Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi ducati996. I see that you have good taste in motorcycles and cars :) . Your lease payment for the car that you are considering will vary depending upon how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro with an MSRP of $49,940 and a selling price of $47,139 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $629.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hello seanshin. Let be begin by saying that $5,000 is way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers against making any sort of down payment when leasing. I do so for two main reasons. The first is if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen during your lease, your down payment essentially disappears. The second main reason is that down payments on leased vehicles do nothing to reduce their lease-end purchase prices. So your lease-end purchase option price for your A6 would be exactly the same, regardless of whether you had put $5,000 down, or had made absolutely no down payment at all. At lease signing, all you need to pay are your vehicle's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment (I even think that Audi is waiving its security deposit requirement this month), a $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

In your post you mentioned this car's MSRP and dealer invoice prices, but never what its specific selling price is. Are you implying that you are getting this car for invoice? If so, that is a good deal. If not, what is your car's selling price. Keep in mind that Audi is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car in April to current owners of Audis or a number of other luxury brands.

Car_man
    Host
  • ducati996ducati996 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback i was going to put 4000 total down can you do the payment for 24 and 36 months i can do 12K or 15K.

Thanks again.
  • seanshinseanshin Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for answers...

i bought the A6 2006 CVT 3.2 sedan with sunroof and prem.packages.

the Deal was...
    for 24monthes 10,000 mile/year

$2200 singing pay...
    Capitalized cost reduction $479.07
    Taxes on Capitalized Cost reduction $37.13
    Frist Month $650 (in tax)
    no security Deposit,title,registration fees
    Acquisition $575
    License Fee $357
    sales Tax $48.05
    Documentary fee $ 45
    CA tire Fee $ 8.75

Total $2200

(but it doesnt show on the paper even i purchased Dingfree option $200 for 2year)

so, total i paid in cash was $2200(include dingfree)

the Gross Capitalized Cost : $43729.59 (i think it is selling price right?)

and i paid CCR $ 479.05
    so..

adjusted Capitalized Cost is $ 43250.52
    the residual value was $ 29753.60

so.. how does carman think about this deal?
  • genesis72genesis72 Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

I live in NJ and look to enter into a 36month/15,000mile lease for a A6 3.2 with a premium package, sunroof package and navigation. The original MSRP is $50,440, selling price is $47,344 and adj selling price is $50,098 (capitalizing inception fees of: registeration $254, documentation $166, first monthly payment and 6% sales tax). Total Cap cost is $50,674. The dealership is suggesting a 51% residual and 0.00056 factor. Ignoring the $1000 rebate and assuming zero down payment, they are saying the lease payment is $735. Does that make sense, it seems high to me given the other posts here. Id love to hear your thoughts.
  • umguyumguy Member Posts: 4
    Could someone help me out with a lease.

I've got a car for a trade... a 2004 S4 w/ 47000 miles. Kelly Blue book is for 27,000 trade in, they appraised it at 24,000. I owe 20,000 on my loan. They offered to pay my loan off and give me $700 a month lease rate.

The sticker on the A6 is 53,000. 3.2, Premium and technology package, sunroof and cold weather. I feel like I am getting the raw end of the deal here as I am not familiar with leases. Could someone please let me know if this is a good deal or what I should ask for..

Thanks in advance
  • umguyumguy Member Posts: 4
    By the way, its a 36 month lease for 15k miles.. in Michigan
  • alohasurfer1alohasurfer1 Member Posts: 13
    Hey CarMan...what are your thoughts on trade in towards a lease...I have an 02 A4 Avant (5spd, roof, cd chnger, sport pkg) in excellent condition 48K miles....looking at leasing an A6 Avant or 5 Series Wagon...thanks
  • bradleyebradleye Member Posts: 3
    Car_man:

Audi Financial has a lease special in my area on the A6 3.2. 36 months at $499/mo.

$499 down (incl $1,000 reduction if eligible for Loyalty Bonus - what is this bonus?), $575 acquisition fee, $499 first month payment, total due at inception - $1573

Is this as appears, or will there be numerous "exceptions" or added costs in order to close the deal? Would appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

thanks
  • motech12motech12 Member Posts: 1
    I leased an A6 for 39 months 1000 miles per month. I turned the vehicle in at the end of 33 months but made all the payments. There was not itemlized vehicle damage.

