Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Audi A8 Lease Questions

Comments

• shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Car man,
    Is this october lease rates for the 2009 model? Also are there any dealer incentives available on the 2009 model which is compatible with the lease rates?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello shawn757. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A8L is .00049. Audi is not currently providing any cash incentives on the '09 A8.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    Hello.
    I have a chance to lease used ( 2007 ) A8 for 36 months, 10K a year for $800 a month. This car comes with 100,000 miles 6 years warranty. Total out of pocket at sign in about $2400 ( including first payment ). Does it make sense to lease used car for this price ? Car looks perfect inside and out.

Thank you.
  • mclovin4mclovin4 Member Posts: 10
    Just purchased a 2005 A8L with 55K for 23000. Absolutely love the car. First time owner of a luxury vehicle.After three tours of Iraq decided to treat myself.Was wondering if i could get some ownership pointers...I am learning quickly that these autos are a bit more 'spensive than than the chevy.HAHA
  • robpicciarobpiccia Member Posts: 1
    i'm shopping now for a 2009 A8L. made a firm, very reasonable offer to multiple dealerships in nj, all of whom said they'd be "losing money" on the deal. apparently, there's no "cash back" from Audi to the dealerships. also, even the dealerships seems to discourage leasing these cars. the rates are not very favorable. anyone know of any incentive programs coming up for February?
  • thbellthbell Member Posts: 15
    Carman: I'm interested in leasing a 2009 Audi A8L through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year. Can you give me the money factor and residual?

A dealer in the New York metropolitan area is offering me a 36 month lease for 10K per year on a A8L with 19" wheels and a cold weather package for $1,535.25 per month (taxes rolled into the payment), with no money down and the first payment waived (i.e., just 35 payments over the lease term). What do you think of this?

Many thanks!

THB
    Hi thbell. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 A8L with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and a horrible 40%, respectively.

I would be happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be easier for me to do so if you would provide me with this car's MSRP and selling price first.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man: Thanks for getting back to me. The quote has changed a little with further discussions.

The 2009 Audi A8L comes in Phantom black with amoretto leather with tha cold weather package and the ventillated/massage front seats. The MSRP of this car is $81,175 and the dealer is quoting a selling price of $77,648. A 36 month lease with 10,000 miles per year, including Audi Care and sales tax, comes to $1490 per month. Audi will make my first payment if I sign up before July 5th. ), so the amount due at signing would be $1091.41 consisting of the bank fee and DMV fees. Let me know what you think.

Many thanks!

THB
    Car_Man: For what it's worth, I've had several Audi dealers tell me that the 36 month residual on an A8L lease is 38% for both 10K per year and 12K per year leases (and one has even faxed to me AFS documentation showing this). Apparently, in contrast to the other Audi models where the 36 month residual for a 10K lease is 3% higher than for a 15K lease, the 36 month residual for a 10K lease of an A8L is only 1% higher than for a 15K lease (where the residual is only 37%). You can improve the residual by 1% if you purchase Audi Care (which essentially pays for itself).

THB
    Car_Man: Any thoughts on my message #110? I'm thinking that I should be able to get a little more of a discount on the selling price of the A8L, maybe down to $77,250? What do you think?
    Hi thbell. Nearly $1,500 per month is a ton of money to spend on a new vehicle (especially in today'ss economic environment), but that's the price to play at the top end of the sedan segment. A 7-Series or S-Class would be over a thousand bucks per month as well. If it was me, I personally would lease a nice new 5-Series or E-Class and pocket the difference but we all have our own budgets. They just seem like more bang for the buck to me.

Audi is currently providing $2,500 loyalty cash or $2,000 conquest cash on leases of the '08 A8. It's likely that you qualify for one of these incentives. Plus this car probably has a spread of around $5,500 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That's a total of $7,500 to $8,000 to play with in your negotiations. You are only being given a $3,500 discount on this car. I personally would want a larger discount if I was in the market for one.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man: Thanks for the feedback. I hear you on the bang for the buck front. I currently drive a A6, and it's a great car for a lot less money. But I need the large back seat for long distance driving with the family.

On the price front, please tell me if I'm thinking about this right. As I see it, the dealer has offered me about $3,500 off list price. I'm also getting the $2,500 Audi customer loyalty discount and Audi is making my first lease payment (worth about $1,500). So, if I negotiate a further $500 price reduction, that would total to $8,000 in discount, right?

