Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• jryan2003jryan2003 Member Posts: 9
    This is what I was quoted.

2007 A4 2.0T quattro Automatic
    Conv Pkg
    Prem Pkg
    Heated seats

509 per month(including 7.375% tax) with 1419 due at inception on a 24 month 30k lease.
    I do not have all the numbers broken up because I just made a phone call to the dealer who sold me my last A4.
    I will be turning in my 2004 A4 one month early with about 1300 miles over. Thoughts on this deal?
  • jryan2003jryan2003 Member Posts: 9
    Could someone post the money factors and residual values for 2006 and 2007 a4 quattro leases please? Thanks in advance.
  • dtushingdtushing Member Posts: 1
    I have been offered the following deal, it seems kinda high to me, could you give me advice please ?

Audi 2007 A4 2.0T Manual Quattro with Premium and Heated Seats, Brilliant Red.

MSRP $32310
    Price to me $31194

24 month 15k mile lease
    $2k down = $459 month
    $3k down = $411 month

No free maintenance.
    She quoted me 5k and 10k would be approx $130, 20K approx $180.

This is in Binghamton NY
    What do you think, I would like to get the monthly payment down, below $400 would be good.
  • mtgsmtgs Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

I'm getting ready to lease a 2007 A4audi quattro AWD. I have several questions because I'm skeptical of the prices.

The MSRP is 29,500
    Residual 18,946
    Money Factor .00200
    They want to give me 7100 for my 2001 Audi a4 quattro AWD.
    My monthly payments would be 293.58 for 35 payments. It just seems fishy to me.

Also, do the residual and money factor change every month.
    Is it better to pay off my car loan on my own, or is it better to have the dealership do it, and if so how much of a savings do I get?Thanks in advance
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Some States such as TX are taxed on the trade difference,In our case $7100 x 6.25% is $443.75, SO can you sell it privatly for $7700 ? If so your ahead. KBB says a private party 2001 1.8T Q with average miles and options is worth about 13k....

Do you mean pay off your 2001? If so you or your dealer can request a 10 day payoff from your lender. Unless your '01 is really trashed or Very high miles I would put that thing on Autotrader.com Why let the Dealer make 6k on it ?

DL
  • mtgsmtgs Member Posts: 6
    Thanks DL,
    My car has 74,000 miles and is in good shape. I also told the dealer I don't want to use the trade in as a down payment on a new car. I am confused about the 6.25% tax. I thought our sales tax is 8.75%? Unfortunately, there is only one Audi dealer in my area. Would you suggest I go outside my area for and deal with a different dealership?
  • ph0ustph0ust Member Posts: 8
    hi everyone, so sunday was great. finally negotiated the deal i want on my b7 avant- loaded. car prepped, go to dealer, sign everything... we're all happy- he sells car, i get car.

got a call last night where my sales guy said he screwed up and forgot to reduce the residual on my b7 avant because it has the s-line package, which reduces the residual by 2%. thus, my payment will go up (significantly) and i need to come back to the dealership to *re-sign* a new lease and pay more.

i told him this was unacceptable. that when i do business, if i screw up i eat it. if it was unintentional, that is what they need to do. it sucks for them, but hey... screwing up sucks. it is unfair for them to push their mistake on my shoulders!

he was blown away by my view of this. i told him that was business- we had a deal and signed it. so here are my questions:

1) does the s-line package really reduce the residual by 2%? i am trying to check with a dealer, but your input is helpful. it would seem that since it adds to the value of the car and its appearance, this is only counter-intuitive.

2) do i NEED to go back to the dealer, or just say too bad? we have a signed deal. do i really need to go back voluntarily and re-sign a deal that i wouldn't have done, or turn in my car? i would think that this is a pretty shady thing to do, it even has a name- bait and switch.

i appreciate your input. the car is sweet! turned in my allroad lease and am way happy with my choice to go smaller and more nimble. this part of the deal is sucking though. thanks again.
  • ginleiginlei Member Posts: 9
    that is correct - the Sline is 2% lower residual. i got the sline sedan last month and did a lot of research.

that said, seeing as though it was their error, their finance person or whoever screwed it up should just eat the cost. i would not be happy w/ the dealer if they asked me to come in to resign, even if it was an honest mistake (which it appears it is in this case)
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Sorry if that sounded confusing. I was using an example. in TX its 6.25%, because I did not know what State you were in.

