Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• brokerrbrokerr Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,
    This is going to be my first car to lease and I need your help.

Here is the info I got from the dealer:

MSRP = $54470
    Your & nbsp Price = $51379  (this invoice with option $49852.00 from Edmunds. But dealer said that “Edmunds is just a guideline at best” and gave me invoice $ 50879.00)

36 mo @ 12000 miles per year
    2321.57 drive off & nbsp;
    849.86 + tax (CA tax 8.25%)

Acquisition fee: 575
    Residual: 29958.50
    MF: 0.00180

Initial cap: 54470.00
    Adjusted cap: 55045.00

Has Tech, preminum and Convenience Package.

Thanks for your help.
  • lyndonwlyndonw Member Posts: 6
    I have located a 2006 A6 3.2L FT CVT with 4500 miles. It was used as a loaner and has never been titled. It is light silver metalic w/ebony interior and has sunroof, premium package, 18" 7 spoke alloy wheels and power rear sunshades and side sunshades. The MSRP is $47,094. They will sell the car for $38,894 out the door, Also, I can lease for 36 months with 12K miles per year for $1960 initial cost and $550 per month plus tax of $33 for a total of $583. per month.
    Good deal? Which is the better deal? I am obviously inexperienced at this and would appreciate amy comments or suggestions.
  • theomtheom Member Posts: 2
    Check out some of the earlier posts. 2006 A6s have been selling brand new for $6000 under invoice. I bought a 4.2 A6 for about $10k below MSRP and they were offering the same deal on the 3.2s. This was Audi of Alexandria in VA. You may want to shop around more, unless this is all that's left and you're hooked. By the way, I have about 2000 miles on mine and it's been flawless.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, petrie3. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A6 4.2 Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 55%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Audi A8 4.2L long wheel base are .00249 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dras. This isn't a naive question at all. Unfortunately, it is already too late to get a great deal on lease of a 2006 Audi. Not only has Audi stopped providing lease support on 2006 models, but it even cut its dealer cash on them by $1,000 this month. You would be much better off waiting to lease a 2007 model in March of next year. Not only is is likely that you will get a better deal on your new car, but you won't waste the money that you would have to spend to get out of your current lease early.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lyndonw. This car's lease program varies depending upon exactly what model you want, how long you want to lease it for, and its mileage allowance. I would be happy to give you an idea of what the lease program is currently like for the A6 that you are interested in if you provide me with this missing information.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings brokerr. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Let me begin by saying that the money factor that you were quoted for this car is too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of any 2007 A6 is currently only .00140 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00155 with the deposit waived. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking your car's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. Now that you know what your car's money factor should be you should be able to get your dealer to use it to calculate your car's payment.

The selling price that you were quoted for this car doesn't look bad, but you might want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their A6s lately: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi lyndonw. You should be able to get this car for waaaaay below dealer invoice. Audi is currently providing $5,000 dealer cash on leftover 2006 A6 Sedans. So right there you are at $5,000 or so below invoice. Then you have to add an additional discount for the thousands of miles that this car has on it. I personally would want to get this car for at least $7,000 below invoice and the dealer may not be willing to make that happen. I usually find that dealers are usually not willing to provide as large a discount on demo vehicles as I would want to purchase what is essentially a low mileage used vehicle over a brand new one. You can look up the invoice price of the exact car that you want by visiting the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • twnmangotwnmango Member Posts: 6
    What is the MF and Residual for 2007 A6's, both 3.2 and 4.2 models.

Is there a difference for Sedan and Avant?
    How about one with and without the S-Line Package?

Tks,
    Jimmy
  • surrfurtomsurrfurtom Member Posts: 122
    Odd....but I've found that also to be true. Dealers do not discount demos to the level of used low mileage vehicles. Yet as a buyer I'd prefer a low mileage one owner used vehicle over a demo. Odds favor that it was taken much better care of and not abused. Demos are usually ridden hard and put away wet from mile number one.
  • baudobaudo Member Posts: 3
    carman,

hello, was debating whether to wait till next month to lease a fully optioned 2007 a6 avant. do you also know the current november mf and residual?

thank you,

john
    Hi Jimmy. These cars' lease programs vary depending upon how long you lease them for and their mileage allowances. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 A6 4.2L Sedan are .00140 and 52%. If you add the S-Line package the A6's residual values drop by 2%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello John. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value a 36 month lease of a 2007 A6 Avant with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • king2502king2502 Member Posts: 2
    Washington DC area dealers are advertising a $538/month lease on a 2007 A6 with an msrp of 47,270. The deal is for 36 months with $25,053 purchase option at lease end. 10,000 miles. $2250 down, security deposit $550 and acquisition fee of $575. Cost factor is .00190.

The dealer we spoke with would do this deal but somehow he calculated that there would be $7000 due at lease signing... The advertised deal does say it doesn't include taxes, though I'm not completely clear on where that $7000 is coming from. That number may need to be negotiated further.

