Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• smith77smith77 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,
    Similar to the above post, I'm looking at a 2014 S6. Dealers are quoting MF and residuals all over the place. Can you confirm the MF and residual for a 36 or 42 month lease with 12,000? Thanks!
  • gt280gt280 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Carman,

I've been reading these forums tremendously and find the information really valuable!

This is my first post so I’m hoping you can help me on my questions:

1) My current lease is up with Lexus is up and I’m looking at Audi A6 for this Fall.

The NY Audi dealer indicated the following lease special:

AUDI A6 $569 A MONTH WITH ZERO DOWN
    PREMIUM PLUS, COLD WEATHER AND SIDE ASSIST
    Price: $50,845

For June, the dealer provided me with the residual as .53 and .00107, 39 months, 10K miles. As a zero down, I would be responsible for taxes, bank fee, NYS inspection and tire recycling fee, our dealer documentation fee and your DMV fees (registration and plates). I know that there is also an incentive on the A6 and I have some wiggle room to negotiate.

While this is for June, does this seem on target? Has the money factor and rates changed for July for 39 months, 10k miles? The dealer claims to have the "best" rates.

2) Do you know if some Audi dealers are willing to pay off my present lease with Lexus and put me into a new lease with Audi? Have you seen dealers do this from your experience? What would be some of the cons by doing so?

3) Do you think it’s possible to lease a pre-certified A6 (2012 or 2013) with some mileage on it? Is that even possible? I know I could save more on the price of the car if I do this. Would the residual be lower? What’s your opinion on this?

Many thanks for your assistance!
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    Our dealer is quoting up an 2014 Audi A6 Prestige lease for us. I believe that there's a $1,000 incentive for A6's until 8/8 — but what is the Money Factor and Residual Value for a 12k/annual lease in July? Thanks, Car Man!
  • mukeshbmukeshb Member Posts: 3
    I wanted to know the July 2013 rates for an Audi A6 Prestige or Audi A7 Premium Plus MF and Residuals for 3 yr/ 36,000. I am returning my Audi A5 premium and it will has 34,200 miles and in excellent shape and due Sept 9th, 2013. I have $25,000 buyout and KBB lists it as trade in 2$29,000 and Private sale $31,000. I would like to negotiate and get $4,000-$5,000 off the new lease.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello audifan18. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 A6 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00162 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00162 and 55%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for jim1969.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 A6 3.0 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00162 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00099 and 49%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome iu_audi. You're absolutely right, the addition of Audi Care provides a 1% bump to vehicles' residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jeff. Usually Audi's 39-month money factors are slightly higher than its 36-month factors. However this month, as a special incentive Audi has made the money factors for 36 and 39 month terms the same. This is in addition to waiving the first month's payment on leases. Alas, neither of these specials apply to the S variant of the A6.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2014 S6 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00183 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi smith77. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 S6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00163 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gt280. I'm glad that you've found the forums so helpful.

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus Sedan with quattro and 10,000 miles per year are .00067 and 55% in New York (this program varies by state) for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The fact that you are currently leasing a Lexus entitles you to a special $1,500 cash incentive on your new A6. This is good news, but there's no magic way for the Audi dealer to get you out of your Lexus lease early. The most likely scenario is that the dealer will have to make your remaining payments on your current lease for you to get you out of it. This will eat into their profit and hamper your ability to get the best possible deal on your new car. Theoretically it's possible that you have a ton of equity in your lease and you could get out for free, but the scenario that I described is more likely. You probably will be in a better bargaining position if you wait until you are closer to the scheduled end of your current lease to get something new.

It is usually possible to lease CPO vehicles. Having said that, manufacturers usually do not have nearly the level of lease support on used vehicles as they do on new vehicles. That's because the sale of new vehicles is really what drives automakers' profits. I often find that it is cheaper to lease a brand new car that has a special lease program available on it than it is to lease a similar several year old CPO car.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go comfortzones. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 A6 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you are a returning Audi customer there actually is a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mukeshb. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2014 A6 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 A7 Premium Plus are .00159 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • jim1969jim1969 Member Posts: 62
    edited July 2013
    Thank you. I live in New York. Does that affect the rates you quoted?
    Also, what are the rates for a 2014 A6 3.0T premium plus Quattro with 12,000 miles per year?
  • nolaessatenolaessate Member Posts: 1
    Just ordered (3 weeks ago) from New Orleans Audi a 2014 A6 Prestige TDI, Daytona Gray/Black, LEDs, Driver Assist, Black optic, sport package, etc. Using ACNA 6% discount and loyalty and will add AudiCare. What is the AFS MF and residual for 36 and 39 month leases with 15k? I'm in Louisiana.
  • gt280gt280 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Car Man,

This is really great information! Thank you! :)

The dealer previously quoted a residual as .53 and the money factor is .00107 for 2013 A6 quattro.

Does your information provided (re .00067 and 55% based on top credit) indicate that it is a A6 quattro model with cold weather and side assist?