Many thanks for your help. It's a great forum!

thbell
    No problem, thbell. I didn't realize that the dealer was giving you the $2,500 in addition to the $3,500 dealer discount. That makes this deal look a lot better. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to shave another $500 to $1,000 off of the selling price.

Car_man
    Host
  • mark1234mark1234 Member Posts: 7
    Hey guys,
    I just wanted to give everyone an update on my Audi experience in Virginia. I have a 2007 BMW 530xi coming off lease. Although I was happy with my car, I was looking to upgrade. I looked at an Audi A8L a few weeks ago. There was one in the showroom, with the B&O audio/Sport package, etc, for an MSRP of around 89,000, and we negotiated to around 84,500. The lease options were very unattractive with residuals of about 40%. The sales manager bascially said that some companies, i.e. BMW, create incentives that favor leasing vs Audi, which seems to encourage buying outright. I am aure I could have gotten more of a deal but I just found it hard to justify buying or leasing a car with that much depreciation. I finally settled on a BMW 550.
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Car Man,
    Can you give me the AFS lease rates for the A8 42 MONTHS AND 39 MONTHS FOR 15K miles a year. Also is Audi providing any cash on this car other than the $1500 loyalty? They provide conquest right? Can the conquest and loyalty be used together?
    Thanks
    I sure can shawn757. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 41%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The $1,500 loyalty / conquest offer on leases ($3,000 on purchases) is the main cash incentive on this car right now. I doubt that they can be combined though.

Car_man
    Host
  • adam0776adam0776 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Thanks for your hard work, Im a fan of your posts.

Can you give me the AFS lease rates for the 2012 A8L for 36 MONTHS /15K miles a year. Also is Audi providing any cash on this car for new owners coming from 2008 LS460?

I know they were doing that for the '11 MY a few months back, but Im not sure if it carried over to the '12 models.

Thanks
    You're welcome and thank you adam0776.

Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, Audi does have a cash incentive on the '12 A8 for current Lexus owners. It's $1,500 on leases and $3,000 on purchases.

Car_man
    Host
  • steinomitesteinomite Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,
    You always have the info.
    Do you have the money factor and residuals for 36/39/42 with 15k/year? Do you recommend waiting a few months or jumping in now as I know the 2012's just arrived...
  • dons66dons66 Member Posts: 4
    Does Audi offer a 48 month lease on a 2012 a8 l if so what is the money factor and residual with 12k per year.
    edited October 2011
    Hi steinomite. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00118 and 47%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00138 and 45%.

It's always difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future programs, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Audi's December program for the A8 was more attractive than its current program.

Car_man
    Host
    It sure does dons66. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2012 A8 are .00172 and 42%.

Car_man
    Host
  • imanurdimanurd Member Posts: 1
    Wow those numbers are really bad. Based on those residuals and that money factor, the A8 lease will be quite a bit more than the BMW 7-series with nearly a $20k higher sticker price.
    Yeah, BMW's offers on the 7-Series are solid right now...especially after they introduced the $3,500 cash incentive on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • steinomitesteinomite Member Posts: 3
    Car man, what is the money factor and residual for November for 15k/year 36 months? Thx
    Hi steinomite. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00098 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • runesrunes Member Posts: 4
    Carman,
    What is the rate for the 2012 A8 if we only drive 10K per year? Is the money factor different? Is the residual higher with the lower mileage? I'm a current Audi owner. In an earlier post you mentioned a reward/loyalty program. Is that still in effect? Thanks in advance
    Hi runes. The money factor would be the same for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 3% higher.

Audi is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this car to loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • longprairielongprairie Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2012
    Car_man: What are the February 2012 lease numbers (money factor and residual) for the 36/39 month 15,000 mi/yr Audi A8L leases? How does the money rate relate to interest rate? Any incentives for Range Rover owners? When would deals be expected on 2012 models as the 2013 models roll out? Any advice on negotiating the best lease rate this time of year? Thanks for all your assistance.
    Here you go longprairie. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00078 and 43%.

One can convert a money factor into an approximate money factor equivalent by multiplying it by 2400.

Audi is currently providing a $2,500 cash incentive on this car to current Range Rover owners.

It's difficult to say what Audi's future programs will be like on this car.