My take here is I have made 39 months of payments for 39,000 miles. The early termination statement reads they are charging me for miles over 36,000 as they state "milage prorated annually" (this is NOT in the contract). The car has 39,505 at turn in and had 162 when I received it. They are charging me for 3,343 miles over 36,000 not 343 miles over 39,000. I am paying for the same milage twice.

Help!!!!!
    You're welcome, ducati996. It definitely is not in your best interest not to make such a large down payment when leasing. If your leased vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident, your down payment essentially disappears. You would be better off not making any sort of down payment, like in the lease that I calculated for you earlier. If you really want to make a $4,000 capitalized cost reduction, it would lower the 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease payment for a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro with an MSRP of $49,940 and a selling price of $47,139 to around $515 before tax.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem, seanshin. Yes, your vehicle's gross capitalized cost is its selling price. Its net capitalized cost is its selling price minus any sort of down payment aka capitalized cost reduction that you decide to make. The lease payment that you got looks about right to me, but I can't give you my full opinion on this deal without knowing what this car's MSRP is.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi genesis72. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this car look good to me. I'm surprised that you don't want to get quattro through. I thought that it snows quite a bit in New Jersey. Anyhow, using these numbers according to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi Audi A6 3.2 Sedan 2WD with an MSRP of $50,440 and a capitalized cost of $50,674 (why is this number higher than the $50,098 that includes all of your car's taxes and fees?) for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $735. As you can see, this number matches the one that you were quoted. Before finalizing this deal, make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars recently: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host

P.S. It looks like you are already aware of it, but don't forget to take the $1,000 incentive that Audi is currently providing to returning customers and to current owners of select competitive vehicles into account when negotiating your deal.
    Hello umguy. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Aloha alohasurfer1. There's absolutely nothing wrong with trading in a vehicle when leasing a new one. Just make sure to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade instead of using the proceeds from it as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. It's never a good idea to put money down when leasing. I say this mainly because if your leased vehicle is stolen and never recovered or totaled in an accident, your down payment essentially disappears.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey bradleye. Audi is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on the A6 3.2 to consumers who are wither A) returning Audi customers or B) current owners of a select list of competitive luxury vehicles. It appears as though this cash incentive is necessary to reach the advertised lease payment that you saw. If you do not meet either of the aforementioned criteria, you would have to make a down payment that is $1,000 higher to reach the advertised lease payment. Furthermore, I suspect that this deal only includes 10,000 miles per year. If you need to drive more than this, say 12,000 or 15,000 miles per year, this car's monthly payment will be higher. The same goes for if you want to add any optional equipment that is not included in the advertised car. The more equipment that you add, the higher the lease payment will be.

The sample lease that you saw is probably a decent deal, but like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments I would not be surprised if this one left a little meat on the bone so to speak. Consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition are often able to negotiate better deals on leases than the ones that are featured on ads.

Car_man
    Host
  • trabd123trabd123 Member Posts: 55
    Hi Car_man,
    I was at the dealer today to lease an A6 3.2q and left him a deposit of $500 to locate a light silver car with sunroof, premium package and a Sirus satellite radio. He gave me a lease number of $675 a month with NY taxes in payment for 12k/36 months. Here's the detail:

MSRP: $49,160
    Sell Price: $46,100 (includes a $1000 cash incentive)
    Money Factor: 0.000611
    Residual Value: 53%

What do you think of the lease number and sell price?

Thanks,
    TRABD123
    HI trabd123. The money factor that you were quoted is very close to Audi Financial Services' buy rate for this car. AFS' actual buy rate for a 36 month lease of an '06 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro is .00056. As far as this car's price goes, I believe that the car you described has a spread of around $3,700 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. After backing out the $1,000 inventive, you are being given a discount of a little over $2,000 on the car that you want. This is a reasonable price, especially considering the fact that you are having the dealer locate this car for you instead of buying one that is already in inventory. For additional feedback on how much you should pay for this car, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
  • jrme77jrme77 Member Posts: 1
    Car_man,

I'm looking at an A6 3.2Q, MSRP $49,190, purchase price negotiated to $46,700.

The Premier Purchase offer is for $657/mo for 36 mos w/ $2500 down, $26,070 residual (53%). Rate is 3.35%. 12k miles allowed with 25 cents per mile overage.

The 3.35% rate and the 25 cents both strike me as a bit high. And, the 12k miles/yr seems a bit low (15k?).

The alternative is to do a std 60mo loan at 5.59% with $12,800 down.

