Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• guru_ckguru_ck Member Posts: 25
    I bet if you go down to the Audi dealer and explain your situation they will offer to pay your last lease payment :)

Plus I don't think you have to pay in the disposition fee if you lease another vehicle from them.
  • leensleens Member Posts: 4
    Great Deal. What dealership in Florida?? I heard you can pay the 550 for the free service on the Audi.
    I am in Florida and I would love to get the deal you got.
  • bobcat16bobcat16 Member Posts: 1
    Hey floridabob1 that sounds like a good deal!!! I'm looking to lease an A4 like yours in South Florida. Could you please tell me the name of the dealership?
    Thanks.
  • smikhalchenkosmikhalchenko Member Posts: 3
    How long is your lease?
    Anybody knows how much is 36 month lease for A4?
  • catatoniccatatonic Member Posts: 10
    These are the numbers I got from a SoCal dealer (very good experience so far). It seems to be a decent deal, what do you guys think?

2007 A4 2.0T 6 Speed FWD
    S-line Package
    Titanium Package
    Black Exterior
    Ebony leather Interior

MSRP: $32,860
    Cap Cost: $31,000
    Drive-Off: $1,182 (Includes 1st month payment)
    36mo./12k miles lease
    Money Factor: 0.00115
    Residual Value: 59%
    $0 down
    $413/month ($421 w/ service plan, $550 cost)

I haven't signed anything yet, but will go back over the weekend to close the deal. Thanks to all the posts and comments in this forum (this is my first lease experience)
  • ojinsanojinsan Member Posts: 1
    I was offered the same monthly payment for 36mon/36K deal by Pacific Audi while trying to do the 2 years A4 Quattro promotional lease.

Compare to the 24mon/30k, I don't think it's worth one year of extra lease payment and get only 6,000 miles additional. I would recommend stick with 2 years promotional lease then lease another one after that unless you are looking at 3 years only. Currently, I think BMW 3 offers better 3 years lease then Audi A4. No need to pay extra for maintaince since BMW already include it in the price.

Finally, I think your monthly payment seems high compare to mine. You better plug your data into some lease calculator to double check. My cap cost is around 31.5k with about $8 lower month payment with LA county tax rate. There is probably more room for bargains on MF and cap cost or unless payment include some additional dealer added accessories.
    Thanks for the input. I am using a lease calculator, actually, and the slightly lower (-2%) RV is for the s-line package. I believe the lease rates are current for december (car_man can you verify this, please) and the numbers do match. payments would be lower for a 36mo/10k lease but i don't want to take the chance of going over (i currently drive about 10.5-11k miles/yr). I will consider the 24mo/12k lease, though. After running those numbers, it seems that paying another drive-off fee in two years would still cost less than the difference of twelve 36/12 and 24/12 payments. (the $413 I mentioned before does include LA tax). i'll go back this weekend and try to get a better deal.
  • zacwarezacware Member Posts: 17
    I find myself for the first time ever with no car payments, and of course, 3 weeks later, my wife's car falls apart.

So I was looking at the Saturn Aura XR 3 year Lease and then noticed Audi's A4 lease on their website for $359, nothing down, and 15K per year! Wow!

It almost seems to good to be true? Is there a catch with Audi Leases? Do they have lots of "charges" for every little nick and speck of dust at the lease end? Do they gouge you with service charges for maintenance? (my nearest Audi dealer in 30 minutes away)

After driving mini-vans for the past decade, this is going to be my first "mid-life-crisis" car, so the thought of an Audi A4 is pretty exciting. Being in my 40's, I'd like to try a new car every few years from now on, but I'm just wondering how Audi can offer a much more attractive lease than a Saturn