In any event, anyone have thoughts on this to help me? Is the advertised deal very good, or just so-so? Thanks very much.
  • kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    It sucks.
  • bargamonbargamon Member Posts: 302
    My Allroad lease is up and Audi just does not make any sense. Leased a 530i with no money down (fist payment only) for 36mos with money reate of .00065 and residual of 60%. For a MSRP of $55,000 its a payment with taxes of $630. Two factors made me defect, first was the desire for Manual Transmission and second was financial. Comparable A6 would cost less but lease for much more.

I loved my Audi and love the A6, but there is a limit.

I hope to be back to Audi some day. Really!
  • petrie3petrie3 Member Posts: 47
    Clearly BMW is subventing their leases in order to move their product. That money factor and residual are both better than the "market". I think BMW is having trouble selling enough of their Bangle-mobiles and need to subsidize to do it. The Audi programs use decent interest rates (though not a low as BMW) but the AFS residuals are probably pretty realistic (which means very low).

If Audi can move enough inventory at these levels then more power to them; but it doesn't mean we have to lease a Audi when other deals are vastly superior! I'm not a big fan of the BMW 5 or 7 series, but am still tempted by the deals at BMW. The Mercedes residual on the new S makes it competitive as a lease with the A8 which has a much lower MSRP! I am struggling with my decision now. I keep expecting that AFS will be offering a competitive program any day now, but it doesn't seem to be in the cars; which must mean that the company is satisfied with the number of cars it is "selling" through leases.
  • ccapccap Member Posts: 40
    This has been the problem with Audi all along. Its seems to me that AFS doesn't support there cars enough to offer higher residuals which would then bring there monthly payments in line.

However they want the consumer to absorb that costs and its a shame because Audi's are great cars. I guess AFS and even Audi dont think so.
  • kindzcarkindzcar Member Posts: 29
    I recently just signed with BMW. I have leased 2 Audi's and when I started to talk to Audi, they were so out of the ballpark. I really liked the new A6 also, but for me to stay for a third lease, I wanted to be blown out ofhte water for a lease deal. Not only wasnt I blow out of the water, but I was insulted based on the current lease deals that BMW is offering. I have a lease of $699 a month on a car that MSRP's for $62,000.
  • petrie3petrie3 Member Posts: 47
    I agree that Audi's lease program is not good for us as consumers who want Audis. But if AoA is selling/leasing enough vehicles without needing to subsidize the leases, than why should they give away profit? The odd thing is that I don't really think they ARE meeting their sales goals in the USA.

I believe that offering a more competitive lease program would result in Audis "flying" out of the lots since the product compares so well with BMW and MB. Until they do that, many potential Audi customers will still head to the competition for the "offer that's too good to refuse".
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    It depends on which Audi you're trying to lease. The A6 lease deals are kinda average, but the 2007 A4 has the best lease deal on the market right now. 369/mo for a 2.0 Quattro with just over a 1,000 due @ signing. The same 3 series or c class MB will cost you a lot more.

And Audi had a record sales month in Novemeber, so it's hard to say that people aren't buying the product.
  • mlasallemlasalle Member Posts: 1
    Looking at an A6 -- 3.2 (non-quattro) with convenience and premium...quoted me .0014 Money Factor and 67% Residual on 24 mos...

I am looking for 36 months lease...what are the current terms out there (including how much off MSRP are they going for right now?)?

Thanks...
  • jimborijimbori Member Posts: 7
    2007 A6 3.2
    Premium
    Convenience
    Htd Steering Wheel
    Cold Weather
    Technology
    $54,770 MSRP

Leased for $710/mo for 36 mo / 15 k including maintenance (extra $2 per mo)

Only first month, acquisition fee ($575) and docs (approx. $125) due at delivery

Great car - really enjoying it.

Hopes this helps someone.
  • allagarooallagaroo Member Posts: 88
    So taxes included in the $710 per month?

Good Luck with the Audi. I have an A6 2.7T coming off lease soon and trying to make a replacement decision. Car was fabulous in every way. New lease is significantly more money than my '03 and there are other AWD candidates like M35x and GS 350 that I'm considering for less money,

J
  • kindzcarkindzcar Member Posts: 29
    Do yourself a favor and run to your local BMW dealer by Jan 3. I have a fully loaded 530xi msrp 62,500 lease of $690. I was a two time audi guy but BMW blew Audi out the door and the XI IMO is just as good if not better then the A6.

Good Luck
    Hi king2502. $7,000 due at lease signing :surprise: . That's way too much money to pay when leasing a vehicle. All you are required to pay at signing are your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to your payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment, Audi Financial Services' $575 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees. You really shouldn't make any sort of capitalized cost reduction, aka down payment, when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments on leased vehicles risk losing them if their cars are totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. I would be happy to calculate what sort of monthly payment a zero down lease of this car would have right now for you if you provide me with its approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mlasalle. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 A6 3.2 Sedan without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 64%, respectively. This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value is 2% higher and its 3% residual value is 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residual value. Make sure to stop by the following discussion for information on how much community members have paid for similar cars lately: "Audi A6: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new car, jimbori. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • andyline100andyline100 Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get your lease? The best rate I could find was close to $800.00 a month, which I think is not a good rate. Thanks for your help.
  • andyline100andyline100 Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in leasing an Audi A6 right away.
    If anyone knows of good rates in the D.C., Virginia,or Maryland areas, please post dealership's or company's name.
    Thank you,
    A
  • bcmullbcmull Member Posts: 7
    Could someone please provide me with the Jan 2007 MF and Resdiual for:

2007 Audi A6 4dr All-wheel Drive quattro Sedan 3.2
    15k year @ 36 (39?) months

If it makes a difference, I am looking for the car with the premium and cold weather package.

