Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing an Audi A6. Thanks.

Car_man
Host
Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums

Comments

• rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Why divide this category even more? I think a prices paid and buying experience should be enough, and there's already a lot of lease talk on there.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hello rjlaero. Management felt as though it was difficult for community members to find posts on specific models or subjects in the current huge (over 23,700 posts and counting) "Lease Questions Ask Here" discussion over on the Smart Shoppers message board. We are in the process of transitioning to model-specific discussions on leasing to help everyone find answers to their questions as quickly and easily as possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • mike3000mike3000 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Do you know when new lease rates for the '06 A6 come out? Right now my dealer is quoting me 56% residual (36 months/15k) and a money factor of .0018.

Even though the dealer is giving me the base rate, my payment would still be $800/month including tax. Does this seem like a good deal? This is based on MSRP of $53,940 and a sell price of $51,925. I probably could have done better on the sell price, I don't know. Do you know if any better rates will be coming out soon? Thanks!
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    That's very expensive. Get the 05' if you can. There is a lease deal on a Premium only car with $3,000 total at start for $499/month with 12K year (05' model only).
  • someguy1someguy1 Member Posts: 42
    I am in the market for a new SUV/Wagon.

I am hoping to get the sept residuals and money factors of 2005 Allroads and A6 Wagons 3 years 15K a year

Thanks KA
    Hello mike3000. Audi's September lease program was introduced on the 7th. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 miles per year lease of a 2006 A6 3.2 sedan should be .00130 and 55%, respectively. I suspect that you may be able to negotiate a lower selling price if you shop around a little bit. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Hi someguy1. Audi is no longer providing lease support on 2005 models. As a result, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 15,000 miles per year lease of a 2005 allroad are currently .00295 and 46%, which are not very good. The good news is that Audi is providing $2,000 dealer cash on this model. This will enable you to negotiate an attractive selling price for this wagon. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Avant through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00155 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • borisimkinborisimkin Member Posts: 1
    Couldn't you provide more info on this deal?
  • chaz2chaz2 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone recently leased a 2006 A6, 4.2? I was just quoted 36mo/15K lease with residual of 52% and MF of .00195. Msrp for the car was 61840K. They were only offering 2% off, but hasn't really pushed as yet. The invoice on my particular car is $56,968 (Tech pkg, s-line, cold weather pkg, heated str, ). Trying to get a feel for best recent lease deal....

Undecided in DC
    Hi chaz2. I haven't leased this car recently, but I can tell you what its current lease program is like. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 4.2 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00155 and 52%, respectively, with the payment of a security deposit and AFS' $575 acquisition fee. It appears to me as though the dealer that you are working with is marking-up AFS' base money factor for this car in an attempt to add additional back-end profit to your deal. Since you know what this car's buy rate money factor is, insist that your dealer use it to calculate your vehicle's payment. For feedback on the selling price that you were quoted, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Good luck in your negotiations and if you think of any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Car_man
    Host
  • urodocurodoc Member Posts: 1
    Just started looking in south florida for a 2006 A6 with sunroof for 36mos/12K.
    my local dealer quoted $720/month with ~$2000 acquisition (crazy)

spoke with another dealer further north:
    $4000 down ($2000 acquisition + $2000 cap cost reduct)
    $599.02 with taxes, title, license included.

will post more if I can get better prices
    -Chris
  • jinvajinva Member Posts: 41
    These numbers seemed to be based on no discounting from the MSRP, assuming the car has only the sunroof package.

That said, I would expect no real deals to be made until the 06's have been sitting on the lots for awhile. Hopefully, after Thanksgiving things will loosen up.
  • maxbosmaxbos Member Posts: 6
    Hello Everyone,

Is this really an Ok deal?