Also, if anyone knows how much I should expect to pay in order to "buy" more miles up front that would be greatly appreciated. I will probably need an extra 3,000 miles per year.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, viz. That is a good question. I personally believe that it would be difficult to lease a 2007 Audi A4 for less than dealer invoice. As far as your current BMW goes, unfortunately regardless of what the price guides say it is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it. If you can't find a dealer that's willing to give you more than $19,000 for it, you'll be better off just making the final four payments on your BMW and walking away from it. You can always wait until you are closer to the scheduled end of your current lease to get a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    No problem, catatonic. Audi is still running a very attractive lease on the A4 in December. While technically there are no extra fees associated with ordering a vehicle, in my experience dealers would much rather sell a vehicle that they already have in stock than order one for a customers. There are two reasons for this. the first is that dealers are constantly paying "floorplan" interest on vehicles that they have in inventory. The sooner they sell a vehicle that they already have, the sooner they can stop paying interest on it. The second reason is that if they sell you a vehicle that they already have they can finalize your deal now. If they have to wait for an ordered vehicle to come in, dealers always run the risk of having the deal fall apart because the consumer shopped around or just changed their mind in the weeks that it took for their vehicle to arrive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings jinger. Is the payment that you mentioned for option one a finance payment or a lease payment? If it is a lease payment, then you definitely need to go with option two. That A4 costs nearly $250 a month less to lease :surprise: . Also, I personally would go with the Audi A4 over the Saab 9-3. There's nothing wrong with the Saab, just for my money the A4 is the better car. This is more of a personal opinion than anything, so definitely make sure to drive both before making your decision.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome, edrn. Talk to you then.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi polonita. For reasons that I will never understand, in mist cases consumers who lease through banks' one pay lease programs still need to have decent credit. One would think that it wouldn't matter because the bank is getting all of its month upfront, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Most banks that do one pay leases provide lessees who choose this option with a reduction in the money factor that is used to calculate the interest cost of their lease. Unfortunately, I don't know the exact money factor discount that Audi Financial Services provides for this sort of deal. Perhaps someone else out there does and would be kind enough to chime in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi twodomes. The money factor that was used to calculate this car's monthly payment is great. It's right in line with Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for this car. The monthly payment that you were quoted looks pretty good to me, but I really can't give you a detailed assessment of it without knowing this car's selling price. The selling price will give me an idea of what sort of discount you were given on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings jordache. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Wow, guru_ck, that's one late night :surprise: . You were smart to do research before getting your new car. The lease payment that you were quoted looks pretty good to me, but it would be easier for me to give you a detailed assessment of this deal if I had this car's MSRP and selling price. What is the $32,834 that you mentioned? I assume that it's the selling price. If so, tell me the MSRP and I'll let you know what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi yellow1. What you were told by this dealer about having to perform the 15,000 and 25,000 mile full service is absolutely not true. All you for your leased vehicle is change its oil every couple thousand miles and to be safe keep that receipts. You can rotate your tires to reduce the chance of having to pay for excess wear and tear on them as well, but you don't have to. It sounds to me as though the dealer that you spoke with was trying to drum up a little more business for their service department by telling you a lie. The only good thing about service contracts on leases is that some banks actually provide consumers with boost in their vehicle's residual value if they get a service contract. In cases where there is a residual value boost, the service contract almost becomes free because the residual value boost lower vehicles' monthly payment. I believe Audi has this sort of promotion, but I am not sure if it is available on 24 month leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kellicharese. It looks like this quote is missing one of the most important pieces of information, this car's selling price. It is very important to find the selling price of the car that you want to lease. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without knowing this number, it is difficult to tell how much of a discount you are being given. The selling price is also necessary to calculate a lease payment. I cannot use Audi's lease program to double check the payment that you were quoted without it. Let me know what this car's selling price is and I will gladly give you a detailed assessment of this deal.

