Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• tsgz8tsgz8 Member Posts: 4
    I believe drive-off is some around $1900 and includes typical fees. I was surprised to see that you think I can get a better deal, please share whatever info you have.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome tsgz8.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    You're welcome tobinw1. Thanks for the update. Wow, 2.29%. I'm still getting used to these low interest rates. Amazing.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Jeff. The money factor for a normal 36-month lease of this car by a top tier customer would be .00105. I'm not sure if the Euro Delivery adds anything to this, but the money factor that you were quoted definitely looks a little high.

While I haven't looked into Audi's multiple security deposit program recently, the last time I checked AFS provided a .00008 money factor reduction for every additional deposit that a lessee makes. I don't see why this wouldn't be available on the S6.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi expat260. If your credit is in good shape, then it appears as though the dealer is attempting to mark your car's money factor up to add extra hidden profit to your deal.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of this car is only .00126. the factor on a 42-month lease increases slightly to .00146.

Again these are for consumers who qualify for AFS' top credit tier. These numbers are definitely correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • phx2jfkphx2jfk Member Posts: 1
    Hello car man, I'm about to pull the trigger on a new '13 a6 prestige with innovation/b&o/20"sport etc. msrp 75505, can get It for invoice less rebate. Is that a good deal? Second am considering a lease. I'm being quoted a money factor of 0.00175. I would qualify for the top tier I know. What should I do? I want a 15k lease, is that okay or is 12 the only better option and is 42 months the sweet spot for this car? I appreciate your time and advise! Thanks!
  • azax456azax456 Member Posts: 27
    Hey CarMan - just as info - I am in active negotiations with Audi on an S4. Their new MSD program is .00005 for every deposit. They differ from BMW in that they round to only the nearest $25 from your payment and not $50 like BMW. Also, they use the payment AFTER the MSD reduction on the MF instead of BMW who uses the PRE MSD MF rate to determine what each deposit will be. Hope this helps!
    Hi phx2jfk. Dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives is an excellent selling price on this car. Having said that, the money factor that you were quoted looks high. Assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier, Audi Financial Services' current 36-month buy rate lease money factor for this car is only .00137. Make sure that they use this to calculate your monthly payment. The money factor for a 42-month lease of this car rises to .00157.

Car_man
    Host
    edited February 2013
    Very useful information, azax456. Thank you very much for sharing!

Car_man
    Host
  • uss1049uss1049 Member Posts: 1
    My lease monthly payment for 2013 a6 with Msrp 51.6k is $547/mo with 5k Down payment and 15k miles/year for 36 months and 54% residual. Hope it helps
  • jromulusjromulus Member Posts: 11
    Car Man,

Is there much of a difference in residual within a model from top to bottom? phx2jfk is looking at a pretty loaded version of the A6. Aside from the great money rate info I have 2 questions:

1. What is the residual for this loaded car, vs. a more standard $61,000 A6 Prestige ?
    2. From top tier credit to the next rung down, what would that .00157 move to?

Thank you.
  • kechal12kechal12 Member Posts: 26
    Car Man,

What is the March RV and MF for the A6 Premium Plus for 10,000 miles and 12,000 miles? Thanks. :D
    Hi jromulus. The residual values do vary by trim level, with the more expensive, higher trim levels usually having lower residual values.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Audi A6 Prestige Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kechal12. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0T Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00126 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • khammerkhammer Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,
    is there any difference in the money factors and residuals on the 2013 A6 3.0T with Premium Plus? Also, what about at 42 months as well? Thanks!
  • ebodebod Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

Can you let me know what the March 2013 money factor and residual rates are for an Audi A6 3.0 Premium Plus? I'm interested in a 12,000 miles per year lease and either 36 months or 42 months for the lease term (I'd look at both terms and compare).

Thanks in advance!
    Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0T Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00157 and 49% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for 36 months are .00137 and 53%

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ebod. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 53%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00157 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • maxpwrsmaxpwrs Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Can you please share the March lease rates for a 2013 A6 2.0t premium plus

36 mo/10k miles

I am getting quoted a MF of .00145 and a RV of 56% with 0 down.

