Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi prudentlease. You can reference the advertised lease that you saw mentioned here, but chances are that it is for a completely different, less expensive vehicle.

A $40,645 car that has a selling price of $39,328 and a $5,000 capitalized cost reduction, a money factor of .00069 and a residual value of 51% would have a 39-month, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $387. So the $515 payment that the dealer is quoting you is way out of whack.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi audiguy87. The selling price and money factor that you were quoted look great. If you like the car, this appears to be a good deal for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • audiguy87audiguy87 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the response Car Man!

Just wanted to post my lease deal I signed a couple of weeks ago for everyone's comparison and reference.

2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus
    Navigation, Sport Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Lighting, B&O sound, Audi Care

36 month
    Cap cost: $40,600
    Residual: 57%
    Money Factor: .00069
    Total drive off including first month's payment: $750
    $519 / month + tax
  • ahjoahahjoah Member Posts: 1
    hi everyone, I'm looking to lease my first new audi a4. I drive 7500 miles a year and would be happy with an a4 premium. the only options I'd like are the moonroof and glacier white pearl. I live near Milwaukee, wi. please advise as to my best options and things I need to know. I currently drive a lexus es300 1997. thanks so much
  • kmurkmur Member Posts: 36
    Hello CarMan! You have been very helpful in the past so hoping you can help out once again...

What are the residual and money factor numbers (tier 1) for the A4 Premium Plus for model year 2013 and 2014, 36 months, 12K miles a year.

Dealers are offering good deals on the 13s, but I assume the 14s will start with a higher residual?

Is there any difference in those numbers based on transmission choice (CVT, manual or tiptronic)?

Thanks!
    CarMan:

Can you also run the 39 month lease numbers (MF and residual) for 2013 and 2014 A4s .... A4 Premium Plus for model year 2013 and 2014, 36 months, 12K miles a year.

It seems that the advertised specials right now are for 39 months, not 36.

Thank you.
    You're welcome, audiguy87. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new A4 :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hey kmur. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A4 Premium Plus Sedan without quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00013 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 model are .00089 and 54%.

The transmission that you go with should not have any impact upon these numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    The money factors for 39-month leases are the same as they are for 36-month leases (this month at least), but the residual values are 2% lower for the 39-month term.

Audi is waiving the first payment on leases in July.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi CarMan...

Thanks. I was really hoping to get the numbers for the 2014 A4 WITH Quattro. Can you give those numbers when you have a chance? Thanks.
  • mjf5012mjf5012 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2013
    Hello,

CarMan, would you please post the money factor and residual for a 42 month lease of a 2013 Audi A4 with Premium Plus?

Thanks.
  • waters96waters96 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2013
    Hi Car_Man,

I live in San Francisco and I am a current A4 owner and am in the process of negotiating a new 36 month/12000 mile per year lease on an A4 Premium Plus Quattro with Nav. The MSRP is 42240 and I've negotiated a selling price of 3000 off MSRP, for a total of 39240. Is that decent?

What is the current money factor, and what should the residual be on this lease? I read elsewhere that purchasing AudiCare adds 1% to the residual. Is that true? In my current lease, I paid about $500 for $5000 of "insurance" for extra wear and tear on the car. My damage report came in at about $1500. Seems like that was a good value, but how hardcore is Audi when it comes to enforcing these damages? Should I do it again?

Anything else I should be thinking about in this negotiation that's actually negotiable? Thanks.
  • kbl_chicagokbl_chicago Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,

I was wondering if you knew the MF and Residual for a 2013 Allroad Premium Plus. 10k a year for 36 months. The dealership today told me it was .00167 and 55%.

Thanks!
  • villager11villager11 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

Please let me know if the deal below looks good to you for a 2014 Premium with S Line package for 36 months and $12k miles per year in NJ. It appears that I am getting $1,871 below dealer invoice.

MSRP - $40,395
    Dealer Cost - $38,024.50
    Selling Cost - $36,153.01
    Customer Cash - $1,500
    Dealer Incentive - $1,000
    Buy Rate .001080 / Residual 54%

$445 per month (includes tax)
    Hey kmur. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 A4 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00108 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mjf5012. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00060 and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi waters96. A $3,000 discount on a 2013 Audi A4 Sedan Premium Plus with quattro represents a selling price that's probably right around dealer invoice. Keep in mind that as a returning Audi customer, you are eligible for a $1,000 loyalty cash incentive on this car. If you can get the dealer to subtract the loyalty cash from this you are getting a heck of a deal. If not, you might be able to shave another couple hundred dollars off.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of this car with 15,000 miles per year are .00040 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Purchasing Audi Care does indeed provide a 1% boost to your vehicle's residual value.

I personally never purchase excess wear and tear insurance, but that's more of a personal decision than anything.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do kbl_chicago. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Audi allroad Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00077 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As you can see, the numbers that you were quoted are way out of whack.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi villager11. The selling price and money factor that you were quoted look good to me. This looks like a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • cph2516cph2516 Member Posts: 1
    villager11, could you tell me what dealer in NJ? I am outside of Philadelphia and we aren't getting that type of number here - willing to travel for the correct deal.

