Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• thbellthbell Member Posts: 15
    Car-Man: Any thoughts on the lease deal (expiring 7/5/06 Audi is offering below on the A6? In particular, do you have a sense whether the 10K miles per year is negotiable and for how much?

-------------------

"Audi is currently running the following special lease offer on the 2006 A6 3.2 quattro sedan with 6-Speed Automatic Tiptronic Transmission, Premium package and Sunroof Package:

$499 per month
    36-month lease
    Down payment $3,499 (I do not qualify for Audi's $1,000 Loyalty/Conquest reduction)
    Refundable security deposit N/A
    Acquisition fee $575

Lessee responsible for $0.25/mile over 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end.

Rate based on $48,640 MSRP of 2006 Audi A6 3.2 quattro® Sedan with 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with Tiptronic, Premium package, Sunroof Package, and destination charge.

Purchase option at lease end for $26,265.60.

Any reaction to whether this is a good basic deal and where to negotiate on this?

I am buying in New York City and the New York Metropolitan area."
    I'm curious why you don't find this A6 lease offer attractive. The feedback I'm getting from other Forum participants is that it's a pretty good deal for the lessee.

I know that you currently have a good lease deal on an Audi A4 , but the A4 is much cheaper to lease. For example, Audi is currently offering a 36 month lease on a 2006 A4 2.0 T quattro Sedan at $369 per month with a down payment of $1,299, an acquisition fee of $575, 10,000 miles per year and a disposition fee of $350 due at lease end. The MSRP for this car is 33,660.00 and the purchase option at lease end for is for $19,186.20. I know your lease terms are better, but bear in mind that you appear to have obtained your deal about a year ago when interest rates were much lower, which significantly affects the cost to Audi Financial Services of offering a lease program like this.

In the current interest rate environment, I think the A6 lease is not bad at all.

Any reaction?
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    Do not put money down on the lease via a cap cost reduction.

Buy more miles if you need them NOW, Audi does not allow you to buy them later, like BMW and others.

Put down as drive off cost a sec dep (or multiple sec deps) and first mo payment and an acq fee, period. If you do not put a sec dep down, the price may be higer.

If you want to play this to your advantage, make a multiple sec dep deal, which means a lower payment and you get your money back. If the Sec Dep is $500, make a $1500 (or more or less) sec dep NOT a cap cost reduction.

The down payment, unless THEY are making it would not be refunded should your car be totaled -- the GAP protection protects THEM in that case not you.

Otherwise, good deal -- @ 12K miles, but not at 10K.
    Dear Nickelrev: Thanks for the reply and the advice. Yes, I plan to go with the zero down option (and pay a higher monthly lease payment, but as you indicate, it's worth it because the money factor to do this is so low-1.34%) and am buying upfront 12K in miles (which costs an additional $13/month but is worth the protection). Regards.
  • concolconcol Member Posts: 1
    This is my first time looking at a lease. This is what the Internet team at a local delearship offered. It is 10K miles, but I know I will have to buy 15K. What do you think a fair price should be? Also, do you think if I leased two I could get a better deal?

2006 Audi A6 4.2 Auto Tiptronic® Quattro®
    Technology Package
    Suggested Retail Price - $58,290
    Internet Price - $56,014
    36 Months x $790 to $800 + Tax with $3,990 Due at Signing and 10,000 Miles per Year

Based on Audi Financial Services Special Lease Program requiring qualified credit approval. Program expires on 07/05/06.
  • newkid300newkid300 Member Posts: 18
    Does anyone know the residual and money factor for July for the A6 Frontrak (not quattro)? Thanks
  • dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    Car_man,

Could you please post the new July numbers when available. The currecnt A6 deal expires today. I am looking for a 24 Month 15K lease on a A6 Quattro and also 36 Month 15K. Also, do you know what the upfront cost is for additional mileage, I really need 20K a year.

Thanks so much!!!

Sean
  • akassemakassem Member Posts: 9
    I am also interested in the same for 12K miles per year and 2 or 3 year lease for quatro. Can someone also point me to the Acura RL numbers as well? Many thanks.

Amin
  • kindzcarkindzcar Member Posts: 29
    Car_man- can you please post the July numbers...
    I am starting to speak with my local dealer in conjunction with my brother so we can both get out of our cars and into new Audi's. However, I am more concerned with the A6 4.2 If you have anything on the S6 as well, that would be great.

Thanks for any help.
  • shehzyshehzy Member Posts: 11
    Car man -- As others have shown interest as well, can you please post the new numbers for the following:

2006 3.2 Quattro 12K miles, 3 yrs Money Factor / Residual?
    2006 3.2 Quattro 15K miles, 3 yrs Money Factor / Residual?