What do you think about these #'s?
  • louneinerlouneiner Member Posts: 6
    Thought I'd let folks know the deal I just did. It was for an A6 3.2 with sunroof, premium, sunscreen and rear seat airbags. Based on a negotiated price of $46,500, I put down $1570 which included license plates and registration and the lease was $550 a month.

And it's the nest car I've driven in a lot of years.

Good luck to all.
  • impulsive33impulsive33 Member Posts: 5
    Was it a 24 or 36 month lease? What state? If california let me know the dealer please. Sounds good.
  • impulsive33impulsive33 Member Posts: 5
    Should I go now or wait until June or July. Would love to know what the best deal on a 24 month lease would be with A6 3.2. 7500 miles or 10,000 miles per year.
    MSRP of $43,840 including Destination.

Black & ameretto leather
    Sirius Radio

In California.
  • hessianhessian Member Posts: 5
    Car_Man

I think I originally posted this under the wrong topic.

Audi is currently offering special lease terms on the A6 3.2 Q with Sunroof and Premium package until May 31. Its under specials on the website.

The MSRP is $48,640 and the Purchase Option is $26,266. For 10,000 miles a year its $499 per month. That requires $2499 upfront with a $575 acquisition fee. Based on my calculations, if you assume a cap cost at the invoice price of $44,956, (which I know is low) the interest rate is only 2%. Otherwise if you assume the cap cost is higher, then the rate is even lower.

Is this possible? Is this deal to good to be true?
  • ccy1957ccy1957 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease same car in NY metro area. Can you tell me where you got this deal? They're telling me here I can't come close to that $550 mo. payment. Thanks, Carrie IN NJ
  • westhamwestham Member Posts: 11
    Go to www.Audi.com the deal is there, however check the small print, the dealer has to contribute and final price may vary.........watch out for the "turn in fee" catch.
    Best of luck.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    There is no turn in fee catch. Many leasing compnaies may charge a dispostion fee when your lease is up. It can vary anywhere between $250-500. I think Audi's was $350. Not a big deal.

The previous A6 3.2 Quattro lease deal was 519 month 36/10K on a 46k base sunroof pack car. The current deal is $499 month, but they're giving you the $2500 premium package as well.

I'm assuming Audi is trying to clear off the 06's in anticpation for the 07's.

This is the best lease deal that Audi has ever offered on the new body stlye A6's.

2006 A6 3.2 quattro® Sedan
    $499 per month
    36-month lease*
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Down payment $2,499
    Refundable security deposit N/A
    Acquisition fee $575
    First month's payment $499
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Amount due at lease inception $3,573

Excludes taxes, title and dealer fees. See dealer for details.

*36-month closed-end leases offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by May 31, 2006. Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. Rate based on $48,640 MSRP of 2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro® Sedan with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with Tiptronic, Premium package, Sunroof Package, and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $26,265.60. See dealer for details.
  • hessianhessian Member Posts: 5
    so in your lease deal, did you get the $499 deal. If so what was the negotiated price and the money factor?
  • julisoljulisol Member Posts: 1
    I am about to see a dealer about a 2006 Audi avant wagon. What kind of monthly payment can I expect if I want to lease for 36 months and 15k/yr, no money down?
  • geddylgeddyl Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone dealt with generalcar.com? They have great deals but I need som references.

Thanks
  • bando12bando12 Member Posts: 2
    All,

Here is the deal I received on my recent A6. Just turned in my 2003 A6 and the new model makes a good thing even better :) !

A6 - CVT- Premium and Sunroof
    Purchased in Dallas, TX

36 Month Lease
    53% Residual
    .00056 MF
    Purchase Price 43,182
    Tax - 540 (Texas typically hits you with the full 6.25%-would have been $2,700, but ask for the tax credit to reduce this to about 1.25%)
    Title and Fees- $182
    Acquisition- $575
    Total Negotiated (amount financed) - $46,639.00

Money Down - $0 (paid my first payment and took the keys)

Total Monthly Payment - $602

Few Items of Note from my buying experience:

1. Not one dealer would participate in the Audi posted special ($499 A6 Quattro). Many acted completely lost on the deal.

2. Make sure you demand the MF rate that you see out on this site. I had one dealer acted offended because I was negotiating this rate as part of the package. I know that the "can" mark this up, but he was not happy that I knew the bottom line rate and would hold him to it (Needles to say I did not purchase at this dealership - Thanks Edmunds!)

3. In Texas since you have to pay the full tax on a lease car,make sure you ask for that Tax Credit. Without that credit the price of the lease would go up dramatically. It would have been an extra $2200 non-residualized, thus adding $62 to the monthly payment.

