Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• jack820jack820 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man:

Thanks for the rate info. I'm still skeptical: the offer is $529/mo for a 2013 A6 2.0 quattro Premium Plus, excluding TTL. I add that in and I'm around $570. The upfront being asked for is $695 origination and $2995 down. This is a 39 month lease. When I use .0166 and 55% on a $50995 MSRP and a $49000 "real" price I get a pre-tax number of $710.

I'm in my rookie year with this stuff so I very well could be missing something. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi uncle_davey. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Audi Financial Services' buy rate for this model, which is a good thing. A selling price of under dealer invoice is excellent as well. If you like the car, go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome swamiv.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jack820. What are this car's MSRP and selling price? Those numbers will make it much easier for me to evaluate your deal. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • rw799rw799 Member Posts: 5
    uncle_davey,

What package is this, premium plus? What state are you in? I am in IL looking to shop/buy this Saturday. Do those prices include TTL?

Thanks in advance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2012
    Car_Man,

I am looking to lease the 2013 A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus for 39 months and they don't publish the money factor or residual %. Do you have that info for 10,000 and 15,000 miles per year? Also, my wife may (probably will) want me to purchase the car at the end of the lease. If I exceed the mileage limit, are those fees typically waived if I am purchasing the vehicle for the residual value that the lease was based upon? Would the lease-end disposition fee be waived, too?

Thanks much,

bandit19
    Hi bandit19. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 3% higher.

You are correct that you would not have to pay an excess mileage penalty if you purchase your vehicle at lease-end, but you really shouldn't lease something knowing that you will drive more than your allowed mileage. something could happen during the course of your lease that would cause you to not want to buy your car at lease-end, such as it was in an accident, it gave you trouble, you got sick of it, your lifestyle changed, etc... You don't want to have to be stuck paying a huge excess mileage penalty. It's always cheaper to pay for the miles that you will use in advance. Besides you really aren't saving anything by going with a low mileage lease on a vehicle that you want to buy at lease-end because its residual value, and in turn its end-of-term purchase option price will just be higher anyhow.

Car_man
    Host
  • uncle_daveyuncle_davey Member Posts: 3
    Thanks car_man. would like to get the upfront down
  • uncle_daveyuncle_davey Member Posts: 3
    premium plus
    nj
    all in
  • Thanks Car_Man. Would the money factor at 10,000 miles also be .00159?
  • alexallyalexally Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2012
    Hi Car_Man,

I am tempted to go for the lease offered by my local San Francisco Bay Area, CA dealer:

$699 36 month closed-end lease
    $2194 cash due at signing
    $0 Security deposit
    $0 First Month Payment
    $1499 Down Payment
    $2194 Due at Signing (excluding Taxes, title, other options and dealer fees)
    Rate based on 55,595 MSRP (I have not sat down and negotiated yet, thus don't know the selling price)
    $350 Disposition fee due at lease end.
    $0.25 over 10,000 miles per year
    Purchase option at lease end for $31,689

I have a few questions:

1. How much under the MSRP would be a reasonable selling price for such a6 model?
    2. How much do the "excluded" taxes, title, dealer fees typically run?
    3. What are the Money Factor and Residual Value for a 2013 3.0 A6 Quattro Premium Plus?
    4. The advertised $699 will be plus tax (9.75%)? = $767.15 Any other hidden fee??
    5. Is it a good deal?

Thank you so much for any info that you can provide. My husband is the worst car shopper I know so I have to do all the research and go to the dealer myself. The lease deal ends on 9/4/2012.

I am a first time leaser so I need any advice you can provide me with.
  • romo_007romo_007 Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2012
    Hi Alexally,

I am in the market for the A6 3.0T as well and I live in Bay Area. I believe With 10k miles per year you should be able to negotiate your payment down a little more.

I will be going to a dealer tomorrow and will post my numbers on the board.
    Thanks romo_007. Yes please post your numbers after you get your deal. Very much appreciated!
  • hessianhessian Member Posts: 5
    I actually only need 10000 miles on a 2012 A6. Plus not sure if things have changed in September. Please update. Also since its late in the year, how much should you get off of MSRP. I was offered $4K + $1K for the loyalty discount. I was going to push for more. Let me know your thoughts.
    You're welcome bandit19. Yes, the money factor stays the same regardless of the mileage allowance.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi alexally. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

If I was in the market for a 2013 Audi A6 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice, minus the $1,500 owner loyalty cash if you are eligible for it.

Through September 4th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a lower selling price on the car that you want than the one that was used to calculate the monthly payment in Audi's official advertised lease program for this model.

Tax, title, and license fees vary from state to state.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2012
    Hi hessian. AFS' residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 3% higher than its residual for a lease with 15,000 miles per year.

Audi's August lease program is scheduled to run through September 4th. Please feel free to check back with me later this week for an update on what the new September numbers are like if you're interested.