Does your down payment affect the MF at all?

Thanks!

-Josh
  • almattialmatti Member Posts: 164
    Is the MF, the monthly lease interest rate? In financial terms am I taking the MF as the interest rate, the settled Price of the car X the residual (49% i.e.), plug in the term (36 months or 42 months) and the negotiated Price into my financial calculator and I should get the monthly payment ?

As a comparison ( The Infiniti M37X is different than an Audi A-6 Quattro, I know), but Infiniti has a MF of .00039 and a residual of 53% for a 39 month lease. But I'm looking at as a comparison a 20103 M37X with Tech, Prmium & Deluxe Touring packages with $2k Cap Cost + TTL at amonthly payment of $550 with 15k Miles per year. I have a 2010 G37X with 6 months to go on my lease. Infiniti will eat 3 months and the dealer may find enough "equity" to wash out the other 3 months.
  • socalaudifansocalaudifan Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

Would appreciate your help. What are the MF and residual value for a 36-month lease for the A6 Prestige for 10,000 miles/year and 12,000 miles/year. Assume top tier credit. Thank you in advance.
  • hilltop3hilltop3 Member Posts: 33
    Past posts have indicated a good deal is say $500 over invoice. Does this hold true whether leasing from a dealers inventory or placing a custom order?
  • jromulusjromulus Member Posts: 11
    Car_man,

If each extra sec. dep. is .00008 MF reduction, would 2 months security deposit basically represent the difference between tier A and tier B ? Or fairly close?

Then its just simple math.

Thanks.
  • hilltop3hilltop3 Member Posts: 33
    Would you please tell me the March MF and RV for the 2013 A6 3.0 AWD Prestige using 42 and 48 mos, and 12k? Appreciate your help.
    Certainly Josh. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00126 and 56%.

The amount of money that you put down does not have any impact upon this car's money factor. You're better off paying as little as possible at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi almatti. Money factors are used to calculate the interest portion of lease payments. You can convert a money factor into an approximate interest rate equivalent by dividing it by 2400. the following article does a great job of explaining how to work up a lease: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi socalaudifan. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00137 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hilltop3. Generally speaking, I have found that dealers are often more willing to provide attractive discounts on units that they already have in inventory than they are on ordered vehicles. The reason for this are probably twofold. One they are paying floorplan interest on the units that they physically have in stock so the sooner they sell them the better. Two, they can provide almost immediate delivery of a unit that they have in stock. There's a greater chance of a deal falling apart if the consumer has to wait a couple of weeks or months for their new vehicle.

Having said that, shoot for the lowest price possible and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • missysosomissysoso Member Posts: 2
    Good Afternoon,

Could you assist me with RV and MF for 2013 Audi A6 Premium Plus 2 at 15K and 20K miles per year with a 24 month term for top tier credit?

Thank you for your kind assistance.
    edited March 2013
    Hi jromulus. You certainly could make up for the difference in money factor between two credit tiers by making additional security deposits. I don't know the difference between AFS' current money factors for Tier A versus Tier B. I'll see if I can find that out for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go hilltop3. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Prestige with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00157 and 47% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00185 and 44%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi missysoso. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00137 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattsammattsam Member Posts: 25
    Carman, Can you get me Aprils Lease rate on 2013 S6 15K Miles 36 months
    I'm getting quoted .0015 and 50%
    Sure mattsam. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S6 with 15,000 miles per year are .00133 and 49%. It looks like you're getting Audi Care. Adding that to a deal bumps the residual value by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
  • mattsammattsam Member Posts: 25
    Thank you carman
  • braketoolatebraketoolate Member Posts: 12
    Hi, wow. can't believe forum! I'm interested in leasing an A6 2.0T P+.
    Do you have the latest residual value and money factor?
    I'm interested in 10k/yr for 3yrs (if Audi does 10k).