Is the dealer just marking the money factor up? Do you feel I can negotiate on the money factor? Or is that strictly dependent on my credit score? How can one haggle wrt money factor asides from the price of the car?

I appreciate your continued assistance.
  • xn07247xn07247 Member Posts: 4
    CarMan, do you know the lease terms for a 2014 A7 Prestige with 10k miles for 42 month term? Thanks in advance for your help!

Rich
  • naveen381naveen381 Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2013
    Hi Car Man,

What is the MF and the Residual for a 10K 39 month lease and a 10K 42 month lease?
    This is for northern CA

Is it different for the 2013 model?

Thanks
  • stone_manstone_man Member Posts: 1
    I have heard current July numbers for a premium plus 2014 A6 are .00159 and 53%. With $0-$3,000 out of pocket, what kind of monthly numbers can I expect for a 36 month lease and 15K/miles a year?
    You're welcome jim1969. The numbers should be the same in New York.

AFS' July numbers for a 36 / 12 lease of a '14 A6 3.0T Premium Plus quattro are .00159 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nolaessate. The numbers for a 36 / 15 lease of a '14 A6 TDI Prestige are .00152 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 39 month lease are .00152 and 50%.

AudiCare provides a 1% boost to these residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do Rich. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2014 A7 Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00179 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi naveen381. Here's the information that you are looking for for top credit tier customers:

2014 A6 Prestige 39 / 10: .00159 / 52%

2013 A6 Prestige 39 / 10: .00099 / 50%

Don't go with a 42-month lease. The program for that term is less attractive and you miss out on the payment waiver offer.

Car_man
    Host
  • treydawgtreydawg Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hi Carman,

Do you have the MF for a 2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium Plus Quattro 15k mile lease for 39 months?

Trey
  • jas78jas78 Member Posts: 12
    Hi carman,
    Given the relatively unattractive rates for July I opted to roll the dice and not lock in rates for the S6 I ordered to be delivered in October. Can you please provide the lease terms for August when they come available? 2014 S6 12k/36 months. Thanks again.
    Jeff
  • tarheel1580tarheel1580 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a lease on a 2013 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige - all packages - MSRP $62k - dealer offering for $56k plus tax. Lease coming out to $834/mo with 2000 down.
    To me this seems high coming from my BMW lease. What is a reasonable lease payment?
    I need 36 months/10k miles.

Also any thoughts regarding this car vs BMW 535xi M sport package?
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    Jas8. The residual on a 2014 s6 12k 36 mo lease is 53%. FYI, the same lease on an s7 has a residual of 55%.
  • bminusbminus Member Posts: 12
    Carman,

Any special lease mf or residuals for the 2013 A6 that the dealers are trying to clear off the lots to make room for the 2014s? Specifically 12k miles and 36 months. A family member just got a 2013 bmw 7 series for 10k under invoice. Thanks!
  • adamn1adamn1 Member Posts: 3
    Here's the quote I got and I'd appreciate feedback on how good it is (particularly the residual and MF). They're wanting me to buy the car on Saturday (the end of the month).

2014 A6 Prestige
    MSRP: 65795
    Price: 62788
    Mileage: 10k/year
    Residual: 51%
    MF: .00191
    3 Year Lease
    edited August 2013
    I am looking at the audi residual value sheet for 2014 audi cars valid from 8/6/2013 to 10/01/2016 and the residual for a 2014 A6 prestige with 3.0 engine and 10K/yr is 54% NOT 51%. It would be 51% if you were leasing for 15K/year….tell their finance guy to look at the bottom of the page for the adjustment for 10K miles (as if he didn’t know  )

Note…you can reduce the money factor by making multiple security deposits. Audi allows up to 9 deposits and for each one, reduces the money factor by .00005. For 9 deposits (effectively loaning Audi 9 monthly payments which you get back at the end of the lease…it’s a security deposit, not a capital cost reduction), you will reduce your mf to .00146 and that will reduce your monthly payment by about $50. Think about that….you will save about $1800 by loaning Audi roughly $7200. Can you make $1800 on that $7200 somewhere else??? It’s a great deal that few know about…and that includes dealers who may claim..Audi doesn’t offer it. Audi does offer it..make them check. Unfortunately, if you are in New York state, MSD’s aren’t allowed which is why so many in NYC lease their cars in NJ where it is allowed.

Good luck…

A couple of more thoughts to confuse you.

Consider the diesel....the residual is 56% and there is a $1500 cash deal (see the audi web pages) on it. Drive one. Remember it's far more fuel efficient.

Audi care would add 1% to the residual as well.

My bet is that the best lease (and the best car) would be the A6 diesel with audi care for 36 mos using the maximum multiple security deposits.

Finally, you can likely lease a MB E350 for $100 less than the audi A6...and an E550 for about the same money per month. You can lease a Lexus GS350 for $150 less and that's with the F package. I've compared them.
  • adamn1adamn1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks ghstudio!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    All good advice from ghstudio..