Thanks.
  • jimborijimbori Member Posts: 7
    A

Sorry for the very late reply - I've been traveling and unable to check-in with Edmunds.

Got this deal at Inskip in Warwick, RI - check with their internet person.

Pleasant buying experience.

J
    In NY/NJ just left a deposit for A6 3.2Quattro MF .00027 res 12000miles 49%. With $550 for Audi Care Residual 50%. $2500 owner loyalty 36 months
    Premium
    convenience
    technology
    18" wheels all weathers
    heated steering wheel
    Audi Advantage
    taxes in monthly payment
    bank fee-mv-1st payment
    $723.89 monthly
    Good Luck
    J
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bcmull. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro with 15,000 miles peer year are .00027 and 47%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ajp00ajp00 Member Posts: 17
    Car_Man,

I probably should have asked in a previous message, but can you tell me the MF and residual for Audi A6 3.2 quattro w/12K per year? Thanks
  • obiwan1obiwan1 Member Posts: 42
    CarMan, is the MF really 0.00027?
    .00027 is correct and the res. is 47% for 15,000 miles and 49% for 12000. If you opt for Audi care for $550 res. goes up a point to 50%-No brainer!!!!!!! $2500 owners loyalty rebate.
    Ordered a A6 3,2Q Black/Black
    premium
    convenience
    technology
    18" wheels w/245/40 18" all seasons
    heated steering wheel
    MSRP 55120
    cap cost 52123 -invoice $50853+profit $600+ adv. etc.$670
    bank fee inc.
    sales tax and tax on bonus upfront
    36 months
    MP $665.25
    Picking up car 2/27
    J
  • obiwan1obiwan1 Member Posts: 42
    Thanks for the info J

Mind sharing where you ended up leasing from?

I am in the Baltimore/DC area and am looking for A6 3.2 with premium/Conv/Tech package
    I leased car from AFS through Anchor Audi in Lynbrook, L.I. This is my 3rd A6 from them and have been pleased with their sales practices and service. Email me if you want to discuss further. Who to contact etc. Address in profile.
    J
    Here you go, ajp00. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 A6 3.2 Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00027 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    It certainly is, obiwan1. The low money factor that Audi is providing on this car, it is equivalent to an interest rate of around 0.65%, helps to make up for this car's low residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • richneedsaleasrichneedsaleas Member Posts: 40
    I had two leases terminate on very similarly used vehicles at the same time, so here is what I can share about that lesser known period of the lease: The Termination...

Driving my Audi was OK, but boy, the leasing department (Audi Financial Services in Detroit)was a very negative experience at lease end.

Niggling charges up the whazoo on a very, very undermileage car. Mercedes Benz was a wonderful experience on a similarly driven vehicle turned in only two weeks later. If a credit card covers it, MB don't charge for it. No turn in fees for wear and tear. Audi was horrible and had many unjust and even incorrect fees- it was a laundry list.

Somebody should tell AFS about customer service, it was a nightmare to reach anyone there. Of course, I couldn't even get a supervisor on the line at Audi to discuss the issues and the clerks were bored by my calls. I am very dissatisfied with Audi. Kudos to Mercedes though!
  • ajp00ajp00 Member Posts: 17
    Car_Man or anyone who knows

Can you tell me the March MF and residual on 2007 A6 3.2 quattro w/ 12K miles a year? Finally about to move forward. Thanks in advance.
    Hi richneedsaleas. Thanks for sharing your lease-end experience with everyone. It's interesting that Audi Financial Services was so picky. That just seems like cutting off their nose to spite their face to me. Sure they may have made a few bucks by nit picking your vehicle at the end of your deal, but I suspect that you probably won't lease from them again for a long time, if ever. Not a very good business decision if you ask me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for, ajp00. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A6 3.2 quattro Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00007 and 48%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • kerbkerb Member Posts: 195
    Does anyone know the current Money Factor and Residual for an A6 3.2 (non-quattro) for 12K and 15K miles.

Thx.

Steve
  • tapgypsytapgypsy Member Posts: 11
    What was the MSRP and milage allowance for your A4? How many months? I am looking at an A4 and was quoted $461 for 36 months, 15k, $1200 out of pocket, msrp $33.5K
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Steve. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an Audi A6 3.2 Sedan without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00007 and 45%, respectively. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tmacdonaldtmacdonald Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man

Can you tell me the MF and 15j residual for an '07 A6 Quattro Sedan and also for the Avant wagon. I'm trying to decide between the two.

Thanks!
  • tmacdonaldtmacdonald Member Posts: 4
    Also, do you know what the residual would drop to for 20k for these two cars? Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.