Your '01 has average miles then according to KBB. I wold defiantly sell it privately or at the least try a Carmax if there is one in your area.

Since the '07 no longer offers 4 years "free" maintence. I would try faxing. e mailing 4 or 5 of the closest Dealers to your zip code. Then use that as leverage with your Dealer OR take your business elsewhere.

At the Street of Tomorrow in Dallas I attended they had to BEG to get people to drive the A4, You should be able to negotiate a sweet deal on one.

Good Luck,
    DL
  • spencermfispencermfi Member Posts: 42
    They should stand by the numbers they gave you. The deal was signed and I'm 99% sure they are still making money.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go, moracity. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 72%, respectively. As you can see, your estimates were pretty close ;) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi acgutierrez. That is not a dumb question at all. Whether you roll the acquisition fee into your vehicle's capitalized cost or pay it at lease signing is more of a personal preference than anything. The advantage of rolling it into your vehicle's cap cost, which I personally would do, is that you eliminate the risk of losing this money if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. The down side of doing this is that you have to pay interest on it. This really isn't the worst thing in the world though when one takes the fact that Audi is only charging the equivalent of 4.8% interest on it.

I believe that the car that you described has a spread of just over $2,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a $2,500 discount on it, which I feel is a very good deal. Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $37,310 and a selling price of $34,806, and Audi Financial Services' current lease program, I estimate that this car's 24 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $455. I don't know what MA taxes add up to, but if this is close to the pre-tax payment that you were quoted then go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jsavaitch. What is this car's full MSRP? This number will help me to form an opinion on this deal that you were quoted by showing me how much of a discount you are being given on it and enabling me to use Audi Financial Services' actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I completely agree, sangimi. Nearly $3,500 over invoice is too much money to pay for this car. Try stopping my the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar A4s lately: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Also, in your post you mentioned an interest rate. Are you getting a balloon note on this car instead of a lease. Audi Financial Services' current 36 month buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is only .00200 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that you don't pay any more than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jryan2003. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey jryan2003. These cars' lease programs vary depending upon how long you lease them for and what their mileage allowances are. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 58%, respectively. Its numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 model are .00312 and 51%. As you can see, Audi is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. It is providing dealer cash on them though. Specifically, Audi is providing $1,000 dealer cash on 2006 A4 2.0T Sedans. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dtushing. I believe that the dealer invoice price of the car that you described is right around $30,000. This means that the price you were quoted is around $1,194 over invoice. This isn't bad, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition for your business it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little bit. You also should stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: KarenS, "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #, 23 May 2001 7:21 am.

Also, make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using Audi's current buy rate lease money factor to calculate this car's monthly payment. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate money factor for the 2007 A4 Sedan 2.0T with quattro is .00200.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mtgs. Yes, Audi Financial Services usually publishes a new lease program every month. Its current program is scheduled to run through October 31st.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • gophastergophaster Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

I am interested in leasing a 2007 A4 FWD 2.0T Sedan with manual transmission and sunroof package. My plan is 24 month with 10k miles per year OR 36 month with 10k miles per year. I have excellent credit (870 score at Transunion).

Could you please tell me the current specifics that Audi is offering for this vehicle so I can try to calculate my lease payments?

Thanks in advance!! :)
  • gophastergophaster Member Posts: 6
    Got this quote from a local dealer today (I am in South Florida)

2007 A4 2.0T FWD 6speed Manual with Premium Package, 24 month lease, 10k miles per year

$1664 at inception

$359 per month + tax

What do you think?

Thanks!!
  • twnmangotwnmango Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

I am currently looking at a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Avant Quattro, it comes with the S-Line package, and pretty much fully loaded with MSRP of approx. $43,000. I am looking at leasing either 24mo or 36mo (which ever is the best deal).

The dealer told me the MF is around 0.002, but the Residual, will change depends on the model of the A4 2.0T. For instance for 24mo/15K, the Base 2.0T starts at 72%, then deduct 2% for choosing the Avant (Wagon) model, and deduct another 2% if equipped with the S-Line package.