Thanks!
    You're very welcome mattsam :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome braketoolate. Here you go.

Audi Financial Services does indeed offer leases with 10,000 miles per year. Its April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0T Premium + without quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00082 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jam550jam550 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Carman,

I am about to go out to an Audi dealership for the first time with the intent ultimately to lease an A6 for 3 years with 12k miles (most likely a 2.0 Premium).

I haven't leased before and would love to know the following before I dive into this:

- what are the most important figures for me to know - residual? Money factor? Anything else??

- I've read that it is best to negotiate the price of the car down as best as possible before indicating I'd like to lease and not buy. Good advice?

- any other pieces of advice or wisdom I should know before I go to the dealership?

Realize these are broad questions, but would really appreciate your insights and know the few most important things i need to know before I go in.

Thanks!
  • anvillanvill Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I have an expiring lease on an A6, with residual value of $26,007. I have 42,000 miles on it, which is 10,000 over the allowed lease mileage, and a damaged side mirror that the dealer says costs $1,000 to repair. An thinking about leasing/buying a new A4, but I could also just buy the A6. The dealer says he'll take the A6 back for a $1,000 charge. Is this reasonable, or should I get a better deal given the resale value?
    Car_man, are you sure that you convert a Money Factor by DIVIDING the money factor by 2400 to convert the money factor to an annual interest rate? That doesn't seem to make sense? i. e. money factor last month for an Infiniti was .00039 ; divide that by 2400= .0000001625 ??
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Multiply the MF by 2400 to get the approximately equivalent APR.

Divide the APR by 2400 to get the approximately equivalent MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Great questions, jam550. I'd say that the number one most important number to know when negotiating a lease (other than the ultimate monthly payment) is the vehicle's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without the selling price it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any room left to negotiate. You should definitely negotiate as low a selling price as possible and then have the dealer use that figure to calculate your monthly payment.

The money factor is probably the next most important number to find out. This is because dealers often have the authority to mark vehicles' money factors up to add additional, hidden back-end profit to deals. The selling price for your vehicle could look great, but the dealer might be hiding hundreds of dollars in extra profit in a marked up money factor. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium quattro is .00107 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Good luck in your quest for a new A6, jam550. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi anvill. I am not intimately familiar with Audi's lease-end process, but I do know that many automakers will waive damage or excess mileage charges for lessees who agree to lease a new vehicle. For instance, Honda will waive up to $1,500 in damage, Nissan will waive $500, etc... Shop around and ask dealers about Audi Financial Services' policy on this matter. You may be able to get out of this car for less than $1,000.

Car_man
    Host
    edited April 2013
    Good catch. I meant multiply. That would be one sweet interest rate though :D.

Car_man
    Host
  • jcleme1537jcleme1537 Member Posts: 10
    Dear Carman

I am being offered the following...

Audi A6 2.0 T Quattro Premium Plus with a few options

2000 total out of pocket
    They are paying my remaining lease of 2500
    12k miles per year
    36 months

700/mo including tax

Should I pull the trigger?
  • 4apex4apex Member Posts: 8
    That sounds like a good deal to me. Certainly much better than what I'm being offered.

Can you tell me what the money factor was that you were given, and what the residual is?

Thanks!
  • 4apex4apex Member Posts: 8
    Hi Carman,

can you please give me April's Lease rates for the following;

2013 Audi A6 2.0t Quattro Premium Plus

15k miles/year

36 month and 42 month terms?

Thanks in advance!!
  • jcleme1537jcleme1537 Member Posts: 10
    Sorry 4apex - The only info I have is that I think the residual was 52%, but I am not sure.
    Offered for a A-6 3.0T Quattro with premium plus :

15k miles per year, no $$$$ down, TTL OTD for $3500 -@729.00 per mo. 42 months.

My question is for a 42 month lease, you pay all of the depreciation in your monthly payments. Another dealer has the same car selling price for $50K - 39 months with a $24k buy price - that's 50% residual. Don't know the money rate - mo @$719.00.
This discussion has been closed.