As far as paying sales tax goes, I personally feel that you are better off adding it into your vehicle's monthly payment than paying it at lease signing if you can. If you pay all of your car's sales tax and then a month later your vehicle is totaled or stolen, that money is just gone. However, if you had added it to your car's monthly payment you wouldn't lose any of it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi guru_ck. Most banks do allow pre-paid leases. Unfortunately, pre-paid leases are not interest-free. The banks that allow them do provide a reduction in the interest rate that is used to calculate the cost of the lease though. Similarly, for some reason banks that offer pre-paid leases still run credit checks on consumers. So your friend's bad credit would still probably have an impact upon their deal, even if they offered to pay for their entire lease in advance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi floridabob1. I would be shocked if Audi Financial Services actually penalized lessees who did not have the 15,000 and 25,000 mile checkups performed at an Audi dealer. With leases, all lessees usually have to do is change their oil every couple thousand miles and they are fine.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi smikhalchenko. The cost to lease an A4 for 36 months will vary depending upon exactly what trim level you want and what its MSRP and selling price are. If you describe the A4 that you are interested in to me and provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price I would be happy to estimate what a payment for a 36 month lease on it would cost right now for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi catatonic. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable to me and the money factor that you were quoted for it is right in line with Audi Financial Services' buy rate for this model. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal (without the service plan).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi zacware. I personally would much rather have an Audi A4 than a Saturn Aura. There's no catch to leasing an Audi. In fact, unlike most advertised leases that only offer 10,000 miles per year so that they can show the lowest possible monthly payment, Audi's advertised lease for the A4 right now actually includes 15,000 miles per year. The current lease program on the A4 is an excellent deal. I have never personally leased a vehicle through Audi Financial Services. but I highly doubt that they are unnecessarily picky when evaluating the lease-end condition of vehicles. Most manufacturers' captive finance companies are very reasonable when evaluating leased vehicles for excess wear and tear. It would be silly for them to make lessees angry and cost their parent company future business by nickel and diming them to death. Furthermore, all lessees really need to do in terms of maintenance is change their vehicles' oil every couple thousand miles. You don't need to go to an Audi dealer to have this done if you save your receipts.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • leensleens Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Live in Florida and would love to get the name of your dealership that you leased your Audi. Need to lease before Friday.
    Thanks
  • desgnconcptsdesgnconcpts Member Posts: 53
    Hi Car Man,
    You've helped me in the past with a few Buick Rendezvous leases -- and I learned quite a bit in the process. I just leased a 2007 A4 24mo/15K -- I know I got a great deal -- because I got the A4 at dealer invoice (well, if you include the $300 Audi dealer ad fee and the $195 port prep fee that they supposedly have to pay). MSRP 36,410, $34,306 Net Cap Cost with those 2 amounts added in. A few things:

Maintenance package was $550 (I believe thru 45K miles) but does NOT include "wear" items like on BMW -- so things like wiper blades, brake pads, etc are NOT covered.

Maintenance package does nothing for resid on 24 month plan, but it does add 1% to 30 month or longer leases.

Dealer made a big deal of mentioning that the maintenance has to be done by an Audi dealer -- and then if you look on Audi Financial website, there's a PDF file you can print that describes what they supposedly consider OK wear and excess wear. In my estimation, if they use those guidelines, people are going to get lots of excess charges. MB uses the "credit card" rule for scratches, dings. Audi uses the "quarter rule" -- anything that can't be covered by a quarter, they charge you for. Since I have no experience with them, I don't know how bad they'll be. Experience with GM and GMAC has been wonderful -- they have always been lenient, never had to pay a dime extra. So, that has me worried.

I am hoping someone that REALLY knows about the maintenance (that is with Audi and will give us the real scoop) or has leased with them and done maintenance elsewhere, will chime in. The 15K service and especially 25K service look like they could charge an arm and leg for everything they want done.

One other point about this -- they REQUIRE brake fluid to be flushed every 2 years! I wasn't told about this -- so I wonder if you turn in your car 1 day early if you will get nicked for this charge if you've not had it done?

Finally, a "warning" to those of you that are even more encouraged to lease because the A4 made the IIHS.ORG's list for safest car in class -- make sure your A4 was mfg after 8/1/2006 -- cars made BEFORE that date have an OLD headrest/seat design that did poorly in rear crash tests. Only after I had done some real digging at their website did I realize this -- the dealer never mentioned it -- but did explain to me about the seat/headrest design change AFTER I brought up the fact that I would only lease a vehicle built after 8/1/06! There are a lot of "old" A4's -- and while it doesn't change the other crash test results (front & side), having good whiplash protection IS very important.