4. Negotiate those Fees. Those hidden charges that they don't want to detail in negotiations varied by $1000 between the dealership (again these are non-residualized an therefore equate to an extra $2000 on the price of the actual car)

5. Work your numbers and present them. With good spreadsheet and the knowledge from these forums, you can justify your numbers and what the monthly payment should be. If they are different from the dealers.... make them justify them. Can't tell you how many times the dealer has said "I just punched those numbers in the computer and this was the monthly price that it gave me". Every time the dealer has said this, it has show on further review that there was an undisclosed fee or different price in his numbers somwhere. Calculating a lease payment is not a mystery....it's a math formula!.

6. Never put $ down on a lease

Good Luck and thanks to everyone on this board for their advice. This is the 5th car I have leased using the knowledge gained from these forums and the leasing calculations on this site. I am sure there are better deals to be found than what I have negotiated, but I have never walked out with buyers remorse or felt completely taken by the dealer.

Happy Drivin!
  • nickelrevnickelrev Member Posts: 5
    hey car man , interested in leasing a 06 A6 3.2 black on platinum with tech pkge s-line pkge prem pkge 12,000 miles a year. how should i go about the dwn payment and what is a fair monthly lease price also what is the residule on the car!! hope u can give me some good advice . p.s. i live in newyork 8.6% thank you
    Hi jrme77. Given the fact that they are so much less popular than leases, I do not personally keep tabs on the details of manufacturers' balloon note programs. Sorry that I could not be of more help with this aspect of your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings hessian. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro is .00073. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 1.75%. As you can see, the interest rate that you came up with was pretty close. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that manufacturers' advertised lease payments usually leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one this advertised lease is based upon.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi julisol. Your lease payment for this vehicle will depend upon its MSRP and selling price. I would be happy to use Audi's current lease program for it to estimate what your monthly payment should be if you provide me with these numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nickelrev. You should not make a down payment when leasing this car. All you have to pay at lease signing is its first month's payment, a security deposit that is equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Audi Financial Services' $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car right now in terms of its selling price, but you may be able to get a good idea of how much you should pay by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

As far as this car's lease program goes, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00056 and 53%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • nickelrevnickelrev Member Posts: 5
    car man , dealer is offering 05 A6 s-line,tech,premium,suspensionpkge black on black 3.2loaded!!!!! 7,000miles demo car!!! 39,000. is this a good price and more importantly lately i've been reading where audi's are not very reliable cars always in the shop. trouble with instrumentation and vibration issues at high speeds!! youre opinion would be appreciated. thanks.
  • rstoergerrstoerger Member Posts: 17
    bando12

Congratulations on a great deal. I have similar numbers and am in the North East. Looking for a similar car but would be willing to part with more $ if I could get Tech package, and wooden steering wheel (I am leaving a Jaguar S-Type, my second because their technology is stale...another story). I hope I can find a non Quat in the NE and that too is another story. But tell me, what is the Tax Credit. Is this a Dallas thing or an Audi thing.
  • bando12bando12 Member Posts: 2
    In Texas you have to pay the taxes on the full value of the car (6.25%). I believe there a few other states that hit you with this upfront tax such as Illinois) In Texas there is a tax credit for a trade-in. It is possible to get a tax credit on a lease turn-in if the lender you are leasing with has a vehicle coming off lease.

Not sure if that is applicable in any other state, but is specific to the dealer, and not with Audi.

Good luck
  • pcalbrightpcalbright Member Posts: 1
    is .00053 the correct money factor for a 36 mo lease? would the money factor change if the term was reduced to 24 mo? is the money factor the came for both premier purchase and leases? any idea what the residual rate is for a 24 mo lease?

many thanks for the great info.
  • pem5pem5 Member Posts: 1
    All,
    I have never leased before, so I am uncertain of how much room there is to negotiate when Audi runs these promo's. I want to lease (with intent to buy after 36 months) an:
    * A6 w/prem, sunroof, tech, & 18" wheels - MSRP $53,340.

When running these aggressive promo's - can I still negotiate a lower selling price & plug in the residual & mf #'s that are used for the promo into the lease calculator? Or when running these promo's is there not much room to move off the MSRP?

