Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier Audi A8 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Emran. If it was me, I personally would wait and see what the new 4.0 A8 is like before pulling the trigger. With something that expensive it pays to do it right :). Audi has a lease program out on the 4.0 now so if they aren't at dealers yet they should be gin arriving in the near future.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • skialpineskialpine Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    Hi Car_Man,

Back again. I am almost done. This month or next month for sure (the car I ordered is on a boat)! I am looking for the August rates for a 2013 A8 3.0T SWB. I am interested in 36M and 42M for 10K and 12K miles. I hope do get a rate lock-in if possible this week.

Your information has made working with the dealer much less stressful. Thanks for this really valuable service.
    You're very welcome skialpine. I'm glad that I have been able to help you out.

Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A8 3.0T SWB with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00092 and 49%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • sancrissancris Member Posts: 21
    Hi Car-Man;

Could you tell me the MF and residual for a 2013 A8 3.0T SWB for 36 months (10K Miles)?

Thank you for your help.
  • pepe11pepe11 Member Posts: 41
    Hi Car_Man,
    Back in a July post you mentioned that Audi had an incentive of providing free Audi Care maintenance. Is that still out there and if so, is it included on straight purchase also? Thanks - time is of the essence!!
    Here you go sancris. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A8 3.0 SWB with 10,000 miles per year are .00072 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pepe11. Yes, Audi is still providing free Audi Care on the A8. This incentive is available regardless of whether you purchase or lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man. Is that on 2013's only? I'm about to purchase a 2012 tomorrow evening. Thanks in advance!
    Having closed on the deal last night, I can answer my own question. The free Audi Care is for all new A8's. Love the car, love the deal. Fyi - my deal was: MSRP $90,155, out the door for $76,155 +TTL.
  • joannb99joannb99 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

What is the rate lease money factor on an A8L 3.0 for 42 months, 10k miles per year. I made a deal for $81,500 which is $1025.00 over dealer invoice but I think the dealer is padding the money factor because he is telling me my cap cost is $2798 + $5204 upfront...for a total of $8004.00 upfront, which is tax at 8.125 rate, tags $84.50, bank fee of $695, $75 doc fee for a payment of $864 per month for 42 months. Of course they are getting the 3k royalty rebate as well......

Thanks for your help...as I need to sign this paperwork.
    Hi joannb99. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A8L 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00060 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • parrot12parrot12 Member Posts: 2
    Looking at '13 A8L - 36 month lease. (virgin leasor) I know there is a down payment, monthly factor, and residual, looking at 15k per year. What are some rough numbers on the car if the MSRP is about 96k before taxes? also any advise, was going to search via internet in my area to find the best dealership?
  • archie2010archie2010 Member Posts: 3
    I am also looking to lease a 2013 short wheel base A8 with MSRP of around 95k in Southern California.

Lease Details: 15k/year, 42 months

Can you please provide the moneyfactor and residual?

Thank you for your help.
  • parrot12parrot12 Member Posts: 2
    how does one go about negociating the innitial up front cost, and how does that fit into the lease equation? Or what is reasonable on a $95,000 MSRP and a 36m 12k/year lease?
    Greetings parrot12. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You can look up this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Let me know what these numbers are and I'll gladly use Audi's current lease program to work up a payment on this car for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you are looking for archie2010. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a short wheel base 2013 Audi A8 3.0 through Audi Financial Services' right now for 42 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00092 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey parrot12. Ideally on a lease you should pay as little money upfront as possible. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction on leased vehicles. Consumers who make large down payments on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it's much safer to go with a zero down lease. At signing, most banks require lessees to pay their vehicle's first month's payment, an acquisition fee...which in Audi Financial Services' case is $695, possibly a security deposit and certain state taxes or fees. Some of these things, like the acquisition fee can even be rolled into the cap cost and not paid at signing.

The bottom line is try to lay out as little out of pocket initially as possible when leasing.

Car_man
    Host
  • ajkajk Member Posts: 13
    Car_man

I want to see if I can reach for the A8L. Can you tell me what the MF and residual is for a 30 and 36 month lease, 10 miles please? Do you know if they are still including maintenance with it?

Thank you!
    Hey ajk. Audi Financial Services November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30-month lease of a 2013 A8L with 10,000 miles per year are .00040 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00040 and 53%.

Yes, Audi is still offering free maintenance on the A8. There's $3,000 to current owners of Audis and competitive luxury models as well. And they're waiving the first month's payment on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • someguyinkcsomeguyinkc Member Posts: 3
    I am likely going to purchase or lease a 2014 A8L. I'd like to know a few things Car man, if you don't mind:

1) Is there a certain time of year that lease prices are worst or best? (are the rates typically highest at the beginning of the model year to gouge the excited new buyers?)