If 2007 numbers are out:
    2007 3.2 Quattro 12K miles, 3 yrs Money Factor / Residual?
    2007 3.2 Quattro 15K miles, 3 yrs Money Factor / Residual?

Are there any incentives (e.g. $1000 off) for current Audi/BMW owners?

Thanks!
  • kindzcarkindzcar Member Posts: 29
    The dealer that I spoke with today said that the new programs are more competitive then the program that expired on July 5th. That being said he advised that he had to work the numbers up over the weekend and would have something for me on Monday. Does not make any sense to me, other then the fact that I am trying to trade my current Audi in 7 month early.
  • reality2reality2 Member Posts: 303
    Carman,

Question: Any lease numbers, money factors, residuals, etc. yet available for the upcoming 2007 Audi S6? Just Curious. I have one order. Although I am purchasing it instead of leasing, I am curious to know what leasing would look like. Thanks for the input.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi threxx. I can give you an idea of what Audi's latest lease program for the A6 is like, but I have to tell you that it is going to be very expensive to get out of your A4 lease only half way through if that is what you are considering doing. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 4.2 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00145 and 47%, respectively. If you opt to pay cash for this car or finance it through an independent bank, make sure to take the whopping $6,000 dealer cash that Audi is currently providing on it into account. This cash is not compatible with the aforementioned special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi thbell. You can lease this car with 10,000, 12,000, or 15,000 miles per year. The higher your vehicle's mileage allowance is, the lower its residual value is, and the higher its monthly payment will be. The only way for you to increase this car's mileage allowance without increasing its monthly payment is to negotiate a selling price that is lower than the one that was used in this ad. Given the fact that most manufacturers' advertised leases leave a little room to negotiate in them, it may well be possible for you to negotiate a higher mileage allowance without increasing this car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Welcome concol. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

If you have negotiated an awesome deal on the one A6 that you want you probably will not get a better deal just because you want two cars. The dealer invoice price of the car that you described is $53,737. This means that you were quoted a price of around $2,277 over invoice. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a lower price than this. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Also, it is not in your best interest to make a large down payment when leasing. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears. You can and should lease your A6, only paying its first month's payment, a security deposit that is equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Audi Financial Services' $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi newkid300. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now I will assume that you are interested in a typical 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something else. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 Sedan without quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00090 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Here you go, Sean. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00105 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease should be .00105 and a surprisingly low 45%. I know that AFS charges $0.25 per mile as an excess mileage penalty at lease-end, but I am not sure how much of a discount it provides for miles purchased at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi Amin. See my previous post for the info that you are looking for. AFS' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals. Check out the following discussion for information on the Acura RL: "Acura RL: Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi kindzcar. Audi's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease for and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. If you lease a 2006 Audi A6 4.2 Sedan through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00145 and 47%, respectively. I don't believe that Audi has published a lease program for the S6 yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi shehzy. See my previous several posts for the information that you are interested in. The numbers for the 2007 A6 are not available yet. Audi is no longer providing owner loyalty or conquest cash on leases of this car. Instead in July is has $6,000 dealer cash on '06 A6 3.2 Sedans. This incentive is much higher than the $1,000 that was available in June, but it is not compatible with leases through Audi Financial Services.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Nope. I haven't seen any info on what the lease program will be like for the S6 yet, reality2. Sorry.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • rstnpcrstnpc Member Posts: 9
    Carman:/

Is the $6K dealer cash just for support of the 06 A6 3.2 sedan or can the cash be used for the 3.2 avant? Thanks for your efforts!
  • aljodoro1aljodoro1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 A6 which has one more year on a four year lease. I would like to get a 2006 and is now the time especially with the large inventory at my dealer and the cash back to the dealer. Is there any logic to my timing and what should I expect? I would coming with a car with one year to go to release a new model. How do they hanlde the old lease with one year to go. How do I get some benefit from the dealer cash? I have 24,000 on a 48000 mile lease. Car is in excellent condition.
    Thanks, Al
    Seattle
  • kkarlkkarl Member Posts: 2
    Car Man:
    Regarding the $6000 dealer cash on A6 3.2, I have not seen that on the Edmunds listing of rebates/incentives for Audi A6. The listing currently mentions only low financing rates. Is this $6000 already in place right now, or will it start on some date? If it has started, what is the expiration date? I would like to know for sure because I would like to use this in negotiation. Thanks.
  • anyalytical99anyalytical99 Member Posts: 2
    Car Man:

Purchase Price Part:

I am thinking about leasing a 2006 A6 3.2 with MSRP of $45,560 (not including destination charge of $720)

Sunroof Pkg.
    Premim Pkg.
    18 in wheels

Based upon the MSRP the dealer gave a quote of about 550/mo before tax based upon 36 months with 15,000 miles. Tax would be for Florida...Miami.

