don't have stellar credit history yet?
    That's including taxes, title, license, and fees. My credit is ok. I just don't have very much.
  • thairsthairs Member Posts: 12
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to see how my lease offer looks when compared to your guys' results:

2013 Audi A4 premium plus
    Monsoon grey ext.
    MMI
    Advanced key
    Sport pckg
    MSRP = $44,910
    Residual = 55%, $24,948
    12k / 36 month lease

Money factor = .00069
    Security deposit waived
    $675 deposit + $665.91 first payment = total down of $1,340.91 at signing
    Base monthly payment = $618.16 + tax = $665.91

Look like a good deal to you guys? I'm planning on pulling the trigger soon...

Thanks for the help!!
  • isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2013
    What is the negotiated sales price? You should be aiming for only a few hundred over invoice, which is $41,830; even less if the car is on the lot.

What other fees are beng charged and rolled into the lease? Payments seem very high to me based on that MF and residual. Using invoice as a sale price, a down payment/deposit of $675, and standard lease acquistion fee of $695 and your posted MF and residual, I get payments of $519 BEFORE sales tax.

If I run the same numbers using MSRP as the sales price, I get $603 per month BEFORE sales tax. DO NOT pay MSRP for this car!
    I haven't done any other negotiating other than standard emails with the sales person (I'm away from home on a work trip), I figure I'll go into the dealership to start talking about a better deal.

Here's the exact car that the sales person was basing the numbers off of:
    http://www.audirenotahoe.com/new/Audi/2013-Audi-A4-56c41ff90a0a006401cc32101d15b- e0f.htm

Thanks for the help!
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    Considering the fact that I have lease numbers for a $63K Mercedes E350 that are $600/month with 15K/year and $1095 drive off...I'd say those numbers you got for a car that is almost $20K less are pretty poor.
  • isles1isles1 Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2013
    I agree the numbers he was quoted on the A4 are bad, but tell the whole story on your MB lease (incentives, trade-in, pre-owned, sales demo, state with no sales tax, employee/supplier discount, etc.) Your monthly payment number is far too low to make sense given the MSRP and typical sales price of that car.
    OK thanks for the input guys, I'm going to talk with the sales person some more to try and get a better deal, I'll keep you guys posted with the outcome...
  • ykangykang Member Posts: 88
    Your lease deal was almost identical to mine except mine included Audi Care and Excessive Wear & Tear Coverage. I put $3000 down and monthly payment including tax is $490 for 36 month. You have lots of room to negotiate.
    edited January 2013
    The details of the MB E350 deal:

MSRP: $62.8K
    Selling Price: $52.9K ($4K winter sales event, $4K USAA discount, plus a bit more off)
    24 months / 15K miles per year
    Drive off: $1159 (sorry, misquoted this amount in previous post)
    Monthly payment: $565 plus CA tax = $615/month

Bottom line: a MB E350 is one of the most attractive leases out there right now, at least until the Winter Sales event ends at the end of Jan. This deal came from MB of Long Beach. I didn't sign on it (as much as I want to) because I am still in another lease right now.
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Hey Guys,
    Just helped my friend get this deal on a 2013 Audi A4 2.0TQ Premium Plus with Automatic transmission. I still think he should have gone with the Mercedes C300 4-matic for the money but he loved the styling of the A4. Only options are the Premium Plus and Navigation with an MSRP of $42,745 and selling price of $38,234 including the $1,000 conquest rebate of $1,000. 36 month term, 12,000 miles per year .00069 money factor and 55% residual with just inception fees at signing. See the details below...

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying LLC WD Deal ID: 21054
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 AUDI A4 8K252A 4dr Sdn 2.0T quattro Prem Plus AT w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 36
    Base Payment 451.61
    Total Payment 451.61
    Purchase Option 23,859.75
    MSRP 42,745.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Disposition Fee 350.00
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 451.61
    Acquisition Fee 695.00
    Fees & Insurance 247.50
    Upfront Taxes 1,255.81
    Total Inception Fees 2,649.92

Total Cash Required on Delivery 2,649.92

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 56.79 7.3750 Upfront
    Upfront Tax 1,199.02 7.3750 Upfront

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 150.00 Upfront
    Insp 10.00 Upfront
    Title 12.50 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
  • hyeteckhyeteck Member Posts: 18
    How does this A4 deal sound?