Thanks.
  • tmleasetmlease Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,
    I'm looking at 2013 Premium, FWD (in San Francisco). A dealer quoted a residual of 55% and MF 0.00055 for a 36 month/10k mile/yr lease - are these accurate?

Also, you recently quoted lease rates and residuals for 2013/2014 Premium Plus, both with and without quattro. would these numbers be different for the Premium-only?

Thanks in advance!
  • DIMNJDIMNJ Member Posts: 84
    Hi, car_man,

I was quoted the following deal on a 2013 A4 Premium Quattro, 39 months/12K miles,
    MSRP $38,050(scuba blue metallic, convenience package, lighting package, heated seats)
    Total cash on delivery: $2100, incl. 1st payment
    Monthly $410(tax incl.)

What is the residual/MF on the above deal?
    I am in NJ, 7% sales tax.

Thanks a lot!
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, I made a mistake, since $900 of the cash would be used to pay off my existing lease. Hence, I'd pay only $1271 upon delivery. I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thank you!
  • petersmith5petersmith5 Member Posts: 10
    sounds really good disla. how did you get this? do you have conquest or loyalty?
    I was simply shopping for an early VW CC lease replacement and did mention an even better Mercedes offer on a C-class that I was presented with.
    I also had leased from this dealership in a past, although I currently don't own/lease another Audi.
    Having said this, I am not sure what discounts were applied.
    Would you please let me know, what the residual/MF for a 12K/39 months lease should be though?
    Thanks a lot!
  • iheartaudiiheartaudi Member Posts: 7
    Lease Payments Estimated
    Cash Down 2,500.00 5,000.00 7,500.00
    36 Months / .001* 488 415 341
    39 Months / .001* 474 406 338

This is what I'm being quoted for a 2014 audi a4 premium package
    I inquired about a 2013 and they gave me these numbers.

They said the advertised price is 36,295.00 but with my "discount" (which I'm not buying that tactic at all) the cars value would be 34,661.25. After taxes and registration/dealer fees the total price is 38,451.38. Including a 600 "handling fee"

They keep dodging the bullet when I ask about the 2013 audi. Should I go look for somewhere else or is this a good deal
    Also what upfront fees are negotiable. This is my first car. Ever. I'm nervous yet excited :D
  • carlooker3carlooker3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman

I see youhelp out peoplea lothere,thats really nice of you.Last time i bought my bmwi did get many pointers here onthis forum
    Now i was looking for a audi a5 coupe or a Benz e350

For a vehicle with the following price , what would be the best lease i can expect with 3k down and 3 yr/36 k mileage?

PURCHASE OPTION
    Vehicle Price: $48,290.00
    Market Savings: - $2,398.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $45,892.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,951.96
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $52.75
    State Inspection Fee: + $39.75
    Documentation Fee: + $122.50
    Road and Bridge: + $9.00
    Buyers Tag Fee: + $5.00
    Title Fee: + $35.50
    Balance Due (estimate): $49,108.46

Would really appreciate some numbers
    Regards
    venu
  • hkl4555hkl4555 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone confirm residual and MF for August for 2014 allroad premium-plus, 36 month/10k miles?

THANKS
  • vsaintvsaint Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2013
    Hi CARMAN,
    Thank you for all you do to answer everyone's questions. It has been helpful as this is my first time leasing rather than buying a car.

I have had my credit approved by AFS (Tier A) and the dealer gave me the following numbers on the vehicle below.

2014 A4 Premium Plus
    Audi MMI Navigation plus package
    Bang & Olufsen

MSRP: $44,545
    Net Cap: $42,607
    Money Factor: .0010600 (2.54% APR)
    Residual: .5400

Does that seem correct?

Also, why the heck is the money factor so much higher on an A5? They offered a MF of .00172 (4.128% APR) with a residual of .55? Does that appear to be in the ballpark for an A5 P+ same options as the A4 above?

Thank you in advance for helping me out!!!

-V-
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like we are going to have the Audi numbers for August.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I have Googled a ton but I cannot seem to find the numbers for the A4 P+ or A5 P+ either. :(

So, is my best bet to just call a few dealerships and ask what the numbers will be for the month?

(I want to make sure that my dealer is not marking up the MF on either car.)

Thanks,
    -V-
  • jkipsterjkipster Member Posts: 270
    It's not the same car but I was quoted these MF & Residuals for an A4 Premium for August:

42mo/15K 0.00071 48%
    36mo/15K 0.00051 52%

HTH
    2001 Passat
    2010 G37S Sedan
    2013 G37xS Sedan
    2014 QX60
    2015 Q40
    2016 QX60
    2016 E350 Sedan
    2017 QX60
    2019 E450 Wagon
    2021 Sienna XSE AWD
    2022 Lexus RX350
    2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
    2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD
    Thank you for the additional information!

I am going to call some dealers today and I will post the information I receive to help anyone looking for August numbers on 2014 A4 Premium Plus sedans.