'06 A6 Avant 3.1L with Premium package
    36 months, 12K per year
    no cap cost reduction
    $660/months with MA sales tax (about $635 without tax)
    Don't know what the exact residual value and money factor numbers are :(

Thanks,
    maxbos
    Hi Chris. Are you sire that you are being quoted $2,000 lease acquisition fees?!?! That's nuts. Audi Financial Services' base lease acquisition fee is only $575. Perhaps some of the $2,000 that you were quoted was a capitalized cost reduction. If not, these dealers are pretty bad trying to make up the acquisition fee that much.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings maxbos. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month, 12,000 miles per year lease of a 2006 A6 3.2 Avant are be .00155 and 56%, respectively with the payment of AFS' security deposit and acquisition fee requirements. Make sure that this is the money factor that is being used to calculate your car's lease payment. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal and even calculate an approximate lease payment on this wagon for you using AFS' actual lease program, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with this car's full MSRP and selling price. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • pizzabitepizzabite Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone provide the residual and money factor based on the current lease offer of: 06 A6 3.2 24 month lease, 10,000 miles per year, and what is the MF and Resid for 15,000 miles per year?

Down payment $2000
    Refundable security deposit $525
    Acquisition fee $575
    First month's payment $519

Rate based on $46,140.00 MSRP of 2006 Audi A6 sedan with quattro, 6-speed Automatic transmission with Tiptronic including sunroof package, and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $32,298.00

24-month closed-end leases offered to qualified customers by Audi Financial Services through participating dealers. Must take delivery by November 30, 2005. Required dealer contribution could affect final negotiated transaction. Lessee responsible for insurance and may have some financial liability at lease end. Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. Rate based on $46,140.00 MSRP of 2006 Audi A6 sedan with quattro, 6-speed Automatic transmission with Tiptronic including sunroof package, and destination charge. Purchase option at lease end for $32,298.00. See dealer for details.
  • maxbosmaxbos Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your help, Car_man.

Here is the info I got from the dealer:
    MSRP: 50,490
    Purchase price: 47,273 (that includes 1,500 Audi loyalty discount)
    Money factor: 0.00169
    Residual value: 56%
    cap cost reduction - ~1,000 (they tried hard to make me believe
    that the money down was only for the acquisition fee, security deposit, etc.)
    MA state sales tax: 5%

Invoice with options: 46,639 (from Edmunds)

I can see myself that the deal is not spectacular. However, I think I am Ok
    with the price given that Avent is all new for 2006, it's not a very common car, and they had to order a car for me.
    I wonder why they are quoting me a higher money factor (0.00169 instead
    of 0.00155) for the 12K/36 mo lease with excellent credit history.
    I gave a $500 deposit and signed an intent to purchase, but not the actual lease
    documents. The lower money factor will save only $10 monthly for me, but I still would like to fight it. How can I prove to the dealer that this is the current promotional money factor from AFS? I called AFS, and they told me to go and talk to a local dealer.

Thanks,
    maxbos
  • fullnatefullnate Member Posts: 2
    I'm turning in my 2003 A6 and will be about 12K over in miles. I'm considering leasing another Audi. Any suggestions on how to eliminate/mitigate the additional fee without just having the dealer tack on the fee to the new lease so that all I end up doing is financing this fee. Thanks.
    Greetings pizzabite. Here is the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00130 and 67%, respectively. Its money factor for an otherwise identical lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but its residual value would be 2% higher. The residual for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome maxbos. I don't think that the selling price that you were quoted for this vehicle is that unreasonable for an '06 Avant right now, especially if you are ordering your vehicle rather than buying one off of a dealer's lot. Since your credit is in good shape, there is really only two possible explanations as to why the money factor that you were quoted for your wagon are higher than Audi Financial Services' current buy rate for it. Either you are having your vehicle's security deposit or acquisition fee waived or your dealer is marking up AFS' base factor to add additional back-end profit to your deal. You don't have to prove what AFS' actual buy rate money factor is to the dealer that you are working with because they know exactly what it is and why the one that they are quoting you is higher. If you insist that they use the lowest possible money factor you may be able to get them to do so, but you are not in the strongest bargaining position given the fact that you have already given them a $500 deposit.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi fullnate. I am sorry to say that Audi Financial Services probably will not waive the excess mileage penalty for your current leased vheicle just because you plan on leasing another one through it. The only way to avoid having to pay an excess mileage penalty on your current lease is to purchase your vehicle at lease-end and continue to drive it, trade it in on a new vehicle, or sell it on your own. Unfortunately, it often turns out that the purchase prices of leased vehicles is higher than their value on the open market. As a result, you probably will not save any money by purchasing your leased vehicle and trading it in and should just pay your excess mileage penalty and start fresh with your new lease, getting a higher mileage allowance this time.