As far as selling price gores, I personally would shoot for $500 or so over invoice minus the available loyalty cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • cestuscestus Member Posts: 6
    Car_man -- thanks so much for the valuable info!
    Thanks Car-Man for your valuable input. I ended up getting a lease before 9/4 for a 2013 A6 Premium Plus Quattro at about $1400 off MSRP (they wouldn't knock the price down further because they had to get the car from some other dealer for the ext/int color combo that I wanted) plus incentive and lease the car with MF at .0016. Somehow the RV was at 59.8% which I thought is high for 15,000K/yr. I was able to calculate the monthly payment with you link you suggested on my own which was right on with what they showed me on the lease. Thanks again!!!
  • 54gt54gt Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I'm considering a 36-month, 12,000 mi/year lease on a '13 A6 2.0 Premuim Plus Quattro, and I'm hoping you can provide the September MF and residual numbers if they've been published. Also, will opting for Audicare improve the residual?
  • bobbydbobbyd Member Posts: 14
    Hello. I've seen a lot of offers listed, but I was wondering what I should expect to pay for an Audi 3.0 Premium Plus 36 or 39 month lease? I figure if you all can give me an idea of what a good monthly payment is, I'll know when I have a good offer. I would like to add Audi Care, the cold weather package and the side assist.

In addition, with the "Summer of Audi" over, should I wait until the Winter event? I'm in no rush. I don't have an Audi loyalty credit either.

Also, I live in Nashville now, so there's not a lot of competition like I had a year ago in the Los Angeles area. Should I expand my search to Memphis, Louisville and Birmingham in order to get the best offer?

Thanks,

TM
  • john33ajohn33a Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car_Man,

Here is what I have been offered:

Invoice: $55,600
    2013 Audi A6 3.0 Premium Plus/with added options - $59,120 MSRP
    $1000 off - New Owner Appreciation
    Negotiated Price - $57,000
    Final Price: $56,000

For the 36 months/12,000 miles, I was offered 1.41% interest rate and 55% residual. Is that a good deal?

Thanks.
  • dadovandadovan Member Posts: 1
    Looks like I'm a bit late to the party and just missed the summer event. My question is similar to 54gt's. I'm looking at a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus with an MSRP of about $52220 (before rebates/discounts). For a 42 or 48 month lease (10k miles/year), what interest rate and residual percentage should I expect if I have great credit? Are these set by Audi or can I negotiate these with my dealer?

I'm not sure if a 48 month lease is worthwhile, but 4 years (or 50k miles) is the length of the limited warranty.

Is there something like an upcoming winter event I should be waiting for? :)

Thanks for the help. :)
  • sancrissancris Member Posts: 21
    Hi Car-Man;

Could you tell me the MF and residual for a 2013 A6 2.0 Quattro Premium Plus for 36 months (10K Miles)?

Thank you for your help.
    Any time cestus.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome alexally. Thanks for stopping back and letting us all know how things turned out. Enjoy your new A6, it's a great car.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, 54gt. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00148 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The purchase of Audi Care boosts the residual value by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello john33a. A selling price of $1,400 over invoice minus the available incentives on a 2013 A6 is pretty good.

The money factor that you were quoted is correct, but it is actually .00141, not 1.41%. This money factor is equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.38%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sancris. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00148 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • 54gt54gt Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Car_Man! Now I'm ready to make my move.
  • lawman2420lawman2420 Member Posts: 4
    Dear Car Man, to pick up on this tread may you please tell me about my deal offer made yesterday (9/12/12):

2013 Audi A6 Q 2.02 Premium Plus MSRP 51,395; discount $2,597 (includes $1000 loyalty); 42 mo lease, 18k miles per year, residual 48.9% ($25,132), MF .00189, tax rate 7.25%. I am getting $6500 trade in value on my 2006 A6 3.2 Prem pkg. with 120k. No cash down.

My lease rate quote is $638 but the calculator says it should be $575.
    I have top notch 750 plus credit and was told this was top tier Audi MF (but was told it equates to 1.9% but does not and is higher than what you quoted for the subject post 1105.

What should my MF be, residual, trade-in, be and did I mess up the math on the monthly lease rate. Thanks. To see dealer again in 4 hours or to hold off till tomorrow.
  • howdymanhowdyman Member Posts: 7
    Car Man or kyfdx:

Can you please provide the Sept MF and residual for 3 year 12K and 15K per year (top tier credit) for a 3.0 Premium Plus ?

Thank you

Howdyman
    You're very welcome 54gt.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lawman2420. The money factor that you were quoted is too high. If you qualify for Audi Financial Services' top credit tier, its buy rate lease money factor for a 42-month lease of this car should be .00168, which is equivalent to an interest rate of slightly over 4%.