Therefore, the car I mentioned above, will have a MF of 0.002 and a Residual of 68% for a 24mo/15K lease?

Is this correct? Dealer willing to give me Invoice Price on this, so what should I expect the payment to be? (7.75% tax here)

Thanks!!
  • catatoniccatatonic Member Posts: 10
    Hi Car_man,
    I'm beginning to consider leasing a A4 instead of the A3, since the numbers are really bad for the A3. Could you please provide me with money factor and residual values for the fillowing A4 (36mo./12k and 36mo/15k):

2007 A4 (sedan) 2.0T 6 speed manual FWD
    s-line package
    black exterior

thanks in advance.
  • a4lease4mea4lease4me Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

First post, but have neen lurking for a while

I'm looking to find the residual and money factor for the following car if at all possible...

2007, A4, 2.0T, Sedan, Quattro, Manual, Phantom Black Pearl, No Packages (S, Premium, Cold Weather, etc.)

$31,090 MSRP

My target price is in the $29,500 range.

I'd like to then work out the numbers for a:

2 year, 12,000/year lease AND a
    3 year, 12,000/year lease

Any help at all would be really, really appreciated,

Thanks!
  • brott8brott8 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Car Man,

I wanted to know what you thought of Audi's latest promotion for the Audi A4 2.0T Quattro with TipTronic. Are these types of offers ever negotiable? I'd rather put up a 3 year lease, honestly. Thanks much for your look!

Here's the offer straight from the website:

2007 A4 2.0T quattro with Tiptronic transmission
    $379 per month
    24-month lease*
    15000 miles/yr
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Down payment $0
    Refundable security deposit $0
    First Monthly Payment $379
    Acquisition fee $575
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Amount due at lease inception $954

Disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. Rate based on $33,510.00 MSRP of 2007 A4 2.0 T with a Tiptronic transmission, Premium package, 17-inch wheels, front heated seats and destination charge.

Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees.
  • audiavant1audiavant1 Member Posts: 3
    Carman or anyone who can help,

I just saw the above post and am pretty intrigued. Do you know what the money factor and residual this deal is based on and also if it is also the same for a 2.0t avant. Also is this only on vehicles equipped as specified? Thanks in advance!!!!
  • aerosolaerosol Member Posts: 6
    this is an exceptional lease program (if you're looking for and audi a4 (money factor in the .0011 range with a residual about 73%. the real advantage of this deal is the mileage
    if you're a 10,000 mile or less person
    look into the 30 month deal
    this a deal your waiting for
    Hi Aerosol,

How would one go about looking into the 30 month deal? Is that a version of the deal Audi is offering now?

I think there current deal is great, but I don't 15K a year.

Also, I'm wondering if this deal is set in stone, or if dealers will be able to move off this slightly and make it even better? A few dollars less per month, say.
  • brott8brott8 Member Posts: 8
    My questions are basically like a4lease4me asked. I was looking for more in the 12k a year deal. Curious if audi can work off this deal according to my needs.

I believe I should be going in this week to at least test drive, so I'll ask the questions and let you know. (I'm thinking Tuesday or Wednesday)

But please reply if you have any input. Much thanks.
    in response to your ?.
    the 2 year 15k mileage is great if you're a large mileage user (and like to get out early)
    the 30 month 10k is good too if you dont need the miles
    in NY the 30 should cost you with the same money down as the 15k
    about $5-7.oo a month less. the real ? do you get bored with a car
    do you like to change often.
    these are the real questions you need to ask yourself
    and the final caveat is its better to shop for a car at the end of the year ...so the 24month will bring you out in nov/dec 2 years from now
    as opposed to the early summer in 2.6 years
    it really is a close choice, but i must say these are good deals
    aerosol
    in response to your other question about dealers coming down a little in price
    a good tactic to use is go to another audi dealer first (one you wont be buying from)
    get the deal in writing
    show up at the dealer you like
    get their price
    then play off the other dealers price if its lower then what your getting at the dealer you like.
    they will always go lower to make the sale
    remember to win the car negotiating process have fun, joke, get them off balance
    and try to buy from a dealership that gives you price right there where your sitting,
    not " I have to go speak to the manager type places"
  • mbartels11mbartels11 Member Posts: 13
    Is this really the deal? Zero down? Do we know what we are looking at for a residual and money factor? Also, what is the residual for 12K miles/per year? Does the deal still apply?