Thanks!
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    Just my personal experience, but Audi's tend to be their best for the first 36 months. If you buy it after the lease, you will only have 12 months left of the warranty. My A6 was in the shop 12 times between 36,000 and 48,000 and I will never own another Audi, but I will certainly lease one. They are great to drive, but after about 36,000 miles, horrible to maintain. Also after the factory maintenance runs out at 50,000, they get VERY expensive to maintain. I will probably always have an Audi in stable, but only if it is under warranty.
  • thbellthbell Member Posts: 15
    Audi is currently running the following special lease offer on the 2006 A6 3.2 quattro sedan with 6-Speed Automatic Tiptronic Transmission, Premium package and Sunroof Package:

$499 per month
    36-month lease
    Down payment $3,499 (I do not qualify for Audi's $1,000 Loyalty/Conquest reduction)
    Refundable security deposit N/A
    Acquisition fee $575

Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end.

Rate based on $48,640 MSRP of 2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro® Sedan with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with Tiptronic, Premium package, Sunroof Package, and destination charge.

Purchase option at lease end for $26,265.60.

Any reaction to whether this is a good basic deal and where to negotiate on this?

I am buying in New York City and the New York Metropolitan area.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    This current lease deal is already a "skinny" deal for your dealer. Back in the spring, the lease deal was 519/mo on a base 46k car. Now you get the $2500 premium package thrown in, and the payment is down to 499. I'm assuming Audi just wants to clear the last 06's off the lot. You might be able to negotiate a little more in the crowded North East market, but I doubt too much more.
  • kindzcarkindzcar Member Posts: 29
    Does Audi run any specials on the A6 4.2? I have leased two Audi's and I am up for renewal in Fev 07. However, I have been told that my local dealer should have deals come August. I would assume these would be on 2006's, but I am not sure if a hot car like the 4.2 would discount. My last Audi I was able to get out 9 months early with out a penalty and I got the same lease price as my expiring car 2 1/2 years later. I was also about 2000 miles away from 50k when they let me out.

Thoughts????

Thanx
  • njvikenjvike Member Posts: 56
    I was thinking the same thing but when I asked my local dealer last month, the money factor was horrible. I do not remember the numbers he provided to me but the lease was in the $800s :mad: with about $2500 down.

Ken
    Hi nickelrev. Do you happen to know what this car's original MSRP was? I ask because that will show how much of a discount you are bring given on it. If the discount is large enough, this would be a good car to buy, but not to lease. Audi Financial Services isn't even leasing '05 models any longer. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members paid for similar cars in the past and if anyone has any comments on this deal: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi pcalbright. Audi Financial Services' lease program varies by model. If you were to lease an '06 A6 3.2 Sedan through AFS right now for 36 months its buy rate lease money factor would be .00056. This would be exactly the same for a 24 month lease. Audi's Premier Purchase program is what is known in the industry as a balloon note program. Balloon notes use interest rates, like 4.9%, instead of money factors to calculate interest charges. As I mentioned earlier, AFS' lease program varies by model. If you tell me the exact model that you want and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it I would be happy to give you an idea of what its residual value should be like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Welcome pem5. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The selling prices of leased vehicles are absolutely negotiable. You can use the same money factor and residual value to calculate Audi's current advertised lease payments in conjunction with whatever price you are able to negotiate. There is usually a little room for additional discounts on advertised leases for consumers who live in areas that have a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi kindzcar. Audi is currently providing lease support on the A6 4.2 Sedan. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but I think that it is fairly safe to assume that dealers are discounting it. Audi is not currently running any sort of early lease termination program that I am aware of on the A6. As a result, I suspect that it will be fairly expensive for you to get out of your current lease so early. I personally would wait until I was closer to the scheduled end of my current lease to get something new.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • threxxthrexx Member Posts: 42
    So what are the factors for the A6 4.2 lease? I know they have some sort of lease for the A6 V6 that I didn't find very impressive at all. It requires 3573 due at lease inception (2499 down payment), then 499/month for 36 months based ona 48,640 MSRP and a lease end purchase option of 26,265.

And that's only 10k miles a year with no taxes included.

I'd love to get a 4.2L A6 but for that price which only includes the basic 6-speed auto, sunroof, and 'premium' package (which are mostly things that are often standard on the competition's cars)... I have a hard time justifying it.

BTW, right now I'm at about the 12 month mark of a 24 month lease of an Audi A4 6-speed manual w/ sunroof package, XM, metallic paint, heated headlight washers, and 17" wheels (just listing the very spartan options) and paid absolutely zero down, about 800 due at least inception, 389 a month including all taxes and fees and 15k miles a year for 24 months. Now THAT is more like it. :D
This discussion has been closed.