2013 Audi A4 2.0T FWD
    - Premium Plus
    - Glacier White
    - Sports Package
    - Polished exhaust
    - Wheel locks
    - Audi Care

MSRP: $39,060
    Agreed Upon Sale Price: $35,439
    Term: 36 Months
    Miles: 12,000/year
    Money Factor: 0.00049
    Total Drive off: $3,000 (includes first month payment)
    Payment: $412/mo + tax
    Residual Value: $21,092

I did NOT qualify for any rebates (new owner appreciate, loyalty, etc..)
    9% off MSRP seems good. Personally, I would strive for zero drive off. $3000 down is a lot of money, especially if you total the car the next day...all that money evaporates into thin air.
    edited January 2013
    Hi again guys, so got back from the dealer and here are the figures we have so far:

2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus
    MSRP: $45,360
    Initial Cap Cost: $44,000
    L.E.V. %: 55
    L.E.V.: $24,948
    Term: 36 month
    MF: .00069
    Customer cash down: $1,340
    Total Sales Tax: $1,690
    Total Add. Cap Cost: $1,093
    Adjusted Cap. Cost: 45,093
    Base monthly rental: $607.91
    Security Deposit: $675
    Total Initial Fees: 28.25
    Total Working Cash: $1,340.12
    Cap. Tax: 7.7250 %

Amount Due at start: $1,358.12
    Total Monthly Payment: $654.87

How does this look? Copied these values directly from the quote worksheet the CA provided for me. I feel like the intial cap cost could be lower to get closer to invoice, and Customer cash down I assume is coming from the security deposit + 1st month payment and initial fees etc....Does the residual/LEV % look a little low too?

Thanks for the help guys!!
  • rmemoryrmemory Member Posts: 1
    Here's a deal offered to me today:

2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus with Auto trans, Nav, floor mats and chrome exhaust tips

MSRP $43035
    Cap cost $41900
    Trade in value $2700 ($11000 value - $8300 owed on current loan)
    Cash due at signing $1658 ($43 Tax on credit + $125 DMV + $499.66 first payment + $695 bank fee + $295 "other" fee)
    Money Factor .00089
    Residual 54%
    Sales tax 6.25%
    Monthly payment $499.66 for 36 months/10,000 miles per year

Cap cost reduction includes $1000 new customer rebate.

I think that I can do better on both the final price and the money factor. Am I right?
  • rookzrookz Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Here's an offer I have right now. No solid details yet because the car isn't at the dealership yet, but I have some basic info. Please let me know how this looks.

2013 Audi A4, Premium Plus, quattro, Nav, B&O Sound System, Sport Package, Audi Advanced Key, and a bunch of other smaller stuff.

MSRP on it is $43,935.
    I am offered a $550 monthly payment with $3500 (first month payment, license fees and all that stuff included) down for 42 months. How does that sound?
  • poundsinepoundsine Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I'm looking into leasing a 2013 Audi Allroad Premium Plus w/ MMI Navigation. The lease is for 36 months, 10,000 mi/year.

The MSRP is $47,870, and I negotiated the final price down to $44,481 by showing the salesman the TrueCar value. This is actually lower than the supplier discount that I would've received as a "friend/family" of Audi.

The money factor I was quoted was 0.00077, which seems pretty low but I've noticed on the forums that some folks were getting as low as 0.0006 from Audi. The thing I'm really curious about is -- I was quoted a residual factor of 56% even though I'm only driving 10,000 mi/year. Is this the right residual factor?

So the final numbers come out to:
    47870 MSRP
    44481 Final sale price
    695 Acquisition fee
    80 document fee
    418 DMV fee
    8.75 State tire fee
    -1000 Loyalty rebate
    602.23 Driveoff (or 1st month's payment)
    602.23 monthly

Car_man, I wanted to double check on the ResFactor and MoneyRate for Feb 2013. And get your take on whether this was a good deal.

Also, wanted to get people's take on whether or not AudiCare was a good purchase if you're leasing the car for 3 years and driving less than 10,000 miles a year. I know the first scheduled maintenance is at 5,000 miles and that's free even if you don't have Audi Care (it's covered by the warrantee). But I'd then have to pay out of pocket for the checkups at 10,000 and 20,000 miles. I'm getting a quote for the AudiCare for $850. That's probably somewhat negotiable, but I'm wondering if it's worth the effort if it's only going to get me 2 trips to Audi service.

Thanks. This forum has been very informative and helpful.
  • ilauilau Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2013
    Hi Car_Man,

I've been shopping around for 2 weeks for an Audi A4 Premium package. The specs I'm looking for are:

2013 A4 Premium
    Monsoon Gray
    Lighting Package
    Convenience Package
    42 months / 15k miles per year

So far, the best offer I've received is:

MSRP: $36,120
    Total Cap Cost: $32,176
    Residual: $16,976.40 (47% of MSRP)
    Drive off: $2,000
    Monthly: $418.21 out the door

Trade in: -$2,500
    New Drive off: $0
    New Monthly: $406.31 out the door

I am not sure about what money factor they used. Should I take this deal? Thanks so much for your help.
    Hi ilau. Assuming that you aren't making any sort of capitalized cost reduction with cash or your trade, the cap cost that you mentioned is this car's selling price...and it is a very good deal. Just make sure that the dealer is using Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00069 (FWD Premium) to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man!
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    Did you do the deal? This looks like the ad I got from Walters Audi riverside
  • lwin1lwin1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi ilau and Car Man

I'm currently negotiating a similar lease deal, this is the best offer I received:

2013 A4 Premium Plus
    White
    36 months / 15k miles per year
    $4000 down payment
    Haven't asked about the drive off fees yet.