I will note that the money factor quoted looks to be marked up, as well...

I show base rate for top tier to be .00130

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• andrew232332andrew232332 Member Posts: 22
    I have a question for you ghstudio, and thanks for the information you have posted. Why is the Lexus available for so much less a month? I read somewhere on these forums that BMW for example have a better lease program so even for the same sticker price the lease terms can be more attractive than Audi. Do Audi just have a relatively uncompetitive program?
    edited September 2013
    The "problem" with audi leases is their residuals...their money factor/interest is competitive. Near as I can tell, MB loses $5K or more on every lease return...eg. my current e350 CDI has a residual of $46K in my lease. It's actual value at Manheim auction is about $30k. Someone is eating that difference...but it's not me.

I had bad numbers for MB from a dealer that apparently didn't want to take the time to lease me a car....the lexus actually comes in between the A6 and the e350. The difference in residuals between the audi A6 and MB is at least 10% (depending on which A6 you want....audi has different residuals for prestige, prestige plus and premier and then by engine.....crazy. I can lease an e350 10k miles/yr for 27 mos with a residual of 70%. Audi really quotes 36 mos and for an a6 premium plus with audi care, it's 58%.

There is also a difference in the mf reduction with multiple security deposits which makes another difference. MB is essentially giving away E350's right now.

Lexus has a sale in August and December of each year....the august rates on the GS were very attractive.
  • andrew232332andrew232332 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, really useful since my current lease is up in a matter of months. The more information I get the less justifiable the A6 is becoming. I hadn't seriously considered the Lexus or the MB but now I will.
    Thanks, ghstudio. Do you have the money factor available for 12k/36mo 2014 S6 as well? Debating weather I should go lock in the rates now or if I should wait until delivery in November. Any input is greatly appreciated!
    Jeff
    S6 residual is 51% or 52% with Audi Care for 36 mos.
  • dantanndantann Member Posts: 23
    Hello Friends,

I live in NYC and am looking to get my first new car in a few years.

With that said it seems like things have changed since the crisis.

We're looking to get an A6 2.0T Quattro with the Premium Plus package. The best deals I've been seeing are $500/month with $4K down before taxes and fees and the tax is 8.875% in NYC, which is high.

Has anyone had any good success negotiating better deals in the area. Where we lived before the tax was much much less. My goal is to put $4K down and spend upto $600/month, but that isn't looking likely!

Please help!
    Which dealership had that offer? We're looking for an A6 equipped similarly and trying to offset the high taxes in fees with a similar deal.
  • sfleasesflease Member Posts: 9
    Carman - What are the money factor and residuals for September on a 36 mo/10k A6 Premium Plus? Thanks.
  • whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54
    Looking for residual and money factor for audi a6 premium plus. 10k miles. 36 months (or another term if there is a "sweet spot" at 27 or 33 or 42 . . . . ). I will assume audi maintenance package still adds a residual point?? Thanks!
    also, is there any acquisition incentive for getting me out of a mercedes? any loyalty cash for my second audi?
    edited September 2013
    You should NOT be looking at $4000 down....you should be looking at $4000 or more in multiple security deposits which will save you more money on your lease, despite the higher (appearing) monthly lease cost.

Since you live in NYC, multiple security deposits aren't allowed....go to NJ and lease there (many, many do) where they are allowed. Note: there are only a very few states that don't allow multiple security deposits. No idea why...it's a good, safe way to reduce your monthly payments and earn about 10% on your money while doing it. I've used multiple security deposits on MB, BMW, Infinitis over the past 10 years...it's a great deal for those that know about it (and most dealers don't or tell you it's not significant. I consider 10% on my money pretty significant).
    edited September 2013
    a6 premium plus 10K 36 mos residual is 57% (diesel and gas are the same). There is no sweet spot...all of audi's leases are expensive. add 1% if you buy audi care.
    Does it not matter that the car will be tagged in NYS? That's how tax is sorted.

Can you give me an overview of the multiple security deposits? I don't fully understand.
    Thanks, ghstudio. Do you happen to know buy rate on money factor?
    multiple security deposits are based on where the lease is written, not on where the car is registered.

MSD's in a nutshell....you loan mercedes 10 monthly payments...they lower the money factor by .0007 and you wind up paying $50 or more less per month. At the end of the lease you get the security deposits back...unlike a capital cost reduction where you don't get anything back. Think of the capital cost reduction as $4000/36 or add $111 to whatever monthly payment they are quoting you. With MSD's you will pay less than that....effectively making 10%+ on the money you loan MB.
  • sba0216sba0216 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Does anyone know Audi Financial's September buy rate lease Money Factor and Residual Value for a 42-month lease of a 2014 A6 2.0T Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year and top tier credit? I live in the Los Angeles area.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    .00142 MF and 51% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx,
    Can you by chance provide the MF and residual for a 2014 S6, 12k/year for 36 months?
    53% 36 mos 12K add 1% if you take audi care
This discussion has been closed.