2) Is the only real hope that a guy has to get a good monthly lease price to negotiate a lower purchase price for an A8L from a dealer in the USA? i.e. are these money factors and residuals pretty much non-negotiable?

3) How are you privy to these numbers? Is there a better way to find out what the current numbers are, other than bugging you with questions? I was considering following rates this year and expecting them to be similar next year.

thanks,

someguy
    edited November 2012
    Hi someguy. typically the end of the year is the very best time to get a good deal on a new vehicle. Of course this is a generalization and exactly when the best possible deal is available on any one specific model can vary.

Vehicles' residual values are not negotiable. Money factors are only partially negotiable in that dealers cannot offer consumers lower factors than banks' buy rates...however they are often allowed to mark vehicles' rates up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. This is why it is important for consumers to know what they buy rate money factor is on their vehicle before finalizing their deal. After that, as you mentioned it is important to negotiate an attractive selling price.

I am not aware of any resource that provides detailed information on banks' actual lease programs to the general public.

Car_man
    Host
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Hi carman, what is the money factor and residual for a 2013 A8 4.0T for 36 months 12kmi/year? I own an Infinity M37, does it qualify for the $3000 conquest cash that you mentioned?
  • cloudwalk1cloudwalk1 Member Posts: 3
    Car_Man-

I recently asked for a quote on a 3 year, 36,000 mile one-time pay lease (i.e., I pay one payment at lease inception) on a A8L 3.0. The resulting proposal utilized a 53% residual value and a .00045 money factor (1.08%). My car would have AudiCare which I understand adds to the residual assumption.

Can you please give me guidance as to whether (i) the 53% residual value assumption is in line with current Audi Financial numbers and (ii) whether you view the .00045 money factor as attractive or do I have room to negotiate? I have been able to secure a pretty good deal on the purchase price of the car, thus it is these two assumptions that I am trying to verify are at market.

Thanks for your help.
  • lbs3lbs3 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man can you give me the money factor and residual for a 36 month, 15,000 mile lease on a 2013 A8 3.0T? I've been browsing these forums for a few months, thanks for the great info!
    Hey topgun7. How have you been? I hope that you're doing well. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A8 4.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, Infiniti is one of the brands that is eligible for the conquest cash offer.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings cloudwalk1. the 53% residual value that you were quoted is correct. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a normal 36-month lease of a 2013 A8L 3.0 is only .00040. Plus there is a .00100 money factor reduction for 3-year pre-paid leases. Of course, your money factor can never go negative. AFS' minimum money factor is .00005, so that's probably what should be used for a pre-paid lease of this model. In any event, the money factor that you were quoted is too high.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks lbs3. I'm glad that you like the forums.

Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A8 3.0T with 15,000 miles per year are .00072 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    36-month lease of a 2013 A8 4.0T with 12,000 miles per year are .00080 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man, thanks for the quick response.. Looks like the 50% residual is going to be a deal breaker.. May be I should look for an S7 which has the same 4.0T engine 8-). I am doing great. I retired since 2006 (I was 46 then 8-)) and with your help I got an 08 Lexus LS460 as my retirement car. I traded then in for an Infinity M37 (with your help also.. see the trend 8-))and now I am looking for a post retirement-retirement car 8-). I may have to bother you later in different sub forum here.. I really like BMW and Audi cars this year. Next year, Mercedes cars with the new engines and electronics will be quite exciting too.. I don't know if I can hold on until then 8-) but I will try. Talk to you soon.
    Wow you retired at 46 and are getting an A8. Good for you :shades: ! Are you hiring ;) ? See you around the boards. Happy Holidays!

Car_man
    Host
  • mancavermancaver Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    Hi Car_Man--I have been an avid reader of these forums recently; you have been a great help in my recent purchase of a BMW X3 35i (in September) and just two weeks ago a beautiful silver Audi A8 4.0 short wheelbase. For what it's worth, I thought I would share the details for the good of the order: ice silver metallic, black interior, convenience package, driver assistance package, comfort package, LED headlights, 20" 10-spoke wheels w/all-season tires, cold weather package, media cable, all-weather floor mats and Audi Care. MSRP is $93,865; negotiated sales price: $85,527 (includes $3,200 preferred equipment credit and $3,000 bonus, $2,138 price reduction); 36 month lease at 15,000 miles per year; money factor is 0.0008 and residual is $44,426. No security deposit, and Audi made first lease payment. Zero dollars paid at time of purchase. Thank you for all of your help.
  • dssxxxxdssxxxx Member Posts: 69
    What is your monthly payment, if you do not mind me asking?