-V-
  • jkipsterjkipster Member Posts: 270
    I'm sorry, I just noticed that you're looking at 2014s. My numbers above are for 2013 A4 P.

The numbers for 2014 A4 P at 42mo/15K are 0.00096 and 52%.
    2001 Passat
    2010 G37S Sedan
    2013 G37xS Sedan
    2014 QX60
    2015 Q40
    2016 QX60
    2016 E350 Sedan
    2017 QX60
    2019 E450 Wagon
    2021 Sienna XSE AWD
    2022 Lexus RX350
    2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
    2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD
    I made a few calls and one last call to my local dealer to confirm my suspicions.

My local dealer marked the MF up by .0003.

I am 95% sure that the Buy Rate (Base Rate) on a 2014 A4 P+ 36mo/15k is .00076.

So, since the MF was marked up when I asked if that was the lowest lease factor I could get, I am now going to shop to get the car I want on my terms. Oh well, so much for customer loyalty to the dealership where I bought my first one.
  • jtbknyjtbkny Member Posts: 1
    I just left the Audi dealer. This is what I was offered:

2014 Premium
    $37,250
    10k Miles per year
    57.00% residual
    $4k down payment which includes down payment, tax and first month
    $431 per month

I think the down payment seems pretty high as I haven't seen anyone on this forum post such a high down payment. Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • trainingfloortrainingfloor Member Posts: 2
    I just secured this deal on a 2014 A4 Premium Plus with the help of Inside Car Buying and their DIY Dealer Report. MSRP of $44,195 with MMI Navigation and B&O Sound. 39 months and 12,000 miles per year. I was coming out of a 2011 Mercedes C300 so I got an extra $1,000 rebate for conquest. The monthly payment is $488.77 per month with $1,506.27 total at signing. The due at signing was 1st month, bank fee and DMV. I got the car for $2,120 behind invoice plus the $1,000 rebate.

I highly recommend this DIY Dealer Report service to anyone looking for a new. Makes the negotiating process so much easier and guarantees the best price or they can do the work for you.
    sounds like a great deal, enjoy! Thank you for that DIY site, maybe I'll use them next year.
    "I am 95% sure that the Buy Rate (Base Rate) on a 2014 A4 P+ 36mo/15k is .00076. "

Thanks for sleuthing around and posting your results. I think your number is correct. It would be if CarMan could chiime in to remove any doubt on the issue.

Did you get a car?

I am surprised to see such heavy discounting so early into the model year.
    I was not able to secure the car I was seeking. It was apparently sold yesterday during the last 3 hours of the day. Odd since I told my local dealer I was not pleased about the hidden charges and I countered with my own numbers.

So, lots of vehicles are sold daily and I presume there was no collusion between the dealerships but I cannot honestly say that the thought did pass through my head.

So, I will keep looking for now but I know exactly what I want so...

I will let you know how it all pans out.
    What dealership provided that deal to you? I would love to give them a call if they aren't too far away.
  • adamn1adamn1 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    -- Deleted --

Wrong Forum
    adamn1,

If that's an A6, you might want to go to the respective forum for quick answers.
    Just an observation: residual looks way too low for 10K/year.
    How long is the lease though, 36mo? You should include this info.

I hope it helped! Good Luck!
  • dilbertlivesdilbertlives Member Posts: 1
    Awesome deal! May I ask the Dealership that gave you this? Im interested in taking this deal to my local dealer for a match!
    Ok. My gut is telling me something is off. I'm being told I qualify for A tier with a money factor of .00125.

Cost of car 39645 including taxes and fees
    I get a 6% discount for my employer.
    Bringing the car down to 37267
    Residual value of car is 54%
    Meaning the car will be worth 20124.18
    Meaning the amount of the car I'm leasing is 17142.85
    With 3% interest I'm at 17656
    Making monthly payments 490

This is for a 15k lease.

Dealer is quoting me 603$ a month.
    Why do I feel like this is extremely off?!!

Am I calculating correctly.
  • trainingfloortrainingfloor Member Posts: 2
    Just want to give you some good advice - Use the DIY Dealer Report from Inside Car Buying. The report calculates everything for you so the dealers can't lie or hide anything. I also found out that you can do much better on the selling price than the Audi Supplier Pricing.

I got an A4 last month using this service #4352 post on this forum and it saved me a lot of money and time negotiating.

I was just looking back at some of the recent posts and for the people asking where I got the car it was Biener Audi Great Neck, NY.
    It looks like you do not understand how leasing works.

3% is much too high if you qualify for Tier A credit. Go find a different dealer.
    Ok. So my gut was right.
    I was extremely confused with the results.

What am I missing in my calculations ?

I thought I did enough research ! :(

What should I be paying a month for this car with no money down and a tier credit.

Thanks for the responses. I will check out 2 dealers tomorrow before I ship this car from my hometown which is almost 700 miles away. But worth it for a good deal.
    I looked at that sight. I'm going to take the plunge. 97$ is worth the 1000s I could be saving. Thanks so much
This discussion has been closed.