Car_man
    Host
  • papazhenyaaapapazhenyaaa Member Posts: 7
    Hi there Car_man. It seems you can help me with my problem. I've never leased a car before and every time I talk to dealers it seems like they are trying to rip me off. I need to know a fair price for a lease payment so I could go to the dealership and know what i am talking about. Can you please help out? I am looking to get an 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Quattro with a Premium and Coldweather in White Ext and Black interior. Any idea how much would that cost a month? and if you know of any special deals right now could you recommend some? Maybe you know a good dealer in NY/NJ area? Thanks alot
    Take a look @ Audi's website right now and help yourself out.

They have a $519/month lease deal for 24 months on a $46,140 A6 Quattro. The premium and cold weather will bring you to about $49,000 or so. So figure an extra 40-45 month to get those options. About $560 - $570 is where you'll be on the car you want for 24 months with about $3700 plus any dealer fees due at signing.
    thanks alot for the response. I did check it out, too bad the write "tax excluded" with small letters. I called the dealer and asked about this deal + tax he said that's like 5500 down total....strange. He said 565 with premium. I multiplied the payments by 24 then took 6% new jersey tax and it comes out to less than a grand, therefore i don't know how he came up wtih 5500, any ideas?
    how to calculate the fair lease price given certain variables. ie. Money factor/Residual?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Try this article from Edmunds.com:

Calculate Your Own Lease Payment

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Most dealers will have a documnetation fees with tag and titling, so for most people that's an extra $400-500. The Website says $3700 or so due at signing plus any dealer fees. So I'd ask for a beakdown of that $5500.

Also, check on the options of the car. It might have more stuff on it than the ad car. 18 inch wheels are an extra $1000, satellite radio is $550. That could make the difference.
  • jinvajinva Member Posts: 41
    First of all, the Audi $519/mo lease deal is a get-you-in-the-door special. I'm afraid you can't use it as a base from which to figure a deal on cars with more options.

My take on the $5500 down is that it's mostly cap cost reduction, because they are not giving you much, if any, deal on the selling price of the car. They are likely to be using a higher money factor too. I'm shooting from the hip here, but I'd bet your $565/mo is really $765/mo when you figure around $200/mo paid in advance in the cap cost reduction.
    Greetings papazhenyaaa. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment to expect on this car. However, in order for me to do so it would be a big help if you were able to provide me with its full MSRP (including the destination charge) and an approximate selling price. Always remember that the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash or financing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car right now by looking at the prices paid by other community members in the following discussion: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you know the prices of the car that you are interested in, stop back and let me know how long you want to lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be allowed to drive it (15,000, 12,000, or 10,000) and I will estimate what its lease payment should be for you using Audi's actual lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    Are the Money Factors readily available, here or elsewhere, for 36, 39 month (or any other sweet spot) leases for the '06 Audi A6?
  • cgattocgatto Member Posts: 4
    I would also like to know the current residual values and Money factors for November for the A6 FWD, for 36 months with 12K per year.

Thanks Carman.
  • zippy2zippy2 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings All.

I'm a newbie to the forum, looking to lease:

2006 A6 Avant
    Premium
    Technology
    Cold

Dealer (Seattle) quotes:
    Cap Cost of 52,071 (based on TMV less $1,500 Audi Owner Loyalty). With 12k year, money factor of .00155 and .56 residual, a 36 month lease payment is $803 (including 8.8% tax but zero down); 24 months is $848 (also zero down). With ~$2000 down, the monthly drops to $744 (36 months) and $763 (24 months).