So far, I love the car. I just hope that Audi FS is more lenient on normal wear & tear -- and on the maintenance requirement.
    Thank you for your response,
    Here is A4 configuration:
    2007 Audi A4 4dr All-wheel Drive quattro Sedan 2.0T
    Automatic Transmission
    Premium Package
    Convenience Package
    Heated Seats
    -> maybe Navigation System
    MSRP Price:35,610
    cARSDIRECT.COM PRICE 33,884
  • rastignacrastignac Member Posts: 1
    I too am curious. You say it's better to get a 3 year lease,yet Audi's only offering a 2 year...last year, apparently, they went to a 3 in January...should I wait? My current lease expires in January..
  • pkitchpkitch Member Posts: 1
    If you need an 2007 A4 I have a few in stock. Located Muskegon MI. pkitchen@myimport.com
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    I leased from Braman in Palm Beach.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    By the way, I was Floridabob1, but now that I registered it came up as unknown. I leased from Braman, as not to confuse the responses. Good luck!
  • floridabob2floridabob2 Member Posts: 6
    I was told the same story in FLorida. They said I would be penalized $400 if I didn't do 15/25 checkup at audi. I might not do it and take my chances. I usually do oil and tire rotations on a lease car. My other leases have been for 3 years and I never did any thing else. Especially on a two year lease, what could it really need? Keep me posted if you hear anything else. Thanks
  • floridabob2floridabob2 Member Posts: 6
    Braman audi in Palm Beach
    Hey Car_man, thanks for the response. MSRP on my car was 33,715.00 (according to audiusa.com).
  • dennis27dennis27 Member Posts: 6
    hahah nice price :d
    Why was that funny? :confuse:
    Thanks car_man! I actually did already and i'm really happy with the car. There was one thing though that wasn't clear to me at the time of closing the deal. i showed the numbers i had written down last time i was at the dealership to the dealer (36mo/12k, 0.00115, 59%) and he said this time that if i didn't take the sevice plan the residual would be 58%. in the end he agreed to give me the service plan for $270 instead of $550 and use the 59% residual. Also the car had a tracking device already installed (i didn't need it but figured it would help the insurance quote, and got it for $300). This is what the deal looked like:

2007 A4 2.0T manual
    S-line package
    Titanium package
    MSRP $32,860
    negotiated price (Cap Cost) $31,200 (including service plan)
    tracking device $300
    document fee $45
    drive-off fees $1276.56 (includes 1st month payment)
    $0 down
    36mo/12k
    monthly payment $395 + tax
  • silverbakedsilverbaked Member Posts: 4
    hey catonic,
    here in socal as well. where did you go?
    happy with the dealer? i am in the market
    for an s-line as well. have an a4 now.
    let me know...thanks!
  • thetmkthetmk Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know whether Audi Financial's current (excellent) 24 month lease deal can be used to lease a new 2006 A4 2.0T (either really "new" or an untitled demo with a couple thousand miles on it)?

Also, same question as it relates to the lease numbers that might be applicable to a 2006 A4 Cab (with the 1.8L Turbo and CVT).

I assume the answer, based on Car_man's post from the October timeframe is "no" . . .

Thanks so much to everyone in advance -

Happy Holidays!

TMK
  • bew1bew1 Member Posts: 6
    2007 Audi A4, 36 mos., 12K mis, Premium Package, Heated Front Seats, $388/mo. plus tax. NY/CT area. What do you think? Any thoughts on how much more Convenience Package should add to price? Bose? Thank you.
  • raidertt2001raidertt2001 Member Posts: 3
    I am thinking of using my trade-in to lower the cap cost by 4-5k on a new A4 24/mo lease. Is this a very bad idea? I have heard you can lose that money.
    Put it in a savings account and earn some interest on it instead. If you need it to offset your monthly payments then just take a little bit of it out each month.