The invoice is $42,706.

- Saleswoman also told me that there are current manufacturer to dealear incentives to get rid of remaining 06 models; Any thoughts...

-I dont know the exact date of manufacturer of the car yet (there 3 exact to choose from)so there may be an additional incentive on one of the three if it has been sitting around for 4-8 months...

If there is I am further driven to negotiate $200-400 below invoice.

Leasing Part:

I have a 2000 A4 leased with AFS and have 2 payments left. What is the customer loyalty program if turn in early and move up in lines? Do they pat last 2 monthly payments/apply towards cap cost reduction and/or is there $1000 off incentive.

-Also is the current residual/mf for the A6 3.2 the same as you posted on July 9 the same, that being:

"lease a 2006 Audi A6 Sedan without quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00090 and 51%, respectively."

Your thoughts would be much obliged ;)
  • jjomalleyjjomalley Member Posts: 9
  • korientkorient Member Posts: 10
    Scored my first audi today. A 2006 A6 quattro Black/Platinum with premium/sunroof package for $40k before tax/fees. MSRP $48640.

This forum really helped to get the best deal. (I hope)

Thank you all.
  • kmt123kmt123 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking at doing a 36 month lease, 15K miles per year on a 2007 A6 Quattro with the premium package, convenience package, prepay maintenance (which adds 1% to the residual) and satellite radio. Can anyone give me some ball park estimates of what the monthly lease would be? And if anyone knows what the current residuals, rates are??
  • dtawildtawil Member Posts: 20
    Hi Everyone,

I'm interested in leasing a 2006 Audit 3.2 quattro with the Sunroof and premium package. The MSRP is $48,640. I've gotten lease quotes from $575-$625 all seem to high to me, am I correct to assume these are too high for the 2006 model?

Does anyone know if Audi will have another special on the A6 by the end of August, my current car lease ends in two weeks and if it means going two without a car to get the A6 for $499 then I'm willing to wait it out, otherwise I have to make a move. I'm leasing in the NY and asked about a 10k mile lease.

Thanks for all the help.
    No problem rstnpc. Unfortunately, the 2006 A6 3.2 Avant only has $4,000 dealer cash available on it. Keep in mind that this cash is not compatible with supported leases through Audi Financial Services.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Al. I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases early, especially a whole year before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so you would either have to pay all of your car's remaining payments or have trade it in to the dealer. Even if you are able to trade it in, there is a good chance that it is going to be worth less as a trade than you will have to pay to buy it from the bank that you are leasing it through AND that banks may still want you to pay at least the depreciation portion of your remaining monthly payments. The amount of money that you save on getting a good deal on an A6 now will be eaten up by the cost of breaking your lease before its scheduled end. Also, keep in mind that the cash back that you mentioned is not compatible with Audi's special lease program. So if you lease your new A6 through Audi Financial Services you will not benefit from the dealer cash at all. If I was in your situation, I personally would wait until next year to get a new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey kkarl. I'm not sure how this dealer cash was missed in the incentives section of this site (I am not involved in that department), but I can assure you that it definitely exists. As I just mentioned to another community member though, it is not compatible with Audi's special lease program. You can only take advantage of it if you pay cash or finance / lease your new car through an independent bank. I believe that this dealer cash is scheduled to be available through September 5th.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi anyalytical99. I didn't see mention of this car's selling price when you described the lease that you were quoted. This is a very important number for you as a consumer to know because it shows you how much of a discount you are being given. If you can lease this car with a capitalized cost of around dealer invoice, like you hinted, you would be getting a very good deal. Audi is providing dealer cash to help dealers unload their remaining 2006 A6 models, however this cash is not compatible with Audi's special lease program.

Audi was providing special owner loyalty cash on the 2006 A6 a month or two ago, but I do not believe that it has any special incentives on this car for returning customers right now. Unless there is some sort of special program out there that I am not aware of you will still have to pay your remaining two payments on your current lease. You may be able to get the dealer that you are working with to "pay them for you," but in reality all this would be doing is hampering your ability to get the best possible deal on your new vehicle.