I'm coming off an A4 lease, which is up in February 2006 -- I believe that my buyout option is about $1200 to $1500 less than KBB/Edmunds trade-in, but so far, I'm not getting any credit from the dealership for this. Instead, I've been told that I'll be 'saving' ~1,000 (2 months lease payment and waiver of disposition fee). Also, the dealer needs to bring up the car from California (though they say they're not charging for this).

My questions are:
    1. Overall, is this a decent deal? The numbers seem really high to me.

2. If not, where should I be pushing? On the Cap Cost? (What's the $4,500 number referred to in the forum?) On the trade in?

3. Will I be better off waiting until after T-giving or early 2006? I'm just not sure how the leasing cycles work re: money factors and residuals. I'd rather not wait, but would do so if it meant a much better deal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I realize there's a lot here, so thanks all.
  • plugplug Member Posts: 4
    Car man:

I am about to pull the trigger on leasing a 2006 A6 3.2, but I first want to look for any "sweet spots" on various combinations of lease terms. To that end, I would appreciate whatever you can tell me about the following:

1. What are the current money factors and residuals, respectively, for 36month/12K, and 24 month/12K leases?

2. Do these numbers change appreciably for 10K/year miles?

3. What cost reduction can I expect if I offer to pay the total lease cost in one lump sum up-front payment? What are the downsides of doing so?

4. We are approaching the end of the month. What are the pros and cons of leasing a car in November compared to waiting until early December?

5. Does Audi currently have any special lease programs/ incentives that should be factored into my decision making?

Thanks.

-- Plug
    Hi comfortzones. Here is the information that you are looking for. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 4.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00155 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease should be .00175 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cgatto. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 FWD through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00150 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi zippy2. It is difficult for me to give you my opinion on this deal without knowing what this car's full MSRP is. This number will enable me to see how much of a discount you are being given on the car that you are interested in and to calculate what its lease payment should be using Audi Financial Services' actual lease program. I can tell you that TMV minus any available incentives is probably a reasonable price for this car, but consumers who are in an area where there is a lot of competition for their business can usually beat TMV by shopping around. One factor that you have working against you is that you are not purchasing a vehicle from dealer inventory, but are having the dealer that you are working with swap for the car that you want. There are costs that are associated with swapping vehicles that cut into dealer profit. the $4,500 dealer cash that you have seen mentioned is only available on 2005 Audi A6 3.2 models, so it is not applicable on this car. It is difficult to say whether Audi's lease program on the A6 will get better or worse over the next month or two. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that it will probably stay about the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Plug. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00130 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease should be .00130 and 69%, respectively. AFS' 10,000 miles per year residual values for this car would be 1% higher.

There really isn't any downside do paying for your entire lease in advance, provided that you have the money to do so and the reduction in your vehicle's interest rate exceeds the opportunity cost of tying up so much money for such a long period of time. Unfortunately, I do not know the exact deduction that Audi Financial Services provides for advance pay leases.

The main negative about waiting until December to lease your car is that you don't know what Audi's December lease program for it will be like. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say that its December lease program will be about the same, but there is no guarantee that this will be the case.

Car_man
    Host
  • plugplug Member Posts: 4
    Car man:

Very helpful. Thanks much.

--Plug
  • bdhsailorbdhsailor Member Posts: 24
    Hi Car man,

I just leased a new 2006 A6. I researched a deal and spoke with several dealers. Right now you should be able to get $2500 off the sticker and a lease factor of 0.0013. The residual is fixed by audi depending on the term and miles leased. This is the best deal I could get and ought to be available in your area. If not go to another dealer.
    My car (equipped with various options) was sold to me for 47K (2500 off), no money down except the acquisiton fee $575. I am paying $655/mo for 15K/ year for 3 years.