I have heard that you can loose any money you put down to adjust the cap cost if you total the car or it gets stolen.

-Chris
  • desgnconcptsdesgnconcpts Member Posts: 53
    Do NOT ever put any money into a lease! When you go to sign the lease papers, they will ask for your insurance info and enter that on the lease. Remember, the leasing co (in this case, Audi Financial) owns the car, not you. They want to protect their interest and they will need to be put on your car policy -- because if you total the car, they are the ones that get paid (get made "whole") not you. So, if you put any "extra" money into the lease -- you will never, ever get it back.

Buying down the lease with cash, credit card payment, a trade-in, gold bullion -- whatever -- is a bad idea. Put zero down -- regardless of whatever the lease "deal" is, all you have to do is ask to have this done and know how a lease is calculated. It's not black magic, it's really pretty simple and understanding this will allow you to get the best deal.

The price of the car is negotiable, just like if you bought it. The lower the price, the lower your payment provided the dealer doesn't try to fudge and lower the residual value or increase the money factor. You always want the highest residual and lowest money factor and there are plenty of places to ask/find this info on the net, including here on Edmunds/Carspace to get the details of residual, mf, miles allowed, etc.

Hope this helps.
  • igoraligoral Member Posts: 24
    Maybe these questions have been answered here ad nauseum, but I am new to the whole leasing thing. So, I apologize in advance.

I'll get straight to my questions:

Right now, Audi offers $379/month, 24 months lease with 0 down, 0 sec. deposit for A4 2.0T Quattro with Tiptronic, premium package, heated seats, 17" wheels and 15,000 miles/year.

Is this a good deal or not? If anyone knows, how much should I expect to pay at the dealership to drive away in this car (total fees) in NY or NJ?

Also, if I agree to limit my annual mileage to 12,000 miles/year, is it possible to negotiate the lease payment down or this kind of promotion is a "take it or leave it" deal?

And one last question, there is an identical lease offer for Audi A4 2.0T Quattro with CVT, but for $359/month. Why is this deal $20 less than the one with Tiptronic? Is CVT really inferior to Tiptronic?

Thank you to anyone, who can help me!
  • vizviz Member Posts: 75
    Anything less than $379+taxes would be good.

Well, it depends on the delership and location; but i am in Oh. Mine was take it ot leave it.

I took Quattro because I drive in snow.
  • marvelmmarvelm Member Posts: 28
    I wish I have found this forum before I signed my lease agreement (A4 $359/ month, $0 down deal). I just realized I got ripped off by the car salesman at my local audi dealer. I admit that it was entirely my fault, I did not do my homework before I did the deal. My question is .. can I cancel the lease agreement even after I signed it? I have not taken home the car yet because they said the brand new car was not ready to be taken home yet (they needed to do some checking/ testing etc because the car has just got delivered to them). I signed the deal on Saturday Dec 23 and the car is ready to be picked up on Tuesday, Dec 26. Please advise. Thanks.
  • igoraligoral Member Posts: 24
    Marvelm,

How were you ripped off? What was wrong with the lease?
  • marvelmmarvelm Member Posts: 28
    Nothing wrong with the original lease deal it self. In fact, many people here think it is a great deal. I traded in my Honda CRV (that's my 1st mistake). The sales guy "persuaded" me to trade it. The money factor was not like what I read from this forum (0.00115), after I calculated all the numbers at home, the mf that I got seemed to be higher! (that's my 2nd mistake..). I live in CA and I heard in CA, there is a law that says we cannot back out of the signed lease agreement. Is that true?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    I'm pretty sure that CVT models are not Quattro..

The CVT model is only available in front-wheel-drive..

That could account for the difference in pricing.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Before you back out of your lease deal, make sure there is something wrong with it. People trade in their cars every day. That doesn't make it a bad deal.

If the terms of the lease are the same as the advertised deal, then the only issue is the amount you received for trading in your vehicle.

As far as backing out? If you still have your trade, no money has changed hands, and the new car is still at the dealer, I doubt they can make you take the car.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.