In order to get the best deal, shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer take the cash incentive and base money factor into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • audifan13audifan13 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    I just leased one last night. 42mos., money factor was .00088 & 40% residual & I also got the 2500 competitor move discount as well as another1500 audi financial special incentive. Overall, i feel I got a killer deal & even if i didn't, what matters is my perception of what I got:) !!
  • longprairielongprairie Member Posts: 6
    Thanks!
    Car Man: I’m thinking about leasing a 2012 Audi A8L. What are the February 2012 lease numbers (money factor and residual) for the 36 month 12,000 and 15,000 mi/yr Audi A8L leases? I am an existing Audi A8L lessee. Are there any loyalty incentives for current Audi A8L lessees? My current leased car will have a significant excess mileage charge (around $3-4K) when my lease expires, but also has about 1-2K of positive “equity” in the optional buyout price compared to current market value. Any advice on negotiating the best way out of the excess mileage charges? Thanks for all your assistance.

thbell
    No problem longprairie.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for thbell. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00058 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Audi is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive for current AFS lessees who lease a new A8.

$1,000 in equity might not be enough to make a difference when you turn your current car in, but it's worth a shot. See if the dealer will be willing to do anything for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • skialpineskialpine Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

I see some 2013 A8s showing up in dealer lots. Could you please provide the current lease rates for 2012 and 2013 A8 cars with 36 month/12,000 and 15,000 miles a year.

Also do you know of any incentives Audi may be offering dealers to help clear out the remaining 2012 models.

Many thanks.
  • yink63yink63 Member Posts: 3
    Can you give me the AFS lease rates for the 2012 A8L for 42 MONTHS /15K miles a year. Also is Audi providing any cash on this car? Is 1g over invoice reasonable? another issue is i need to get out of my lease on my 2011 s5, with 14.5g miles and approx 18mos left on the lease, and was told there is a 4g buyout, is this my best option?

thx for your help.
    Yep, skialpine, I have heard that the 2013 A8s are selling. They were the first '13 Audi models to begin to arrive at dealers.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00063 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00036 and 46%.

The residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Audi is providing a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 model to current owners of Audis and select competitive luxury makes.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello yink63. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 42%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Audi is currently providing a $3,000 cash incentive on leases of this car to current owners and lessees of Audis and select competitive luxury makes.

$1,000 over invoice minus the cash if you are eligible for it seems like a reasonable offer to me.

Eighteen months is a lot of time left on a lease. Obviously, your least expensive option would be to wait until you are closer to the scheduled end of your current deal to get something new. If you have to get something now it's likely going to cost you. You will have to either find someone to assume your lease or pay a decent penalty to get out early.

Car_man
    Host
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    A8L - 2013 - in the dealers? Or arrival dates?

Thanks.
    Hi dssxxxx. The 2013 A8s should be out there at dealers already. Audi already has programs on them.

Car_man
    Host
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    Will check it out. Mine will 3 yearss old in November, with 14K on it. Going to be a good buy for someone.
  • skialpineskialpine Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

Thanks for answering my questions on a May lease, I am still working on my deal so I wondered if you could update me on what the lease rates look like for June for the 2013 SWB A8. I am looking for
    10K and 12K and 36 and 42 months.

Many thanks!
    I'd be happy to provide you with an update, skialpine. Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 SWB A8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease would be .00112 and 46%.

The residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    Hi Car_man,

Can you give me residual and money factor for July for the 2012 A8 L? Also, any loyalty or other incentives?

Thanks.
    Paging Car_man!
    Sorry for the delay in my response, richz. I was on vacation. Here you go.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A8L with 15,000 miles per year are .00016 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as the incentives that are available on this model go, there is $3,000 loyalty cash, Audi is waiving its first month's payment and there is free Audi Care maintenance on it

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks. The dealer told me the money factor was 0.00068. I know BMW dealers can markup the money factor, is he doing the same since his is much higher than yours?
  • emrannycemrannyc Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

i just looked at a 2012 A8L 4.2 for 96,000 sticker price and $88,000 invoice price. what would the monthly lease look like for 20,000 miles for a 39 month lease?

Do you suggest going for the 2013 A8 3.0 (sounded loud but not stiff) or waiting for the 2013 version with a 4.0 engine?

Thank you,
    Emran
    You're welcome richz. If your credit is in good shape and you're talking about a 2012 A8L then yes I would say that the dealer is attempting to mark your car's money factor up to pad the deal.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.