As far as this car's selling price goes, there is a spread of around $3,400 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,500 discount that you were quoted isn't bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat it by a little if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition. Now that I look at it. Audi actually has $1,500 loyalty cash available on it right now, not the $1,000 that you were told. So in reality you're only getting a $1,000 discount. I definitely think that you can do better than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly howdyman. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • howdymanhowdyman Member Posts: 7
    Car Man or kyfdx

Car Man, I should have been more precise. My question was for a 2013 A6 3.0 Premium Plus.

Can you please provide the Sept MF and residual for 12K and 15K for 36 months.

thank you

Howdyman
    edited September 2012
    Should dealer lease to me at their "buy rate?"

I thought in another post to Sancris #1107 you said top tier rate was .00148 so that's why I thought I was really getting gouged. Is the MF differing depending on my 42 months vs. 36 and my 18k vs 12k miles?

Also, if you check the details in the calculator, they are hitting me for final montly payment of much more than the calculator says. is there a trick in their bag on this issue that I should look out for?

Thanks. Awesome insight on the discounting.
  • billw39billw39 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Hi car_man,

I'm looking at the following two scenarios:

1) Buy A6 Prestige for $55,528. MSRP is $59,170 (before 7% NJ sales tax)
    2) Lease for 36 mo. with $10,000 down and 12,000 miles for $633.85 (incl. tax) and $31,360 residual

Which do you feel is the better deal financially?

Thanks!
    Hi Carman, may you please tell me the residual on a 2013 A6 2.0t Q for a 42 month 18k lease? Thanks again.
    I wanted to check this with you. I went to your link to hand-compute my lease payment and I kept coming off dramatically different than the dealers I am negotiating. Today one finally took the time to review my numbers and said in Illinois is it not correct to just multiply the lease payment by the tax rate. They said that I must pay taxes on the full MSRP, less discounts, but manufacturer incentives (loyalty) must stay in. Then that becomes part of the financed amount too so the taxes are charged in full, then on top of that I pay juice on them per month of the lease. Heard of this before?

Also, I read in your other link that no one should put money into the lease because it is more profitable to keep it out, for example on a trade. One reason was that it you don't get a dollar for dollar benefit by putting it in and that seems to be correct. The other reason stated was that you lose the money in case of a total loss. I am confused as to how, since my insurance needs to repair or replace, so how do I lose anything.

Thanks for you great insight.
    Ah ha, howdyman. OK, Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00141 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    If I was in the market for this car, I personally would insist that the dealer use the buy rate to calculate my payment. The factor for a 42-month lease is slightly higher than it is for a 36-month lease. That explains the difference.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi billw39. I am not opposed to leasing this car, however you definitely should not make such a large down payment if you do so. I always advise consumers to put as little as possible down when leasing. This means do not make a capitalized cost reduction. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, it is much safer to go with a zero down lease.

If you are getting the same selling price for the lease, one deal isn't necessarily any better than the other. It's more a matter of personal preference than anything.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly lawman2420. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0T Premium quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00168 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I gave you the 15,000 mile per year residual value for this car because that is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual value percentages for. If you need to drive more than that, you will likely have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it would be to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi lawman2420. Unfortunately what you were told is correct. Illinois is one of the worst states in terms of sales tax on leased vehicles. They do indeed charge sales tax on the vehicle's entire selling price. Ouch.

As far as losing your down payment on a lease. Here's the scenario, You make a $10,000 down payment on a car that's worth $30,000. The next day it's totaled in an accident. The insurance company pays off the lease company for the $30,000 value of your car but they do not refund you any money. Poof the down payment is gone.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man, thank you. What is the residual for September and 10,000 miles? Is it really 56% or is it 53% or some other number? Thanks.
    edited September 2012
    Hello Car_Man, one more question if I may. I am considering making a one time downpayment to pay off an entire lease (36 months) in one payment, which is cheaper than paying every month. I was told by the dealer than in case of a total loss, the GAP protection will cover my payment. Is it true? How does it work if the car is totaled before the lease ends? I do not know if it matters or not, but I plan on keeping the car after 3 years. Also, you said that the September money factor converts to about 3.38% interest. If pay off an entire lease with one payment, does the interest decrease and by how much? Thanks .
  • ecola888ecola888 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Car Man,

Could you please post the residuals and MF for a 36 month, 10K miles lease of either a 2012 or 2013 A6 Prestige?

Thanks.
  • cirderf13cirderf13 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Car Man,

What is your opinion on Audi's(AFS) Special Offer lease on a 36 month/10,000 mile per year lease of $529/mo. $0 security deposit, $529 first month, $695 acquisition fee, $2435 down payment ($3659 due at signing)? The car is 2013 2.0T quattro Premium Plus with cold weather package, Tiptronic and destination charge. Rate is based on MSRP of $50,045(with $29,026 purchase option at end of lease).

Is it common to be able to negotiate a better deal than one that is advertised nationally by the manufacturer's finance arm?

Please advise. It seems like a good deal to me but after reading these other posts I'm not so sure.

Thanks for your advice.
    Hi john33a. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00141 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.