If this is all true, then this is a great deal. Do you think there is still room to negotiate on this?

Thanks!
  • drjoeddrjoed Member Posts: 26
    Very interesting! Went to my local Audi dealer in Kalamazoo last week with the Audi ad mentioned above. They told me that they "can't do that deal" and have been "negotiating" with Audi about the fact that "the numbers don't work". They put an ad in the Sunday paper and the monthly payment is $416 for 24 mos. with 15K (does not include taxes and title which I am told ad about $40-50 per month??). Only 1st month payment and lease inception cost ($575)due at signing. Should I be looking around at another dealer?
    Also forgot to mention:
    1. The salesman here seems to know little about this car.
    2. Was told I have to get $1000 Bose radio package to get Sat. radio but my local Audi "gurus" say that there is a dealer installed sat. radio package that plugs into the stock Audi radio (It's no Bose but sounds pretty good to me and has a 6 CD in dash player!).
    3. No one could give me a straight answer about "hands free"/ Bluetooth. Web site says you need the Convenience package for $2100 which has a lot of crap in it!! Web site also lists an additional $500 charge for Bluetooth prep!! This seems like a lot of money considering most of the Japanese luxury cars come standard with hands free!!
  • theprogrammertheprogrammer Member Posts: 8
    When contacted via email my local audi dealer quoted me the same deal as advertised on audiusa.com which is like 379/mo for 2yr/15K with no down payment. plus i was offered a 6% off on MSRP right away since they have special pricing for employees of the company i work for. this is now making me strongly incline towards leasing an audi instead of the bmw 3 series i had originally planned... can you guys share any particular reason why u decided to get an audi over the 3 series if u actually had both of them in mind at some point??
    I'm assuming you're only considering a 328xi v the A4 quatro
    because if your not going allwheel drive dont bother
    if you need the bmw logo and the $5000. more in total payments doesnt bother you
    by all means get the bmw
    the A4 has the driveability/interior design and quality of a car costing thousands more
    plus this is a good lease deal
    it's all about the rush
    if money isnt an issue go with your feelings
    aerosol
  • kevin34kevin34 Member Posts: 42
    Hi,
    I am in the process of negotiating with a dealer on a lease of an '07 A4 2.0T. I initially accepted a 30 month/10k a year deal with no money down for $360 per month. But today I saw the advertised special on the audi website for $379/24mos/15k a year. This deal is based on a purchase price of $31,760 which is less than my initial deal of just over $32k. So now I will now try and get $350 per month.

My question is: is the maintenance program of $550 worth it? It seems that I might need two or three oil changes over the course of the lease and it couldn't be anymore than $250 total.

Thanks for your help.
    the money factor and residuals are different on the 24 and 30 month
    so you really cant compare the monthly fees
    never... ever... ever... buy a maintenance program on a leased car
    change the oil at the intervals (and push it to the far side)
    remember you dont own it your renting it
    put the $ toward the 17"wheels or wood package
    No money down and $360 a month seems like a pretty nice deal. What packages did you have on the car?
    Keep us posted. Did they quote you a residual and money factor?

I'm looking for 12k miles/24months. I've been emailing with an internet mgr, I'm going on Monday to "look" at the car. Any tips are appreciated.
    Well, the "lease deal" currently is A4 quattro 2.0T with heated seats and Premium pkg. for $379/ month plus tax. This is with 15K miles/year and I don't think you will do as well if you ask for 12K miles because you will get a higher money factor! Take the 15K and enjoy the car! I found another dealer in my area (see my original posts above) who honored the lease as advertised by Audi above. I got a bunch of options and upped my monthly to $475 but I am happy! BTW, I sign the papers and pick up the car on Sat. AM then I will give you the exact residual and money factor. My wife is a morgage underwriter and knows a lot about these things and says it must be around 0.0010 or less!! I will post when I get the #'s
    Sounds excellent! $379/mo. is a great deal either way. I don't need 15K miles, but if that makes the deal better, I'm willing to take it.