Usually trade in and balance in cash. Wife's 2012 A7 and my 2009 A8L. Looking at 2013 A8L 4.0 and might take the 3.0 after driving the wife's.

Tnx.
    Sure---$1,277.83/month--includes sales tax.
    Tnx.

Happy New Year.
  • doctorg24doctorg24 Member Posts: 15
    Hi CarMan,

Thank you for all your help here and happy new year!

I am looking to lease a 2012 A8L...never leased before. Yikes!

What are the money factor and residual for 10k miles right now???

I feel like I should be able to get a great deal right now. Audi even has a $799 lease offer on the 2013, but I'm not sure how feasible it is to get one of those?

Thanks again,
    Doc
    Thanks for the kind words mancaver. I'm glad that you've found the forums so helpful. thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your new A8 lease with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    What's up Doc? (I know that it was bad, but I couldn't resist, sorry). If you really want to lease, you really should go with a 2013 A8 over a 2012 model. Audi is not providing lease support on '12 models any more.

Car_man
    Host
  • doctorg24doctorg24 Member Posts: 15
    Thanks. I have changed gears and am now interested in a Mercedes CLS550...I posted a question over in that forum that hopefully you can answer.

Thank again.
    Save some money. Wife wanted the CLS, drove the A7 Prestige and saved me $20K+.
  • mibnymibny Member Posts: 14
    Hey guys ... I have heard horror stories about these vehicles once the warranty has expired. Are they true ?
  • droeper1droeper1 Member Posts: 3
    Car man:
    Would you be so kind as to provide the January money factors and residuals for Audi A8 3.0 and 4.0 for a 24 and 36 month lease with 12,000?
    Thanks!
    Certainly droeper1. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 A8 3.0 with 12,000 miles per year are .00072 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00072 and 51%.

The numbers for the '13 A8 4.0 are .00064 / 55% and .00064 / 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • droeper1droeper1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much kind sir!
    You're very welcome, droeper1. Good luck in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Dear Car_man;

I just saw your response on the numbers for the A7, thank you for your help, but I think I am better off leasing a 2013 A8 NWB.

The numbers I have been given for a 36 month, 10K miles per year lease are 53% residual and 0.00072 MF, is that correct? I am getting $1,000 over invoice minus the $3,000 loyalty, so I would be paying about $2,000 under invoice price, does that sound like a good price?

Lastly, I read something in a forum about a preferred equipment credit that Audi is giving to move the 2013 A8s, have you heard anything about that?

Thank you.
    Hi;
    Sounds like you got a great car. I am looking to lease a 2013 A8 and I see you received a preferred equipment credit.
    Could you tell me how you got that credit? Is it only for certain options? Will the dealer include that credit on cars that need to be ordered?
    Thank you for your help.
    Hi sancris--yes, I am extremely pleased with my A8--I have owned it for 2 and 1/2 months, and I am still thrilled every time I drive it. I did not order the car, but my local dealer found it at a Cleveland Audi dealer--the sticker already reflected the preferred equipment credit, so I didn't have to ask for it; it probably is only available for a heavily optioned model like the one I leased. The additional $3,000 loyalty bonus was available since I was turning in an A4 at lease end, and the no security deposit, "free" Audi-care and Audi's making the first lease payment were all part of an Audi program available to all A8 buyers, I think. I don't know if that program still exists. The local dealer appeared to also be motivated by a desire to close the deal before year end 2012---but I think all dealers will (should) always have some motivation to sell. Good luck--hope this helps.
    Dear Mancaver;
    Thank you for your reply, it definitely helps. I am getting the Loyalty Bonus since I have a 2006 A8 which I will turn in when I lease the new A8, and I am also getting a 6% discount off the MSRP by being an Audi Club of America member for more than 6 months, but you are right, the first payment offer is no longer available. I saw online a few cars with the preferred credit on the sticker, I wasn't sure if I had to ask the dealer.
    Thanks and Good Luck
    Hey sancris. Yes the numbers that you were quoted for the A8 are indeed correct.

I'd say that $1,000 over invoice minus the loyalty cash is a decent deal for this car.

I haven't heard anything about a preferred equipment price reduction, but I usually don't keep very close tabs op option package discounts.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you. I am ready to lease the car but there is a charge on the final quote that I do not understand. Do you know what the CapTax1 amount refers to? The dealer mentioned that it represents the taxes on the loyalty, but I can't see how.

Thanks.
    You're welcome sancris. I didn't see your deal so I can't say exactly what each charge represents. Having said that, generally speaking consumers have to pay sales tax on consumer-facing incentives, which loyalty cash would be one, but not on dealer cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.