This is a fantastic car!! Go get one. Bose and satellite radio are a must. It's better sound then you have at home.

Regards,
    B
    You're very welcome, Plug.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bdhsailor. Congratulations on your new car and thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • aidanmcaidanmc Member Posts: 5
    I'm interested in the Audi A6 and am wondering if the lease deal for December ($519 per month - 24-month lease) is a good deal? Is the money factor the same as the one quoted in earlier posts for November?
    Also, the tip I have heard is negotiate the price first, then tell them you are leasing. Any other tips?

TIA
  • maf1maf1 Member Posts: 17
    maxbos,

Did you ever close this deal, and which dealership in MA did you go to?

Anybody else recently lease a car in the Boston area?

Thanks, MAF1
    Hi aidanmc. The lease payment that Audi is currently advertising on the 2006 A6 is a pretty good deal. Having said this, most manufacturer advertised lease payments leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If you are in an area where there is a lot of competition for your business, I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that this lease payment is based upon. If you are able to negotiate a lower selling price, the lease payment would drop as well. In case you are interested, Audi's December 24 month buy rate lease money factor for the 2006 A6 3.2 is .00165.

Car_man
    Host
  • barclaybearbarclaybear Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at an A6 wagon with a sticker price of $51,030. They will base the lease on a price of $48,700. A three year lease with 12,000 miles @ year will be $582.54 NOT including usage tax and property tax. Is this a good deal?
    Hi barclaybear. A base 2006 Audi A6 Wagon has a spread of around $3,500 between its MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are being given a discount of around $2,300 on the model that you are interested in. This sounds reasonable to me. You may be able to get additional feedback on the price that you were quoted for this model by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Let's use Audi's actual lease program to estimate what this vehicle's lease payment should be. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 Wagon with an MSRP of $51,030 and a selling price of $48,700 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $679. I;m not sure how the payment that you were quoted is so much less than this, but it obviously looks good to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • barclaybearbarclaybear Member Posts: 4
    Thanks SO much, Car man. I really appreciate your reply.

There is a downpayment of $2180, so that is how they got the figure I was given. It's a lovely car - hard to decide between this wagon and another Volvo X70 (I'm driving an '03 now - lease is up soon). The Audi is much more fun to drive, but the X70 has some very practical features that make it highly desireable.
    You're very welcome barclaybear.

Car_man
    Host
  • nycaudinycaudi Member Posts: 1
    Greeting All,

I am a newbie from NYC and I have just fell in love with the Audi A6. I need some help on the first pass numbers my local dealer provided to me so any help would be much appreciated.

2006 A6 3.2
    Technology
    Premium
    S line Sport

Dealer (NYC) quotes:
    MSRP of 55,390 with a Cap Cost of 53,000 With 17k year, money factor of .00075 and 63% LEV, a 24 month lease payment is $844.82 (including 8.35% tax with 4,132 first payment)

My questions are:
    1. Overall, is this a decent deal? The numbers seem high to me.

2. If not, where should I be pushing? On the Cap Cost? First Month Payment?

I really only what the car for 24 months because I am sure that I will trade up. Any thoughts?

Thank You
  • skibumnjskibumnj Member Posts: 12
    Hi,

I just came back from the dealership where I leased my current A6 three years ago and have several questions.

1. The dealer told me that there was no loyalty incentive in place right now, but he would let me know by the end of the week if Audi implement's one. Can you confirm that there is not a $1500 loyalty program currently?

2. The dealer told me that the MF for January on a 36 month, 12K/yr lease is 0.00075 and the residual is 52%. Are these numbers accurate? 52% seems very low.

3. I priced two different cars; both identical with the exception that the second had a $2500 option that the first did not have. The after tax monthly payment for the first was $620/mo and the second was $685/mo. That's a difference of $65/mo, which over 36 months comes out to $2340. Why would I be paying almost the entire $2500 option amount over the lease term if the residual is 52%?

Thank you in advance.
This discussion has been closed.