What options did you add?

I look forward to getting your full report. Enjoy!
  • theprogrammertheprogrammer Member Posts: 8
    This is what I got quoted by the dealer when asked about this new lease special
    MSRP: 33510 (A4 with premium package and non-metallic paint)
    Residual: 73%
    MF: 0.00115 (this might be buy rate + their padding)
    Term: 24 months
    Down: 1300
    Monthly Payment: 379

These numbers don't exactly match when i plug them into the leaseguide.com's lease calculator, maybe due to extra document fees etc. i think i need to negotiate on the money factor part and not do any down payment for cap cost reduction
    this appears to be a nicely equipped car without the wood package
    there is no down (1300)
    just a 575 bank fee
    unless they're including the tax a security deposit and turn in fee in the 1300
    the padding as you refer to
    is the cars selling price of the deal (this can be negotiated)
    the only extra $ are your states tax on everything taxable
    you need to ask whats the down 1300 represent
    aerosol
  • gbmangbman Member Posts: 2
    The 1300 isn't likely cap cost or really down, but the out of pocket at close - the $575, plus 1st month of $379 plus a couple hundred bucks for the title and license fees - I was looking into this deal and the actual out of pocket was higher than the $954 on the audi websight because it exlcudes title and dealer fees and it was also in the range of 1300 out of pocket for what its worth. Thats also the same MF I was quoted to get the $379. Note also that the advertised deal has no security deposit.

If anyone is interested, the 30 month deal also looked good - I don't need the high mileage lease and looked at the same deal over 30 months with 10k per year and the payment per month drops about $20 with the same upfronts. Residual value for 30 month 10k deal was 69%, same money factor.

The only reaon I am not jumping on these a4 deals is that I have an older A6 and can't get the trade numbers I need.

Good luck.
    I bought the Brilliant red (no paint upcharge) with Tiptronic, Premium package, Convenience package, Bluetooth and heated front seats. List 36,110 and I paid 34,500. I will give you the specifics on the money factor and residual when I sign the papers tomorrow. Money down: $678 which includes first month payment and title/registration fees. Monthly payment is $448 plus tax for total $475.
    I usually drive less than 10K year but I have a feeling I am going to want to spend more time behind the wheel in this baby!! Also, my lease experiences over the last 20 years have been that the best deals seem to come at this time of year so I want my lease to expire about this time. That is not a "scientific" observation but just seems to me to be true.
  • edrnedrn Member Posts: 17
    I'm in a quandry, folks... PLease help. My lease on my 2003 330XI is up in 2/07. I love the car. Residual value is 22,800. I'm looking at the A4 lease deal for 24 months at 379.00/month. Resale value of the BMW is 28-30K. Any suggestions. Should I keep the BMW(I only have 29K miles) and buy it or lease the AUdi. I need to decide quickly as the lease deal is up 12/4.
  • vizviz Member Posts: 75
    I am in the same boat, I have 530i but leased till april 13th and I will be paying at least $2,000 for extra miles :(
    Anyway do the match with Cash outflows and incremental values. For instance, your sunk cost is monthly payment till 2/07, since you cannot avoid that cost, unless you can buy the car and sell it for a profit.
    Will you get 28K/30K for 2003 BMW with 29k miles? I am getting $23,000 for my BMW530i with all options where as I have to buy the car for $28K - loss of 6k.
    How long do you want to keep the BMW, if you want to buy it?
    Thanks,
    Viz
    A4 2.0t quattro at $31540
    premium package $800
    wood trim $400
    heated seats $450
    destination $720
    total $33910
    invoice $31732
    Selling price $32532
    These are the numbers the lease is based on.
    The money factor is.00115
    Monthly $383+ tax; 15k miles/year
    There is no down payment, the only things due at signing will be the first payment, bank fee ($575) and title, plates and fees ($320)

1) Is the above deal any good? What other fators should I consider and how can I bring wn the price?
    2) Are there any dealers selling below invoice? If so please let me know so that I can contact them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Viz
    Would you please DEALER share the contact info?
    Thanks,
    Viz
This discussion has been closed.