This car's lease program has not changed since July 9th.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes
    Hey jjomalley :) . All kidding aside, I would be happy to give you an idea of what the lease program is currently like for the car that you are interested in. I just need you to tell me exactly which model you want, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. Let me know and I'll see if I can find out what the lease program is currently like for the car that you want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, korient. I'm glad that you found this forum so helpful. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello kmt123. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A6 2.0T Sedan with quattro and with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 58%, respectively. As you mentioned, if you opt for the pre-paid maintenance I believe that this car's residual value would be 1% higher. I would be happy to calculate what this car's lease payment should be like for you, however in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP and approximate selling price. You can look up its MSRP by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this car right now by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dtawil. You really need to find out what the selling prices of the leases that you were quoted are. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Knowing the selling price will show you how much of a discount you are being given and will enable you to calculate what your car's lease payment should be (assuming that you know what Audi's lease program is, which I can provide). I would be happy to share my thoughts with you on the leases that you were quoted if you provide me with the selling prices. It is difficult to say exactly what Audi's August lease program for the A6 will be like, but I personally do not expect it to be very different from its existing program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Car man,

Thanks for the help. The selling price I got quoted was $45k, this does not include taxes.

I guess I really missed the boat on this one huh? That $499 lease looked great!
    Hi Car man,

I just clicked on a link to an article you provided that shows you how to estimate what a lease rate might look like. However, I've gotten some crazy number, can you double check my work and see what I'm doing wrong?

Negotiated price= $45,000

Residual Value for car- using 45% you provided in your previous post= $20,250

Negotiated price- Residual= $24,750/36= $687.50

45,000+ 20,250= $65,250x .0105= $685.12

$687.5+$685.12= $1372.62

This without tax, so this can not possibly be right, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks again, and that article is really very helpful.
    Oops I goofed. Used .0105 instead of .00105 adding all that up I get $719.93 before taxes. I guess I just have a bad selling price because I see some members we able to get this for 40k-42k in the purchased forum. I'll look at other dealers over the weekend.
    Well, the Yes did answer my question!!! :D

I'm looking at an 07 A6 4.2 (fairly loaded) with 10K miles and 36 or 48 months. The list is going to be around $63K

Thanks for your help.
  • anyalytical99anyalytical99 Member Posts: 2
    Here is the update

-2006 A6 3.2
    -Sunroof pckg
    -Sirus Sat
    -18 in wheels and tires

MSRP: $44,740
    Invoice: $40,504
    Purchase/Selling Price: $36,740

36 months/12000 miles
    Money Factor = .00214 (.00234 originally, but dealer reduced leasing managers commission of .00020)
    Residual = 44%

Last two payments on old lease with AFS totaling $870.66 paid by dealer.

$3500 due at inception ($2000 being 1st mo.; tax, tag, title & $1500 being cash)
    $590.00/mo

These numbers were through another bank the dealer has a deal with. I asked about the AFS numbers. The AudiFinSer numbers provided a slightly better residual of 46%. But acording to the dealer AFS did not have residuals of 51% as I thought they were around based on there current program that hasn't changed as of July 9th. Can you confirm AFS current program? Of course I am going to verify with the dealer again. Any thoughts on this?

I have no issues with the discount I am getting plus the two last payments being taken care of; but would wanna know if the AFS has changed to reflect lower residuals.

Thanks again for your thoughts :shades:
  • maf1maf1 Member Posts: 17
    Car Man,

I am planning to lease an A6 3.2 sedan, and have been offered below invoice price. Looking at these postings it seems like people have been getting great deals as well. Are the dealers getting some other form of cash on leases? Can we use the aforementioned 6000 dealer cash in our negotiations? I need to know how low to push, because below invoice is new territory for me.
    Thank you again, the forums are great, after seeing the deals on A6's I changed my mind from buying a 530 ix.

Marc
    Hello? Car Man?? You out there??
  • mandesonmandeson Member Posts: 20
    Car Man,

I would like to know the current residual values and money factors for August for the A6, for 36 months with 12K per year. Also are there any cash incentives such as the ones from July still available?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • booya8140booya8140 Member Posts: 1
    I think that's too much. This is what they offer me. $2000 drive off and $551/mo(including tax). This car was just basic with sunroof package. But I think for Sirus Sat and 18 inch. wheel will cost you $1500 more upfront and $40 dollar extra a month(I assume 590/mo tax is already included)? hm...
  • nooksnooks Member Posts: 1
    Car man,
    What is the lowest possible money factor in August on a 2006 A6 3.2 for 36 month/12k miles per year?
    Thanks,

Al
  • shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    Car man,
    What is the money factor and the residual value of a Audi A6 3.2 for 36 month 15k miles?
    I received the following numbers for an 07 A6 4.2:

- MF .0026
    - Resid 54%
    - 36 Months
    - 10K miles/year

That MF translates to over 6%. I think the dealer's trying to work in a little extra profit there. That's on top of paying MSRP for the car!! I'm waiting on another dealer to get back to me with numbers.

Also, I was told that the numbers for a 42 or 48 month lease were even higher as Audi is trying to build up their CPO fleet over the next few years and want to keep people in 36 month or less leases. Don't know if that's bs or not.
This discussion has been closed.