Monthly payments:
    $400 for 12K miles per year
    $430 for 15K miles per year

Does this sound reasonable?
    lwin1, I'm not an expert as this is also my first time leasing a car. However, I would like to share with you and Car_Man that I was able to get an even lower offer compared to the one earlier. The earlier offer was:

A4 Premium 2013
    Monsoon Gray
    Lighting Package
    Convenience Packing
    42 months
    15k miles per year

MSRP: $36120
    Total Cap Cost: $32,176.53
    Drive-off: $2000
    Trade-in: $2500
    Monthly: $428.21
    Final monthly accounting for trade-in: $405.67

I went to the previous dealer and they were able to beat it and all in all, I am going to walk out of the dealership with $0 down and $400/month out the door including tax. :D
    You're very welcome ilau. Good luck!

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ilau. That's a great car for $400 per month. Kudos and thanks for taking the time to share the details with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • gusshanegusshane Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I went to a local Audi dealer in Baltimore to negotiate a new A4. Monsoon Gray Premium Plus. I asked, up front, to pay the Edumnds TMV on the car, and have the base rate money factor.

They gave me the TMV on the car (and the $1,000 incentive for being a current customer). But they acted like I was crazy when I wanted the base rate money factor and offered me .00129 instrad of .00069 for a 36 month 12k lease.

This was one of the dealers that provides quotes when you request them through Edmunds.com, so I assumed that would not be surprised by what I was aking for.

Was I really out of line?
  • sodapop3sodapop3 Member Posts: 5
    Northern Cal dealership quoting me the following. MSRP $44260, sale price $42104. 36 months, 10k miles a year, $2500 down, res 56%=$24785. Seems like the payment is to high, any better deals out there? Thanks
  • backroadbackroad Member Posts: 12
    Run don't walk.
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Car_Man, I'm loving the ride. It's the least I can do for the awesome advice this forum has to offer.

Car_Man, could you shed some insight on one more topic - I feel that a lot of potential leasers will have this question as well. The financial manager talked me into getting the maintenance package for $820. I'm pretty sure I'll max out the allotted mileage (or close to it), but not sure if I'll end up spending more than $820 on maintenance services for a lease. Is this package worth the extra money? To recap, I'm on a 42 month term w/ 15k miles per year.

Thanks again
    Excellent question, ilau. Normally I would say that no one probably should not buy pre-paid maintenance on a leased vehicle. All I ever do on my leased vehicles is change the oil regularly, rotate the tires and change the occasional filter. I usually don't even use the dealer to perform the work. I go to a local, cheaper, more convenient place instead.

Now having said this, Audi is an exception to this rule. Audi Financial Services provides a 1% boost to the residual values of vehicles that are leased with Audi Care. That usually helps to offset a lot of the cost of the pre-paid maintenance program. If I was getting an Audi I would seriously consider getting Audi Care.

Car_man
    Host
  • torombolotorombolo Member Posts: 5
    Could you provide the Dealer and Sales rep?
    I would love to find a deal like this in CT.
  • torombolotorombolo Member Posts: 5
    Hello Ilau,

Could you provide the Dealer and Sales rep?
    I would love to find a deal like this in CT.

A4 Premium 2013
    Monsoon Gray
    Lighting Package
    Convenience Packing
    42 months
    15k miles per year

MSRP: $36120
    Total Cap Cost: $32,176.53

Also could you share the MF and Residual value.
    I believe you said 0 Down, Did you trade your car as a down payment?
    the Monthly Payment is 400.00 is that with or without tax?

Thanks,
  • cavcarcavcar Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to get some input on a current lease offer I received:

Audi A4 2.0T Premium Navi
    MSRP: $44,370
    final price: $41, 388.46
    money factor: 0.00079
    Out the door money (including first month): $1400
    total monthly payment: $575

does this sound reasonable?
  • asoliveriasoliveri Member Posts: 1
    Hi Folks,

Here are the details of a current dealer lease incentive (Huntington NY Audi):

$359 per month for 36 months

$0 Security Deposit, $359 1st Month Payment, $695 Acquisition Fee, $1,796 Down Payment, $2,850 Due at Signing*

Based on MSRP of $38,045 for a 2013 Audi A4 2.0T quattro Premium automatic with Tiptronic, Convenience Package, Lighting Package, Heated Front Seats and Destination Charge, excluding taxes, title, other options and dealer charges

Monthly payments total $12,942

10,000 miles/year

Note: This lease offer includes the New Owner Appreciation Program. **Audi of America, Inc. will pay $1,000 towards the lease or purchase of a new, unused 2012 or 2013 Audi A4

(Which I assume - includes means this exact deal does not apply if you do not qualify for the Program)

Is this a good deal ?

Thanks in advance for any insights!
  • junjgujunjgu Member Posts: 3
    @asoliveri
    If you are in NY why not try out legendleasing.com they are in Brooklyn. A4 2.0T Quattro Premium 10K 39 months is $359 with 0 down. That would save you 1800 down payment.
    If you try please let us know if they are indeed what they advertised. I'm thinking leasing from them too.
  • leadfoot1202leadfoot1202 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man,

Could you please provide the April residual and MF for an A4 Premium Plus quattro for 36 months / 12k miles per year? Thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.